PDA

View Full Version : Your ideal VII remake?

Seto Fett
09-20-2005, 08:36 PM
Assuming they do create a remake, what would you like to see in it? I'm asking this because a lot of the other threads that are discussing the possibility of a remake sometimes mention a particular thing they'd like to see or an edit that should be made. You may be a purist, who absolutely depises if they add anything or even change dialogue. *cough*Are sick*cough* Or, if you're like me, you'd like to see additional stuff and extras in the remake. I'd hope they keep the original script, except correct any grammar mistakes.

It would be neat in my opinion if they added some additional quests and extras, and maybe some unlockables to go with it. I'm one of those guys that likes to see unlockable interviews, deleted levels/areas, rejected storyline boards, and that sort of stuff.

boys from the dwarf
09-20-2005, 09:07 PM
id want better graphics and exactly the same converstions though down to every single line apart from the grammar errors like "bizzaro enegy". id want better looking movement and stuff to make it more realistic and the good graphic fmvs to have graphics like on advent children. id also want a few extra materias and a few of the rumours made real(not ridiculous ones like revive aeris and cheese weapon.). so id want it exactly the same but better and more realistic graphic wise with a few extraz.

KoShiatar
09-20-2005, 10:01 PM
A few optional extra quests that reveal more of the ongoing story or about the past (kind of like Lucrecia's flashback in the cave: you don't have to see it to finish the game, but it helps you a great deal to understand Vincent's story). Nothing that modifies or contradicts the main storyline, obviously.
A lot of good FMV's.
Rearranged music for real instruments (like they did in AC).
Dialogues with a translation as faithful as ever.
Marvellous graphics (of course).
Bonuses and extras galore.
Whatever.

Carl the Llama
09-20-2005, 10:11 PM
[TR][TD]Id want to be able to make the tiny bronko flyable and also id want there to be other chocobo's like the red and so on (without special abilitys) made availible on the world map, then id like the battle square to evolve and to make it like the monster arena in ffx but as an extra you could fight other characters in your party (as i know this would please the people that want to kill aeris) and bosses to, also id like a save game plus like in ffx-2 where for instance if you got a 100% ending something good would happen (like for instance if you got the 100% ending you could get to see an interview of the great man himself or somthing like that), then id like it to be able to have a boss fighting sort of thing (like in MGS 2) and id like to be able to play about with the movies (also like in MGS 2) you can imagin it Nanaki comes flying down with the masamune in his paws stabbing cloud in the back saying somthing like "hahaha i bet you didnt know im really Sephiroth's pet and spy, hahahahaha"

Winter Nights
09-20-2005, 10:13 PM
Vincent and Yuffie in the end credits.

d£v!l'$ ph0£n!x
09-20-2005, 10:14 PM
I'd like the rejected storys, alt endings etc like sephy. i crave that stuff

I'd like the entire game to be like the graphics on the tech demo. i mean lets face it ther arent any fmv's anyway.

extra sidequests, more materia (some support summons like on ffviii with cerberus, carbuncle . . .etc).

MORE LIMITS!!! YEAH!!!

Kawaii Ryûkishi
09-20-2005, 10:18 PM
Improved graphics and music, and maybe a decent translation this time.

Dreddz
09-20-2005, 11:07 PM
A good translation, lots of side quests/ dungeons. And some good graphics. All the original scores from the first game ( so good ).
And errrrr, maybe a new character or sumin. Or maybe a character from another FF making an appearance. I dunno really.....

Mercen-X
09-20-2005, 11:15 PM
I've already been working on a remake of the game ever since I played the original. I'm a nit-picking little bastard, bite me!
There are problems during play of any game or movie that I can't help but pick up on. Sometimes, when on an anime site, I read posts about how horrible the voice-acting is on some anime in the US. While I can agree a lot of the time, most of them just sound like idiots. They're like sheep, following the crowd yet making arguments that sound ridiculous.
I, on the other hand, really do know what I'm doing. I've been writing since I was 11 living up in sunny and fresh Clear Lake.

