PDA

View Full Version : Blitz Ace Pitcher

BG-57
09-20-2005, 10:23 PM
Who pitches the ball to Tidus during his Blitz Ace limit in your game? Is it who you wanted?

I got Lulu, to my suprise. I tried different responses to her question in Guadosalam, but her reaction to Tidus telling her that she was his type was too cutting for me, so I went for the neutral response. I guess she liked that better.

At first I thought she's appearing in Blitz Ace because I'm in the Al Bhed Home without Yuna in the party , but she was riding on the snowmobile with Tidus so I think she has the highest affection rating at the moment.

Cruise Control
09-20-2005, 10:26 PM
Rikku.

Hambone
09-20-2005, 10:42 PM
Yuna does it on my game.

rubah
09-20-2005, 11:53 PM
I don't remember if I've gotten rikku yet or not. I know I've had yuna and lulu, but I forgot which one was funnier.

Blitz Ace
09-21-2005, 09:43 AM
only ever had yuna...

The Mad Dragon
09-21-2005, 11:39 AM
Thus far, I've had Yuna and Lulu. I think it's dependant on who you have in your party at the time of the fight. If its Lulu in the party, then she'll do it. If its Yuna, then Yuna will. I think thats how it works.

tranvanhieu
09-21-2005, 11:58 AM
Well if you want Rikku to pitches the ball ,let Yuna and Lulu die,then use Blitz Ace hehe :D
It goes for the others.

d£v!l'$ ph0£n!x
09-21-2005, 05:00 PM
its worked on a points system. when all your team r stud around (like in agencies and such) talk to the one u want to pitch the ball first, then talk evry one else, then talk to the other 2 girls.

the screenplays also change. who tidus talks to in guadosalam can be changed (can b rikku or lulu) and who he rides to the temple on the snowmobile changes as well. in the guadosalam talk, it is obvious which responses give points to certain girls.

also on the screenplay in the airship before you jump onto sin can change.

Skyblade
09-21-2005, 05:58 PM
Your battle style can also change it. I started with Lulu but it switched to Yuna because Tidus cast a lot of healing and protective spells on her (and none of the other girls) during my Monster Arena training. There's an FAQ on GameFAQs.com all about this, I believe...

d£v!l'$ ph0£n!x
09-21-2005, 07:51 PM
u can also turn a girl into stone and shatter he with tidus to severely damage ur relationship with her! :D

Legendary Caladbolg
09-21-2005, 08:46 PM
Yuna in my game. And did you know that if Rikku doesn't have the highest affection level while you are in an underwater battle the battle will come out of no where.

ff7+ff10 gurl 100
09-21-2005, 08:54 PM
Yuna

Yliette
09-22-2005, 11:13 AM
Lulu's the default tosser on my game. Yuna comes in next then Rikku. But I tried killing Yuna and Lulu off to see Rikku toss the ball.

Actually, the affection rating also depends on who use items on most of the time. Also the Guard and Sentinel abilities are crucial to the affection rating. Have Yuna (or whatever girl you want to toss the ball) cast provoke on the enemy (if they have the skill) and have Tidus cast Sentinel in turn!

The Mad Dragon
09-22-2005, 11:17 AM
Aside from all this, does this have any bearing on the actual move?

d£v!l'$ ph0£n!x
09-22-2005, 11:24 AM
no . . . what u want an essay!?

The Mad Dragon
09-22-2005, 12:00 PM
no essay, i was just curious if this had any bearing on the game.

BG-57
09-22-2005, 12:37 PM
For Blitz Ace itself, the only variables seem to be who pitches and what happens if Tidus connects with the blitzball or not.

As for the game, you see different scenes in a few places depending on who gets the highest affection rating.

But the overall plot is the same no matter what. The Macalania pool scene has to take place with Yuna. Maybe that's just as well. Imagining it with Lulu is kind of scary. :eek:

The Mad Dragon
09-22-2005, 01:22 PM
not really. Imaging it with her big breasts...mmmmm

Slade
09-23-2005, 11:46 AM
Ive only ever had Lulu

d£v!l'$ ph0£n!x
09-23-2005, 02:33 PM
all floating around in the water . . . . *drifts off* . . . . . . . .

anyway, given the choice which one wud u date? rikkus more my kinda girl

BG-57
09-23-2005, 09:18 PM
Why not post a poll about it? :)

I do find the preordained nature of Tidus and Yuna's relationship a little irritating though. Especially that the affection levels can't change it.

Laugh at face of Danger
09-23-2005, 10:02 PM
Lulu - coz lulu rocks

tranvanhieu
09-24-2005, 03:28 AM
Haha you know what!
In SAnubia desert,yuna's gone.I ket Lulu and Rikku die,then I use Blitz Ace,That old man Auron pitch it for me!

Skyblade
09-24-2005, 03:51 AM
Haha you know what!
In SAnubia desert,yuna's gone.I ket Lulu and Rikku die,then I use Blitz Ace,That old man Auron pitch it for me!

