PDA

View Full Version : Old Evanescence Music

Rye
09-20-2005, 11:25 AM
Let's talk about OLD Evanescence music. Like anything before Fallen, such as Origin/Evanescence EP/Sound Asleep EP. :)

Their old music is brilliant, in my opinion. I'm hoping their new album will go back in that direction now that Ben Moody is out of the band. My favourite old songs are the more piano based songs, especially ones with duets. My favourite old Evanescence songs:

Give Unto Me
Solitude
Even In Death (Acoustic)
Anywhere
Field of Innocence
Wash It All Away/Understanding
Before the Dawn
Lies
You

Please download some of those songs. :)

Germ Hamee
09-20-2005, 11:52 AM
I flipping hated Even In Death up until I heard it performed acoustically on the radio. Holy crap is that an amazing piece of music when there's not so many annoying noises going on.

I really enjoy some of the older Evanescence, but a lot of it is really horrible too. I much prefer their polished versions of My Immortal, Whisper, Missing, etc... as far as favorites go, I really liked Before the Dawn. It's a really different sound for them, very romantic, and I like it.

Lastly, grrr, You is not an Evanescence song. :mad:

Rye
09-20-2005, 11:57 AM
You is a song by Amy Lee that she wanted to keep private, but it leaked out. My insane fandom led me to listen to it, even though it's really not supposed to be listened to.

<3 You.

Even In Death Acoustic is brilliant, but the original version of it is icky, I agree.

RPJesus
09-23-2005, 07:59 PM
Oh god, Evanescence? They had a thing with wake me up, getting a few short-term fans, but who listened after that except little goth kids? Y'know just because Amy's fat, ugly and female doesn't mean she's interesting or talented. And because her make-up, hair and clothing is 'original' cough*bloody stupid*cough doesn't mean it either.

Stupid pop-emo-goth-metal. What did it ever do for humanity? Save it from a fascist dictatorship or an army of alien religious fundamentalists? Or even an Ottoman empire? Oh, whats that? No, you say? Well, fellows, I render them useless! Now, Bowie. Now he had something going.

Giga Guess
09-24-2005, 12:40 AM
Not old Evanesence, but I REALLY like Imaginary...I have a different version....kind of....mellow, but not quite. Really quite good, all the smae.

Rye
09-24-2005, 12:46 AM
RP, if you think she is fat, than your idea of average must be anorexic. That type of thinking is upsetting. I don't mind what you think about the music or Amy's talent, your opinion is your opinion, but dude, learn what the real meaning of overweight is.

PS: I think she's pretty and she has a great voice, but that's MY opinion.

GooeyToast
09-24-2005, 12:52 AM
http://www.amyleeworld.com/PICTURES/amy-lee-3.jpg

She may be kinda ugly, but she doesn't look very fat to me.

Giga Guess
09-24-2005, 01:00 AM
Yeah, no. I'm not seeing it either.

Germ Hamee
09-24-2005, 07:34 AM
RPJesus, until you post some pictures of your rippling abs and beautiful clear face, I don't want to hear a thing from you again. Judging a person for how they look (especially a mild case like Amy Lee) is really low. Grow up. I've met the woman on several occasions and she's one of the coolest not even wannabe goth chicks I've ever met. I know this from personal experience, not from the music videos on MTV.

This thread is about Evanescence and their old music, not your hatred of anything popular or a woman you've never met. Learn to read and practice writing productive thread replies. Goodnight.

Captain VooDoo
09-24-2005, 12:03 PM
Oh god, Evanescence? They had a thing with wake me up, getting a few short-term fans, but who listened after that except little goth kids? Y'know just because Amy's fat, ugly and female doesn't mean she's interesting or talented. And because her make-up, hair and clothing is 'original' cough*bloody stupid*cough doesn't mean it either.

Stupid pop-emo-goth-metal. What did it ever do for humanity? Save it from a fascist dictatorship or an army of alien religious fundamentalists? Or even an Ottoman empire? Oh, whats that? No, you say? Well, fellows, I render them useless! Now, Bowie. Now he had something going.

I agree amy is a bit on the chubby side and has no talent. Ever heard of Lacuna Coil?
and if you want a good female singer listen to Nightwish, tarja turen rocks.

RPJesus
09-24-2005, 01:24 PM
RP, if you think she is fat, than your idea of average must be anorexic. That type of thinking is upsetting. I don't mind what you think about the music or Amy's talent, your opinion is your opinion, but dude, learn what the real meaning of overweight is.

PS: I think she's pretty and she has a great voice, but that's MY opinion.
Why are you offended? Are you fat? I have nothing against fat people, but when they try and convince me they're not it's just annoying. Besides, she is a bit chubby. But look at my sig! So's he!