As for the remake, if Square makes one before I can submit my suggestions to them, this is what I'd hope was in there.

1. Voice-acting. Vocalization of the in-game dialogue should eliminate all of those DAMNED typos and mistranslations that appeared in the original.
2. There are times when having a literal translation in the subtitles is helpful if not necessary. No typos.
3. Game graphics. Okay, I don't have software for this, so I can't begin to imagine how tough it is to make a decent character (or anything else). I don't have outrageous expectations of the graphics. I really liked the style seen in VIII (though many might disagree).
4. Battles. I'd like the battleground to be a little less bland and repetitive. Each area of the world is different. What do Cloud and the others run all the way back to specific point to fight and then run back? (that's a joke . . . I know, it's not funny)
5. Party. I'd like your two chosen side-liners to follow you around like Donald and Goofy. That is, they're with you, but they don't follow you're precise path. It's always been confusing to see only Cloud as a representation of his group when there's only supposed to be three to show in the first place. I'd also like it if Cloud were not the adamant character. I think many of us have had enough of him.
6. Okay, this is just me. Games like Star Ocean, Shadow Hearts, and Xenosaga all get me riled. In a good way. I'm a reader, I like reading. The detailed information and descriptions given of people, places, events, items and whatever else needs it is alway fun for me. So I'd like there to be more in-game descriptions like for the Items and Limit Breaks. Not just "Damage one opponent." Oh! Don't forget the monsters.

DJZen
09-21-2005, 12:39 AM
http://www.strizzuth.com/images/ff7GBC.gif

KentaRawr!
09-21-2005, 12:47 AM

Well, you can only put in 4 letters, so thats Clod, Vinc, and Tifa.

cid7
09-21-2005, 01:20 AM
all i want is them to make the game with better graphics and voice acting and for them to keep the stroy and gameplay exactly like it is

Crazy4Tidus
09-21-2005, 02:32 AM
I wish Yuffie and Vincent werent secret characters. It would be neat if they were a bigger part of the story (not so much Yuffie but MORE VINCENT :D ). And of course better graphics, voice actors, ect.

Such Great Heights
09-21-2005, 04:52 AM
I don't care about voice acting all that much. One of my biggest annoyances with the game is sometimes you have to be in a VERY PRECISE spot to use something-a ladder, whatever. Maybe this is just a problem with the PC port, but it is terribly annoying.

What everyone else has said, basically. I'd love to see a remixed soundtrack, maybe re-recorded to sound better and more orchestrated tracks, like "Aeris' Theme" and especially the orchestrated main theme from "Reunion." I haven't seen it, but maybe the content from "Last Order" could be added. Maybe the whole Shinra Mansion scenario expanded as a whole.

There's also this one bit, where you're meant to go to Gold Saucer to regroup before Temple of the Ancients. I can't recall ANY hint that you're supposed to go there. There's just a few points in the game where it's not exploration, it's "What on Earth is going on?"

Shin Gouken
09-21-2005, 10:28 AM
they should totally play the black mages version of the boss theme tune :P

and they should do something with the summons!! the summons are so poor in this game! kotr is cheap but that aside, once you get bahamut zero, there is no other need for any other summon in the game. even if something has an elemental weakness to leviathan, why use him when bahamut zero will always do 9999hp damage anyway. i dont think much effort was put into there summons

ISRviper
09-21-2005, 05:37 PM
I would like to see an uncensored version of the game so we can finnaly figure out what $@#%!@# and $^%@&^$ mean exactly.

ScottNUMBERS
09-21-2005, 11:15 PM

:love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love:

FFX_fanatiq
09-22-2005, 03:35 AM
aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

Winter Nights
09-22-2005, 03:37 AM
I would just like some emphasis on her death. Maybe a slowmo sequence of the blade going through or showing it from several different angles.... Mwahahaha!!! :D :D :D

ThroneofDravaris
09-22-2005, 04:35 AM
Just as long as they make it really crap, I don't mind.