I don't think that's possible. IIRC, if none of the women are available, the ball just appears to come out of nowhere...

Fireblade13
10-07-2005, 12:33 PM
Lulu but Yuna is my queen Q charechter

crazybayman
10-07-2005, 01:21 PM
Yuna on my first playthrough, Lulu on my last one......don't recall for the other times.....

Quiksilver326
10-07-2005, 01:59 PM
Lulu, then Rikku on my second time.

Pouring Rain
10-07-2005, 04:12 PM
On my game, I had Lulu throw the blitzball. On my cousins game, Rikku did. I think you can kinda tell depending on that one scene where they're driving to Macalania Temple and the person behind Tidus is usually the person who throws the blitzball. Hey, that's just my theroy. xD

crazybayman
10-07-2005, 04:56 PM
On my game, I had Lulu throw the blitzball. On my cousins game, Rikku did. I think you can kinda tell depending on that one scene where they're driving to Macalania Temple and the person behind Tidus is usually the person who throws the blitzball. Hey, that's just my theroy. xD
Yes, and that in turn depends on the "affection level" you've attained for that character.

By affection level, I mean who you've spoken to first the most amongst your party members, what answers you give in conversations. There's also speculation that healing a certain member in battle often can raise the affection level, as well.

One thing I noticed, that during the scene in Guadosalam, when Lulu asks you if you've fallen for Yuna, the only playthrough I answered "You're more my type, Lulu", was the only playthrough in which Lulu rode on the ski-doo (snowmobile) at Lake Macalania with me. As well, on this playthrough she tosses the ball during Blitz Ace to me, and none of the females were in my fighting party.

Russ80
10-08-2005, 12:17 AM
all floating around in the water . . . . *drifts off* . . . . . . . .

anyway, given the choice which one wud u date? rikkus more my kinda girl

yea I'm not a big guy so i think i'd prefer rikku, but I sure wouldn't mind if lulu putting on a show :D

Rini
10-09-2005, 02:54 PM
I've had Lulu at all times, but I'd like Rikku to do it :/ and I can't seem to get her to it, even though it's always her on the snowmobile on the way to Macalania. Weird, huh?

KH-Cloudy
10-18-2005, 06:15 AM
try getting her celstrial weapon thats how i got her :) i powered it fully

Dark Messenger
10-23-2005, 10:16 AM
For Blitz Ace... my first file it was Rikku, second was Yuna, third: I haven't got Blitz Ace yet, but I have a feeling it might be Lulu. (Lulu was on the snowmobile.) I'd like to see Lulu jump off the ship onto Sin!

crazybayman
10-24-2005, 12:15 PM
For Blitz Ace... my first file it was Rikku, second was Yuna, third: I haven't got Blitz Ace yet, but I have a feeling it might be Lulu. (Lulu was on the snowmobile.) I'd like to see Lulu jump off the ship onto Sin!
Yeah, come to think of it, I just saw that one yesterday during this playthrough (this being the playthrough where Lulu pitches for the Blitz Ace, and rides on the ski-doo at Lake Macalania).
As well, when talking about going into sin after defeating both his side flippers/wings/arms/whatever they are, she says something along the lines of "Lets go! Just you and me!" referring to Tidus, which gets that embarrassed reaction from him.

Rikku_007
10-26-2005, 01:00 AM
Some people don't use Rikku enough and they think she sucks.
She is actually really good.
She is my Blitz ace Pitcher. She has 255 of everything except luck. She has over 30000 HP.

crazybayman
10-26-2005, 12:30 PM
Some people don't use Rikku enough and they think she sucks.
She is actually really good.
She is my Blitz ace Pitcher. She has 255 of everything except luck. She has over 30000 HP.
Anyone of the characters can deal out that damage. It depends who you want to level up the most.

For instance, I have Tidus levelled up the most, and he deals the most damage. 99,999 during his kick in blitz ace, at best.

Zell>Everything
10-30-2005, 02:18 PM
Lulu. She be a goth. The other two are goody goody and boring.

Russ80
11-04-2005, 09:01 PM
lulu, and that's who i wanted. the jiggles w/ auto-haste are hilarious. And Onion Knights rule! (I love FF3.)

The only problem is that even hasted her attack takes forever.

BTW you don't need even close to 255 in all stats to be the best possible.
In fact if you had 255 luck you'd need 0 ACC and EVA. I have 255 strength, defense, magic defense, and I'm working on magic (it's boring). I have base acc, 250 agility (no difference between 250 and 255), ~140 luck, and ~120 eva. That's all you need. Sure frees up a lot of nodes for hp spheres huh?

Go read gamefaqs.com if you want to know why this is the best.

xX.Silver.Wings.Xx
11-09-2005, 02:27 PM
It's all down to a hidden "relationship level" this changes depending on who you talk to first in sequences, who you use recovery items on the most and generally how you treat them. For example: if you attacked lulu with a stonestrike weapon and then attacked her and shatterd her tou level between you and her would go down. In my game it's Yuna. but im sure it has been auron before.