RPJesus, until you post some pictures of your rippling abs and beautiful clear face, I don't want to hear a thing from you again.
Well, here's a little a picture I took while on holiday with my good friend Che.

Rye
09-24-2005, 02:09 PM
I agree amy is a bit on the chubby side and has no talent. Ever heard of Lacuna Coil?
and if you want a good female singer listen to Nightwish, tarja turen rocks.

I listen to both bands. I find the singer of Lacuna Coil to be average, actually. She's good, but you can hardly ever hear her. I think Amy is better than her at singing. I'm a huge Nightwish fan, Tarja has to be one of the best singers on the planet. :)

Captain VooDoo
09-24-2005, 02:58 PM
I love nightwish too and have heard never lacuna coil i just read that evenesence copied them.

Rye
09-24-2005, 03:01 PM
Oooh, I hate when people do that. Evanescence and Lacuna Coil sound nothing alike. One formed in Arkansas, one formed in Italy. They formed at the same time. :p

Giga Guess
09-24-2005, 04:02 PM
Hey Rye...I did some Soulseek hunting last night, and have a question....Imaginary and My Immortal. Are they rereleases?

Rye
09-24-2005, 04:55 PM
Yup! There are a few versions of both. I like the slow piano intro-ish version of Imaginary. :)

Traitorfish
09-24-2005, 05:52 PM
Wow, RPJesus, your huge! Where'd you get that tan?
Where exactly where you on holiday?
Anyway, I don't think fatty... err... I mean, Amy, is fat, but she's not as skinny as she tries to make out.
You know whos fat though? Meg White. Yet, she's one of the few competent female musicians. Probably shows something. About fatties. And drums.
Fatties have good rythm. Or like to bang things with sticks. Whatever. :tongue:

Karl
09-24-2005, 06:38 PM

hmm, so marolyn manson is gonna start a new world revolution and create a perfect utopia without corperations? i dont think so. and she isnt fat, she's AROUND average looking weight, and as long as there is money in the world, there wont be any bigtime musicians that do jack for humanity so dont act like ur superior for listening to something different, people can sing about whatever they want however they want but it wont mean anything, its just supposed to be entertainment, and as for musicians donating money and doing benefit concerts, if they wanna help maybe they should get their rich asses out there and do something instead of just continueing with their glorious profession and thinking they did something good. and by the way, when was the last time u heard about any death metal being in a benefit concert.

music is meant to be nothing but entertainment so dont think its brainwashing youth with pop culture and political bull**** and having crap to do with corperations, u cant live without corperations, anywhere u go u cant escape it, u buy food, clothes, they build EVERYTHING in cities. im sick of hearing all this bullsh** about corperations

also i like lies, you, and give unto me

Germ Hamee
09-25-2005, 05:37 AM
Sheesh, what is with everyone's fixation on her weight? What the hell does it matter if she likes eating hamburgers or if she throws up dry salad for fun when she's a musician? She's really quite average as far as short girls go.

Traitorfish
09-25-2005, 11:29 AM
hmm, so marolyn manson is gonna start a new world revolution and create a perfect utopia without corperations? i dont think so. and she isnt fat, she's AROUND average looking weight, and as long as there is money in the world, there wont be any bigtime musicians that do jack for humanity so dont act like ur superior for listening to something different, people can sing about whatever they want however they want but it wont mean anything, its just supposed to be entertainment, and as for musicians donating money and doing benefit concerts, if they wanna help maybe they should get their rich asses out there and do something instead of just continueing with their glorious profession and thinking they did something good. and by the way, when was the last time u heard about any death metal being in a benefit concert.

music is meant to be nothing but entertainment so dont think its brainwashing youth with pop culture and political bull**** and having crap to do with corperations, u cant live without corperations, anywhere u go u cant escape it, u buy food, clothes, they build EVERYTHING in cities. im sick of hearing all this bullsh** about corperations

also i like lies, you, and give unto me
Well, Karl With A K, I see you have a screwd-up veiw on Corporations (With an 'O'), and you don't see to have actually read RPjesusususususus'sesesess post. He/she/it/them/whatever never said anything about MM except 'Tee hee! He's fat!', which doesn't sound like promotion to me.
And don't blame RPJesus thatr metal musicians don't play charity gigs. The mainstream artists only do it for the publicity (with a few exceptions like Coldplay or U2 or Audioslave). Besides, did Jesus once mention 'death metal'? No? No.
But you're right, RPJesus does seem to except a bit much from music. It;s just entertainment, not a religion.

