PDA

View Full Version : osma is grever

ultimate snake
09-21-2005, 09:48 AM
I saw last night that Grever turns i to a multicoloured beach ball once you first beat him. osma is a mlticoloured beach ball so i recon that osma is grever of ff8. As ff9 is a lookback at the other final fantasy's I thought why shouldent O=G. It dose look simaler just biggger and slightly more colours. You also find it in an Ediolon cave/hole/thingy and Grever is a GF/summon from ff8.

PS: Cant spell Grever its the thing Ultimicia summons in ff8's final battle sequence.

ThroneofDravaris
09-21-2005, 10:00 AM
....oh no

IceT
09-21-2005, 12:30 PM
OMG and you know like Quezacotl transformed into Ramuh from FF9 because of time compression?!! They both use lightning!! So you know Q=R ??!!! [/sarcasm]

So um, got anything to back your theory up? (asides from having the same colours because if things were so easy to explain, I would be sitting in dogpoop because it has the same colour as a chair)

ultimate snake
09-21-2005, 01:54 PM
the moogle say it sences a powerful presance in the ediolon cave/hole/thingy. greiver is a powerful thing and is a GF/summon. i maybie compleatly worng like the rinoa=ultimica theroy.

Destai
09-21-2005, 02:20 PM
Who let Future Esthar out of his cage? Omg theyre interbreeding!

boys from the dwarf
09-21-2005, 03:16 PM
this is actually a good theory. i dont actually think that ozma is greivers dead spirit but ozma might be based on that bit. so ozma could be greivers soul.you might come up with stuff like " it didnt say anything like that on the game."but its one of those references so ultima snake has a point.

IceT
09-21-2005, 03:21 PM
Who let Future Esthar out of his cage?

That name was the first thing I thought of when I read his post.

the moogle say it sences a powerful presance in the ediolon cave/hole/thingy. greiver is a powerful thing and is a GF/summon. i maybie compleatly worng like the rinoa=ultimica theroy

So a multi-coloured beachball coming out of a cave is the same as a powerful GF Griever, need more info here then.

Even IF you mean the transforming stage of Griever and the Dark Matter like orb, I don't see a resemblance to Ozma.

ScottNUMBERS
09-21-2005, 03:25 PM
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Old Manus
09-21-2005, 04:30 PM
grever

XxSephirothxX
09-21-2005, 06:23 PM
:p.

Craig
09-21-2005, 09:28 PM
quina = chun li

Old Manus
09-21-2005, 09:49 PM
No, you spelt it wrong. Its qiena=shun lie, obviously.

Psychotic
09-21-2005, 10:39 PM
No, I am grever!

Meo_Twister
09-22-2005, 01:39 AM
I don't quite remember who Osma was. I do know that he was a boss. Been a while since I played FFIX.

ThroneofDravaris
09-22-2005, 02:35 AM
He's that

...piece of land over there that was forbidden to them detached itself from the band of grey that made up the far side of the swamp.

G SpOtZ
09-22-2005, 03:45 AM
i think i saw ozma in a two-piece down at a beach in hawaii.

so like... if O=G... and in Grand Theft Auto San Andreas there's a guy named OG loc... i think there's a connection there.

Quezacoatl... aztec god right?
Shiva... heard of it many times...
Ifrit... never heard of him before FF...
Ramuh... never heard of him before FF...
Kotr... obviously knights of the round table...
Leviathan... basically a mythical sea serpant...
Bahamut... never heard of him before FF...
most of the others i've never heard of too.

so... will ultimate snake be the Future Esthar of FFIX?

ThroneofDravaris
09-22-2005, 04:28 AM
No

rubah
09-22-2005, 04:38 AM
Ifrit is a middle eastern djinn, a genie, if you will, I believe.

ultimate snake
09-22-2005, 09:31 AM
Quezacoatl... aztec god right?
Shiva... hindu...
Ifrit... jinn/gine...
Ramuh... some achent god of lightning cant rember which (looks old)...
Kotr... obviously knights of the round table...
Leviathan... basically a mythical sea serpant...
Bahamut... mythical king of dragons...
gillgamesh... achent king/tresure hunter/adventure of sorts

Gilgamesh of Legends
09-23-2005, 03:28 PM
I don't quite remember who Osma was. I do know that he was a boss. Been a while since I played FFIX.

OSAMA?!

Old Manus
09-23-2005, 04:13 PM
GREVER?

Mitch
09-24-2005, 03:18 AM
Isn't it obvious Osma is Barrett? They both have coloured balls

Slade
09-24-2005, 08:13 AM
Heheh. I knew it! It was so obvious!

enigma1234
09-25-2005, 03:13 PM
It is obvious that ozma and griever aren't related to each other.

Griever is the monster/GF in squall's ring in FF8(remember the event when rinoa ask squall whats the name of the creature in squall's ring? and the 1st name is griever and you have a choice if you would like to change the name of the creature) like the solomon's ring were you can get doomtrain...
In the future ultimecia acquired squall's ring in one of the seed members(the dead people you will see before you enter ultimecia's castle) who faught against her.
That is why ultimecia can summon griever when you fight her later in the game, actually ultimecia crafted Greiver from Squall's thoughts but basically Greiver is Squall's idea of a perfect creature and Ultimecia created her "ultimate GF" of those ideas.

