PDA

View Full Version : When you first came here

Max
09-21-2005, 03:33 AM
I was just going through all of my subscriptions from back when I first joined. I just noticed I was a total noob =/. Where any of you like that when you first joined?

Eternal Dark Night
09-21-2005, 03:35 AM
were did ya get that cool dude from south park? anyways been a while since iv'e been on not excactly a welcome back party is there?

rubah
09-21-2005, 03:37 AM
I would like to think I still act much like when I first came here:O

Probably more snarky though.

DMKA
09-21-2005, 03:38 AM
I don't know, I just know this place was alot better and the staff was actually cool.

Max
09-21-2005, 03:40 AM
Who wasnt cool?

XxSephirothxX
09-21-2005, 03:42 AM
More noobish, less self-assured, I'm sure. More eager to fit in, though still nowhere near as bad as some people are now. :p

RSL
09-21-2005, 03:43 AM
The staff is totally not cool. I hate them.

When I first joined, everyone was a newbie! So it was cool. Unlike now, which is not cool.

Sporkeh
09-21-2005, 04:06 AM
I'm a total newbie. :P

Rase
09-21-2005, 04:08 AM
More noobish, less self-assured, I'm sure. More eager to fit in, though still nowhere near as bad as some people are now. :p

Polyonymous
09-21-2005, 04:14 AM
I don't know what I was more like when I first joined. I know I didn't capatalize when I first joined. I probabaly act a little more calm and quiet now that I've been here a while.

Reles
09-21-2005, 04:17 AM
I'm the same, I don't know, ask me again in a year or so.

Yamaneko
09-21-2005, 04:19 AM
Back when I joined there was a clear distinction between newbie, regular, and oldbie. Everyone knew their place. Where did it all go wrong?

I was a newbie in the truest sense of the word.

Shlup
09-21-2005, 04:24 AM
I don't think I was any different other than being younger and, therefore, dumber. Not like I can go revive the eZBoard and check up on myself though. My typing was of the same caliber, at least.

Behold the Void
09-21-2005, 04:28 AM
I've matured, certainly, but my general interests and posting style haven't changed much. I've always prided myself on making coherent posts, preferably with some sort of insight attached to them.

Primus Inter Pares
09-21-2005, 04:48 AM
I joined so I could flame ThroneofDravaris.

kikimm
09-21-2005, 05:04 AM
I don't know. It's like a never-ending cycle. I'll look back at myself and think I've matured so much and oh what an idiot I was; but in another year or two's time, I'll be thinking the same thing about myself NOW. :mad2:

I don't know. Blegh. I can't make a fair judgment, it seems.

Hawkeye
09-21-2005, 05:32 AM
This place changed a lot in me since I joined. I started to accept myself as a total nerd for one thing, and then started exploiting it to attract my girl whom I'm dating now ;) :D

But I was a newb. You cant get any newbier than me, because I had no idea how the place was runned. I stepped on fire where I thought was ice

Leeza
09-21-2005, 06:28 AM
I was a total internet newbie when I first joined EoFF. I didn't even know how to get a sig and I posted more as a newbie than I do now.

Karl
09-21-2005, 06:36 AM
this is the first forum i had ever seen or been a part of, so i dunno, u tell me

Slade
09-21-2005, 06:55 AM
Im the same. I guess i was slightly more newbie-ish than now but i dont think i was that much different. I learnt from my mistakes. I had been in a forum before this and was banned for trying to back someone up and swearing at the administrators. Im pretty sure i only lasted about a month in that forum. Sigh....good times.

Mitch
09-21-2005, 07:13 AM
i was a dick

Shadowdust
09-21-2005, 07:15 AM
No, I didn't really act like a newbie except for the fact that I probably brought up threads that had been covered before. As far as my behavior and attitude goes though, I'm still me with a little less posting. Pfftt...and when post counts were still enabled for a Custom Rank and Avatar, spamming like a newbie would've been tempting. :p

escobert
09-21-2005, 09:00 AM
I've matured, certainly, but my general interests and posting style haven't changed much. I've always prided myself on making incoherent posts, preferably with some sort of insight attached to them.

Jack
09-21-2005, 09:06 AM
To show what I was like, here's a thread I started.

Why FFIX is the Worst FF EVER!

I hope that good enough evidence of my newbie-ness.

