PDA

View Full Version : Finnally, general guild wars thread revived.

Pages : [1] 2

Markus. D
09-20-2005, 03:14 AM
I get this game tomorow, im devoting my spare day (today) to learning as mutch as i can about the missions and whole battle system, and hyping myself up for it ovcourse.

adding on: any good suggestions of what would combine good with a ranger class?

escobert
09-20-2005, 06:03 AM
I dunno I have a N/W and I love him <3 I wish they had rouges though. :(

Necronopticous
09-20-2005, 06:05 AM
I got bored. ;[

Shlup
09-20-2005, 07:00 AM
I dunno... I don't like rangers as a primary. Then again, I don't like anything but necromancer as a primary. Yay for necros! :love:

Markus. D
09-20-2005, 07:13 AM
:).

ive been looking through the guilds.

im thinking of joining tofu drugs beer... or something with a cool name.

Shlup
09-20-2005, 07:20 AM
Eh, I ended up in the guild I'm in 'cause I was talking to the leader while looking for something to do and he asked if I wanted to join. It's a good guild too.

This is the most helpful GW site I have bookmarked: http://www.zerolives.org/guildwars/index.php/Main_Page

Skyblade
09-20-2005, 07:21 AM
Level 20 W/Mo. Ascended, Infused Armor, working on South Shiverpeaks quests.

Or Level 15 E/Me, working through Kryta.

Markus. D
09-20-2005, 08:45 AM
my friend kass and i are gonna both play together, shes going to be necromaner/mesmer.

and im gonna be ellementist/monk cuz shes been studying the necros up and downs... shes gonna find it hard getting into a party.

gokufusionss1
09-20-2005, 09:02 AM
well it seems kinda limited to me, not enough armour weapon or monster choices.

Shlup
09-20-2005, 09:10 AM
I'm a necro/mesmer and I have no trouble getting into parties. Hell, I get snatched right up. I don't do much PvP/GvG but for quests/missions I'm great.

Markus. D
09-20-2005, 09:30 AM
I'm a necro/mesmer and I have no trouble getting into parties. Hell, I get snatched right up. I don't do much PvP/GvG but for quests/missions I'm great.

i thought the necros got a thing where they distribute disease or something... guess not.

Shlup
09-20-2005, 10:05 AM
Every class has something like 150 skills, but you can only use 8 at a time. I don't use any disease skills.

Markus. D
09-20-2005, 10:30 AM
oh yeah, those 8 skills are like your sorta combos if you set them up right?

Shlup
09-20-2005, 10:41 AM
Well you can't do really combo spells, but you can do a certain combination on your own that's effective if you do it right.

Markus. D
09-20-2005, 10:50 AM
this games gonna be awesome.

even though ill be playing on dial up :(

Casey
09-20-2005, 03:51 PM
15 Mo/Me, monks kick butt. Just cast Balthazar's spirit on yourself, then Zealot's fire, Balthazar's Aura, Symbol of Wrath, and heal your self and you'd be doing over 600+ damage to a group of monsters in under 15 seconds. Works good against undead, I tried this at gates of kryta on solo mission and leveled three times.

Markus. D
09-20-2005, 11:24 PM
*searches for anti-monk spells*

I GETS IT TODAY!!!!

Captain Maxx Power
09-20-2005, 11:49 PM
I'm biased, so I'll say go join The Amazon Basin (http://www.theamazonbasin.com/gw/), but that's just me.

Markus. D
09-21-2005, 09:48 AM
wow, might i say this game is awesome, just the game ive been looking for.

in the end i chose to be mesmer/warrior.

ive been partying with this kind player called Buffy the Massuer.

we are both mesmer, so we both own the meeliests and spell casters, but we die quick if we dont play smartly, thats what i like about this game aswell.

Shlup
09-21-2005, 10:20 AM
Yeah, that's one of the big things about Guild Wars - every class combination is pretty solidly equal, it's all in how you play them.

Lindy
09-21-2005, 12:16 PM
The community is horrible.

If it was a few months ago, I'd say you'd have great fun, but now a wonderful game has been ruined by a childish and stupid community.

Nobody PLAYS the game any more, instead they pay people in-game money to "run" them to places so that they don't actually have to play it.

So, what's the point of PLAYING a game, if you're not actually going to PLAY it?

I just gave up when someone insulted me and called me an idiot for wanting to find a party to fight my way to the missions in the desert on my Monk.

"lolz nobody lieks teh dessert u n00b"

I quit it, got WoW, and the community is a million times better.

Markus. D
09-21-2005, 12:24 PM
thatll all end when your pked by a bullion elf rouge thingomos.

Shlup
09-21-2005, 12:37 PM
I've never had a problem with people not wanting to party with me or insulting me for wanting to party. People running to places doesn't bother me; it's their loss. For one of the ascension missions some level fourteen tried to join my party with his "I know this game like the back of my hand" attitude so I told him I want to actually play the game and he went away.

Then again, I always play with BJ so I always have at least one person to play with, and the guild we found is all about actually playing the game too. So I don't really have a bad community experience. The lack of auction house is terribly annoying though.

Lindy
09-21-2005, 01:26 PM
I could never find a guild that didn't annoy me so much I had to turn the guild chat off, so that certainly didn't help.

Went through about five of the buggers.

And I always had a friend to play with as well, just we both got so sick of it we gave up.

Ugh, and while the class combo thing is nice, it just leads to some infinitely stupid people thinking they have great ideas.

A W/E, who thought it was great to run into the middle of a group of enemies and use Meteor Storm, claiming "omgz i bunch dem up and then they die!", yeah, 'cause using all your energy in one spell that takes incredibly long to cast and then having exhaustion afterwards is FANTASTIC when you could have used Inferno and Phoenix in the time it took to use Meteor Storm.

It's a fantastic game, wonderful idea, and it IS good fun, just I could never have fun with it because I could either never find a party, or found a parties that were just hopelessly incompetent and got everyone killed repeatedly.

Did I mention that before I quit I was playing a monk? Full support monk too, the one class that everyone used to always want.

Skyblade
09-21-2005, 02:34 PM
Unfortunately, you are correct, this game is mostly populated by idiots and jack@$$es. Have you tried playing with henchmen? They work together a lot better than most pickup teams.

But the best teams I've found are gathering friends who you already know to play with. Friend people on the forum, and try playing with them. I think you'll get better results.

Lindy
09-21-2005, 03:29 PM
See, now that point is ALWAYS made whenever I say I don't want to play the game because the community is bad.

What is the point of playing an ONLINE game with AI-controlled NPC characters?

I might as well go play Neverwinter Nights or Dungeon Siege, or another single player game if I'm just going to play it on my own.

Oh and as a rough estimate of how the game went for me, since release, after having played with several hundred people, over that whole time I met about 10~15 that I enjoyed playing with and would have played with again, and out of those 10~15, I only ever spoke to three of them again, and only ever partied with two of them.

Yet, within a week of playing WoW, I've already met three people who I play with fairly frequently and have a good laugh with, and we're already good friends.

I suppose the community varies from realm to realm, but that's my experience.

I'm not trying to say that WoW > GW, just that for me personally, I prefer it a lot more because the community feels so much nicer.

EDIT : This feels so weird, back when I started GW, I was totally against WoW, now I'm enjoying it a lot. Crazy.

Dignified Pauper
09-21-2005, 03:44 PM
i vote we all start brand new characters on the same server and then create our own guild! the EoFF Guild!!!!

No, seriously.

Lindy
09-21-2005, 03:46 PM
...There are only three servers, based on region.

And all your characters reside in the same guild, so you can't have multiple characters in different guilds.

Unless they changed it recently.

Markus. D
09-21-2005, 03:59 PM
yes, lets make an eoFF guild with new (i stress new) characters in the european district (english).

itll be fun.

ill be like... a something...*tries to think up something not involving a mesmer*

this will be a toughie, ill come back to you.

Skyblade
09-21-2005, 06:04 PM
What is the point of playing an ONLINE game with AI-controlled NPC characters?

Because it's a nice solo RPG? I'm actually upset that you can't go through the entire game with henchies. Solo play is so much better than trying to find a team with a brain.

