PDA

View Full Version : Your notable/worst defeats?

Seto Fett
09-19-2005, 10:29 PM
We all know we've had them. Those grueling, tough battles ending with a dissapointing loss. You could of been winning big-time, then the next thing you know, you've lost it all. Or perhaps it was a losing battle since the start and you were struggling throughout the whole fight. Anyway, we've all had one of those battles at some point in our VII career, so what's yours? If you have multiple stories, go on ahead and share them as well.

One for me was the classic Emerald WEAPON fight. I was doing so-so, as I was having my share of times when I was in control while times where he was in control. I was managing pretty well for the most part overall, and was casting KOTR every turn with Cloud. Nanaki was acting as medic, but unfortunately, Vincent failed to destroy Emerald's last side cannon, which inconviently targeted Nanaki. After this, the battle was over in about two seconds, as Emerald took Vincent and Cloud out before I could even manage to recover.

G SpOtZ
09-19-2005, 11:23 PM
emerald and ruby, awhile ago when i was playing ff7 on the computer. and almost always Demongate gave me trouble, but not this time around. i simply crushed his flat ass with meteorain and tifa's limit break.

blackline77
09-19-2005, 11:28 PM
for me it was rubyi was doing pretty good then he swiped cloud and it was all over.

BackRoomKid
09-20-2005, 12:13 AM
the beaches near Nibelheim...

there's these jellyfish monstars, and in one strike, they can cast either stop or petrify, either way it's a "stop" effect

of course, after hours of playing, I decide to level up before I go to Nibelheim

my part is Aeris, Tifa, and Cloud

run into that Jellyfish, i have no "softs" or "esuna" so he takes me out.....i was so mad....and embarassed

boys from the dwarf
09-20-2005, 07:13 AM
my most shameful defeats were against demon gate,shcizo and carry armour. demon gate is suprisingly easy if you have the rught strategy and schizo i was just waiting for luck. carry armour kept on beating me but once i gotthe right strat(kill one of his arms then the body.) i beat him.on my first playthrough it was hard because i killed both arms and he kept on using lapis laser. cloud and barret were K.Oed and tifa was on low health so i kept on using cure then used a limit break to finish him.

d£v!l'$ ph0£n!x
09-20-2005, 10:23 AM
i'm like BFTD. demon gate schizo n carry armor. in my first play thru i spent bout a week on demon gate and 2 on schizo. carry armor is just a bitch!!!

Euan_hmfc
09-20-2005, 11:12 AM
Heh, I could never beat Safer Sephy when I was younger. Faced him two days ago, and he was a breeze...

Had this one fight with the last few bosses when I was severly under-levelled and had no good materia. Anyway, I scraped past Jenova, and then was lucky enough to beat Bizarro because Cait Sith (why did I use him again?) got lucky and was made massive by his limit break, causing 9999 HP damage with his physical attack, and then got totally pwned by Sephy.

Now, he's easy :)

Venom
09-20-2005, 11:24 AM
My most embarrasing defeat was indefinetely when i was fighting Proud clod.....i went in there with half my HP......i was really cocky back then.

Craig
09-20-2005, 11:27 AM
I haven't. Because I roll twenties.

Captain Maxx Power
09-20-2005, 12:31 PM
It's a testament to the problems I've had with Demonwall that I know exactly how many HPs he has. It's 10000.

KoShiatar
09-20-2005, 10:09 PM
The first time I tried to fight Ruby Weapon. Everything was going all right, but then.. é_é I had to retreat and level up my materia some more.

Carl the Llama
09-20-2005, 10:17 PM
We all know we've had them. Those grueling, tough battles ending with a dissapointing loss.

[TR][TD]LIES

* White Aeris *
09-21-2005, 04:21 PM
definately Demon's gate (if thats the thing in Temple of the Ancients). first time got wiped out competly. didn't expect him to be so damn hard!

Such Great Heights
09-21-2005, 07:42 PM
I always had a lot of trouble with the Materia Keeper (?) at the end of the Nibelheim when I was younger. Low levels + Trine = dead.

DarkLord
09-25-2005, 06:06 AM
'Twas a beautious day and I felt like taking a stroll with only one qaurter of my health. I decided to attack the ProudClod, I lasted a minute and a half.

TurkSlayer
09-25-2005, 06:15 AM
Demon Gate. I was at low HP for most of the battle, but I just kept slamming him with everything I had. Cloud and Vince were pushing it to the limit, and Aeris's cure wasn't doing much. Still, I thought I was doing pretty well. I kept telling myself "One more hit and he's dead!" But that hit never came. Finally I used Scan and found that one or two more hits would beat him. Right after that, he killed everyone. It was sad...

