PDA

View Full Version : Via Infinito - oh man, Chac is totalling me...

Queen Anthai
09-21-2005, 01:46 AM
Okay, so obviously Ribbon isn't working out here. Suck. I've got the Mascot dressphere and everybody equipped with Highroad Winds. I had Yuna use Wallja first, then I've got Rikku attacking and Paine using Cactling Gun with the Invincible accessory (or maybe Ragnarok, whichever has Break Dmg. Limit). Yuna also did Regenja and then Cureja every round. I also have Gunner next to Mascot on my grid, and I have Yuna equipped with Cat Nip since she's the only one with Lv. 3 Trigger Happy at the moment.

I'm still getting killed but good.

So, question: if I leave the Via Infinito and master Rikku as a Gunner and give her Cat Nip, d'you think that would work, or is there a simpler way of killing this guy? I mean, I just got killed about twenty times in a row here. It sucks that Ribbon's not working. I waste so many turns using Soft on my girls.

karatehero
09-21-2005, 05:38 PM
A gunner with cat nip and 2 gals as mascots to heal and soft should work OK for you.

Although, I've been able to get Chac stuck in a loop. Sometimes Chac will just attack you. If all 3 of your girls are in haste status, you can continually attack without Chac touching you. Eventually your haste will run off and your chain might get broken. However, you can usually beat up on Chac for quite a while if you get lucky. When attacking you have to time it so as one girl is just finishing her attack, the next girl starts (AKA-dont' hold down the button).

Note though that you have to just attack Chac. No trigger happys or magic please! Only regular attacks are fast enough. You might even have the most luck with something other than mascots. They have a long attack animation. Dark Knights might work OK. I guess this works because Chac's attack animation is so long it takes awhile to for it to get started again.

Did that make sense?

PS - Is your avatar Polgara?

Queen Anthai
09-21-2005, 06:32 PM
Yeah, I understand the whole "attack animation" lag. Part of why I hate the battle system and I'm totally just beating this game out of spite rather than any sense of joy. :D

And yes, it's Polgara. :)

Banishing Blade
09-21-2005, 07:39 PM
I'm bit new to this game and have heard much about this Via Infinito mission.

Just Wondering how can you go to it. I mean what u have to do to get it?

Old Manus
09-21-2005, 08:27 PM
What I don't get is the fact that I just unloaded 20 rounds of lead into this thing's head, and it just sits there looking smug with itself.

boys from the dwarf
09-21-2005, 09:29 PM
you have to get to chapter 5 then go to bevelle and in the temple there is a room to the right of the entrance(which you will have visited before.) then you will find a dungeon with 100 floors and 5 sperbosses and the best equipment on the game.i havent given you much info because i dont want to give many spoilers but my instructions are quite accurate.

Hambone
09-21-2005, 11:34 PM
you know, I posted this same subject of thread and like 1 person replied. I don't have any tips on how to beat the sob. I'm still trying to beat it. :mad:

Cruise Control
09-22-2005, 12:47 AM
Theif, 1, 2, attack, 1, 2, attack. You will rack up chains of 99, its a nice way to master theif.

Mo-Nercy
09-22-2005, 02:14 AM
Speed Bracer and the Highroad Winds GG should help you. A Speed Bracered Yuna will rack up about 25-30 per Trigger Happy.

rubah
09-22-2005, 03:14 AM
Get chac into oversoul. I don't think he'll petrify everyone then.

karatehero
09-22-2005, 01:33 PM
Pol is the bomb!

I had the most luck with the cat nip trick. I dont think I woudl go with Dark Knights for the other 2 characters here though. I woudl go more for speed.

I would definately make sure to cast haste on all my guys. Also, I would be very careful not to have all 3 gals setup with a attack at any 1 point. My thought here is that if you have all 3 girls waiting to attack, Chac could petrify one of them, and the crush them. In the mean time, you are still waiting to attack.

Personally, I would haste my gals. then I would only pick 1 at a time to attack. This way you can soft 1 if they get stoned ( :tongue: ) and heal with the second one. If the first gal attacks successfully, then assign the second one to attack.

I guess the ultimate goal is to never have 1 girl dead and another stoned.

Let me know where you get stuck. Cat Nip shoudl only take about 6 turns to off Chac.

Ben
09-22-2005, 08:52 PM
who is this chac everyone is talking about

Old Manus
09-22-2005, 10:16 PM
Get chac into oversoul. I don't think he'll petrify everyone then.

rubah
09-23-2005, 12:10 AM
Chac is the level . . . 60? 80? Boss in the via infinito.

He is a basalisk type, so to oversoul him you can go and fight any of the big nasty buggers, but the only ones I remember are on djose road/mushroom rock xd

Cruise Control
09-23-2005, 12:41 AM
Level 80, you can also fight them in Bikanel.

Hambone
09-23-2005, 02:15 AM
you can?

ThePheonix
09-24-2005, 04:03 PM
Actually he (Chac) can only be faught in the via infinito, and he's the lvl. 80 bos there; you fight him in random battles on the last few levels as well.
All you need is a gunner with highroad winds, speed bracer, and cat nip (and at low health). 2 rounds of trigger happy should be enough. I also recomend keeping the gunner for the rest of via infinito.

rubah
09-24-2005, 06:26 PM
no, he said that you could fight basalisk types in bikanel, I think xD

Cruise Control
09-25-2005, 12:27 AM
For those of you who can't read between the lines.

Chac is the level . . . 60? 80? Boss in the via infinito.

He is a basalisk type, so to oversoul him you can go and fight any of the big nasty buggers, but the only ones I remember are on djose road/mushroom rock xd

Level 80, you can also fight them in Bikanel.
I guess they don't teach your how to compare and contrast in school. Soon they won't even teach you how to undo a bra in health class.

Chac is the boss on floor 80. He is a basilisk type. Gucamatz (note: I said Gucumatz not Chac) can be fought on Mushroom Rock Road AND BIKANEL.

fainaru
09-25-2005, 11:23 PM
Here's how I beat her.

DSP: 1 CNG, 2 Warriors/2 Samuris (Must know Delay Buster or Dismissal)

Strategy: Have Chac oversouled by killing the basilisk type fiends (zanarkand most common I found). Enter battle with gunner equipped with rabite's foot or ray of hope (anything that will give higher luck so chac's attacks will miss) and because Chac isn't like most bosses, its turn can be delayed. This is where the warriors and samuris come in. They can use Dismissal or Delay Buster to delay its turn while your gunner trigger happys her like no tomorrow. (note she is immune to delay items though) .When Chac is oversouled, she does not use heaven's cataract but does everything else. Ribbon does not prevent your girls from being petrified so have remedies/softs in hand. Hopefully this will help. Split Infinity's Guide (http://db.gamefaqs.com/console/ps2/file/final_fantasy_x_2_d.txt) may be of some help or NightMare185's vi guide (http://db.gamefaqs.com/console/ps2/file/final_fantasy_x_2_via_infinito.txt). Good luck and act fast.

Cruise Control
09-26-2005, 01:16 AM
Or, have two Warriors and an Alchemist, the Alchemist should have Items Lv 3, Warriors use Delay Buster, while the Alchemist uses Ethers.

Markus. D
09-27-2005, 05:28 AM
I soloed it with Rikku

I had Rikku as lady luck lvl 99 (triple exp is the inly reason shes 30 lvls ahead) (equips: Meggido GG and Enterprise, That instant haste thingo)

i bassically changed through all the nodes and was able to use ultima, i just pummeled it with ultima till it died.

for some reason i got off lucky cuz it didn't try and petrify me :(