Tidus Andronicus
09-21-2005, 06:49 PM
I love Guild Wars... And I'd play it more... if I didn't get hung up on Maple Story... I'm adicted to MS now... so until I get real bored of that...lol

Eventually I'll get back to Guild Wars. ^_^;

Lindy
09-21-2005, 07:14 PM
Because it's a nice solo RPG? I'm actually upset that you can't go through the entire game with henchies. Solo play is so much better than trying to find a team with a brain.
It's not a nice solo RPG, there are so many more out there that are a lot better.

And you CAN play the entire game with henchies, every mission is possible, just that I have no desire to do so, and I find it rather sad that you'd prefer to play an online game with silent, computer-controlled NPCs than with real people.

I chose to just not play it at all rather than do that.

Shoeberto
09-21-2005, 08:10 PM
The people are also what turned me away from it. I don't like getting in parties with douches two levels lower than me insisting that we run through the mission and not fight. I laughed when he was the only one to die, and then I, being the monk, didn't have a res.

Playing with friends is great, though.

Skyblade
09-21-2005, 08:28 PM
It's not a nice solo RPG, there are so many more out there that are a lot better.

And you CAN play the entire game with henchies, every mission is possible, just that I have no desire to do so, and I find it rather sad that you'd prefer to play an online game with silent, computer-controlled NPCs than with real people.

I chose to just not play it at all rather than do that.

Every mission, yes. Every bonus, no. There are some bonuses which cannot be done without other players. Aurora Glade, Dragon's Lair, and Dunes of Despair, to name a couple.

Lindy
09-21-2005, 08:39 PM
People have beaten the Demagogue with Henchmen, huge quantities of people have beaten Glint with purely Henchmen, and I know a few people who've beaten the Generals in Dunes with Henchmen, the latter being easier than you would expect because of the large window of time you have at the end where the enemies aren't attacking.

Come now kiddo, I may not like the game any more, but I certainly know a lot about it.

Skyblade
09-21-2005, 09:30 PM
People have beaten the Demagogue with Henchmen, huge quantities of people have beaten Glint with purely Henchmen, and I know a few people who've beaten the Generals in Dunes with Henchmen, the latter being easier than you would expect because of the large window of time you have at the end where the enemies aren't attacking.

Come now kiddo, I may not like the game any more, but I certainly know a lot about it.

Really? I haven't found anyone who has done any of those, but I'll take your word for it.

Any advice on beating Glint with just henchies? And when does the "large window" you speak of start?

Markus. D
09-22-2005, 08:37 AM
Im nearly at the point of leaving it....... tuturial place ovcourse (hahaha, id neve rleave guilwars at this point).

just need one more lvl so i can be lvl 8, i think thats a nice all around lvl to leave.

escobert
09-22-2005, 04:26 PM
Hey if anyone wants to play my in game name is Nasir Olou Escobar

Lindy
09-23-2005, 12:54 AM
Really? I haven't found anyone who has done any of those, but I'll take your word for it.

Any advice on beating Glint with just henchies? And when does the "large window" you speak of start?
For Aurora Glade, you just need to kill all the White Mantle bar a few, and then slaughter the Demagogue, he's just a low level Knight so it's easy. If you focus on the runners as they come and then take out the Mantle bit by bit, it shouldn't be a worry.

For Glint, you yourself have to play a class or sub that can interrupt her all her attacks, especially her Crystal Hibernation and Crystal Bonds; I personally think Rangers do it best with Distracting or Savage Shot. Once you do that, the Henchmen can easily deal out enough damage.

For Dunes of Despair, the last wave of enemies comes around 4 or 5 minutes I think, and then there's nothing. As long as you're careful about aggroing the almost infinite range sand worms, you can just leave the Hero alone and go out to slaughter the generals.

Shlup
09-23-2005, 05:13 AM
Im nearly at the point of leaving it....... tuturial place ovcourse (hahaha, id neve rleave guilwars at this point).

just need one more lvl so i can be lvl 8, i think thats a nice all around lvl to leave.
Yeah, I usually get my characters out of there at seven or eight.

Markus. D
09-23-2005, 05:44 PM
guild wars is consuming my social life (very rare that a game does that to me).

im still OH MY GODing at the graphics.

and im having to think up all of these combonations so i dont lose my mana, its really fun.

oh and what a twist in the story.

so far only 2 downs.

1 person was being a total n00b speking in idiot talk (ie. OMG GVE M3 MNYZ, IM C00L3R T3N YOUZ AR3)

and another screamed out hey will someone help me find (i aint ruining it).

but other then that, nice community.

what are all your faveorite dances.
i seen the female and male necromancers, they have good dances.

funny wise i'd say male warrior with his "hip thrusting" dance.

escobert
09-25-2005, 05:35 PM
Damn I spent like 3 hours the other night trying to find a damn monk in the Wilds xD we need more monks :p

Dreddz
09-26-2005, 11:22 AM
Needs more rangers, there the best....

An eoff guild would kick @$$

Shlup
09-26-2005, 11:41 AM
The male and female warriors together do the Pulp Fiction dance. It amuses me.

Markus. D
09-26-2005, 11:43 AM
rangers are hard to use... im not likeing them, though it is cool having a pet Moa-Bird (ie. chocobo rip-off), its just pleh...

Markus. D
10-02-2005, 08:41 AM
Update (Bump): Guess what, i have my own guild. yay for me :)

Skyblade
10-02-2005, 08:53 AM
Update (Bump): Guess what, i have my own guild. yay for me :)

You too? Having your own guild is nice. You get to make your own cape, and you don't have to worry if some of your guildies are idiots.

I'm still stuck on Dunes of Despair and Dragon's Lair bonuses. I'm up to the Iron Mines of Moladune mission-wise.

As a side note, did you know that you can imbue your armor in Mineral Springs instead of in Iron Mines of Moladune? Also, what is the big blue swirly thing near the Seer in Mineral Springs for?

gokufusionss1
10-02-2005, 11:36 AM
no one ever wants w/e in their party it takes ages for me to get a group together.

escobert
10-03-2005, 04:08 AM
I have no trouble finding partys with my N/W :D

Tidus Andronicus
10-03-2005, 04:25 AM
meh, I haven't found a quest I couldn't do with just Henchmen... lol sometimes its a little hard, but nothing I couldn't do with some time.

Did a party once... and half way through, everyone else gave up and left... so I spent 4 hours completeing the quest on my own, without a party at all!... just kept picking off enemies one by one, even if I died a few times... lol

Deaths_Hand
10-03-2005, 06:12 AM
i have a 8 W/E i dont play much cause the game is boring

Markus. D
10-03-2005, 08:01 AM
Im up to bergan hot springs (in Kryta), might i say: Kryta is very beautifful.

even though early in the morning (yes around 2:00 am, this games consuming my life).

my Mo/W13 has been getting underestimated a few times lately.

oh, sorry monk, your way to low level (i had to remind him the level caps at 20).

i eventually got into the party and hes like all: dont slow us down n00b (i was nearly angered).

everyone was telling him that i was the only thing keeping the party alive, and he was complaining i wasnt healing him enough.

after we brilliantly finished the Gates of Kryta Mission (love those undead mesmers), he kicks me from the party.

so... he goes and does the next mission (im guessing), i get a whisper saying: Hey, get back in our party, we keep on dieing.

i ignored him and done other things.

sucks for him...

escobert
10-03-2005, 04:14 PM
Yeah but hey if yu wanna play some time I'm up just PM me of msg me online :D

Markus. D
10-05-2005, 04:33 AM
wow, anyone any good at PvP, i like PvP.

people seem to always mistake my sephis axe for a rod, making them think im a spell caster.

then they get caught off guard when i frenzy them to death.

escobert
10-05-2005, 04:50 AM
I have yet to play PvP but, I want to. My guilds not big into it.

Markus. D
10-05-2005, 07:21 AM
you dont need a guild to PvP.

i think there are 3 random team PvP arenas.

one in old ascalon, one in yaks bend and another somewhere in the Kryta region.

i wann do GvG, but i dont have the current funds to just buy a hall :(

there are other pvp arenas and stuff... i dont remember where they are though.

Shlup
10-05-2005, 07:36 AM
I'm not good at PvP. I'm working on it though.

