PDA

View Full Version : Republicams..Whats up with them?

lordblazer
09-19-2005, 11:04 PM
Not really a bashing thread but a lot of neocons who debate with other people. Me being a moderate.

What is it with them when it comes to admitting that Clinton was an actually good president. And what do they have against clinton?

He got head? Something the other guys couldn't get so they hate him for it?

I dunno.

Can someone elborate for me why repubs hate clinton?

Seymour_Guado_Goth
09-19-2005, 11:08 PM
Republicans>Liberals

Momiji
09-19-2005, 11:21 PM
Can someone elborate for me why repubs hate clinton?

Not Clinton in particular. We dislike Liberals/Democrats because they dislike us. (I'm a Republican.)

blackline77
09-19-2005, 11:21 PM
i dont hate clinton,but im not a democrat. (by the way im republican)

nik0tine
09-19-2005, 11:22 PM
Republicans>Liberals
Fail.

Seymour_Guado_Goth
09-19-2005, 11:24 PM
Republicans>Liberals
Fail.
I knew someone wouldn't agree with me. You're the first. Congrats here is a cookie O_o

Sasquatch
09-19-2005, 11:27 PM
We don't like Clinton because he wasn't a good president. You think we won't admit he was a good president, we think you won't admit he was a bad president.

Jebus
09-19-2005, 11:32 PM
Clinton could've done better, but it still stands that FDR was the greatest president we've ever had.

Basically all of our presidents have sucked, cause either their too weak, or too engrossed in their own agenda to actually help the people of the nation. *cough*Bush*cough*

Samuraid
09-19-2005, 11:37 PM
Truthfully, every president has made mistakes and blunders. And everyone on the opposing sides often makes light of such blunders. Those things happen, that's why there's a vote. :)

lordblazer
09-19-2005, 11:42 PM
Clinton could've done better, but it still stands that FDR was the greatest president we've ever had.

Basically all of our presidents have sucked, cause either their too weak, or too engrossed in their own agenda to actually help the people of the nation. *cough*Bush*cough*
yeah FDR owns all the other presidents.

bipper
09-19-2005, 11:44 PM
I honestly think clinton was a great president. He is a great ex pres to. I am a republican, but I agree with several stands that Clinton has taken, and is taking today. Trade releif in Africa seems to be on his plate atm.
He just seems like a man who doesn't have his head in the clouds. That is more than I could say for any of his succeding canidates.

I also find my self very on the fence with FDR, especially the more I learn.
Bipper

Wiegrahf42
09-20-2005, 12:11 AM
OMG Clinton is teh evul cuz he like teh ladies !1!1!1!1

Bad impression done.
He wasn't too bad, better then others I could mention.

Sasquatch
09-20-2005, 12:28 AM
What did he do right?

TasteyPies
09-20-2005, 12:29 AM
Hey, I think Clinton was awesome.....

blackline77
09-20-2005, 12:31 AM
i think george washington was our greatest president.
and abe lincoln was a real good president too. ( and he was republican)..

Rye
09-20-2005, 12:42 AM
<table border="4">
<tr>
<td style="background-image:url(http://bart.gamingw.net/junk/dance/Elaine_Dancing.gif)">I think everyone who thinks a president did a crap job for one mistake should try being president themselves see how good they do, or else they should DANCE!!!

</td>
</tr>
<tr>
</tr>
</table>

blackline77
09-20-2005, 12:44 AM
thats is so true Rye. ive said that to plenty of people.

Wiegrahf42
09-20-2005, 12:44 AM
True dat. To err is human.

Sasquatch
09-20-2005, 12:46 AM
i think george washington was our greatest president.
and abe lincoln was a real good president too. ( and he was republican)..

Actually, a lot of people would disagree with Lincoln being a great president.

(I'm still wondering who's going to say something Clinton did right...)

bipper
09-20-2005, 01:14 AM
What did he do right?

<ol>
<li>
Under President Clinton's leadership, almost 6 million new jobs were created in the first two years of his Administration -- an average of 250,000 new jobs every month.
</li>

<li>
In 1994, the economy had the lowest combination of unemployment and inflation in 25 years.
</li>

<li> * President Clinton signed into law the largest deficit reduction plan in history, resulting in over $600 billion in deficit reduction. The deficit is going down for 3 years in a row for the first time since Harry Truman was president.

</li>
<li>Under the President's Direct Student Loan program, students can borrow money directly from the government at a lower interest rate and with many flexible repayment options, including the option to repay with a percentage of their after-graduation salary. Taxpayers will save at least $4.3 billion over five years</li>

</ol>

I mean, those are some things he did right. You can't bea good president by doing a few things right though; there are several other reasons. I think a great one is the fact that even during <s>the player hater scandal </s> Monika Leuinski scandal, he was able to reatain hsi presidential duties at the same time. Seems better than a few presidents, who cant chew gum and walk at the same time.

Also, I think a presidents behavior after he is out of the white house is just as important. Former president Clinton kicks much butt outside of the white house.