Sephex
09-22-2005, 04:35 AM
I am more worried that they will overdo the remake. I don't care if they alter scenes, but I don't want them to "Twin Snake" the remake (for the record, I thought the MGS:TS was a good remake, but they overdid a lot of scenes).

Anyway, I have this horrible vision of Square-Enix making something as simple as Cloud's "Braver" limit a 40 second long attack with 1,000 camera angles.

Winter Nights
09-22-2005, 04:45 AM
Anyway, I have this horrible vision of Square-Enix making something as simple as Cloud's "Braver" limit a 40 second long attack with 1,000 camera angles.
As long as they have a "Short" mode like FFX summons, that would prolly be awesome to see the first time. :cool:

Light Mage
09-22-2005, 10:20 AM
I want this in my FFVII remake:

Cid: Hello dear friends. How are you on this fine evening?
Aeris: STFU BIZZOTCH! I'LL @#$% YOU UP!
Cid: T_T
Aeris: STOP CRYING! *smack*
But I'd also like Jennifer Lien to do the voice of Aeris in one of her FMV cut-scenes.

Carl the Llama
09-22-2005, 11:30 PM
I want this in my FFVII remake:

Cid: Hello dear friends. How are you on this fine evening?
Aeris: STFU BIZZOTCH! I'LL @#$% YOU UP!
Cid: T_T
Aeris: STOP CRYING! *smack*
But I'd also like Jennifer Lien to do the voice of Aeris in one of her FMV cut-scenes.
[TR][TD]if they are going to make a ffvii remake it wont have fmv, the tech demo is in game graphics, and id imagin they would talk all the way through like in ffx, which id like to see esp the death sceen

tl2e3le4f
09-23-2005, 03:24 AM
I hope it comes out for the PC not just PS3, but not with all the crashes and bugs. Better graphics, fmvs, voice actors, more materia, sidequests, limit breaks, moves look better, etc.

Winter Nights
09-23-2005, 04:59 AM
I hope it comes out for the PC not just PS3, but not with all the crashes and bugs. Better graphics, fmvs, voice actors, more materia, sidequests, limit breaks, moves look better, etc.
Keep hoping.

edczxcvbnm
09-23-2005, 06:04 AM
I would want some new content. I would want them to have the ability to revive Aeris at a specific point in the second disc and branch the story in a whole new alternate direction. We all know the real path but to be able to play a new alternate history to the game would be interesting and fun. It would give us new dungons, bosses, story, materia. I would be a lot of fun and it would be unexpected.

I would also like a bit more elaboration on vincent and yuffie. Maybe incorporate them into the plot more than just optional characters.

More optional areas to goto that unveil a more detailed and chronological history to the world. More stuff like in that snow town or in the shinra library. There is a rich history to the world and to be able to learn it would be great.

As mentioned before, a more accurate translation would be a God send. The nolespole. What the fuck was that person thinking?

Slade
09-23-2005, 11:38 AM
My ideal FFVII remake? No remake at all, THAT would be ideal.

Light Mage
09-23-2005, 02:25 PM
Cloud and Tifa have babies, but one of the babies is African-Midgarian and Cloud knows that Tifa's been cheating with Barret so he busts him up.

Then runs off and shacks up with Aeris, and they have babies. But one of those babies is a Nanaki so cloud busts Nanaki up but Aeris says it was Hojo's fault so Cloud busts Mojo Hojo up instead.

*sigh*

Gaomajiro
09-23-2005, 04:48 PM
I think I'd like the Dawn of Souls treatment personally ~ an extra dungeon with bosses/characters/enemies from other games in the franchise and perhaps additional side-quests and characters providing they complimented the central storyline. As a personal gripe I'd also like the option to play the game through with spoken Japanese dialogue if they're going to insist on speech during the FMV sequences (one of the biggest flaws, in my mind, of Kingdom Hearts was its Princess Mononoke-lite Western vocal cast).

And, just to be awkward, I'd like some kind of acknowledgement of your PSX memory card save. I don't care how, I'd just like them to acknowledge it and allow you to access those variants of your characters perhaps within a special arena of some kind ~ nothing that would knock the game out of balance by giving you too many advantages in the main quest but something to at least pat you on the back for working so hard on the previous incarnation of the game.

Crop
09-23-2005, 05:24 PM
My ideal remake would be NO remake.

edczxcvbnm
09-23-2005, 05:25 PM
They would allow Jap voices I would think just because the Blue Ray discs are 56 Gigs in space. Something tells me they can spare it :D

Hellza
09-23-2005, 06:46 PM
I think it would be cool if when you go to the basement of the shinra mansion and other libraries in the game, you could read up more on people, and materia, and all sorts of little things about the story and game, and maby when your ead some books its shows a cut sceen to get more into detail about sephiroth and zack, and vincent.

Light Mage
09-23-2005, 08:22 PM
I think I'd like the Dawn of Souls treatment personally ~ an extra dungeon with bosses/characters/enemies from other games in the franchise and perhaps additional side-quests and characters providing they complimented the central storyline. As a personal gripe I'd also like the option to play the game through with spoken Japanese dialogue if they're going to insist on speech during the FMV sequences (one of the biggest flaws, in my mind, of Kingdom Hearts was its Princess Mononoke-lite Western vocal cast).

And, just to be awkward, I'd like some kind of acknowledgement of your PSX memory card save. I don't care how, I'd just like them to acknowledge it and allow you to access those variants of your characters perhaps within a special arena of some kind ~ nothing that would knock the game out of balance by giving you too many advantages in the main quest but something to at least pat you on the back for working so hard on the previous incarnation of the game.

Yeah, at lease give David that-guy-from-Angel some coffee or something to wake him up before shoving him into the recording studio. "Leon" sounded like he was either permanently half asleep or on dope.

What about a portrait gallery in someone's house, or the Gold Saucer, that has the images from your PSX card as the paintings?

Zack Kameri
09-23-2005, 09:46 PM
I would like to see some new graphics like they used for the Tech demo at e-3, similar to advent children. I would like there to be a spechial things, like 'reverse rebirth' for Kh: Com, where you play from either Sephs point of view or someone elses. But, i would also like there to be a quest where you play as someone esle, his name is Zach. YES, THAT ZACH. He is a major player, it would be hard without him. I think he deserves his own side quest, a flash back of sorts.

Winter Nights
09-23-2005, 10:48 PM
But, i would also like there to be a quest where you play as someone esle, his name is Zach. YES, THAT ZACH. He is a major player, it would be hard without him. I think he deserves his own side quest, a flash back of sorts.
They are already making that. It's called Crisis Core, it'll be for PSP.

Mercen-X
09-23-2005, 11:11 PM
Zack: A Prelude

Zack is traveling with a half-conscious Cloud in the back of a truck. Zack talks about his current situation. They come to Midgar and Zack notices MPs approaching. You battle the platoon of MPs and Zack returns to Cloud. After being shot he flashes back to the events prior.
Zack has recently joined soldier and is accompanying Sephiroth and a bunch of MPs to Nibelheim to investigate strange occurrences at the reactor.
Zack wanders around, exploring the town and eventually, he and the others are off with Tifa toward the reactor. During the trip, one of the two accompanying MPs is lost after a fall off the bridge. How they later returned to town is anyone's guess.
While Cloud watches Tifa outside, Zack learns of the crimes of Hojo and watches Sephiroth begin his descent into madness. He later tells all of this to Cloud, venting his anxiety and frustration.
The big to-do of this quest is fighting Sephiroth. Win or lose (explainable as this is mere memory, which can be deluded), Zack pulls Cloud out of the Mako tanks and returns to reality where he is shot to death.

The White Sword: Sephiroth

Sephiroth learns of his creation and creates a fantasy of grandeur in which he is the sole heir to the planet as Jenova's "son." Deluding himself into believing Jenova was an Ancient who settled the planet, he hates all mankind for what they've done to "her" and the planet and the rest of the Ancients.
So his goal is to unlock the Ancient's Temple, obtain the Black Materia, and summon the destructive Meteor to cripple the planet.
When the planet's spiritual energy converges on the wound to heal it, Sephiroth will be their to inherit it.
However, along the way, he'll battle Avalanche and Shinra.

Gaomajiro
09-23-2005, 11:15 PM
Yeah, at lease give David that-guy-from-Angel some coffee or something to wake him up before shoving him into the recording studio. "Leon" sounded like he was either permanently half asleep or on dope.

Hah! That guy...I really don't understand the thinking behind some of the casting. Watching the trailer of FFX last night (which I really should start playing now I've finished Shadow Hearts) didn't give me much faith in the voice talent on offer there either. But I digress...

What about a portrait gallery in someone's house, or the Gold Saucer, that has the images from your PSX card as the paintings?

I think that would be a great idea and a really nice/subtle nod to the progress you made in the original. ^_^

xX.Silver.Wings.Xx
10-02-2005, 02:28 PM
Id like em to fix all the text F-ups. and giv areis a miniskirt or somethin'. That dress of hers makes her look like shes gonna go into labor..... Make Vincent a proper character u dont have to F about to get....hes cool.....

bipper
10-02-2005, 03:20 PM
I liked Aries's look a lot. It seemed brilliant to give her a more cury (or so I though) body. The RPG stnadard of a tiny chick kicking ass with magical powers is so redundant.

I think they ruined aries by making her all pettite in AC now. BOO!

Rubix
10-03-2005, 01:21 PM
Hmmm, I would keep most of it the same. I would keep the battle systems and level ups the same. Obvious change would be Graphics and Voice acting (But find better actors then FFX). The mini games could be improved and maybe add a couple more in. I would also include Vincent and Yuffie in the movies and ending.

The ability to turn off watching the summons would also be a good idea.

kratos_GoS
10-03-2005, 05:39 PM
i would like to see drain
and the jump ability for Cid

Skyblade
10-03-2005, 06:55 PM
i would like to see drain
and the jump ability for Cid

Cid has Boost Jump, Hyper Jump, Dragon Dive...

KoShiatar
10-03-2005, 09:42 PM
He sure means it as a regular ability and not as a Limit Break.

Seto Fett
10-03-2005, 11:44 PM
Yeah, I think he's referring to the ability related to what Freya used in IX. Where she jumped up out of the battle for several turns then slamming back down at the enemy. A useful skill...:)

druinmaster
10-04-2005, 01:03 AM
I'd want a psp remake with some added features graphics mean little to me just gimme portability so I can play it while I wait on a bus I liked the old grammer errors they remind me of the first rpg I ever played and if they changed too much I would march up to squre-enix with a AK-47 and c-4 strapped to my body and give them all a one way ticket to hell wait where did I put my meds....

The_Great_Question
10-04-2005, 01:48 AM
Well I think my Ideal FF7 Remake wouldnt be much of a remake but a great CG Movie which takes place 2 years after Sephiroth(All Hail) is defeated by Cloud. It should have stuff like a deadly virus caused by Jenova, Stunning Bike Battles, a cool looking sword for Cloud, three new baddies who try to revive Sephiroth (All Hail) and loads of matrix style flying.

Like My Idea Square Enix?

Rengori
10-04-2005, 02:24 AM
Improved graphics and music, and maybe a decent translation this time.
THIS GUY ARE SICK is as classic as YOU SPOONY BARD.

