PDA

View Full Version : Deeper into the eyes of the children... (most surelly will include spoilers)

Lion
09-20-2005, 10:14 PM
Well, first off, please pardon my exitement, but, this movie rocks :) *clears throat* Thank you, now to carry on, i just have to bow down to another great FF title... It's overwhelming... the detail on everything... the story... *speechless* At first glance the ending is just a solid end to another great adventure, but, I noticed something... After Cloud defeats Sepiroth, and Kadaj's two companions manage to defeat him... He drifts away into a totally white space (remember FF VIII, after the battle with Ultimecia...), where he once again listens to a voice from the past (Matron, anyone ?)... And afterwards... in the church, note the movie's last lines:

Aeris: "You're all right now, aren't you ?"
Cloud: "Yeah"
*Light slowlly fills the room*
Cloud: "I..."
*The light gets ever more present*
Cloud: "I'm not alone..."
*The light swallows everything*

Now, if we take a look to FF VIII's ending, note the conversation between Squall and Matron:

Matron: "Will you be alright on your own?"
Squall: "Yes...."
Squall: "Because I'm not alone.... If I call out, they will answer"

Well.... please post any comments/disaproovals/anything... :) I'm just thinking there's a parallel between AC and FF VIII...

PS. What a coincidence.... that moment in FF VIII's been my sig for years

Winter Nights
09-20-2005, 10:27 PM
Well, considering that the main plot of AC is a cheap rip of the Reunion plot in FF7. it doesn't surprise me that they ripped the ending from FF8. It all works well, but it is clearly not original.

Lion
09-21-2005, 06:30 AM
Yeah, and the fight scenes seem taken fron DragonBall Z. I mean, come on :D, Tifa jumping off doors and walls and throwing her opponent around while in mid-air :) I mean, i all looks great, but it's not really FF-like. Oh and here's another interesting one:

Tifa: "Cloud can do anything he sets his mind to."

While in DragonBall Z :) you hear this line a thousand times along the series :)

Koren: "Goku can do anything he sets his mind to."

Riiiiight.... It might be just me, but that great fight against Sepiroth... Doesn't it look a bit DBZ-like as well ? :) And that field where Cloud ocasionally drifts away and sees Aeris, doesn't it look formidablly the same as the one in Final Fantasy VIII ? :)

Shoden
09-21-2005, 09:58 PM
Would help if you knew what Tifa could do. She trained in martial arts so that stuff is easy for her.

AC has sense of logic and realism, DBZ never tells you logic and /xxx.gif/xxx.gif/xxx.gif/xxx.gif. All they do is fight for 200 episodes then some other dipstick comes along.

Winter Nights
09-21-2005, 10:18 PM
Yeah, cause any martial arts must have been stolen from DBZ. Especially when most of the major moves Tifa used were from the game. And DBZ never had many sword fights, so not sure how that could be similar.

Shoden
09-21-2005, 10:47 PM
DBZ was all god moding.

When Goku dies he gets brought back.

When Aeris dies she just gets dumped into the nearest lake.

Lion
09-22-2005, 06:38 AM
Yeah, I agree, no sword fights in DragonBall Z. My bad :D Exepct for Trunks but that's another story. But I can't say AC has much realism in it... I mean come on :) Cloud beeing pushed higher and higher up a 200/300 metre column and then, by defying all laws, he manages to push through one of Bahamut's Blasts and kills the fabled summon with one hit. Right... Back to the origial idea, I don't think Square just made the movies ending unconditionally related to FF VIII. I mean it's not like they had a little chat at a cup of tea: "Oooh look, let's just steal the ending from FF VIII and then we'll be ok". I'm guesing that as in many of they're games, there's a message behind their idea. Maybe this was just thrown in to please the FF VIII fans as well, although I'm not really excluding the idea that the script just had theese last lines (or the idea that my subtitles are messed up). Opinions, anyone ? :)

Winter Nights
09-22-2005, 07:19 AM
And you found the fights in the game realistic? ;)

Jippedo
09-22-2005, 09:39 AM
Lion,
*snip*[!] Never before in my life have I ever wanted to run head first into a brick wall more than when I was reading your post, as to dull the pain of the tremendous stupidity. [/!] Holy crap, DBZ and Final Fantasy have some similarities, wait no they don't *snip* [!] your just a moron. [/!] Comparing DBZ and Final Fantasy is like comparing Scooby doo and Mr. Ed based on the fact that they can both talk. As for you comment about the same lines being used...I...you... there are no words for how stupid that is GOOD LORD! You know what my mom, dad, and third grade teacher all said those exact words about me. Those bastards they must have been ripping off from DBZ too. I feel so betrayed :(. Lastly, as far as the endings of AC and FFVIII being similar its called good cinematography deal with it. *snip* [!] Now, please stop wasting our time with your dumb theories and leave DBZ out of this forum. Oh! and go outside. [/!]

Warmest Regards,
Jippedo

flaming other members is not allowed here. ---RSL

Russielloyd
09-22-2005, 02:52 PM
And to Follow on from what Jippedo said...

Lion why dont you complain about the fights in the games, there most unrealistic part of the games. Can you imagine if the fight scenes in this movie, tifa and loz standing opposite each other about 10 yeards from each other taking turns to hit each other, very exciting...NOT!

And there is a reason why Cloud can be pushed up into the air 200 or so metres, bust up Buhamut in one death blowing move and why Tifa can do un-imaginable moves. If you do remember, the movie is called Final "FANTASY" (see how i capitlise Fantasy) is because the movie is a Fantasy(anything can happen), plus the super human powers they all carry.

Stop picking at the movie and just enjoy it.

Lion
09-22-2005, 09:49 PM
Maybe if you would have read the whole post you wouldn't be so jumpy :P. I really enjoyed the movie, a lot, and even if the movie would have been crap, i'd still have enjoyed it because at the bottom line: It's Final Fantasy, and as far as i'm concerned, i'm a fan (like everyone here is). As for my comment about AC not beeing realistic, i was just answering Shoden, but as i already stated, maybe you would have gotten to that conclussion if you would have read the entire post.

Lastly, as far as the endings of AC and FFVIII being similar its called good cinematography deal with it.

Well, maybe there's more behind it rather than just "good cinematography", I'm not picking on it, I'm just asking for an opinion and really now, have you ever pondered, at least for a moment, that there's something special beneath the "courtain" of the game ? You think Ultimecia represents evil ? Well ...yes... she does of course, but it's more than that... Ultimecia simbolizes time, deeds, memories, tears and broken ideals. She is the last border one would face, and still, she is the first one as well. She is out of nothing, she is deep but never sad, always smiling although never moving her cheek. She is your worst nightmare and still a simple figurant next to the ideal of life. Sorry for the off-topic, and sorry for getting myself drawn into FF VIII. Of course this has nothing to do with AC's ending, but maybe it's something just as deep as Ultimecia's character is.

Russielloyd
09-23-2005, 12:47 AM
Sorry, i just saw this post and it sounded like a slanging match to see who could pick out the most faults, if you hear see something bad you instantly react to that, and thats what i did.

Noone can anything bad about this this, except that you cant play it.

And to say its copying other stuff is senseless, Its just a genre that pans out to the category that its in and in Anime, specially in Final Fantasy, you always gonna get the happy ending, its just the way it goes, your hardly gonna expect anything different are you.

cool of words, ok.

Where suppost to say how Pixar are nothing compare to Square-Enix and saying how georgous Aries loooked lol. Hopefully English dubbing doesnt ruining this for people who cant be bothered to read subs.

=Angelus=
09-24-2005, 01:56 PM

When Goku dies he gets brought back.

When Aeris dies she just gets dumped into the nearest lake.

:D nice one... i guess Cloud dumped her? hahahahaha... jkjkjkjkjkjk!! (Shouldn't Yuffie steal Cloud's heart?)

the movie is called Final "FANTASY" (see how i capitlise Fantasy)
Actually its Phantasy, from old english, related to Phantoms, ghosts and other potentially make believe stories that...... (drones on and on like a boring english lecture)

PjO
09-25-2005, 05:24 AM
This movie can not possibly be judged on anything besides the phenominally bad plot-- but it's only phenominally bad if you're naive. The movie builds itself off of its prequel, and is meant mainly for the huge fanbase in Japan, as well as in other parts of the world. Based upon several of your opinions, I've decided to counter them with my own.

-----------

*Many pieces of the story are ripped from other final fantasy games, and so are the white fade-ins and outs:

--My response, is that, one, the many of the fabled "recent" Final Fantasy games have been written by the same man. Final Fantasy VII: Advent Children is also, logically, written by the same person who thought and fantasized and imagined and created with the stroke of keys what every single FF fan is enjoying right this moment. He can't be blamed for writing good, happy, or hopeful endings. Final Fantasy VII was unusually unfinished to me, at least, with almost no closure, and so is its sequel. Nevertheless it gave the most important conclusion to this legend it could; Aeris joining Zack in the Lifestream after she helps Cloud one, final time. This suggests, to a large majority, that Aeris is showing Cloud that she has returned to her former relationship, and that Cloud may move on. Other speculation is that the scene serves no purpose at all, which is strange, because normally something with no purpose doesn't exist. The white fade-ins involving scenes with Aeris have been used in, believe it or not, all Final Fantasy games. Usually for memories, illusions, or magic/divine intervention.

