PDA

View Full Version : FFII HELP!

OmniOmega
09-20-2005, 10:20 PM
ok, i cant even get past the first part of this game >_<

i got my party strong enough to take on the guards in fynn in just 5turns or less, and have reached up to the one town with snow(with and without the aircraft) but i still have no-idea what to actually do! am i suppossed to do something in fynn, or not even? where do i go now?

Peter_20
09-20-2005, 10:36 PM
ok, i cant even get past the first part of this game >_<

i got my party strong enough to take on the guards in fynn in just 5turns or less, and have reached up to the one town with snow(with and without the aircraft) but i still have no-idea what to actually do! am i suppossed to do something in fynn, or not even? where do i go now?
Don't care about Fynn right now.
This is the way:

You are supposed to finish the Mithril Mines and get Mithril for the people in Altair,
and then investigate the Warship in Bofsk.
Finished?
Then you should talk to people and ask around until you learn the word Goddess Bell.
Give that word to Josef in Salamand and he'll join you to the Ice Cave in search for this Goddess Bell.

The first part of this game consists of a lot of travelling to and from Altair, away and back, all the time.

DJZen
09-21-2005, 12:04 AM
The VERY first part of the game you're supposed to go to the pub in Fynn and tell the secret password to the bar man.

OmniOmega
09-21-2005, 02:02 AM
ok, i was wondering about the bar, but how do i get back there???? i got mad and just killed off the guard in my way like 50 times and he still wasnt gone and i gave up :(

DJZen
09-21-2005, 02:13 AM
There isn't a guard in your way. Go north, when you're outside the town gates go to your right, follow the town wall clockwise and you'll find the pub.

OmniOmega
09-21-2005, 02:21 AM
but the wall cuts off against the trees, does it help to tell you im playing the game boy version?

DJZen
09-21-2005, 04:03 AM
It doesn't matter, just follow it around, you'll get to the pub.

Starboard Regulator FlareNUKE
10-04-2005, 06:42 AM
There's a hidden way, north is an opening, normally you assume openings are leads to the World Map, but if you don't go all the way and turn right then down...You'll end up near the Pub,

Bahamut, King of Dragons
10-25-2005, 07:10 PM
damn, that takes some serious leveling to be able to take on those guards at the beginning of the game, they ate me for breakfast

DarkLadyNyara
10-25-2005, 07:36 PM
*cough*overleveled*cough*

Light Mage
10-26-2005, 07:27 PM
And you got that powerful without Minwu's help? Wow.

Cool :D

Captain Maxx Power
10-27-2005, 12:52 AM
*cough*overleveled*cough*

Yeah for the record those knights are supposed to pwn your ass first time you're there. I certainly can't take them on until I've at least done Castle Kashoun.

11-02-2005, 10:19 AM
Keep fighting until you get a bow!

It's odd how much you leveled, the idea of those enemies is that they supposed to beat the * out of you, why else when you win, they're still there

OmniOmega
11-04-2005, 10:05 PM
ok, dropped the game for awhile when my computer was screwing up, picked it back up, and I've sone the bar thing, and got the word Mythril. I went to that town up in the snow and talked to the old crazy guy in the house, but now i cant find that summit falls or whatever, where do i go? I've been wandering around for like 2 hours just trying to get my thunder to go up a level since im stuck, but dang after lvl9 that bar barely moves!!! all my people have gold armor and flame bows, the strongest spells at fairley high levels, and yah im WAY overleveled. but where is this stupid cave thing?!?!?!?

DJZen
11-04-2005, 10:12 PM
Go west and follow the lake. Sheesh, they explain this stuff in the game.

OmniOmega
11-04-2005, 10:15 PM
they do? wait...i went west as far as i could, i got cut off by a small stream that looked rather shallow :| it was kinda depressing.

DJZen
11-04-2005, 10:21 PM
Please tell me you have the canoe...

OmniOmega
11-04-2005, 10:26 PM
no :|

and who is minwu???(havent heard in game, just in a post above)

DJZen
11-04-2005, 10:32 PM

Somebody else take it from here please...

OmniOmega
11-04-2005, 10:36 PM
lol, where do i get the cannoe?? do i kill 100 of those soldiers? cause thats only about 10 more :P

EDIT: ok, i found out where i get the cannoe, after i get it I'll post in here again

Swifthom
11-04-2005, 11:56 PM
It might help if someone found a world map and just said, "Go here" on it...
There's on at Gamefaq's I think, in the Dawn of Souls section...

That will tell you where you want to go.

OmniOmega
11-05-2005, 01:13 AM
ya i found a few of those, plus i have the ring which is suppossed to let me view the world map, but i havent got that to work yet either :|

ok....i finally got back to altair, but how do i get minwu to fork over her frikin canoe??????

DJZen
11-05-2005, 01:15 AM
The world map works the same way it did in FFI. Press B and Select on the NES & GBA versions, Circle and start on the PS verison, B and start on the WSC version.

OmniOmega
11-05-2005, 01:42 AM
oh sweet thanks, but how do i get minwu to fork over the canoe??

rubah
11-05-2005, 06:12 AM
Did you try talking to him? and perhaps Hilda?

