PDA

View Full Version : Zell Sidequest??

Strawberry_Mew
09-20-2005, 03:45 PM
I have heard that if you do a lil sidequest with Zell, He will notice that the Library girl likes him? How do you do this to get him to notice?? ^_^ I have always wanted to learn how to ^_^

redxiiii
09-20-2005, 04:03 PM
I think your talking about the meeting in the balamb hotel, if so I think you have to beat fujin andn rajin in the hotel and then stay at the hotel for a night as soon as you have beat them.

Skyblade
09-20-2005, 04:08 PM
No, there's a lot more to it than that. Several times during the game you have to visit the library with Zell in you party. There will be some scenes where the library commitee talks about how the pigtail girl likes Zell. After enough of these scenes, go to the Balamb hotel and rest there to complete the sidequest and get Combat King 003.

Strawberry_Mew
09-20-2005, 06:22 PM
No, there's a lot more to it than that. Several times during the game you have to visit the library with Zell in you party. There will be some scenes where the library commitee talks about how the pigtail girl likes Zell. After enough of these scenes, go to the Balamb hotel and rest there to complete the sidequest and get Combat King 003.

Ok ^_^ So does it matter what disks these scenes take place

Skyblade
09-20-2005, 06:51 PM

Ok ^_^ So does it matter what disks these scenes take place

I don't believe so. But I would advise starting as soon as possible and visiting the library as often as possible, because it takes a long time to get them all.

SeeDRankLou
09-20-2005, 08:13 PM
There are several scenes that happen both when Zell is and isn't in your party. I don't know how many of them are important, but if you either see enough of them or the right ones, the conversation that happens between Zell and Library Girl with Pigtails (LGwP) will be heard in full instead of just of a few of the letters.

Disc 1:
-Go to the library as just Squall, and LGwP will tell Squall the rules of the library and some other stuff.
-When you wake up on the day of the Timber mission, before going to receive your assignment, stop by the library. A Conceited SeeD and some library girls will be talking about LGwP.
-Before you go to Timber, head back to the library and Zell will ask LGwP if his book is in yet.

Disc 2:
-Bring Zell to Balamb Garden when you split up. When you save the people in the library, talk to LGwP. She will be very flustered and give Zell a Mega Pheonix (I think).
-After FH, head down to the library (without Zell) before going to the 3rd floor to pilot the garden for the first time. Conceited SeeD will be there again, talking to the library girls again. This time LGwP will be in the group, and she'll be talking about "someone."
-After liberating Balamb (without Zell), head down to the library. Conceited SeeD will be asking about LGwP, and the library girl will say she's not there.
-Go back to Balamb (with Zell) and go to the train station. A girl dressed in a SeeD cadet outfit will be there, talk to her.
-Before going to Trabia, go back to the library (with Zell) and no one should be at the counter. Go to the back room, and then return to the front room. Some library girls will ask Zell to do an interview. I don't know if there are any wrong answers here. First question, favorite color: red, blue, pink. Second question, favorite food: beef, fish, hot dogs. I haven't really played with the answers to this yet, so I don't know. I can imagine if there are right and wrong answers, the second question's correct answer is hot dogs. There is a third question but no time to answer it.
-After visiting Trabia, go to the library (with Zell) and go to the spot where the Esuna draw point is, another scene will happen.

Disc 3:
-Go to the library (with Zell) and the girl at the counter will tell Zell that LGwP is looking for him.
-Go to Balamb (with Zell). Go to the train station and talk to the girl again.
-Talk to Ma Dincht.
-Spend the night at the hotel, and wake up the next morning and walk downstairs.

The only stuff that is necessary for the Combat King 003 is the last bit in disc 3, but you won't hear any of their conversation. If you want to hear some or all of their conversation, you have to put in a little more effort. Like I said, I don't know how much of that stuff is needed or if there are right and wrong answers to the interview, but that's all the stuff that I have seen happen, there might be even more. Also, I don't know if I have the order exactly right in the disc 2 section either.

Strawberry_Mew
09-20-2005, 08:36 PM
Hmm that helps out great ^_^ Thankies guys will try for this on my new game ^_^

Lady_Malice
09-22-2005, 07:34 AM
it's the only way to get Zell's ultimate limit break "My final heaven"

Moerae
09-22-2005, 09:49 AM
couldn't you just buy the magazine at the esther shops?

Skyblade
09-22-2005, 02:30 PM
couldn't you just buy the magazine at the esther shops?

If you have Familiar, yes.

Besides, Lady Malice is wrong. You get Combat King 003 from this sidequest, which teaches Meteor Barret, not My Final Heaven.