Shadowflare
09-25-2005, 09:37 PM
She may be kinda ugly

Aside from some of her choices of wardrobe, I don't see how she is ugly. And who cares how she looks? (and really, I don't think she looks bad at all.) I think Amy Lee's voice is great, and some of the songs that Evanescence has done are pretty above average in my estimation. Whisper, Fields of Innocence, and Imaginary are some of my favorite songs.
I own Fallen, but I've picked up some of their older stuff as well. I do agree, some of it is quite good, especially Fields of Innocence. I can't stand some of the songs their discography, but others are very good.

GooeyToast
09-25-2005, 09:38 PM
She may be kinda ugly

Aside from some of her choices of wardrobe, I don't see how she is ugly. And who cares how she looks? (and really, I don't think she looks bad at all.)

Hence the word "kinda".

DMKA
09-25-2005, 09:51 PM
To be honest, I really didn't care for them up until <i>Fallen</i>, which is a shame since that's been played to death and made me really not care for it either now.

Oh, and Evanescence is from Arkansas...something few people seem to know (not that it's relevant or anything). =p

RPJesus
09-25-2005, 10:31 PM

What are you talking about? When did I mention Manson and a revolution? I don't know where you pulled this stuff from.

RPJesus does seem to except a bit much from music. It;s just entertainment, not a religion.
When did I ever imply that? It's just entertainment, I know.

people can sing about whatever they want however they want but it wont mean anything, its just supposed to be entertainment
Damn it, I know that. Personally, I like it when musicians go a little deep, expressing an actual opinion that's there own, but it isn't nessacery. I do think it's wrong when they come out with rubbish someone else has written for them, but then you don't see a lot of real musicians doing that. Just crappy pop stars. Same for the benefit concerts, some guys only do it for publicity (crappy pop stars mainly), but that doesn't mean they all do that. Some who care do get off their asses, that are far enough from rich, and do something. Like fishy said, Coldplay. You never see that program? Chris martin going about the place, doing stuff to help. It's the pop stars, the rich, lazy ones who, if they ever do a thing like that, talk crap all the way through it because it 'made them sad to see those people in such conditions. Now, back to my mansion, millions of dollars, super-star spouse and children with bloody stupid names for a nice relaxing time. watching those poor people work just made me so tired.'

music is meant to be nothing but entertainment so dont think its brainwashing youth with pop culture and political bull**** and having crap to do with corperations
It does brainwash youth. Not music, just pop, which has absolutely nothing to do with the music.

u cant live without corperations, anywhere u go u cant escape it, u buy food, clothes, they build EVERYTHING in cities. im sick of hearing all this bullsh** about corperations
I don't think it's that we can't live without corporations because we need them, but because of the way people are. Money grabbing monsters. Corporations want to make money and so convince people that they want to buy what they're selling, through all different and disgusting methods. Brainwashing.
Besides, I don't buy everything from corporations. My clothes come from little shops in the west end of Glasgow owned by Asian families, who sell things at a good price (what it's worth not what they want), not some big, obvious corporation. And I buy them because of the good quality and price, not because they hammered the idea in to my head. The only ones I could think I really give much money too are Walmart and Ikea, 'cause there isn't much else worth buying from, not because of their evil trickery, why many companies survive. This 'brainwashing'.
So, what crap about corporations? Are you sick of hearing the crap in their favour or against? You didn't make that very clear... at all.

Shadowflare
09-25-2005, 10:32 PM
Hence the word "kinda".

Okay, I getcha now.

Oh, and Evanescence is from Arkansas...something few people seem to know (not that it's relevant or anything).

Yeah. When I first heard that, I was surprised.

RPJesus
09-25-2005, 10:39 PM
Y'know, it doesn't matter how ugly she is. Although, I may be the one who, apparently, started that idea. It doesn't matter at all, never said it did. Just said she was kinda fat, which she is. That doesn't matter either, never said it did. It may be a little unhealthy, but that's not my problem.
Ugly doesn't come in to skill. Marilyn manson. You can guess I like him? I think his music is very, very good. And he's probably uglier than Amy. It's never effected his skill, and people shouldn't judge it because of that. Nor hers*. In fact, his horrible face has probably worked in his favour, adding to the strange.

*problem being, Amy- skill?

kikimm
09-25-2005, 10:52 PM
Kay, now we can all stop talking about Amy Lee's weight, and get back to Evanescence's older music.

I never really got into them, although I am a bit curious to see how their older stuff sounds. *digs around*

Rye
09-25-2005, 11:44 PM
Kay, now we can all stop talking about Amy Lee's weight, and get back to Evanescence's older music.

:<3: