PDA

View Full Version : FFVII: Advent Children Limited Edition Details.

Kai Seraph
09-20-2005, 04:05 PM
What's factual here is that the Limited Edition (Japanese mind you) DVD Set of FFVII: AC contains...

a) The original Ps Game with reprinted Cd Covers on a stand of some sort.
b) Cloud and Fenrir's figurine.
c) FFVII Strategy guide... on a Cd.
d) Keychain/Keyholder/Keyring/Keywhatever.
e) FFVII Last Order OVA
f) Cloudy Wolf T-Shirt and Cap
g) A special "Making of..." featurette, footage of FFVII: AC when it was screened in Venice.
h) FFVII: Advent Children DVD... of course.
(and perhaps some small stuff which I didn't think was significant...)

Ok, so with the release of the Japanese version of FFVII: AC we have seen the First Print of the Limited Edition DVD set. I admit that it is retailing at an insanely high price, but being a hardcore FFVII fan, I find it a must to own.

Unfortunately, I was a bit slow in catching up on the release dates and actually missed the date for the pre-ordering of FFVII: AC Limited Edition in my country's Kinokuniya* outlet.

*For those who don't know what Kinokuniya is, it's actually a book store which engages in the sales of Japanese imported items, which in this case is FFVII: AC. They do import other things like anime, music but most of the time they have manga, novels, magazines, straight from Japan.

Thus, I've been frantically searching for any online retail outlets that have the slightest possibility of having FFVII: AC... but to no avail. I did manage to find one, but it's retailing for USD$399 without shipping fees. I might contradict myself here, but the original price was set to be USD $275 and I capped my maximum spending capacity at USD$350 inclusive of shipping fees. Thus, that choice was ruled out.

I then noticed something about the amount of units they had for shipment. Many online retail stores mentioned that they had already sold out their 'first batch' of stock. One site I had seen even stated that the next batch would be coming in 4 weeks' time. Now, judging from evidence that almost all FFVII: AC Limited Edition DVD sets were snatched up in Japan itself, I've turned somewhat skeptical as to the 'batches' of stock that these online stores intend to bring in. After all, we are talking about the limited edition DVD set here anyway. If there were future batches of stock, then it would contradict the term 'limited' wouldn't it?

Also, the fact that they called it First Print is highly suspicious. It tends to portray the likelihood of there being a Second Print. This, tying in with the 'future batches of stock' seem to indicate that there is still production of the Limited Edition DVD set, just that we, or rather I, do not know what's the production cap(though I did hear that it was 77777 sets, but I don't trust that number, it's just weird).

Thus, I'm wondering if anyone has any concrete information on whether the FFVII: AC Limited Edition DVD Set will have another shipment soon, or is it just this once in a lifetime chance that I have unknowingly let by due to my own absent-mindedness?

Either way, not being able to own the set is kind of disappointing and sort of depressing. *goes to a corner and starts mumbling gibberish to himself*

KoShiatar
09-20-2005, 09:29 PM
Footage of the Venice screening? But you mean, the one with the 20-minute trailer that was given last year? Or the one given this year with the full movie?

Vanilla's vanilla
09-20-2005, 11:45 PM
i own FF7:AcLE, it's awesomeness!

Kai Seraph
09-21-2005, 02:06 PM
Footage of the Venice screening? But you mean, the one with the 20-minute trailer that was given last year? Or the one given this year with the full movie?

That I'm not sure... I'm thinking it's the trailer though.

Doesn't seem like anyone knows whether there are still any more shipments to be confirmed... sigh.

Shlup
09-21-2005, 02:40 PM
The best part of the intarw3bz is the searching feature.