Dazed and Confused
09-21-2005, 09:36 AM
I'm still 'just came here' i dunno what I'm like.... probarbly annoying

boris no no
09-21-2005, 10:44 AM
when i started i was pretty much the same except i think i'm a little more twisted now....:S

Mitch
09-21-2005, 11:03 AM
I was teh best n00b in teh worlsd

Rye
09-21-2005, 11:33 AM
Wow, I was the biggest 12 year old FFX obsessed ditz ever. I must have been so annoying. xD

Ki Ki
09-21-2005, 03:48 PM
I was very n00bish. :-P
I even used to type "you" like "u" and the worst thing was "come" as "cum". :x_x:
Forgive me...
Oh and I was overly hyper. :excited:

Chris
09-21-2005, 03:54 PM
When I first joined everything was different; Shlup wasn't so mean >_>, Meat Puppet didn't spam as much (!) and Psychotic had a mullet... bullet. :cry:

Old Manus
09-21-2005, 04:00 PM
I have and always will be the best member ever made. God made me this way. You should feel honoured that I graced this unworthy board.
Amen.

Jess
09-21-2005, 04:06 PM
I can't remember. :)

Markus. D
09-21-2005, 04:09 PM
well... i posted what was it, 17 differant game ideas.

Sasquatch
09-21-2005, 05:21 PM
I can't remember when I first joined. I don't think I posted much, until I got to Iraq and needed something to do for the half hour I got to be on the computer. It only takes so long to check email, especially when half the time I didn't get anything anyway. Then when I got home, I posted more and more here, since I had time. And now it's about all I do on the internet...check mail, college stuff, one small forum, and then here.

DarknessFromAbove
09-21-2005, 05:33 PM
I joined just to see if I could :D I was such a noob too . . . kinda' still am I guess . . .

Raistlin
09-21-2005, 05:35 PM
I was more or less a complete newbie when I joined EoFF. I was even technically still a newbie at FFWA (my first "home on the internet" MB), though a couple of months was a long time then (Cid was considered a veteran there at 6 months).

But yeah, I still typed correctly then. But I used "LOL" and "LMAO," didn't know what "btw" stood for, didn't know even basic HTML (this was when you had to insert manual line-breaks via HTML in order to have a line-break in your sig; the result was only half the members having neat sigs, while others had one continous line of text), had no idea what those long strings of numbers everyone kept posting were (back when ICQ was cool), and I felt so cool and empowered when I was made a mod at the EoFF EzBoard.

Yeah, I was pretty dumb. But everyone else was dumb too(RSL spamming and swearing, Jojo registering as "XXXSephirothXXX," Bleys getting on Staff's bad side on his very first day, et cetera) so it was all good.

RSL
09-21-2005, 05:43 PM
I'm still pretty dumb.

Raistlin
09-21-2005, 06:03 PM
And we still love you for it. :love:

Shauna
09-21-2005, 06:09 PM
I can't really remember. :o

And, it wasn't like it was that long ago. Bah. I never really posted much then, and I don't post much now. xD

:D :love:

Madonna
09-21-2005, 06:11 PM
I had been a forum go-er long before I came here, so my personality has been pretty steady from the get go. I've become nicer, however, as these fora aren't the flamefests I grew up in. :|

Go, PI.

Xander
09-21-2005, 06:15 PM
No way, I was awesome.

The Pink Panther
09-21-2005, 06:23 PM
I still am a newbie *only one day old*
:excited:

theundeadhero
09-21-2005, 06:39 PM
My spellings and frammer have always been pretty well. Other than that I've matured a lot since back then. I didn't really post a lot. When I did it was to answer a question about an FF or to ask one of my own. What really hooked me back then was a thread in FFVII about whether or not Vincent had Jenova cells and pretty much everything about Jenny. It was great. People were arguing about whether Vincents coffin was made out of metal or wood based on the sound it made when it hit the floor in the game :p Eventually Kishi came along and closed it.

Another really great thread from back then was whether or not Flea in Chrono Trigger was a guy or girl.

I made a thread in the Xenogears forum talking about how much I would hate it if my ?hibiscus? got a ?scibiscus? or something like that. It was a quote from a girl in the town that Billy's sister stayed in. Kishi came along and closed it. I sent him a PM to ask why and he yelled at me cause it was spam :( Yeah, I was a little intimidated of him for a while after that.