OmniOmega
11-05-2005, 03:54 PM
yes, I did. Am I suppossed to have the word cannoe in my key words? And if so, who gives it to you?

crashNUMBERS
11-05-2005, 04:00 PM
C:\ PC\ Internet\ RPGClassics\ FFII\ Walkthrough (http://www.rpgclassics.com/shrines/nes/ff2/walkthrough.shtml)

OmniOmega
11-05-2005, 04:04 PM
finally a walkthrough that doesnt look like a .doc file!!!

BUT HE'S SOOO WEAK!!!!
ahhh, now i have to take him into the fiyah and get him all beefy ^_^.

wait...do I even get to keep him?

DJZen
11-05-2005, 10:07 PM
no

OmniOmega
11-06-2005, 02:18 AM
Aww, but hes all powerful now, i just got him up to 1k health and more MP than Firion! Plus i already went through all the trouble of getting him a flame bow and some gold armor :(. Do I get a chance to unequip everything from him before I give him back?

DJZen
11-06-2005, 03:05 AM
Never give gold armor to mages.

OmniOmega
11-06-2005, 03:26 AM
why not?

rubah
11-06-2005, 04:34 AM
He thinks that it's because it lowers their magic. I suppose he would know better than I, but I've never noticed.

Mages should be in the back row anyways, though, and shouldn't need armor.

DJZen
11-06-2005, 05:10 AM
It lowers intelligence and spirit.

OmniOmega
11-06-2005, 04:32 PM
yah, I suppose he doesnt need it anyway, I'll take it off and give him his copper thing back

Captain Maxx Power
11-06-2005, 04:49 PM
For the record you need not confine your mages to rubbishy cloth armour for the whole game. The Spiral, Goldpin and Ribbon helms all have no/very little int/spr restrictions. For armour, Copper, Silver, Ruby, Quartz, White Robe, Black Robe, Power and Black are very low. For gauntlets, Defense and Power are also very low. For weapons, avoid Shields like the plague. Best is Unarmed/Masamune, followed by Knives/Canes. Javelins are perhaps the best if you want a Red Mage type character, but bare in mind they still have a reasonably high Int/Soul penalty.

OmniOmega
11-06-2005, 04:52 PM
what about fire bows?

DJZen
11-06-2005, 09:51 PM
Bows also lower int & spirit. The weapons that won't lower these stats much are knives, non metal staves, and bare fists.

OmniOmega
11-17-2005, 12:05 AM
NOOOOOOO!!! It's gone!!! My hard drive was formated and l forgot to back up the .svg files!!!! NOOOOO *cries*

Cecinda
11-28-2005, 08:52 PM
Dammit, I've just started playing FF2 (NES) and it's terribly frustrating...especially with the random gold drop thing from enemies...you never know if you're gonna get 50 or 150 gold. So bows lower spirit? Crap, I made Maria my 'white mage' of the party, but she's all trained in bows now. Crap crap crap. So you seriously gotta beat up your own characters to raise their HP? in my game Gus is ALWAYS hit, then Firion. maria is never hit and therefore still has 25HP and I'm on my way to Salmando! I heard you don't have to cast a spell to raise magic power you gotta select it, cancel and select it again. Is this true?

Captain Maxx Power
11-28-2005, 09:38 PM
Dammit, I've just started playing FF2 (NES) and it's terribly frustrating...especially with the random gold drop thing from enemies...you never know if you're gonna get 50 or 150 gold. So bows lower spirit? Crap, I made Maria my 'white mage' of the party, but she's all trained in bows now. Crap crap crap. So you seriously gotta beat up your own characters to raise their HP? in my game Gus is ALWAYS hit, then Firion. maria is never hit and therefore still has 25HP and I'm on my way to Salmando! I heard you don't have to cast a spell to raise magic power you gotta select it, cancel and select it again. Is this true?

HP scales between values of 1/32 to 1/2 depending on how much HP you lost. You can smack your own characters about, or you can use Swap, or whatever, it's up to you. If Maria never gets hit, place her on the front row. All of the monsters in the early part of the game use physical attacks to damage you and being in the back row makes you immune to physical attacks. And yes, the infamous select + cancel trick does indeed work for the NES, WSC and PSX versions. It doesn't work for the GBA version however.

Cecinda
11-30-2005, 06:59 PM
Brilliant, okay, so I put Maria in the front row. She is getting bashed. But, does select + cancel work for roms?

11-30-2005, 07:06 PM
I'm trying to keep Firioniel's HP higher than Maria's... but she just keeps getting hit while Firioniel never gets hit (he in front row). Isn't it a bit unusual that Maria starts with Int. Lowering Bows but is the only starting character to have better intellegence?

Slam Dancin' Moogle
04-09-2006, 06:36 AM
Of course. Well, In my state, he was fairy good in my terms, but seeing as you must have spent weeks training seeing as you can kill captains (which is pretty good actually with the equipment you have) You will have the chance to unequip Minwu. After Dreadnaught leaves, and you enter Altair, immediately unequip Minwu, as he will leave your party. Forever. Don't worry though, you'll get a kewl monk after that (who will seem weak to you, but don't bother leveling him up -_-')

Leeza
04-09-2006, 07:49 AM
SDM, please check the post dates before you make a post in a thread because this discussion is too old to bring back up.