PDA

View Full Version : I've made it to the beginning of my journey.

Yeargdribble
09-20-2005, 12:18 AM
Well on July 10th of 2004 a new taru was born into Vana'diel. It has been quite sometime and now that taru has reach 75 as a BRD. I've learned so much along the way and most of all I've learned that this is only the beginning of what is left to come. I've since made some pretty extreme goals for myself.

--=Job=--
-All jobs to 10 and subsequently to 20.
-All mage jobs in addition to THF and NIN to 40.
-All mages to 50
-All AF for all mages
-All mages to 60

We'll see what tickles my fancy once I've done all of that. I'll most likely end up taking SMN to 75.

--=Crafting=--
Also I'm about to get seriously into my crafting again. One day I want Clothcraft of 100. I've started taking advantage of my 60 woodworking and can make some money to fund other crafts for a while. In addition to working on CC to 100 I'd like to get the rest of my crafts to 60 which will probably happen slowly in the process of leveling Cloth as a result of needing extra subcrafts.

--=Equipment=--
How do I even begin with this? I'd like to get a full set of god gear (Haidate and Osode first) and also a full set of Zenith. Eventually I'd like to get my Sha'ir Manteel one way or the other. After leveling Cloth up I might start trying to make some of my Sha'ir set into Sheik.

I need to buy a Warlock's Mantle and get my LS to do a Rostrum's Pump run for me. There are a ton more gears I'd like to have especially for soloing but I could go on forever.

--=Other=--
I plan to undertake a lot more quest. I have hero fame in most nations but a lot of that was from repeated quests. I'd like to get a lot of the crappy individual quests out of the way as they are usually pre-requistes for quests that come in updates and expansions.

When I can finally deal with the loss of all of my outpost teleports me and my wife will start working on another nation's Rank. We can easily get through Rank 6 in any nation but it's often hard to get the remaining missions in one fell swoop which is what we would like to do. Finish quickly and come back to our home of San d'Oria

Pretty close to finishing Zilart Missions. I could do the Arch Angels separately but I'd like to actually win Divine Might and get my earring. My wife is on the last ZM and I hope to join her soon and finish it. Also both of us really need to get crackin' on PMs. I've held back because she has yet to get Promy-Mea but as soon as she does we'll be off to the races. I may have to level jobs out the order I'd like to have more flexibility as far as what jobs people want for PMs.

Anyway... here I am.. 75 BRD just starting my journey.

Luc
09-20-2005, 02:10 AM
Cool. ^^ You're Taru looks like me, except darker hair, so I like you already. ;D

Anyway, I have some goals similar to yours.
Jobs

Black Mage to 75
Take Summoner up to at least 50.
Red Mage to 75
I haven't tried Bard, but it seems really fun, so I wanna try it out soon. Depending on how much I like it, I'll probably take it to 50 or higher.

I'm a mage-type guy, so I wanna level all, or most of the mage jobs there are. If they ever release Blue Mage, I'll probably level that too, but not too high.

Crafting

I started Cooking not too long ago, and I'm a level 21 cook as of now. I wanna reach 100 soon. I'm probably gonna level another craft like Leathercraft or Clothcraft on a mule or something when I'm 75, but that won't be anytime soon. :P

Equipment

As for equipment, all I really want is all the Elemental Staves. Of course, I want the HQ staves as well, but for now, the NQ Staves will do. I have Dark, Ice, Wind, and Thunder right now, and I'm saving up for the rest. I want some Wisdom Rings, and a Morion Tathlum, but I can't really afford those. ;x

Right now, I'm just trying tp get the elemental staves, but once I get those I want to work on getting the avatars for Summoner. I'm planning on doing the mini-avatar battles which are solo, so it's gonna take some time and practice. :O

Miriel
09-20-2005, 02:55 AM
My god. You took BRD to 75 in just 2 months? Please let that be a typo cause otherwise I'd feel horribly inept.

Yeargdribble
09-20-2005, 03:37 AM
lol It was indeed a typo. Thanks for catching that ^^ However, if I'd not been play with my wife and taking my time about it maybe it could've been possible... BRD gets stupid fast invites. I watched many BRD friends pass me long ago... they would always ask for advice when they were lower than me... then in 1 month they would be 75 and quit the job. Not very many people really enjoy BRD and there are very few at 75 that make it their main as a career BRD. I can count the level 75 NA career BRDs on my server on 1 hand. Most of the others are crappy BRDs that leveled it as a second job for their sky shell and suck horribly at it.

As for soloing the mini-primes I would almost say don't. You say that things like Elemental staves and Morion Tathlum are expensive for you... (FYI I sometimes farm as many as 6 Morion Tathlums in 1 sitting) so the solo fights are going to be frightfully expensive and horrible frustrating for you. Me and my wife like to adopt-a-newb ocassionally and every time we get one that wants to become a SMN straight away... they quit very quickly after losing the minis over and over and spending forever farming the gil for yag drinks and ethers and such.

If you were on my server I'd have you come along and leech the avatars. My wife and a friend trio all of the avatars frequently and my wife does Fenrir about 2 times per week. I suggest leveling your BLM up and then you can easily get a spot in a PT going to do primes.

lordblazer
09-20-2005, 06:59 AM
lol I had to halt lvling my BRD so I can lvl my WHM sub. It sucks........Once I get WHM sub back in shape. Its time for me to get my bard to lvl 75. :D

Lionx
09-20-2005, 07:51 AM
Jobs:

Really just to have fun, however i like WHM, NIN, RNG, WAR, and maybe some other tough jobs to high lvls.

Craft:

Cloth to 100+ everything possible, then 60 every other craft with 100 fishing exception. However thats not a main concern yet..silk is slowing me down alot.

Equip: Whatever thats not gimp rofl

Yeargdribble
09-20-2005, 05:04 PM
Equip: Whatever thats not gimp rofl

I've gotten so weird about equipment especially for low jobs. Back when I started I was such a gimp... I leveled my WHM to 36 in level 11 doublet. In retrospect I think I picked up on the skill of it quickly but not what I actually need to be wearing... and I was so focused on unlocking BRD.

These days I will not be seen in public on a low job without HQ gear. I have the most elite gear possible for the rest of my jobs. Mostly because I can and especially because when I'm leveling as a taru tank or melee job I need the help. At the same time... I hate it when people just other players for not having omfgtehuberleet gear. People forget that lower level people don't always have access to the huge money makers that they do. If they could come back from a KS30 one night with 10 million gil maybe they would pimp out a little more. More credit needs to be given to players with skill that enjoy the game. Those are the best players by far.

Haha... I'm such a BRD when it comes to other jobs... not that it's a bad thing necessarily. I have a ton of /equip macros even for my non-mage jobs.

Example:
As a THF I have Beetle Earrings +1... however.. when I'm pulling and potentially taking the most hits I don't want to wear evasion -4. So my pull macro puts in some other earrings while I pull to dodge the evasion loss until I get back to camp and someone vokes it off of me. Then I put on the atk+6.

Example 2:
When duo tanking in the dunes as WAR with my wife's NIN I try to let her keep hate so I have an assortment of great gears on but for quick and sure hate grabbing I macro in a lot of enmity gear for my vokes (Cache-Nez, Dash Sash) but don't keep them on because I don't want more hate than here in the long haul.

Also with WAR I will put on Stamina Rings +1 and some other gear after a voke for the extra VIT but as soon as the hate is off of me I put back on my Courage Rings +1 for extra STR.

You can only imagine the lengths I go to with RDM for MND enfeelbes and INT enfeebles in addition to having a ton of extra MP gear in the even that I'm main healing.

However thats not a main concern yet..silk is slowing me down alot.

Haha... I stopped last night at 10 because Sandy isn't in first place so I can't by Flax Flowers from the airship docks. I'm so cheap as a crafter. But I suppose slow and steady is much better. I know people that NPC even the synths that are a big profit just because they don't wanna waste the time waiting for it to sell (That's one of the reasons I have 12 mules... the equipment is another one >.>) When I hit the silk road I'll probably take it extremely slowly and farm a large portion of my materials.

I always wonder about people that can afford to NPC everything they make... They must've found a better place to farm than me *cough*IGE*cough* ^^

strawberryman
09-21-2005, 04:44 AM
Wow, you really inspire me to take up BRD. :D

Jobs: BLM to 75, at least... for now... :shifty:

Crafts: Woodworking and Clothcraft to at least 60. I currently have woodworking at 29, and clothcraft at 3. xD get bonecraft to 100 on one of my mules so I can make an Igquira weskit. (set)

Equipment: Igquira and Ebony sickle for farming. =p (when I get to 73+ BLM >.>) Then sorcerers gear, and, if I dare, Claustrum.

Other: get to rank ten in windy so I can get a Aketon. Cause they're sexy. xD