PDA

View Full Version : Soul Calibur 3

Brian The Pink Shark
09-20-2005, 09:56 PM
Anyone pre-ordered their copy yet, i have

what features of the new game are you looking forward to most :choc:

Dreddz
09-20-2005, 10:15 PM
I want the create a character to go. Somehow makes the main characters pointless if you can have your Ideal characters. I want Online, but its not gonna happen. Im not too excited with SC3. But will still get it.........

ZeZipster
09-20-2005, 11:26 PM
I'll be pretty happy if SC3 has Xbox Live compatibility.

Dreddz
09-21-2005, 12:31 AM
isnt SC3 a PS2 exclusive ?

XxSephirothxX
09-21-2005, 12:33 AM
Yup. It would be pretty incredible if it had Xbox Live compatibility. :p

KentaRawr!
09-21-2005, 01:28 AM
I wish it would be online. Though, I can't wait to see why the Competition mode had a huge list of Profiles showing how many times people lost/won in that IGN Video. o_o It also said: "Compete in Tournaments and Leagues!" :confused:

They probably do this to make me go crazy. :mad:

Well, anyways, Character Creation is what I am looking forward to most.

ZeZipster
09-21-2005, 02:19 AM
Oh... I feel like a doofus now. I thought it'd be like SC2.

Mindflare
09-21-2005, 04:52 AM
Looks good, but I hope they get the character creation right. Looks a bit generic from what I've seen.

Mo-Nercy
09-21-2005, 05:36 AM
Cassandra's new pink shield.

SCORE!! :love: :love: :love:

Also being able to use Siegfreid (sp?) again. If he has the same movelist as the old Siegy, then Nightmare's getting the boot because there's simply no comparison between the two. Siegfreid > Nightmare.

The character creation thing doesn't really wow me, but it's an interesting addition.

I've also been rummaging around for some sort of news that it'll be released in the arcades too. I know the phrase of the day here is "PS2 exclusive" but a high profile fighting game of Soul Calibur's prowess should definitely be thrown into the dim lights of arcades across the world (at least until the next Tekken comes out and steals back all my human opponents). I truly do miss the satisfaction of beating up human strangers, participating in tournaments and hearing people behind you gasp in awe of your ass-kicking-ness.

Being online wouldn't cut it for me anyway. It'll save me a lot of money in the long run (I've probably spent about 400+ at the arcades just on SC2) but the atmosphere of arcade gaming is what keeps me going back. Sort of like how people prefer playing LAN at cafes even though they could play at home.

Brian The Pink Shark
09-21-2005, 04:45 PM
Looks good, but I hope they get the character creation right. Looks a bit generic from what I've seen.

actually from what ive seen it seems quite vast and specific :choc:

Aphelion
09-21-2005, 05:45 PM
I just hope the fighting mechanics are still easy to handle. I'm not saying there isn't any depth in SCII's fighting mechanics, but it was fun not knowing anything and still being able to fight as I did. :D

Traitorfish
09-21-2005, 11:08 PM
I always love character creation. I bought WWE Raw 2 just for that. It only cost £7, though. I'd make the biggest, meanest samurai I could. One that would make Mitsurugi look like a little, admittedly hairy, boy playing with swords. And possibly some sort of lemon-person. Depends how I'm feeling. I may go with apples...

Brian The Pink Shark
09-22-2005, 04:44 PM
go with star-fruit thats what i always say :choc:

Mo-Nercy
09-23-2005, 08:18 AM
According to sources, it has been confirmed that Soul Calibur 3 is PS2 exclusive, which excludes even arcades, where fighting games make most of their money.

Mo is angry. :mad2:

Apparently, tournaments will still be held for SC3, but it WON'T be Namco co-ordinated. So it'll be up to SC players to do it all themselves. As of today, only an American national has been organised, to be held in Chicago upon the game's release.

Ghey.

Ralph
09-23-2005, 02:36 PM
Character creation seems very popular, but I'm very interested in the Chronicles Of The Soul mode too.

Lady Selphie
09-23-2005, 07:01 PM
http://soulcalibur3.namco.com/

ljkkjlcm9
09-23-2005, 07:09 PM
i find it hilarious that they said how much they expanded their fan base by having the guest characters, and now they plan on expanding even more with the character creation thing.... but releasing exclusive for the PS3... that doesn't make sense to me, especially considering the GC version out sold the other two... they're just going to lost fans on the other systems that would have bought it

THE JACKEL

Dreddz
09-23-2005, 09:07 PM
exclusive for the PS3.
PS2 actually....

ljkkjlcm9
09-23-2005, 09:21 PM
exclusive for the PS3.
PS2 actually....
sorry that's what I meant

THE JACKEL