PDA

View Full Version : Super Smash Bros. Melee

Craig
09-20-2005, 11:42 PM
I noticed that the Marth vs Roy thread turned into a SSBM thread so I decided to make 1.

Who do you play? Young Link here.

Ultima Shadow
09-20-2005, 11:54 PM
1) Sheik
2) Marth
3) Ganondorf
4) C.Falcon

Sheik's my main. She's my first pick when it comes to 1 VS 1 battles.

Marth's my second most used character. I'm good in both 1 VS 1 and FFA with 3 or 4 players with him.

Ganon's my thirth most used character. I almost only use him in team battles or FFA, though.

C.Falcon... I'm pretty new with him and I'm far better with the other characters. I only use him every now and then.

Doomie
09-20-2005, 11:57 PM
1. Sheik
2. Ganondorf
3. Marth
4. Roy

:<3:

I love it when newbies play with me and say "HAHAHAHAHA, ERIK TOOK A PRINCESS!"

Rase
09-20-2005, 11:58 PM
If I want the best chance of winning, I always go with Ganondorf. However, I like to play as Peach, Yoshi, C. Falcon, and Samus quite a bit as well.

XxSephirothxX
09-20-2005, 11:59 PM
1. Fox
2. Young Link
3. Falco
4. Roy

I'm curious to know if Samus is considered "Top Tier" or what. She seems amazingly versatile and really powerful.

Doomie
09-21-2005, 12:01 AM
If I want the best chance of winning, I always go with Ganondorf. However, I like to play as Peach, Yoshi, C. Falcon, and Samus quite a bit as well.

I love playing in groups of four with other people. You let the three other people get concentrated in fighting in some corner, quietly stand next to the group and power up his punch. xDD It's so much fun.

Ultima Shadow
09-21-2005, 12:05 AM
I'm curious to know if Samus is considered "Top Tier" or what. She seems amazingly versatile and really powerful.
She's upper tier, second highest. And yes, she's a very powerfull character. Don't rely too much on the tiers, though. That will make playing less fun and the difference really isn't all that big in most cases.

XxSephirothxX
09-21-2005, 12:07 AM
I don't really like using her, I was just curious, since she seems crazy strong, and has the grapple beam which can extend super-far with that glitch, or whatever it is.

Also, everyone post your Play Time counts. Mine's 149:50 right now. I shudder to think how high some of these could be. :p

Ultima Shadow
09-21-2005, 12:11 AM
Also, everyone post your Play Time counts.I'm afraid of looking at mine! :(

No, seriously... it's late over here but I'll check mine tomorrow. :cool:

Tifa's Real Lover(really
09-21-2005, 12:14 AM
1. link
2.C.falcon
3. fox or falco
4. mewtwo
5. random ppl

ill still win against anybody

Rase
09-21-2005, 12:17 AM
Also, everyone post your Play Time counts. Mine's 149:50 right now. I shudder to think how high some of these could be. :p

*Takes a moment to hook up GCN*

Power Time: 158:50
Play Time: 111:54

I've had the game since.... last November.

Craig
09-21-2005, 12:17 AM
I lent my copy out, but I'll get it back soon and post my play time. I doubt it's that big compared to some of the people here.

Rase
09-21-2005, 12:25 AM
As a side note, what Stages do people like the most? I myself prefer either Final Destination or the Fountain of Dreams.

XxSephirothxX
09-21-2005, 12:26 AM
Final Destination and the Great Fox are my two faves.

Ultima Shadow
09-21-2005, 12:33 AM
Final Destenation is my absolute number 1 fav. My second fav would probably be either Corneria or Fountain of Dreams.

Tifa's Real Lover(really
09-21-2005, 12:35 AM
corneria and hyrule temple:D

omnitarian
09-21-2005, 01:16 AM
I'm best with Link or Roy, but I'll usually play as Ness, Falcon, Pikachu, or Mr. G & W to be uncheap to my human pals.

ljkkjlcm9
09-21-2005, 01:43 AM
Let's see, I can use very well and beat most people with... Mario, Dr Mario, Peach, Luigi, Ganondorf, Capt Falcon, Link, Young Link, Fox, Falco, Pikachu, Pichu, Kirby, Samus, Ness, Ice climbers, Zelda/sheik, Mewtwo, Mr game & Watch, Marth, Roy... Yeah, the only ones I'm not really good at are jigglypuff, donkey kong, and bowser, mainly because I never took the time to learn to use them...

But I pretty much dominate with fox, roy, and young link.... fox is fast I can win many fights without getting hit. I've gotten pretty good at deflecting with normal shields for roy and young link... and also really good at catching items, which is always fun when someone throws a bomb at you, to catch it then launch it back, they never see it coming!

THE JACKEL

Salmon King
09-21-2005, 02:16 AM
1.Luigi (Luigi > than your soul)
2.Link
3.Dr. Mario
4.C. Falcon
5.Mr. Game and Watch
6.Yoshi

I use all the characters except DK, Jiggly, Peach, Pichu, Bowser, and the Ice Climbers because they disgust me.

Best place to fight is Final Destination and Battlefield.
If I want a big place for long fights I'll use the Temple.
Very fun place to fight on is the Pokemon Stadium.

On a side note, it is my opinion that every single fighting game should be like SSBM. By that I mean I don't much care for learning 30+ different move combinatations to do a fancy kick or punch or pull off some ball of fire or whatever. Every fighting game should use the same button combos for all the characters, and that way you can come back to the game after months of rest or something and still know how to play. I think this is what makes SSBM so great.

Skyblade
09-21-2005, 02:43 AM
On a side note, it is my opinion that every single fighting game should be like SSBM. By that I mean I don't much care for learning 30+ different move combinatations to do a fancy kick or punch or pull off some ball of fire or whatever. Every fighting game should use the same button combos for all the characters, and that way you can come back to the game after months of rest or something and still know how to play. I think this is what makes SSBM so great.

Agreed. That's why SSBM is so awesome. It's also why I hate MK (especially the later MK games).

Kirby.
Jigglypuff.
Roy.
Mewtwo.
Ness.
Samus.
Link.

These are the ones I play most frequently.

Lionx
09-21-2005, 08:35 AM
1. Marth
2. Link
3. Fox
4. Samus.

I like to try to ultilize the reflector thing on Fox, its so damn awesome how you can kill someone at under 30% by the reflector=>roll?=>reflector and when they go up to recover, you time reflector to push em back down. You can literally push em down if you do it right although it looks hard.

I like Final Destination and Great Fox stage(long one).

And other fighting games have simple button commands too, most characters have similiar if not the same button sequences for special moves its kinda hard not to know which character uses which move.

Ultima Shadow
09-21-2005, 11:36 AM
What's so good with SSBM is it overwhelming kick-assness in every singel way. SSBM has everything a fighting game should have and more. That's why "I" love it so much. :cool:

Crossblades
09-21-2005, 02:13 PM
Ice Climbers
Ganondorf
Roy

Ultima Shadow
09-21-2005, 02:19 PM
Ok, I checked my playtime and it's actually not as bad as I thought. Only 482 hours. :)

Endless
09-21-2005, 03:57 PM
The ones I enjoy playing the most are Kirby (my #1) and Mr Game & Watch. Sometimes I'll play as Samus or Roy (or Jigglypuff for kicks), and rarely the others. My brother almost excusively plays as Pikachu.

Dignified Pauper
09-21-2005, 04:10 PM
i like to play as Bowser, for not other reason than his Super-Butt Smash

Black Mage
09-21-2005, 04:34 PM
Well, in the Super Smash Brothers, Link was my main character, followed by Fox, Donkey Kong and Captain Falcon.

But when Super Smash Brothers Melee was released, I found the transition from the N64 Link to the new one difficult. His mechanics changed completely, and no longer complimented my style of playing. So, after playing around some, Marth was my choice.

1. Marth
2. Gannondorf
3. Sheik
4. Fox

I'm not bad with Link now, but I know I'm nowhere near as good with him as people who focus on him specifically.

I've gone and played at Otakon and Animazement (Two Anime conventions, the former being the largest on the East coast) and have had a blast. The tournaments at Otakon are a joke. These past four years they've had only Time 5 on. This past year, it got a bit better, with Stock 3, and Time 5. The problem lies not so much with the use of Time battles, but with having Items on. Though limited, some items such as the Warp Star remain, which is just ridiculous.

Animazement was better, with 3 Stock 1 vs 1 matches, commonly at Final D.

With Marth, I've managed to hang into freeplay (Winner stays) for a good hour or more. Everyone loses occassionally, no matter how good you are. But, it's a fun game, and I can't wait for the next one on the Revolution. I can't wait to play the lot of you.

Lady Selphie
09-21-2005, 04:41 PM
Link-Pickachu-Zelda-Mario

Ultima Shadow
09-21-2005, 05:22 PM
i like to play as Bowser, for not other reason than his Super-Butt SmashBowser's down smash is good, his up smash is ok and his side smash is one of the worst smashes in the game. :greenie:

Peach has the ultimate Super-Butt Smash.

Craig
09-21-2005, 08:39 PM
My favourite levels are Hyrule Castle and the side view of Fox's ship, can't remember the name it's been a while since I played.

Final Destination is the completely flat level, right? I haven't even got that one.

Ultima Shadow
09-21-2005, 08:53 PM
My favourite levels are Hyrule Castle and the side view of Fox's ship, can't remember the name it's been a while since I played.

Final Destination is the completely flat level, right? I haven't even got that one.The name's Corneria.

Yes, it's the flat level. You haven't got that one yet? Then get it NOW! :p It's actually a very fun level, even though it's just flat. All you need to do to get it is to beat all the event matches. :cool: