PDA

View Full Version : The Rasmus

Lone Wolf Leonhart
09-20-2005, 12:29 AM
Here you can talk about Finland's hottest rock band.

Slade
09-20-2005, 07:45 AM
Ive only heard one song by them. Ive got it on one of my rock compilation CDs. Its pretty cool. My friend has the CD so i might borrow it and see what its like.

ZuZu
09-20-2005, 07:56 AM
Here you can talk about Finland's hottest rock band.
The Rasmus isn't the only one and I prefer Poets of the Fall ;)

Jack
09-20-2005, 09:01 AM
I don't like them all and I'd find it hard to associate them with "ROCK" since they are basically and gothed-up pop group with guitars. A bit like Girls Aloud on "Sound Of The Underground".
Plus, their lyrics are banal and limited. I don't think I should like a band because the lead singer is "fit", bands should be judged on how good they are.

EXAMPLE:
Sonic Youth

Lone Wolf Leonhart
09-20-2005, 09:23 PM
Well, they arent goth, and, maybe the lyrics arent top notch, but they came from the lead singers life stories, or thoughts. So, I find meaning in them.

Jebus
09-20-2005, 09:26 PM
I like him. I thought "In Praise of Folly" was great.

Rye
09-20-2005, 09:28 PM
I prefer Nightwish (and their OLD stuff, not their Nemo like stuff, that isn't very good) and I don't consider The Rasmus very rock, more pop-rock, but they're still enjoyable. Not a huge fan though, I just listen to them occasionally. :)

Their lyrics aren't great, but come on, English isn't their native tongue. Their lyrics are better than a lot of lyrics in most music nowadays, which is pretty sad, but true. But eh. xD

Traitorfish
09-20-2005, 09:33 PM
I don't like the Rasmus. They're pop-goth, in the same way that Greenday are pop-punk. If you want Finnish bands, I say go for HIM or Nightwish or something. I'm not a huge fan of either, but they're pretty good.
EDIT: Really, if English isn't their native tounge, they should try using their native tounge, like Rammstein do. Rammstein are popular world-wide, but still mostly use German, because that's their language.

Brian The Pink Shark
09-20-2005, 09:35 PM
ALL HEAR MY WARNING, THE EMO CRAZE WILL DIE WITHIN 3 MONTHS, COME BACK TO THIS SIDE BEFORE IT'S TOO LATE, YOU KNOW IM RIGHT :choc:

Twisted Tinkerbell
09-20-2005, 10:05 PM
While I partially agree with Jack, bands should be judged on talent as a musician, you can't see how hot a guy or girl is when listening to their music. But I don't think that they're that bad, not my fav, but they're okay.

Jebus
09-20-2005, 10:57 PM
Aw. What's the fun in making fun of similar names and pointing out most people's lack of knowledge of medieval literature if nobody notices or comments on it. ;_;

Brian The Pink Shark
09-21-2005, 04:43 PM
Aw. What's the fun in making fun of similar names and pointing out most people's lack of knowledge of medieval literature if nobody notices or comments on it. ;_;

i only knew cos you told me in chat :choc:

Traitorfish
09-21-2005, 09:52 PM
I'll explain it in complex, unintellegible 1337:
Rasmus is teh suxx0rz!
SoaD is teh r0xx0rz!
1337 is gr3a7!

Jebus
09-21-2005, 11:07 PM
Desiderius Erasmus ftw!