Skyblade
10-05-2005, 08:33 AM
you dont need a guild to PvP.

i think there are 3 random team PvP arenas.

one in old ascalon, one in yaks bend and another somewhere in the Kryta region.

i wann do GvG, but i dont have the current funds to just buy a hall :(

there are other pvp arenas and stuff... i dont remember where they are though.

Random Team arenas:
Ascalon City (lvs 1-10)
Yak's Bend (lvs 1-15)
Lion's Arch

Preset Team arena:
Droknar's Forge

GvG arena:
Dragon's Lair

The arenas at Lion's Arch, Droknar's Forge, and Dragon's Lair are the ones availible to all PvP characters.

Lindy
10-05-2005, 01:36 PM
wow, anyone any good at PvP, i like PvP.

people seem to always mistake my sephis axe for a rod, making them think im a spell caster.

then they get caught off guard when i frenzy them to death.
Yeah, you're not gonna work well with that later on.

Monk's weak armour + double damage = teh lose

Markus. D
10-06-2005, 01:04 AM
my monk suits pvp perfectly.

i only use frenzy at the right time (duh!).
monks get good armour if you rune it correctly.
im a healer anyway, so i only need the axe if someone tries and attacks me :( i want adsl/cable

Rostum
10-06-2005, 05:26 AM
Hey I've bought this game, just waiting for it to reach my house. Someone PM me and get me introduced into the game, with a guild. I'd really appreciate it. =) Don't like to play by myself. ; ;

Also, how do the professions work? I thought about being a Ranger / Warrior but I'm not sure. Necromancer looks pretty fun.

escobert
10-06-2005, 12:25 PM
I love my N/W. I just made a R/E which is a distance powerhouse :D I'm going t be switching over to the Euro deistrict tonight so I can play with you guys more :D

escobert
10-06-2005, 12:36 PM
Ok left my guild. Tsukasa if you would be so kind as to send me a invite I'll join the guild :D

gokufusionss1
10-06-2005, 01:38 PM
there's an EOFF guild now?

Rostum
10-06-2005, 10:52 PM
Okay I decided to make a Ranger, even though I'm upset that I don't have the Monk dance. xD; My name is Eversia Natura and I will make her up later in the day, so look out for her. ^^

Markus. D
10-07-2005, 03:21 AM
YAYAYAYAYAY!

im still saving up 60k :\ for a guild hall.

dont forget, im ussually: True Brawler Monk (searing) and Ruug Stormbringer (pre-searing)

give one of them a whisper if you want to be a member... like right now while i play it.

please try to stay in the guild for awhile, one person left without a word.
till i found him in the pvp arena (bum bum buuuuum)

Rostum
10-07-2005, 06:01 AM
What does searing mean? And what one should I add to my friends list tsukasa? =) My name is Eversia Natura.

Shlup
10-07-2005, 06:13 AM
I don't remember if it explains it before the searing actually happens... Basically you start in Ascelon where it's all green and pretty and there's a problem with increasing numbers of Charr showing up around. This is the "newbie" area where you learn to play and level up.

Then when you feel ready (I usually complete all of the quests and leave at about level 8; if you have trouble with any quests ask here and I can probably tell you what to do) you go to the training hall in Ascelon where you do a PvP battle, then go through the "searing" which is Ascelon with the land all brown and destroyed. Once your character goes through the searing they can't go back, so all of us who have gone through the searing already would have to make new characters to play with you, or wait until you go through the searing for you to play with us.

EDIT: tsukasa, I don't know your character name so I don't know if you're in the game or not, but even though I like the guild I'm currently in I'll donate 10k for your guild hall. I'd donate more but I just bought max armor. xD

Markus. D
10-07-2005, 10:13 AM
What does searing mean? And what one should I add to my friends list tsukasa? =) My name is Eversia Natura.

oh good you made your character :)

i tried inviting you earlier but it said (your name) ddnt exist.
ill invite you now.

I don't remember if it explains it before the searing actually happens... Basically you start in Ascelon where it's all green and pretty and there's a problem with increasing numbers of Charr showing up around. This is the "newbie" area where you learn to play and level up.

Then when you feel ready (I usually complete all of the quests and leave at about level 8; if you have trouble with any quests ask here and I can probably tell you what to do) you go to the training hall in Ascelon where you do a PvP battle, then go through the "searing" which is Ascelon with the land all brown and destroyed. Once your character goes through the searing they can't go back, so all of us who have gone through the searing already would have to make new characters to play with you, or wait until you go through the searing for you to play with us.

EDIT: tsukasa, I don't know your character name so I don't know if you're in the game or not, but even though I like the guild I'm currently in I'll donate 10k for your guild hall. I'd donate more but I just bought max armor. xD

wow.... your awesome for doing that :O

im playing as: True Brawler Monk. at the moment. just whisper me :):):):):)

wow.... your so awesome.

Shlup
10-07-2005, 11:03 AM
Once you get further in the game 10k isn't... a ton, I guess. My fiance has gotten up to 60k on his own, though he also spends it like mad when he feels the need to upgrade his equipment. :p

Rostum
10-07-2005, 09:58 PM
Nice thanks for inviting me into the guild, is there any way to de-equipt the cape or dye it a different colour? Kind of sticks out like a sore thumb. =P

Shlup
10-07-2005, 10:39 PM
Nope. You're stuck with the cape as-is. The guild leader can change it (I think it costs gold) but other than that it's on your back. You'll get used to it.

Markus. D
10-08-2005, 01:59 PM
... you ddnt have to leave the guild... your the second one to do that.

sending out an invite does cost whats almost impossible to get at the point of where i am.

if you want a re-invite make sure you dont leave... it costs the time i put into getting that money.

Rostum
10-08-2005, 11:08 PM
Well I'm sorry, I can easily give you back 100g. It hasn't been hard at all for me to get any gold - I have around 900 now at level 6.

I had this guy help me with getting some new gear and talking to me about ranger combinations. Then he asked if I wanted to join his guild - so I did, and they are extremely friendly and helpfull.

escobert
10-09-2005, 08:23 PM
Yeah the last guild I was in was great until the leader had to start working a /xxx.gif/xxx.gif/xxx.gif/xxx.gif load. So I left and joined the much smaller EoFF guild, It is h9owever nice having people you can get to know better then having 294826742 members.

Markus. D
10-10-2005, 03:17 AM
Well I'm sorry, I can easily give you back 100g. It hasn't been hard at all for me to get any gold - I have around 900 now at level 6.

I had this guy help me with getting some new gear and talking to me about ranger combinations. Then he asked if I wanted to join his guild - so I did, and they are extremely friendly and helpfull.

nevermind, im just being mean.
tis your game so tis your choice on what you do :)

i can get 2k in around 10 minutes of crazilly running around the desert killing things :)

edit: can i please add you to my buddy list just incase you need a healer?

escobert
10-10-2005, 03:32 AM
God the desert is pissin me off >:0

Rostum
10-10-2005, 04:08 AM
edit: can i please add you to my buddy list just incase you need a healer?

Sure I have your True Brawler Monk on my friendlist. Hook me up whenever. I play FFXI more though, but I still get on to GW's and play.

escobert
10-10-2005, 04:26 AM
Joined Amazon Basin guild today :D nice big Guild ranked 247 on ladder :D

escobert
10-10-2005, 07:59 PM
Omecle, picked you up a sword today. I'll give it to ya tonight or something :D

Rostum
10-11-2005, 01:13 AM
Nice, thanks Bert. =)

Markus. D
10-11-2005, 03:50 AM
Joined Amazon Basin guild today :D nice big Guild ranked 247 on ladder :D

ive definetly heard of them here and there. very proffesional guild.

ps: I'm so good at wasteing money, somehow i made 760 gold in 5 minutes and what do you know, i waste it on a silver dye, which i then mix with red to make crimson silver colour and dye my sephis axe.

escobert
10-11-2005, 04:39 AM
Nice, thanks Bert. =)
It's nice looking. It's a long sword but, the blade is like glass or crystal. Looks sharp :D

Shlup
10-12-2005, 05:43 AM
You're already to the desert? o.O Crazy.

Markus. D
10-12-2005, 06:20 AM
well... the desert and jungle are uberly pissing me off... i donno where to go... carletta the spider isnt much help either :(

edit: My air and water elementist seems to be doing wonders in the pvp arena..... you know what *goes to pvp arena in ascalon*

escobert
10-12-2005, 07:10 AM
You're already to the desert? o.O Crazy.
Not hard to get there :p when I really stared playing it took me maybe 3 days all in all I'd say from the start of the game a week total.

Deaths_Hand
10-13-2005, 05:45 AM
i deleted my level 8 Warrior/Elementalist however i started a warrior/monk and found myself finally liking the game. Now he's up to level 12. Im currently in my own guild, Draken Warriors.

Markus. D
10-13-2005, 04:59 PM
hahaha, i warn people not to join the EoFF guild.... its got 100 members and is 978th in ranking.

its purdy :)

wish it was true. :\

1.6k towards a guild hall.

escobert
10-14-2005, 02:14 AM
What about the 10k?

Markus. D
10-14-2005, 12:56 PM
shlup hasnt donated the 10k yet T_T

isnt the crystal desert beautifull... i like it better then Kryta.

i have 3.4k towards a guild hall.

Shlup
10-15-2005, 08:47 AM
Last time we were both on you were busy! I still have it. ^_^v

Since when does the EoFF guild have 100 members? o.O

Markus. D
10-15-2005, 03:54 PM
Last time we were both on you were busy! I still have it. ^_^v

Since when does the EoFF guild have 100 members? o.O

more like... since when is EoFF on the guild ladder?

Deaths_Hand
10-16-2005, 08:03 AM
just got a Guild Hall for my guild :D

Markus. D
10-16-2005, 12:28 PM
lucky, i havent played for awhile *plays*

vivi knight
10-16-2005, 06:58 PM
i wanna join the eoff guild plz plz plz my name is holy dude im a mo/e

Markus. D
10-17-2005, 02:01 AM
Vanam Fish (co founder of guild) left cause i ddnt log on for 2 days.

and he joined another guild, he was my bro

now the games cumbersome and slack and crap and (joking, can someone help me through the crystal desert?)

escobert
10-17-2005, 08:36 AM
Get some gold and find someone to rush you around to all the places and join partys there to do the missions.

Mookies
10-19-2005, 06:55 AM
What's the name of the eoff guild? Maybe the tag of EOFF?

Remember you can always run Elona's Reach :D

And I just found a gold Fellblade and Sup. Vigour :tongue: :tongue:

Markus. D
10-24-2005, 12:29 PM
Im making a PvP monk, maybey i should play it (god dang maple story).

My offence based PvP monk/ranger has some nice tactics.

my stats are: healing prayers 10
divine favour 5
smiting prayers 10
marksmanship 10 (yes i am not using a pet)

the 8 skills i bring in are...
1 orison of healing (id be dumb not to bring that)
2. healing touch
3. live vicariously
4. balthazars spirit
5. jusge of insight
6. favorable winds
7. barage
8. pin down

i always have a warrior attempting to tank for me cause everyone gets pissed off at me cause i kill them. -_-"

Lindy
10-24-2005, 05:33 PM
You're trying to do too much at once, it's a CA or TA build at best, though it's a stretch for that.

For one, Ranger skills are heavy on energy, especially the 15 Energy Pin Down, Expertise is something necessary if you want to use ranged skills effectively.

Then you're trying to heal as well, and using Live Vicariously and Balthazar's Spirit culls your energy regen down to 2, if you're using Pin Down, it means you should be keeping distance, which makes Balthazar's Spirit useless.

Plus you're using Favourable Winds, a preparation, which is removed by Barrage.

A more effective Mo/R would be one that used the Pet as a smiting platform with Zealot's Fire, Balthazar's Aura and Draw Conditions to trigger Fire.

Or if you wanted to play it like you have, drop Live Vicariously for Vigorous Spirit so you're healed on attack and cast, and lose Balthazar's Spirit as well as Favourable Winds for...well, anything I suppose, even a blank space would be more useful.

Oh and, with Marksmanship at only 10, you're not doing 100% damage with your bow, regardless of it's requirements.

Overall, I give you 3/10, at least for trying to be inventive.

escobert
10-24-2005, 09:34 PM
Woohoo got promoted to an officer of the AB :D

Skyblade
10-24-2005, 10:39 PM
Ok, this is driving me totally nuts. I've been playing the Dragon's Gate a couple hundred times, with both henchies and people. It has gotten me to the point that I hate people, because at least 25% of the people who sign up for this mission have no intention of playing through it, they just sit their freeloading. I have tried several different styles against Glint, but still haven't beaten her. I'm a W/Mo, so my distraction abilities are a little limited, but I have Wild Blow, so I can at least knock away her stance. Still, I haven't been able to beat her yet, and I'd appreciate any advice you guys have.

Markus. D
10-25-2005, 01:09 AM
You're trying to do too much at once, it's a CA or TA build at best, though it's a stretch for that.

For one, Ranger skills are heavy on energy, especially the 15 Energy Pin Down, Expertise is something necessary if you want to use ranged skills effectively.

Then you're trying to heal as well, and using Live Vicariously and Balthazar's Spirit culls your energy regen down to 2, if you're using Pin Down, it means you should be keeping distance, which makes Balthazar's Spirit useless.

Plus you're using Favourable Winds, a preparation, which is removed by Barrage.

A more effective Mo/R would be one that used the Pet as a smiting platform with Zealot's Fire, Balthazar's Aura and Draw Conditions to trigger Fire.

Or if you wanted to play it like you have, drop Live Vicariously for Vigorous Spirit so you're healed on attack and cast, and lose Balthazar's Spirit as well as Favourable Winds for...well, anything I suppose, even a blank space would be more useful.

Oh and, with Marksmanship at only 10, you're not doing 100% damage with your bow, regardless of it's requirements.

Overall, I give you 3/10, at least for trying to be inventive.

let me take you through the world of my PvPneseseses.

Barrage hits the enemies near my target. and with live vicariously active, ill be healed for everything i hit, pin down gives me the feat of snareing an opponent if something gets to close,.
when i attack multiple enemies, this build does significantly more damage its warrior counterpart.... it does use a little energy if i use orison of healing on myself regularaly, so i team up with a tanker warrior.

i call it the... "Nukeger"

edit: grats for becoming an officer :)

Shlup
10-25-2005, 01:13 AM
Ok, this is driving me totally nuts. I've been playing the Dragon's Gate a couple hundred times, with both henchies and people. It has gotten me to the point that I hate people, because at least 25% of the people who sign up for this mission have no intention of playing through it, they just sit their freeloading. I have tried several different styles against Glint, but still haven't beaten her. I'm a W/Mo, so my distraction abilities are a little limited, but I have Wild Blow, so I can at least knock away her stance. Still, I haven't been able to beat her yet, and I'd appreciate any advice you guys have.
Pfft. Yeah right I've beaten her. Not even close.

I have been working on pondering a N/Me skillset to mess her up, but I haven't played in awhile so I haven't gotten anywhere with it.

Lindy
10-25-2005, 09:54 AM
let me take you through the world of my PvPneseseses.

Barrage hits the enemies near my target. and with live vicariously active, ill be healed for everything i hit, pin down gives me the feat of snareing an opponent if something gets to close,.
when i attack multiple enemies, this build does significantly more damage its warrior counterpart.... it does use a little energy if i use orison of healing on myself regularaly, so i team up with a tanker warrior.

i call it the... "Nukeger"
Let me take you through the real world of PvP, you know, somewhere that isn't CA or TA. CA and TA are just like PvE, you can play anything you want and it'll work half the time.

For one, there are no "tanks" in PvP, people will go straight for the monk, you can't "tank" in PvP because there are no skills to increase threat on a player.

For two, warriors don't do damage unless they're built for it (off-target axe-spiker, KD-AS hammer, KD-HS hammer), so most things outdamage them.

For three, live vicariously heals you for, what, 13~14 points per hit? At the cost of one energy regen? And you're relying ENTIRELY on the people you're fighting to be bunched together, which is going to happen in about 1/100 fights, and they'll never STAY bunched together.

Barrage, Judges Insight and Live Vicariously are good for farming the Undead hordes at the Gates of Kryta, but not much beyond that.

Stop playing Theory Wars.

If you were playing any form of real PvP, live vicariously would be shattered/stripped/desecrated/drained instantly, your Orison or Barrage would be prevented by Diversion, or more likely you'd just be hit by an Energy Denial Mesmer and be able to do nothing anyway.

The only thing that really requires the Monk part in your "build" is Orison of Healing, which if you're just playing CA and TA could be replaced by Troll Unguent and you'd work just as well with an R/Mo, as well as having a wider range of bow attacks because you can use Expertise.

Mo/R's are limited in actual EFFECTIVE strategies, but like I said, CA and TA you can do anything you want.

About the only good thing I've seen on a Mo/R was Draw Conditions and Melandru's Resilience, for HP/Energy Regen, and it worked well because Stance breaker skills are lacking.

Also, on the matter of Glint, how can you forget that Warriors have Savage Slash on Swords and Distracting Blow on Axes?

You need a Ranger for interrupts, since Monster Attacks don't count as spells, so most Mesmer interrupts (bar Cry of Frustration) don't work.

Skyblade
10-25-2005, 03:06 PM
Let me take you through the real world of PvP, you know, somewhere that isn't CA or TA. CA and TA are just like PvE, you can play anything you want and it'll work half the time.

For one, there are no "tanks" in PvP, people will go straight for the monk, you can't "tank" in PvP because there are no skills to increase threat on a player.

For two, warriors don't do damage unless they're built for it (off-target axe-spiker, KD-AS hammer, KD-HS hammer), so most things outdamage them.

For three, live vicariously heals you for, what, 13~14 points per hit? At the cost of one energy regen? And you're relying ENTIRELY on the people you're fighting to be bunched together, which is going to happen in about 1/100 fights, and they'll never STAY bunched together.

Barrage, Judges Insight and Live Vicariously are good for farming the Undead hordes at the Gates of Kryta, but not much beyond that.

If you were playing any form of real PvP, live vicariously would be shattered/stripped/desecrated/drained instantly, your Orison or Barrage would be prevented by Diversion, or more likely you'd just be hit by an Energy Denial Mesmer and be able to do nothing anyway.

The only thing that really requires the Monk part in your "build" is Orison of Healing, which if you're just playing CA and TA could be replaced by Troll Unguent and you'd work just as well with an R/Mo, as well as having a wider range of bow attacks because you can use Expertise.

Mo/R's are limited in actual EFFECTIVE strategies, but like I said, CA and TA you can do anything you want.

About the only good thing I've seen on a Mo/R was Draw Conditions and Melandru's Resilience, for HP/Energy Regen, and it worked well because Stance breaker skills are lacking.

Also, on the matter of Glint, how can you forget that Warriors have Savage Slash on Swords and Distracting Blow on Axes?

You need a Ranger for interrupts, since Monster Attacks don't count as spells, so most Mesmer interrupts (bar Cry of Frustration) don't work.

Nice informative post. A couple questions: What the heck is CA and TA?

Also, I didn't think Melandru's Resilience was a stance...

As for Savage Slash, I've used it, it just doesn't do that much good, because Glint's skills all have incredibly low recharge times, so she can just use them again immediately, and Savage Slash doesn't cycle fast enough to stop them all.

As far as I can tell, Glint uses four abilities: Two hexes (Crystal Haze and Crystal Bonds), one stance (Spiked Crystal Skin), and one "skill" (Crystal Hibernation).

Lindy
10-25-2005, 06:47 PM
CA = Competition Arenas, where you're randomly placed in a group.
TA = Team Arenas, where you can form a group before entering.

Both are fairly free-form, lightweight PvP where you can test things out or have a laugh with fairly silly builds.

Melandru's Resilience {Elite}

Description: For the next 8/23/28 seconds, you gain +2 health regeneration and +1 energy regeneration for each Condition and Hex you are suffering.
Energy Cost: 5.
Casting Time: Instant.
Recharge Time: 15 seconds.
Linked Attribute: Wilderness Survival. Increases duration.
Skill Type: Stance.

S'perfect for a Monk dealing with an enemy group running Fragility, Draw Conditions to spam away and heal yourself easily, and keep up your energy as well.

On the matter of Glint, you don't NEED to stop all of Glint's skills, Haze and Bonds are relatively unimportant when you have an eight man team, Skin has never proved trouble for me, but Hibernation is the problem. You should also have Distracting Blow, zero damage but cancels the skill, I mixed that one up with Disrupting Chop.

If you let her cast Hibernation, all elemental attacks heal her and she regenerates health. Thankfully it has a long cast time, so save your interrupts for that, if you stop her from using that then you're golden, since she usually doesn't cast it right away afterwards.

Remember she goes for the egg carrier, so have a warrior grab that and hold onto it, so she focuses purely on them.

Markus. D
10-26-2005, 04:12 AM

meet you at the tomb of primevale kings right now!

Lindy
10-26-2005, 02:27 PM
meet you at the tomb of primevale kings right now!
I lol'd.

Skyblade
10-26-2005, 11:20 PM
Final Mission! Yay! Any advice? The Titans themselves aren't too bad, but I'm having a really hard time at the points where I'm fighting Titans and the little imp guys.

Edit: Ok, scratch that question. Final Mission completed. I have saved the world. Aren't I special. Four bonuses and I'll have them all (Dunes of Despair, Dragon's Lair, Thunderhead Keep, and Hell's Precipe). I also collected every Warrior and Monk skill in the game.

Now I'm working on bonuses and the Titan quests (which are awesome). I noticed that in Tasca's Demise, the enemies now include Titans. Will those guys be around even after I complete the Titan quests?

escobert
10-28-2005, 12:13 PM
When the moon rises high over Lion's Arch
And the wind moans through the most hollow of eves

Shutter your homes this holiday
Steer clear of the shadows
For on this night, they say,

A long-addled spirit returns from the grave
Pumpkin upon his head,
A wicked deed within his heart
A pint of witch's brew for all those who misbehave

Heed these words, all ye who dare enter here:
Bind your souls to the mortal realm
For the regent of madness draws near

Additional changes:

* Added options to toggle the display of helmets and guild capes.

* Added the ability for players to bind the Escape key to in-game actions.

* Added "Heal Signet" to the Priests of Balthazar.

* Corrected text description for skill "Order of Pain."

* Fixed skills "Battle Rage," "Edge of Extinction," "Illusion of Weakness," "Martyr," "Plague Signet," "Plague Touch," "Predatory Season," "Spinal Shivers," and "Thunderclap," which had portions of their functionality broken in last week's update.

* Fixed the order of removal for Condition, Enchantment, and Hex removal skills, which was broken in last week's update.

* Fixed collectors in The Catacombs, Skyward Reach, and Whitman's Folly.

* Fixed miscellaneous rare crash bugs.
:D

Markus. D
10-28-2005, 01:39 PM
If anyone wants to know which boss to get elite skills for a certain class, just ask... i can answer most proprosels (i spelt it wrong).

Skyblade
10-28-2005, 03:12 PM
If anyone wants to know which boss to get elite skills for a certain class, just ask... i can answer most proprosels (i spelt it wrong).

Try going here: http://www.xennon.co.uk/eliteskills It has a complete listing of all the skills, divided up by class, with maps for every one except the ones you get from the Facets in the Dragon's Lair.

Oh, and are they adding any new quests/bosses/etc for Halloween, or just the decorations in some areas?

escobert
10-28-2005, 06:48 PM
Took some screen shots from Lions Arch

escobert
10-28-2005, 08:12 PM
Here's some from the Tomb of Primeevil Kings

Mookies
10-29-2005, 08:05 AM
You forget the new henchies.
And the new ingame collector items.
Pumpkin head FTW :tongue:

Zante
10-29-2005, 01:08 PM
I just bought this game, but when making the acount, it asks me for my adress. Is it safe? I don't wan't to get smap mail or anything like that.

escobert
10-29-2005, 04:29 PM
You forget the new henchies.
And the new ingame collector items.
Pumpkin head FTW :tongue:
What are the pumpkin heads for?
And yes it's safe to put your address.

escobert
10-29-2005, 07:16 PM
I have the entire halloween set. The mad kings supposed to coem to lions arch on sunday night :D

Shoeberto
10-29-2005, 07:41 PM
I've regained a lot of interest in playing, especially with these theme things for Halloween. It's bugging me lately that I've had the game since June and still haven't beaten it, or even gotten a character to level 20 (and yes, I've had one of my characters since I got the game...he's level 16.)

So if anyone wants to help me with anything, hit me up. I'll either be Shoeberto Ramirez (E/Mo16) or Dracula Shoebertina (Mo/W11). Halp plz.

escobert
10-29-2005, 07:43 PM
I'll be on tonight after I get out of work if you wanna play. I should be home by 11:30 pm est.

Mookies
10-29-2005, 10:27 PM
If anyone needs Orr emblems or the charr collector items, they were selling like drugs. But I got spares no one wants.

IGN: Meyla Strikephazer

escobert
10-30-2005, 03:41 AM
charr collector items?

Markus. D
10-30-2005, 05:56 AM
Suddenly Ive been motivated to play guild wars again *screws over maple*.

yay!.

Dont join the EoFF guild till we get a hall okay :D

Shoeberto
10-30-2005, 05:58 AM
charr collector items?
The Halloween event in Ascalon required Charr Carvings to get the items. I'm assuming the others follow suit, though I haven't seen them going on in any other towns.

Tidus Andronicus
10-30-2005, 06:06 AM
lol... I've been so cought up with maplestory that i dont have extra time to play GW... T_T i love the game though! so beautiful...

I've forgotten what I was doing in GW... and i forgot if i had all the skills i was supposed to have by this point... >_<

Shlup
10-30-2005, 06:33 AM
What are the special items? I haven't been home all weekend so I haven't gotten to play.

Shoeberto
10-30-2005, 06:36 AM
In Ascalon, you can get Ghost in a Box, Witch's Brew, Absinthe, and I think one other. I played around and got enough Charr Carvings and chose the Ghost in a Box, which just summons a ghost out of nowhere that says "Boo!" and disappears. Kinda lame, I think. I haven't tried the others.

Zante
10-30-2005, 06:51 AM
What are the pumpkin heads for?
And yes it's safe to put your address.

Thanks, I'm a little paranoid about things like thus. :laughing:

Mookies
10-30-2005, 06:52 AM
There are 4 special Halloween items;

Abstinthe
Squash Serum
Witch's Brew
Ghost-In-The-Box

They can be collected at the Horsemen ------ in Ascalon (post searing) , Lion's Arch and Droknar's Forge.

Ascalon --- 3 Charr Carvings or 2 Grawl Necklaces
Lion's Arch --- 3 Decayed Orr Emblems
Droknar's Forge --- 3 Stone Summit Badges

First Image has the items in the second row in the order i stated above.
The subsequent images are the effects of the items in the same order.

NOTE: The 4th image of the Witch's Brew does not look different to normal it is in fact the effect of about 5 (so says my guildie) beers :tongue:

Oh and Hsu, the ghost can be exploited for a necro's soul reaping abilities XD

Shlup
10-30-2005, 06:57 AM
Bah, this just makes me miss Ultima Online. I don't have room in my storage for this crap!

escobert
10-30-2005, 04:08 PM
then give it wall to me! :p

Tidus Andronicus
10-30-2005, 04:45 PM
interesting... yet semi-pointless halloween items. XD

I went on earlier to see... and meh... it was entertaining for a little while.

escobert
10-30-2005, 05:02 PM
I wanna see what this dark lord is going to look like :p

Shlup
10-30-2005, 07:55 PM
My storage is fully of dyes and BJ's spare weapons. xp

I want houses! On-map houses! Like Ultima Online! And recall runes! Dammit!

escobert
10-30-2005, 08:26 PM
I agree. I need way more room for my crap.

Markus. D
10-31-2005, 03:08 AM
I'm in love with exploiting divine boon for all its worth.

combined with a couple of other spells i heal up to 400+ hp :D

when is haloween eve in europe?

Skyblade
10-31-2005, 07:29 PM
Still nothing. When is the Mad King coming?!

Oh, and also, I've gotten every bonus except Dragon's Lair, and Hell's Precipice. I have heard rumors of a new quest being availible once you beat every bonus. Is there any accuracy to that rumor?

Shlup
10-31-2005, 07:41 PM
Probably just a rumor. Freaking Dragon's Lair bonus... evil. :(

Skyblade
10-31-2005, 07:47 PM
Probably just a rumor. Freaking Dragon's Lair bonus... evil.

True. I'm still trying to beat it, and still having no success.

when is haloween eve in europe?

Halloween Eve? Halloween is All Hallow's Eve. The eve of an eve? Isn't that kind of silly?

Lindy
10-31-2005, 08:37 PM
Glint.

1 Interrupt Ranger
2 Warriors, one stance-tank, one sword/axe spike
2 Monks, one full-healing, one full-protection
2 Elementalists, any heavy damage dealer
1 Necromancer/Mesmer, uhh...something >_>

If you're really unsure about the Ranger's abilities, take a second one over the Necromancer/Mesmer spot.

Have a Warrior grab the egg, and hold onto it, that way Glint will focus on that. Have the Protection monk keep up Protective Spirit on the egg-carrier, while the Healer monk hits the same warrior with Healing Seed. Make sure the monks are positioned behind Glint so that they're not hit by Crystal Haze.

The Ranger should take Savage Shot, Distracting Shot, Concussion Shot and Choking Gas. Use Savage Shot or Concussion Shot on Crystal Haze, and most importantly save a Savage or Distracting for Crystal Hibernation, you MUST interrupt that skill or you're screwed.

In the mean time, the Elementalists should spam away with whatever high damaging spells they have, the non-egg carrier warrior should just pressure Glint with whatever damage they have.

The Necromancer/Mesmer is best off running DoT's, or possibly if they have it, Guilt or Mark of Subversion. Grenth's Balance used to be godly for taking down Glint, but it was fixed so it's no longer viable.

As long as the egg-carrier stays alive, and the Ranger keeps interrupting Glint's attacks, there should be no trouble at all.

Tidus Andronicus
10-31-2005, 09:18 PM
I'm makin a new character... and I wonder, if Necromancer/Elementalist would be a good idea... XD... there is no build like that on GuildWars Guru... and I want an necro with offensive attacks.... only thing close to that is Necro/ranger.

I want Necro to be my main one this time, cause frankly, i dont like the look of my elementalist XD... >=3

escobert
10-31-2005, 10:30 PM
I have a N/W and I do a lot of damage. I just use sword attacks and blood skills. Take guys down no prob.

Shoeberto
11-01-2005, 03:29 AM
I just checked out Lion's Arch for the first time since all the Halloween stuff started, and man it's awesome. I kinda wanted to see the guy come, but it's a little late for me. Got a few good screenies, though.

Markus. D
11-01-2005, 05:28 AM
just outta nowhere.... Divine Boon is a sexy spell.

could someone help my monk through the Elona reach.... its being stupid.... and killing my friends before i can heal them.

escobert
11-02-2005, 12:35 AM
God, I hate how the armor costs so much in droks. Just spent all my money on the materials. Bah I suck at getting money.

Shoeberto
11-02-2005, 12:45 AM
My friend who played a warrior always complained about how he didn't know how to farm effeciently, so he could never afford the armor later in the game to do anything worthwhile.

Stuff like that makes me never ever want to play a warrior.

Shlup
11-02-2005, 01:16 AM
I was collecting materials to trade for Halloween items but my network keeps kicking me. How sad. Lions Arch looks neat. :D

escobert
11-02-2005, 03:13 AM
I got a bunch of items form the mad king when he came last night. And a pumpkin helm (look at sig).

Lindy
11-02-2005, 03:14 AM
So liek.

I kinda started playing again, on my Monk, just to see if Sorrow's Furnace was worth the fuss.

And I happened to head to SF for the first time, ended up falling into a Farming group. First run was great, second run...less so, things fell apart as the Protection monk felt like rushing things so I had to somehow heal a fast-fading Monk and a Warrior being beaten down by freaking everything.

But in the midst of it, a fairly crappy Flint's Fleshcleaver green dropped, perfect water staff, +30 HP, +5 Energy.

I don't need it, I have no urge to sell it (it'd probably go for 2~3k), so does anyone here want it?

If you do, just leave your character name and I'll find you at some point with it.

escobert
11-02-2005, 03:21 AM
Nasir Olou Escobar. :D

Markus. D
11-02-2005, 03:36 AM
If anyone finds a sephis axe, i will buy for relitevly alot of money cause there so dang awesome looking.

I was just venturing around the desert, its beautifull in the fact that theres this giant patch of nothingness.... just makes you wanna look at it (every 2nd thing makes me wanna do that).

think ill put my monk into my sig and show off my prissy n00b armour with about 1.5ks worth of dye on it.

escobert
11-02-2005, 03:39 AM
I'm workign on getting new armor now and it's a goldish orange. My guys going to look liek the pumpkin king in battle armor. More so with my fiery dragon sword :D

Mookies
11-02-2005, 05:40 AM
I thought fleshcleavers were like 10k.
Oh and the pumpkin king is evil;
He killed me:cry:

Markus. D
11-02-2005, 05:50 AM
I'm workign on getting new armor now and it's a goldish orange. My guys going to look liek the pumpkin king in battle armor. More so with my fiery dragon sword :D

if you want a more pale shiny effect, mix it with silver dye.

PM me if you want a healer :D

edit: OH WOW! im just beggining to get into the primary missions (the actual story that you see the intro on the install disk for).
Devona, Menhlo and Cynn are way to awesome for there own good.
any ideas on where to find the first one? *looks in expensive strategy guide i purchased today*

Lindy
11-02-2005, 02:43 PM
I thought fleshcleavers were like 10k.
I play on the US servers, farming is rife so prices are junk.

escobert
11-02-2005, 02:47 PM
I'll take it either way :D

Markus. D
11-02-2005, 03:40 PM
I'll take it either way :D

You got your armour yet?

need help farming for dyes... or letting my newbie warrior scam it for cheap off other newbies?

night everyone :)

escobert
11-04-2005, 12:17 AM
:D

Shoeberto
11-04-2005, 02:11 AM
I bet that poor R/Mo was crying because he didn't have the pumpkin head.

Serves him right!

escobert
11-04-2005, 07:11 AM
My necro looks liek he's licking himself somewhere :p

Markus. D
11-04-2005, 09:44 AM
Nice Armour, wish i had a Pumkin Head :(

guess ill have to settle with a Candy Cane Staff and Snowball Mask :(

by the way: The only thing halloween was missing was ... a special mission involving a more further history and understanding of the
"Mad King" , this halloween still aces any other games.

escobert
11-04-2005, 06:13 PM
Yeah, I agree. There should have been a new special mission or something.

Markus. D
11-05-2005, 04:13 AM
me and bert dominate this thread :P

anyone up for a GW party?

escobert
11-05-2005, 06:09 AM
I <3 this game.

Markus. D
11-05-2005, 09:23 AM
now.... the party?

escobert
11-05-2005, 05:11 PM
Where and when, when you're up I'm sleeping so it's hard to play at the same yime :P

Markus. D
11-06-2005, 09:46 AM
im 1 3rd of the way to ascension... wierdly.... i havent been running.... and im not lvl 20 yet, my new guild thinks im weird.

Skyblade
11-07-2005, 03:59 PM
I killed Glint. With one other player and henchies. Booyaka.

No cutscene, nothing. Just some Exp and a sense of accomplishment. Now Glint's children will grow up hating humanity, and they will live their lives to destroy the race that killed their mother. Mwa ha ha ha ha!

Daggers64
11-08-2005, 12:41 AM
I can't beleive I missed all this halloween stuff T__T...
oh well x3... I dont get to play GW very often anyway... stupid school and work. XD

Markus. D
11-08-2005, 02:28 AM
I can't beleive I missed all this halloween stuff T__T...
oh well x3... I dont get to play GW very often anyway... stupid school and work. XD

heres the strategy i use since ive started work.

dont do homework and instead play other MMO games like this :)

escobert
12-06-2005, 09:47 PM
Anyone still playing?

Markus. D
12-07-2005, 06:57 AM
yes, still lots of fun aswell :)

it kinda kills WoW cause you need skill... in WoW you just need spammage.

I dont play as much because im a Maple Story Head.... so yeah.

I ussually play when Mitto does.

escobert
12-07-2005, 07:10 AM
Well I'm stuck on teh Euro servers now :( so whisper me whenever you see me on. I just started a W/Mo and have my 20 N/W.

Markus. D
12-07-2005, 09:37 AM
you dont want an W/Mo, unless you like the title of n00b plz face

I would go with a Mo/W for creativity.... but thats just me.

escobert
12-07-2005, 06:01 PM
No way. I can't do the monk thing. I need to kill stuff. And obviously I'm not a noob when I'm level 13 adn weilding a fiery dragon sword. :p

Markus. D
12-08-2005, 04:33 AM
Lvl dont have to much to do with this game, still... as long as your enjoying it :).

You will have to commit to monk eventually, MUAHAHAHA!

escobert
12-08-2005, 05:37 AM
Noooooooooo. My guild was trying to talk me into it all night xD. GvG > all :D

Markus. D
12-08-2005, 05:42 AM
Talk you into to GvG, or something else Escobert?

escobert
12-08-2005, 06:06 AM
Yeah they got me to play some GvG. I'm loving it.

escobert
12-08-2005, 06:07 AM
We've won 3 out of the last 4 matches :D

Markus. D
12-08-2005, 07:11 AM
Ive only won 24 of the 20 something battles my guild/s have had :p

escobert
12-08-2005, 07:14 AM
Wow we just had a 42 min battle. Only one monk on our side too. We won tho :D

Markus. D
12-08-2005, 07:16 AM
Yeah, dont they just go on forever.... I remember entering one, then once we won.... like, an hour went by.

Boon Healing for that long 0_o

escobert
12-08-2005, 07:17 AM
xD I was blind like 75% of the time xD. WE ended up having a good battle in out hall and hada monk and ele sneak out and attack their leader. The other team didn't even have time to get over there :D

Markus. D
12-08-2005, 07:25 AM
Neat Strategy Bert.

escobert
12-08-2005, 06:43 PM
Yeah seemed to work for us xD

Zante
12-08-2005, 07:17 PM
Can you guys give some tips for the Thunderhead Keep mission? I'm triing to do it for over a week now, but the dwarf always keeps diing. :mad:

escobert
12-08-2005, 08:09 PM
Where is it? I don't remember mission names just places.

Zante
12-08-2005, 08:26 PM
Ehm...Thunderhead Keep. :p That's the actual name of the outpost. It's the third one from Droknars forge, not far from Marhans Grotto.

Markus. D
12-09-2005, 12:53 AM
I actually dont think my Monk is up to it.

he is burdened with the Title... LvL 18 acsension (however thats spelt) monkey n00b.

so yeah.... I never get chosen for parties.

escobert
12-09-2005, 03:45 AM
Yeah I'm not there with my N/W yet still just past Droks.

Markus. D
12-09-2005, 06:38 AM
Good luck and I hope you get to it soon.

Tsukasa dances

escobert
12-10-2005, 12:07 AM
I've decided I'm goignt o use my W/Mo to farm once i get to droks, I'm kicking ass and takign names xD

Markus. D
12-10-2005, 02:56 AM
Droknars forge is'nt the most special place... how about... Sorrows Furnace.

I think they created it so you can die there

Muahahahha :)

escobert
12-10-2005, 03:41 AM
haha, haven't been there yet. I wanna though. But my Euro server problems aren't helping anything :(

Markus. D
12-10-2005, 07:43 AM
Its diffucult... you walk in and then boom! your a goner.

amuseing :)

escobert
12-10-2005, 11:14 AM
I can't take this anymore, the people in the Euro servers are a giant mass of morons who just bitch and then leave the party. Wtf it takes 17 trys to do every friggin mission because either A) they won't bring a monk or B) they have no idea where to go and just run in circles for houra and yell at you if you try to direct them. I NEED TO GO BACK TO THE AMEICAN SERVERS NOW!

Markus. D
12-10-2005, 11:41 AM
gee thanks bert....

Tsukasa Ponders the situation.

escobert
12-10-2005, 11:48 AM
I mean yeah I've met some really good players that I've had fun with. But the majority of them are loud mouth noobs that think they know everything and refuse to listen to anything if your a lower level then them. All they seem to knwo how to say is "stfu n00b" or "go gain some levels" yet I'm the one who has to show them all how to do the mission.