DarkLord
10-06-2005, 03:58 PM
Well I think my Ideal FF7 Remake wouldnt be much of a remake but a great CG Movie which takes place 2 years after Sephiroth(All Hail) is defeated by Cloud. It should have stuff like a deadly virus caused by Jenova, Stunning Bike Battles, a cool looking sword for Cloud, three new baddies who try to revive Sephiroth (All Hail) and loads of matrix style flying.
Like My Idea Square Enix?
Hail!

I'd want a psp remake with some added features graphics mean little to me just gimme portability so I can play it while I wait on a bus I liked the old grammer errors they remind me of the first rpg I ever played and if they changed too much I would march up to squre-enix with a AK-47 and c-4 strapped to my body and give them all a one way ticket to hell wait where did I put my meds....
...And I'll be right behind you with the weight of the Ultima Weapon, my best buddies Ruby and Emerald weapon and Highwind mk 2 (The one that I made out of cardboard), Ooh, and my Masamune. :p

Demonicsephiroth
10-14-2005, 12:21 AM
Assuming they do create a remake, what would you like to see in it? I'm asking this because a lot of the other threads that are discussing the possibility of a remake sometimes mention a particular thing they'd like to see or an edit that should be made. You may be a purist, who absolutely depises if they add anything or even change dialogue. *cough*Are sick*cough* Or, if you're like me, you'd like to see additional stuff and extras in the remake. I'd hope they keep the original script, except correct any grammar mistakes.

It would be neat in my opinion if they added some additional quests and extras, and maybe some unlockables to go with it. I'm one of those guys that likes to see unlockable interviews, deleted levels/areas, rejected storyline boards, and that sort of stuff. If they only add or change one thing let it be a fight with Sephiroth not a form the one and only undefatable Sephiroth

Shoden
10-14-2005, 12:27 AM
Sephiroth with his divine wing as the final boss instead of safer Sephiroth.

Dinnova
10-14-2005, 04:27 PM
My idea of a remake would be as follows:
1: Have the main part of the game in 3rd person, With the ability to move the camera angles.
2: Have randomize weather. That would add a nice new element to the game. Example, if its rainning and your outside too long, your characters can get sick. Then if you want the rain to go away, you stay at an inn to change the weather, or wait it out.
3:Night and Day. Have the game swich form night to day. Have differnet enimies come out during the night and day. Either have the night and day thing run at time intervals(zelda), or have it sync with the accual time in real life. The only problem I can c with this is that when they say the meteor is going to hit in a week..... but then they can add more or less.
4: Have the battle set up like FFX(with the being able to swich through characters during battle). Keep them as randomize encounters
5: better graphics, music, dialog, ect.

neways, those are just some of the ideas i have.

DarknessFromAbove
10-14-2005, 05:44 PM
Make a NEW FF that's better than VII (if that's possible) ^_^

Hugomand
10-14-2005, 06:27 PM
I would like to have a choice between FAST-RPG and Slow RPG (aka. Kingdom hearts style, and classic) and then I would also like to have 3 different views in the story. One where you follow Cloud, one where you follow sephiroth, or one where you follow The Turks. And of course Voice Acting :)

Sephitachi7
10-17-2005, 03:34 PM
Hey people, I don''t know if anybody said this before but if a remake does come out for the PS3 there won't be any need for FMV's. The in-game graphics alone would look awesome and more real than FMV's. So now you will not see only primary character in the last FMV because it won't be an FMV it'll be the real game graphics, so Yuffie and Vincent will be included.

As for me, I would love PS3 graphics, more weapons, a little more materias, more sidequests (maybe that cave sidequest they supposedly never finished near forgotten capital), a little more to do underwater besides sunken genilka and emerald, and music in orchestrated form, not midi. That would be awesome. I would pre-order a year or two before it comes out.

Dinnova
10-17-2005, 04:11 PM
Imagin, if they did the remake, wut the Weapons would look like(The big monsters, not swords and stuff. Clouds Ultimate weapon would look amazing though:hyper:).