PDA

View Full Version : Brave Blade, or Chicken Knife?

BFM
09-20-2005, 07:35 AM
I'm at the point in the game where I can decide on whether or not I want to get the Brave Blade or the Chicken Knife, which do you think is better and which would you reccomend that I get? Also does anyone have an idea as to how often the Chicken Knife forces you to flee battle? (Preferably some kind of percentage or ratio.)

Masamune·1600
09-20-2005, 08:13 AM
The decision should really be made solely on escapes. The Brave Blade's attack rating starts out incredibly high, but loses one point for every escaped battle. The Chicken Knife begins with an attack power of one, but gains (escapes/2) to its attack (which eventually caps). If you've never escaped, you're obviously better off with the Brave Blade. If you've escaped hundreds of times, the Chicken Knife is clearly ideal.

Also, the Brave Blade adds +5 Strength, while the Chicken Knife adds +5 Agility. These bonuses are independent of the variable battle powers, and don't change with escapes.

The Chicken Knife will force an escape roughly 25% of the time.

Mirage
09-20-2005, 08:22 AM
Be brave. Get the Brave Blade. Chicken knives are for chickens.

Flying Mullet
09-20-2005, 12:52 PM
I always get the Brave Blade because I hardly run from battle.

Shin Gouken
09-20-2005, 07:37 PM
The decision should really be made solely on escapes. The Brave Blade's attack rating starts out incredibly high, but loses one point for every escaped battle. The Chicken Knife begins with an attack power of one, but gains (escapes/2) to its attack (which eventually caps). If you've never escaped, you're obviously better off with the Brave Blade. If you've escaped hundreds of times, the Chicken Knife is clearly ideal.

Also, the Brave Blade adds +5 Strength, while the Chicken Knife adds +5 Agility. These bonuses are independent of the variable battle powers, and don't change with escapes.

the brave blade indeed powers up my friend. stop running from battles and it will start to increase in power again but only until you pick it up

BFM
09-20-2005, 11:07 PM
Once you pick up the Brave Blade, will it become weaker if you start running from battles? Or does it stay at whatever power it was at when you got it?

I also have one new question: Has anyone found any use out of freeing Lone Wolf from the dungeons in Waltz? I know he steals stuff from certain chests and leaves a note behind but has anyone discovered anything else besides that?

rubah
09-20-2005, 11:36 PM
Leave him in jail. That's where criminals are supposed to be.

I believe brave blade loses strength as you escape.

I always go for the chicken knife, because it can only get better :}

Masamune·1600
09-21-2005, 01:22 AM

the brave blade indeed powers up my friend. stop running from battles and it will start to increase in power again but only until you pick it up

No. The Brave Blade never regains what it loses when one escapes. Further, not running from battle adds nothing to its power. It begins at 150, and loses one point for every escape. That's it.

krayziesaiko
09-21-2005, 06:46 AM
I actually like the Chicken Knife. You can get it really powerful if you run from enough battles, and you can always walk around and get in extra random encounters to level up if you are escaping too much. I dont like the Brave Blade as much, because it starts out stronger, but it gets weaker if you escape at all, and there are some situations (Low on HP, MP and items and lots of progress since save point) where you want to escape.

Shin Gouken
09-21-2005, 10:18 AM

No. The Brave Blade never regains what it loses when one escapes. Further, not running from battle adds nothing to its power. It begins at 150, and loses one point for every escape. That's it.

my brave blade is on sumthing over 200. im not a newbie am im not bull/xxx.gif/xxx.gif/xxx.gif/xxx.gifting.

eestlinc
09-28-2005, 07:18 PM
I never run from battles, and i figure if I die in a battle I deserve to die because I suck. I always get the Brave Blade. The chicken knife might get stronger but only through sucky running from battles.

boys from the dwarf
09-28-2005, 09:49 PM
whats the starting stat for brave blade if you dont run from anything. and also whats the highest the chicken knife can reach.

Masamune·1600
09-28-2005, 10:49 PM
The Brave Blade starts at 150; if you never run from battle, it remains at that number. It cannot go higher in a normal game. The Chicken Knife maxes at only 127, but because of how it calculates damage is in almost all cases actually more damaging than the Brave Blade (it takes Agility into account). It also forces one to flee battle ~25% of the time.

As I suggested earlier, it's a rather simple decision. If you never escape, go for the Brave Blade. If you frequently retreat from battle, take the Chicken Knife.

Spuuky
10-01-2005, 08:39 AM
The Brave Blade is the single strongest weapon in the game.