Ozma is one of the ancient monster/GF/eidolons in FF7 in the icy land there in FF7(I forgot what's the name of the place) but unfortunately you can't encounter/fight Ozma in FF7, im not quite sure about this but its just a hint =P

enigma1234
09-25-2005, 03:33 PM
Quezacotl... one of the nories gods legendary bird, I think balder's pet
Shiva...one of gaes primary gods (God's Elements = water,fire,wind,lightning,earth,darkness,light)
Ifrit...monster created to guard the ancient stone of nezari
Ramuh...ancient god of lightning
Kotr... I haven't heard this one
Leviathan...ancient sea serpent
Bahamut...legendary king of dragons
Gilgamesh...Odin's heir

Vaprice
09-25-2005, 04:12 PM

ozma...

Feffe
09-26-2005, 01:58 AM
Quezacotl... one of the nories gods legendary bird, I think balder's pet
Shiva...one of gaes primary gods (God's Elements = water,fire,wind,lightning,earth,darkness,light)
Ifrit...monster created to guard the ancient stone of nezari
Ramuh...ancient god of lightning
Kotr... I haven't heard this one
Leviathan...ancient sea serpent
Bahamut...legendary king of dragons
Gilgamesh...Odin's heir

quezacotl and gilgamesh has absolutely Nothing to do with nordic mythology. Odin had only 3 sons. balder, loke and thor. (baldir, loki on english) and quatzecotl is... some lightning reptile thing. no animal like creatre in nordic mythology has the power to use lightning, thunder stuff. only thor had.

gilgamesh was 1 part human and 2 part god. he where sent by the gods to uruk. which is in iraq. long ways to the nordic countries. had nothing to do with nordic mthology.

Old Manus
09-26-2005, 07:45 AM
That's not true because Osma is grever

Mitch
09-26-2005, 08:41 AM
That's not true because Osma is grever

Old Manus is Kuja.

It's plain to see

They're both sexy. Enough said

ultimate snake
09-26-2005, 08:53 AM
just because ultimicea created greiver dosent mean he dosent have a soul mybie osma is just what the party called it because they dident know what it was either.

Mirage
09-26-2005, 09:46 AM
Thread makes me lol.

Old Manus
09-26-2005, 03:58 PM
It's grever that does it for you.

Mitch
09-26-2005, 10:45 PM
you mean barrett?

Old Manus
09-26-2005, 10:56 PM
No, Osma because he is grever.

Raven Nox
09-27-2005, 08:13 AM
Both are sexy, they MUST be the same! :D

Seriously? No. Just no. It's not a worthwhile reference really.

Kijunaa
09-27-2005, 07:54 PM
Considering Ozma is just a big ball of forgotten Eidolons, it's not that farfetched that Griever might be a part of or even a base for it.

ultimate snake
10-10-2005, 09:49 AM
Considering Ozma is just a big ball of forgotten Eidolons, it's not that farfetched that Griever might be a part of or even a base for it.

well its nice to see that some one sort of agrees with my theroy thanks.
:=)

Primus Inter Pares
10-10-2005, 10:41 AM
I always thought Ozma was an optionaly boss in FFIX :cool:

Old Manus
10-10-2005, 03:54 PM
Not grever?

HunterFlamebrow
10-11-2005, 08:39 PM
Hmm, I don't know where Ozma's name really comes from, but in L Frank Baum's Wizard of Oz series (the books), Ozma is the rightful queen of Oz, turned into a little boy by a witch hired by the wizard, and rediscovered by Glinda after the Wizard left.

So . . . Griever is the little boy (Tip, I think he is called) and Ultimecia is Glinda! It all makes sense! :D:D

Mr Gashtacular
12-17-2020, 08:15 PM

oh my god

Jessweeee♪
12-19-2020, 07:38 PM
lmfao. thanks for reviving this old thread and giving me flashbacks to all these usernames.

Basket of Moogles!
12-23-2020, 08:32 AM
I thought that Ozma is an optional boss

Christmas
03-15-2022, 11:10 AM
I saw last night that Grever turns i to a multicoloured beach ball once you first beat him. osma is a mlticoloured beach ball so i recon that osma is grever of ff8. As ff9 is a lookback at the other final fantasy's I thought why shouldent O=G. It dose look simaler just biggger and slightly more colours. You also find it in an Ediolon cave/hole/thingy and Grever is a GF/summon from ff8.

PS: Cant spell Grever its the thing Ultimicia summons in ff8's final battle sequence.

Griever turned into a blitzball when he is beaten? Won't that makes him the kid that wanna be a blitzball in FFX? :bigsmile:

I am pretty sure Ozma is Death Star from Star Wars.

Jessweeee♪
03-19-2022, 02:02 AM
Griever turned into a blitzball when he is beaten? Won't that makes him the kid that wanna be a blitzball in FFX? :bigsmile:

oh my god

Quindiana Jones
03-24-2022, 04:51 PM
I recall making a thread about how Ozma looked like a tasty gobstopper, if you could please find that one, thank you Christmas.