There are a lot of factors in a good president, but this post is getting too serious for Gen Chat :D

Bipper

edczxcvbnm
09-20-2005, 02:03 AM
I would like to point out that while Lincoln was a Republican back then, he would probably not be one today. I say this because back then the party roles were almost exactly reversed.

Dixie
09-20-2005, 02:06 AM
I would like to point out that while Lincoln was a Republican back then, he would probably not be one today. I say this because back then the party roles were almost exactly reversed.You bring up a good point.^_^ I'm studying the executive branch in goverment and my teacher did say lots about this...

Why do republicans hate Clinton? Because they just do. It's like..."Why do dogs hate cats?" They just do.

(I had no say in this.:p)

Rengori
09-20-2005, 02:13 AM
<table border="4"><tr>
<td style="background-image:url(http://bart.gamingw.net/junk/dance/Elaine_Dancing.gif)">I think everyone who thinks a president did a crap job for one mistake should try being president themselves see how good they do, or else they should DANCE!!!

</td>
</tr>
<tr>
</tr>
</table>

Del Murder
09-20-2005, 02:26 AM
I don't know or care whether or not anybody in this world is a republican. Hell, I might even be one for all I know.

Sasquatch
09-20-2005, 02:26 AM
<ol>
<li>
Under President Clinton's leadership, almost 6 million new jobs were created in the first two years of his Administration -- an average of 250,000 new jobs every month.
</li>

That happened to be while Clinton was president. That doesn't mean he was responsible for it. Much of his "success" should be credited to Reagan and Bush Sr. -- I mean hell, there was a recession at the end of his term, even before Bush got into office, that's often blamed on Bush. Economic policies usually take years to take effect and boost/deplete the economy. Anybody who was elected in '92 would have been there for that, that doesn't mean they made it happen. As I have said before, Bush inherited a recession from Clinton -- no matter how bad people think Bush is, it wouldn't be possible for him to create a recession before he even got into office, or even for a couple years afterwards.

<li>
In 1994, the economy had the lowest combination of unemployment and inflation in 25 years.
</li>

Again, shouldn't be credited to him, not to mention the Dot-Com Boom had a whole lot to do with job creation. And we all know Clinton didn't invent the internet, right? That was Gore ;) .

<li> * President Clinton signed into law the largest deficit reduction plan in history, resulting in over $600 billion in deficit reduction. The deficit is going down for 3 years in a row for the first time since Harry Truman was president.
</li>

Translation: He passed the biggest tax increase in history. Instead of cutting spending, he just passed into law the largest tax increase in history. That's good?

Not that he didn't cut spending...well, not really. He diverted quite a bit of it. Diverted it, like from the military to various vote-buying schemes.

<li>Under the President's Direct Student Loan program, students can borrow money directly from the government at a lower interest rate and with many flexible repayment options, including the option to repay with a percentage of their after-graduation salary. Taxpayers will save at least $4.3 billion over five years</li></ol>

Alright, there's one. But how does it save taxpayers money?

I think a great one is the fact that even during <s>the player hater scandal </s> Monika Leuinski scandal, he was able to reatain hsi presidential duties at the same time.

Like what? What did he do during the Lewinski scandal, other than a few military operations to draw attention away from it?

Also, I think a presidents behavior after he is out of the white house is just as important. Former president Clinton kicks much butt outside of the white house.

I definitely agree with you there. Though Carter was a terrible president, completely worthless, he's helped millions of people through the Habitat for Humanity program. I don't agree with some of the things he does now (like trying to negotiate, like Jesse Jackson -- you're not a diplomat, schmuck, go back home), there's no telling how many people he's helped.

There are a lot of factors in a good president, but this post is getting too serious for Gen Chat :D

Where else are we supposed to go? Half of us are banned from EOTW :D.

Del Murder
09-20-2005, 02:28 AM
Yeah, there's a reason for that. :)

Raistlin
09-20-2005, 02:50 AM
Ew.

Clinton was an okay President. He wasn't too bad as Democrats go. He also had a decent anti-terrorism plan, though his international relations lost all credibility after Rwanda. I do agree that the Lewinski scandal was stupid, though he should've been convicted (even though we had no right to ask him such questions under oath in the first place).

Lincoln was pretty good, too. He definitely had his own agenda, though, along with the Republicans (as they were called then) in Congress, as they passed the 16th amendment (allowing income tax) right after the war, before the Democrats were strong enough to fight it.

Me, I liked Thomas Jefferson. :)

Oh, and as to the original post: Republicans hate Democrats because Democrats hate Republicans because Republicans hate Democrats...it's an endless cycle of stupidity.

fire_of_avalon
09-20-2005, 03:11 AM
Hey.

Threads like these belong in Eyes on the World. This thread has been closed in GC, but not moved to EotW because of the amount of spam in it. If you are currently unable to make posts in EotW because of a ban, that's tough cookies, but don't make political or world events threads in general chat. We have them separated for a reason. Mostly to prohibit staff from doing this.

http://users.rcn.com/ark/gallery/dole.jpg