BFM
09-26-2005, 11:33 AM
Tip to making the fight with Demon Gate easier: Cast Slow on him, he's fast so slow can give you an edge.

=Angelus=
09-26-2005, 12:09 PM
I died to a guard scorpion... =( that was my very VERY first experience with Final Fantasy at all.. fortunately, i figured out how to save just before that, came back to kick its ass back to ShinraLang
I always had a lot of trouble with the Materia Keeper (?) at the end of the Nibelheim when I was younger. Low levels + Trine = dead.
hehe.. my experience with him was crappier... i had Cloud, Yuffie and Vincent on my team.. Cloud and Yuffie died... Vincent was LimitBreaked to Gallant beast... it was horrible seeing how Vincent would do some dmg on one turn, only to heal that guy with his elemental attack on the next :(:(:( boo.....

kratos_GoS
10-03-2005, 09:18 AM
being beaten up by emerald weapon for 7 years that was kind of hard

Bubbles1230
10-06-2005, 10:56 PM
Ahh, i have one. The first time i played FF7, I was at Cosmo Canyon. I was selling some stuff, and i saw that ether was worth 750 gil! I started flippin out and sold all my ether, like an idiot, to buy their materia and weapons. So, i saved right before i went into GI Cave, and before i knew it, my hp for all 3 characters was out. I had 1 ether left, and used it on Red. Then to my surprise, some boss came out of that creepy troll face, and i didnt know that 1 phoenix down or 1 megalixer would kill it. So, i died. Plus, i couldnt get my ethers back, cuz i sold them all and saved. That really sucked. I am an idiot.l

Yuber
10-07-2005, 07:33 AM
Probably proud clod in the battle arena with all my materia disabled and my hp halved, and i died against materia keeper on my first run through and forgot to save, really pissed me off at the time.

Chris
10-07-2005, 12:55 PM
Demon Gate was grueling the first time I fought him, he seriously kicked my ass.

Yoruhoshi
11-06-2005, 06:39 AM
The worst defeat for me was at first beating Red Dragon, then forgetting to save, getting my butt owned by Demon's Gate and then trying to go through eight more times and each time getting my butt owned by the damned Dragon.

Blitz Ace
11-06-2005, 07:50 AM
i had problems fighting that monster that comes out of the safe that you have to kill to get vincent in your party... man, just when you think you're owning him, he changes into some massively powerful form, and snaps you...

six underground
11-06-2005, 12:00 PM
only the other day when i was attempting to beat emerald ... around my second trial i had Vincent and Cid at 9999 HP then emerald thankfully gave me an Aire Tam Storm and they both got LUCKY 7s two of which were enough to finish the battle then it turned out i'd overshot my healing with megalixirs and someone threw a Megalixir out then Vincent and Cid went back to 9999 hp. rargh. :O_O:

another was when i was attempting ruby and i had stunned him and had gone through like 5 KOTRs until she woke up and gave me an Ultima, me without any decent magic defense. what an insult. :O_O:

Azure
11-06-2005, 12:19 PM
Guard Scorpion was a pretty humilating defeat, especially with how easy he was. Pretty much pwned Barret and Cloud pretty quickly. Those instructions were so BAD.

I get pwned by most boss battles, especially on my first play through, because I genuinely didn't know they were coming up. The worst would of had to been accidentally running into Ruby in the desert.. thought it was a little man.Turns out it WASN'T :cry:

Can't remember HOW badly I got owned, but it must have been pretty bad.

Bushmaori
11-21-2005, 12:53 AM
After the snowboarding bit on my first playthrough, low levels+no pheonix downs= not knowing how to leave = BAH.

Khaotic
11-21-2005, 01:33 AM
Dont remember, but probably something like accidently casting some magic while they had reflect on and I kill myself.

Markus. D
11-21-2005, 04:41 AM
Emerald weapon and the weapon that you have to hit with your airship was the only thing that could kill me.

but i never went good before death, or struggled then died..... i just well, you know, died!

DK
11-21-2005, 01:04 PM
People actually lost to Proud Clod? D: that thing is the biggest wuss in the entire world.

Lost Number
11-22-2005, 07:44 PM
Its strange. First time I played ff7 i beat Demons Gate easy. But now he's always hard. And im always at lower levels.

Zell>Everything
11-22-2005, 08:13 PM
Bloody Demonwall survived my OmniSlash! I still beat him, but I was suyrprised nonetheless...