PDA

View Full Version : Greiver

count_of_gaea
09-21-2005, 11:57 AM
The Legendary GF

count_of_gaea
09-21-2005, 02:34 PM
I reckon Griever is summonable. I seem to recall that an Occult Fan issue hints that if you have 666 items you can summon it. Anyone got any ideas?

Skyblade
09-21-2005, 02:36 PM
No, the Occult Fan issues all refer to Doomtrain. Also, you should have used the edit button. You can't use Griever, only Ultimecia can.

ezzarian
09-21-2005, 03:14 PM
Yeah, Griever helps Ultimecia so if you wanna' abuse his name, go to the thread somewhere in the Final Fantasy VIII forum named 'Naming Griever'! You'll laugh your teeth off! :D

Carl the Llama
09-21-2005, 04:56 PM
[TR][TD]you can summon him (sort of) its quistis's best limit which you can learn from a black hole (i think)

Skyblade
09-21-2005, 05:47 PM
Quistis' Shockwave Pulsar (one of the few moves capable of inflicting more than 9999 damage in a single hit) is obtained from Dark Matter, an item which can be acquired by using Siren's Tool-RF on 100 Curse Spikes when Siren is at level 100. Shockwave Pulsar is one of Griever's moves, but Quistis uses it as her most powerful (in terms of damage, not status effects or instant kills) Limit Breaks.

Strawberry_Mew
09-21-2005, 09:49 PM
Almosts makes you wonder how Ultimecia has Greiver and how Squall has a ring and a necklace with Greiver on it XD Always gets me to thinkin

Skyblade
09-22-2005, 02:33 AM
Almosts makes you wonder how Ultimecia has Greiver and how Squall has a ring and a necklace with Greiver on it XD Always gets me to thinkin

Ultimecia crafted Greiver from Squall's thoughts. It's explained better in the Japanese version of the game, but basically Greiver is Squall's idea of the perfect creature, and Ulti created her "ultimate GF" off of those ideas.

Lady_Malice
09-22-2005, 07:21 AM
griever is weak, why would want him?

Eden is much better

Kamrusepas
09-22-2005, 09:17 AM
I've always wondered why the GF Griever looks nothing like Squall's jewellery...
I mean, they could've made it much cooler..

ezzarian
09-22-2005, 09:27 AM
The symbols for Griever were cool, but the real one looks like a dog begging for treats!

Captain Maxx Power
09-22-2005, 11:32 AM
The symbols for Griever were cool, but the real one looks like a dog begging for treats!

Obviously Ulti's mind reading involved looking at the necklace, not being able to see it properly, and coming up with the next best thing.

Strawberry_Mew
09-22-2005, 06:53 PM

Ultimecia crafted Greiver from Squall's thoughts. It's explained better in the Japanese version of the game, but basically Greiver is Squall's idea of the perfect creature, and Ulti created her "ultimate GF" off of those ideas.

Hmm interesting X3 I have always wanted to play the Japanese version but I can't read Japanese that well -sniffle-

Skyblade
09-22-2005, 07:02 PM

Hmm interesting X3 I have always wanted to play the Japanese version but I can't read Japanese that well -sniffle-

Neither can I. This is what I have been told by those who have either played the Japanese version or have gotten a direct translation.

Hambone
09-23-2005, 02:20 AM
This is the reason why I am taking Japanese next year in my middle school. Yes! They have a Japanese language course!

Strawberry_Mew
09-23-2005, 02:41 AM
This is the reason why I am taking Japanese next year in my middle school. Yes! They have a Japanese language course!

Lucky XP I hope you enjoy it XD X3 I can't wait till they get one here XDXD

G SpOtZ
09-23-2005, 03:43 AM
i'm half japanese ^_^ and i can hear and understand japanese but i have more trouble reading it and writing it T_T i still speak it with my mom though.
I don't think i'll be getting any japanese versions of the games though. although it'll probably be good for me, knowing my love for games. it'd be like learning and having fun at the same time. exact opposite of school O___o

Gilgamesh of Legends
09-23-2005, 02:34 PM
he would look a lot better if his body was metallic, he somewhat looks like a recycled ifrit

GunbladeMaster
09-25-2005, 07:04 PM
he is the coolest last boss. all the other FF last bosses were just huge monsters with no reason for being that big (other than it being cool). greiver has a reason for his size

G SpOtZ
09-25-2005, 07:38 PM
has anybody wondered why Adel was so big? they said she's a human, but she's like 5 times the size of rinoa (maybe more) and she just seems too big to be a human when you fight her.

GunbladeMaster
09-25-2005, 07:42 PM
adel deformed cas shes a he and because she shes a clown on stilts of course

ezzarian
09-26-2005, 09:03 AM
She sleep too much and has gone chubby around the edges!

enigma1234
09-29-2005, 01:43 PM
Posted by Skyblade:

Skyblade copied this idea from Unknowns or Unknowns copied it from Skyblade? I need your comment about this skyblade >_< :eek:

Skyblade
09-29-2005, 07:20 PM
Posted by Skyblade:

Skyblade copied this idea from Unknowns or Unknowns copied it from Skyblade? I need your comment about this skyblade >_< :eek:

???

What are you talking about? What makes you think that either of us copied it from the other, or that we are the only ones to come to this conclusion? That's what the game says (at least the japanese version).