*The plot was just a way to show off all of Square-Enix's characters and to make way for upcoming games featuring Vincent and the Turks. And why the Hell is Tseng alive?

--Personally, I believe it is true that this movie is supposed to introduce mainly the characters that will be featured in upcoming games and other media to entertain and gain money. But then it also gives more closure to the entire story, as well as let the fanbase know that they're listening. ...Somewhat. As for Tseng, he was killed in the Temple of the Ancients in Final Fantasy VII, set two years before Advent Children. I'm unsure as to why he is still alive, but it is likely to be an error, which can be forgiven, because it's a miracle they've only made one mistake.

*The movie isn't realistic enough and the overall animation is sub-par.

--The movie is far more realistic and detailed than any other animated movie. Although the characters feature otherworldy strength, it may serve well to remind everyone that it is another world. Gaia, as announced by the writer of many a Final Fantasy games as well as this movie, Kazushige Nojima (http://www.imdb.com/name/nm1081992/). Every hair folicle, every lighting effect, every motion blur--all of it painstakingly animated over the course of many years. It is a great insult to say this movie has no value and that it lacks realism or emulates another movie or series, because there have been so many movies and series created and built upon that almost nothing is original anymore.

-----------

In my own, personal opinion, this movie was very well-developed, and very well-animated, although it could use more story, though I suppose I'm satisfied because, had they decided to more thoroughly depict the story, we would all have to wait longer for it to release, now, wouldn't we?

Thank you for taking the time to read my opinions, and please, do not take any contradictions as if they were threats upon your life, because they are not so. Please share your thoughts.

=Angelus=
09-25-2005, 05:41 AM
*The movie isn't realistic enough and the overall animation is sub-par.

--The movie is far more realistic and detailed than any other animated movie. Although the characters feature otherworldy strength, it may serve well to remind everyone that it is another world. Gaia, as announced by the writer of many a Final Fantasy games as well as this movie, Kazushige Nojima (http://www.imdb.com/name/nm1081992/). Every hair folicle, every lighting effect, every motion blur--all of it painstakingly animated over the course of many years. It is a great insult to say this movie has no value and that it lacks realism or emulates another movie or series, because there have been so many movies and series created and built upon that almost nothing is original anymore.

-----------

In my own, personal opinion, this movie was very well-developed, and very well-animated, although it could use more story, though I suppose I'm satisfied because, had they decided to more thoroughly depict the story, we would all have to wait longer for it to release, now, wouldn't we?
Well said.. my thoughts exactly after watchin advent children.. "whats gonna happen in Dirge of Cerberus? :D"

Emerald Aeris
09-25-2005, 09:47 PM
Well, considering that the main plot of AC is a cheap rip of the Reunion plot in FF7. it doesn't surprise me that they ripped the ending from FF8. It all works well, but it is clearly not original.

What I want to know is how a company can rip off itself WHEN MAKING A FRIGGIN' SEQUEL. Of course it's going to have a lot of parallels, it's the same world, same characters! What did you expect? Another completely different game crammed into 100 minutes? dfkjfkljg

Someone kill me.

Winter Nights
09-26-2005, 03:47 AM
Actually, parallels is one thing. That was practically the same plot as the game, slightly altered to fit new characters. It would have been nice to have a new story, not a cheap rip thrown together just so they can bring back Sephiroth.

Wedge
09-26-2005, 05:34 AM

While it could be considered a rip off, Cloud being 'alone' in FF7 was a very strong theme through out the game so having him say that in the game didn't make me think it was a rip off of FF8 but maybe the other way around?

One of Clouds aspects was that he had a forgotten history and to himself, he's alone without anybody (at the beginning of the game, he pretty much is). After the end of the game he seems to go into 'hiding' while dreading the people he lost (Zack and Aerith) and not embracing the people he has now.

Works fine for me.

Ohhh
09-26-2005, 09:08 PM
Oh My Gosh! I have just seen da movie and i just wanted to say that Reno is so funny and kewlies!! and denzel is SO cute >_< and cloud is (as expected) very hott and awsomely great fighter :D BUT i was so shocked that seph was only in it for like... 3 minutes WTF?!?!?! and kadaj just dissappearing WTF??!?!
but anyways it is great :love:

Dreddz
09-26-2005, 09:43 PM
thought you said you will wait for the dvd release........lier *points *

Ohhh
09-26-2005, 09:57 PM
lol well i gave into temptation... AHHH