Markus. D
12-10-2005, 01:35 PM
yeah, its kinda funny how they re-iterate the "Go gain lvls" thing, considering you dont really need them.

escobert
12-12-2005, 03:41 PM
Yeah. Doing some questing today :D so if you see me on just message :D

Markus. D
12-12-2005, 10:48 PM
okay, I might play later.

Mittopotahis
12-13-2005, 05:22 AM
I just recently got Guild Wars. Alsari Ramen is the name, although i never use him :).

Markus. D
12-14-2005, 12:31 AM
Assassin Class is being made, and will be released early next year.

escobert
12-14-2005, 03:10 AM
Can't wait :D

Markus. D
12-14-2005, 05:14 AM
the only thing im concerned about is if it will break the balance in the classes....

Alixsar
12-14-2005, 05:32 AM
Guild Wars? I played that for a while. I got to Thunderhead Keep and lost interest. It was fun while it lasted though. After that I helped revive my friend's RO server, and then I moved on to FPSes. But hey, Guild Wars is still kind of neat. Elementalist for life.

Stormsworder
12-17-2005, 09:18 PM
Hey, send a whisper to Danielle Roivas, and I'll help you guys out if I can. << My Ranger is at her max level right now and has beaten the last mission.

Markus. D
12-18-2005, 05:07 AM
so... new multiple classes are comeing out soon :D

im going to research and see if i can find some out.

Zante
12-23-2005, 10:33 AM
Finaly managed to do thunderkeap, wasn't that hard after all with a interupting mesmer and an extra monk. http://img108.exs.cx/img108/1172/a4nvictory.gif

So yeach, anyone else saw the christmass stuff yet? There even got quests this time round. I totaly have to get one of those candy cane swords. :D

Markus. D
12-23-2005, 10:55 AM
wow, christmas = weirded out monsters.

escobert
12-23-2005, 06:21 PM
haha this is awsome! :D

Shoeberto
12-23-2005, 06:29 PM
Did they finally get a Christmas event up? Man, I've been waiting for them to finally do it.

escobert
12-23-2005, 06:32 PM
Yeah. Looks good :D

Casey
12-23-2005, 08:06 PM
I like how they called it "Wintersday" instead of Christmas. lol. Happy Wintersday! Hey by the way, I want to join the EOFF guild, the guild I am in sucks. Username is: Cassius The Great

Markus. D
12-24-2005, 12:01 AM
EoFF closed a very long time ago :p

but, we can add eachother.

True Brawler Monk/Nik Dan Bro

*logs on*

Shoeberto
12-25-2005, 03:40 PM
Is anyone getting in on the snowball fights today? Those are awesome!

escobert
12-25-2005, 05:09 PM
Yeah I did some last night. Is santa comming or what?

Zante
12-25-2005, 06:02 PM
Dunno about Santa, but acording to one of the NPCs, Dwayna and Greth will come to Lions Arch in 6 days from now.

And I agree, the snowball fights rock. :)

escobert
12-25-2005, 06:04 PM
Yeah, people were saying that santa was going to come at 3 am this morning or something. I dunno. YOu know how people cna be in games hahah

Markus. D
12-26-2005, 12:07 AM
T_T I wanna see dwayna and grenth, lemee pleeeeeease

edit: Saw them :P there eerie but purdy, exept for Grength... he's just eerie.

editedit: my pve skills are purdy :P

escobert
01-02-2006, 06:43 PM
haha read this http://www.guildwarsguru.com/forum/showthread.php?t=66369 it's a guild wars comic :D

Markus. D
01-02-2006, 10:43 PM
haha read this http://www.guildwarsguru.com/forum/showthread.php?t=66369 it's a guild wars comic :D

hahaha true gw spirit :)

escobert
01-06-2006, 02:02 AM
Anyone still playing?

Markus. D
01-06-2006, 06:44 AM
Mitto is an officer of a guild, im in the guild he was in, I was kicked of officer status cause the leader sucks.

but yeah, still playing now and then.

how about you?

escobert
01-06-2006, 06:45 AM
Yeah getting there. At thunderhead Blah. Getting my W/Mo up there he's almost to the desert. Been playing on and off all week :D

Markus. D
01-06-2006, 06:49 AM
have you done the Main Quest yet?

I actually think I might be the only one whos done most of it 0_o...

escobert
01-06-2006, 06:50 AM
Main quest? at thunderkeep?

Markus. D
01-06-2006, 06:54 AM
nonono, the actual part of the game the introduction fmv (viewable on the installation disk), you travel with with Devona, Bro Menhlo etc....

escobert
01-06-2006, 07:16 AM
Ohhh yeah.

Markus. D
01-07-2006, 01:16 AM
I wish this game had an underwater swimming system.

I would automatically quit every other online rpg I currently have and go play Guild Wars.

escobert
01-07-2006, 01:18 AM
xD yeah that'd be awosome.

Markus. D
01-07-2006, 01:34 AM
im sure in the near future, GW arenas will begin becomeing more creative.

picture for example: 2 guild ships, battleing at sea, you have your guild members trying to keep the ship up to maintenance and haveing them fire the cannons on the stormy seas of tyria.

and then grapple accross to the enemy ship once its close enough, and boom! zee war begins.

but the main objective will be to sink the others ship.

~SapphireStar~
01-07-2006, 02:19 AM
This game is gathering dust on my shelf, I havent played it in months and I think my main character was named after me. I didnt like it.

escobert
01-07-2006, 02:21 AM
im sure in the near future, GW arenas will begin becomeing more creative.

picture for example: 2 guild ships, battleing at sea, you have your guild members trying to keep the ship up to maintenance and haveing them fire the cannons on the stormy seas of tyria.

and then grapple accross to the enemy ship once its close enough, and boom! zee war begins.

but the main objective will be to sink the others ship.
That's be awsome :D

Markus. D
01-07-2006, 02:14 PM
I hope they dont extend the level cap.

I donno what it is... but im content with 20.

escobert
01-07-2006, 02:53 PM
25 wouldn't make me sad. I would love to have more attribute piints, I had to sacrafice some blood points to use a shield :(

Markus. D
01-07-2006, 03:37 PM
I know but well.... level 40 is going a little to far...

escobert
01-13-2006, 09:18 AM
Wait level 40? They're kicking it up to 40!?

Markus. D
01-13-2006, 10:54 AM
rumoured yes.

escobert
01-13-2006, 11:08 AM
Hmm that would be strange. I guess you don;t even have to own the original to play the expansion. Looks like the expansions going to kick ass even if they do put the level cap up :p

Mittopotahis
01-14-2006, 03:14 AM
I'd say it would be nearly impossible to level up to 40, unless you were some type of GW freak who does nothing else with their life.

And Tsukasa, you were kicked from an officer because you didn't pass the officer test ;)

Markus. D
01-14-2006, 04:50 AM
which test!

i was never told there was one....

ps: the skilled GW person can get to lvl 20 in around 5 hours :O!

so, theyd probably find a way to get to level 40 easilly.

escobert
01-22-2006, 03:24 AM
Factions is going to be awsome, new update is crazy :D

Markus. D
01-22-2006, 01:49 PM
I RECKON EH! Im gonna OWN! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!MITTO AND BERT!!!!!!!!!!!!

edit: Monks are to hawt to kill.... its just the rules of the GW life.

escobert
01-22-2006, 01:53 PM
I'm not that happy with the assassins power :( I was getting pwned in GvG :(

Markus. D
01-22-2006, 03:33 PM
I love the new additions.

I havent logged on since before the new interface.

here are some fancy screens.

edit: you may be able to see my lurve for monks.

Avarice-ness
08-01-2006, 12:25 AM
I got Guild Wars last week.
Loving it. <3! I have an elementalist and she's pretty and hooray!

Markus. D
08-01-2006, 02:33 AM
oh wow.

Hi topic <3

I havent seen your awesomeness in ages.

can we keep it plz mitwer or miswes knight?

I want Knightfall SO badly!!!!

the new Dervish class is absolutely kickass!

edit: that and I have almost beaten factions, the story is ALL that and more, and the diffuculty is frustrating.... like this boss that had like... 5 parts to it, its a spoiler if I say anything. so yeah.