The content of the limited edition's DVD are as follows:
-Final Fantasy VII: Advent Children movie (length: 97 minutes)
-Final Fantasy VII Digest (length: 30 minutes)
-Final Fantasy VII: Advent Children Official trailer (length: 2 minutes)
-Compilation of Final Fantasy VII Trailer (length: 10 minutes)

Furthermore, this box set will ship with the following items:
-A figure set of Cloud and his motorcycle
-A special DVD featuring the following contents:
-Last Order Final Fantasy VII OVA
-Making-Of footage
-Final Fantasy VII: Advent Children Venice Film Festival trailer
-Various other Final Fantasy VII: Advent Children trailers
-A voice recording-enabled libretto replica
-A cup
-A t-shirt
-A key holder
-PlayStation One RPG Final Fantasy VII International (this four-disc set will come in a special packaging)

http://i3.yesasia.com/assets/GalleryImage/r_g0000000627_0_01.jpg

http://i3.yesasia.com/assets/GalleryImage/r_g0000000627_0_03.jpg

http://i3.yesasia.com/assets/GalleryImage/r_g0000000627_0_04.jpg

http://i3.yesasia.com/assets/GalleryImage/r_g0000000627_0_05.jpg

http://i3.yesasia.com/assets/GalleryImage/r_g0000000627_0_06.jpg

http://i3.yesasia.com/assets/GalleryImage/r_g0000000627_0_07.jpg

http://i3.yesasia.com/assets/GalleryImage/r_g0000000627_0_08.jpg

KoShiatar
09-21-2005, 08:59 PM

That I'm not sure... I'm thinking it's the trailer though.

Doesn't seem like anyone knows whether there are still any more shipments to be confirmed... sigh.

Too bad. I'm sure someone will rip it as they did the rest of the stuff as soon as they put their hands on it and there's a chance I got filmed by the Japanese troupe :P

Greeneyes
09-22-2005, 11:39 AM
just that we, or rather I, do not know what's the production cap(though I did hear that it was 77777 sets, but I don't trust that number, it's just weird).

I do believe the production cap for the limited edition (LE) is 77777. This is indicated at the back of the key-chain that comes with the LE set. For instance, if your set is the 50000th one out of 77777 sets, it's engraved as 50000 / 77777 at the back of the keychain.

For those who don't know what Kinokuniya is, it's actually a book store which engages in the sales of Japanese imported items, which in this case is FFVII: AC. They do import other things like anime, music but most of the time they have manga, novels, magazines, straight from Japan.

Which country are you located in? Just curious.

Greeneyes
09-22-2005, 12:07 PM

-Making-Of footage
-A cup
-A t-shirt
-A key holder
-PlayStation One RPG Final Fantasy VII International (this four-disc set will come in a special packaging)

There is no cup. It's merely a grey, tube-shaped container for the black colored cap. You could use it as a pen-holder though.

Also, the "voice recording-enabled libretto replica" is in fact a Japanese language scriptbook/dialogue book of the movie. It's useless if you can't read Kanji/Katakana/Hiragana (what the Japanese language comprises of) .

Kai Seraph
09-22-2005, 12:40 PM

The content of the limited edition's DVD are as follows:
-Final Fantasy VII: Advent Children movie (length: 97 minutes)
-Final Fantasy VII Digest (length: 30 minutes)
-Final Fantasy VII: Advent Children Official trailer (length: 2 minutes)
-Compilation of Final Fantasy VII Trailer (length: 10 minutes)

-Making-Of footage
-A cup
-A t-shirt
-A key holder

OOT: Ah yes, Shlup, it's been a while since I've last been around here, it's good to see you still alive and kicking xD

Thanks for the extra info though. I'm hoping yesasia will still have a batch of the limited edition sets coming in, or preferably lik-sang, they seem to offer good prices.

To answer Greeneyes, I'm from Singapore. I first joined EoFF around 5+ years ago, flitting in and out of existence on the forums. And this place is pretty much where I know I can get good info from, I never trusted any other sites apart from EoFF. :D

A friend of mine also got some info that a shop was still selling the LE DVD Set (last one) somewhere near my place, but it's a whopping S$750 which amounts to around USD$440. While I am hardcore... I tend to contradict myself when money matters come into the picture, so i'm not buying that set, unless I've exhausted all other options.

And hopefully, I haven't exhausted them all... yet. *hopes*

Greeneyes
09-23-2005, 05:11 AM
For those who don't know, when you're watching the DVD movie, wait until the end credits finish. There's a pleasant surprise at the end. :cool: