PDA

View Full Version : How to activate LB 4, i.ex. great gospel?

mozq1to
09-21-2005, 03:39 PM
I got Aeris limit break lever 4 but how do i activate it? When i enter "Item" and try to "Use" great gospel on Aeris i'm told "Not quite ready yet". What does that mean?

OK, I found the answer, no need to reply! :p

fire_of_avalon
09-21-2005, 04:24 PM
Have you gotten all of her other limit breaks? You have to have all of them before you can open the level 4's.

d£v!l'$ ph0£n!x
09-21-2005, 04:55 PM
here's a neat trick to get all her limits fast

first get matra magic from the robot things outside midgar. you can also get it from the monsters with the cards around gold saucer if it is too late in the game for midgar

Now equip aeris with enemy skill, steal, cure materia. THAT'S IT!!! then go into a battle and kill everyone except aeris.

now use a hyper on aeris to put her in a state of fury then go back into mythril mine. enetr the screen which is to the top of the screen you're first on after entering the mine near fort condor.

Ok, here's how the limit system works. you get the first limit in every level by killing so many enemies with that character (character has final blow). in this room you will only encounter enemies in groups of 4 or 5 and one matra magic will wipe them out. this will rack up your kill count. you need about 80 kills per level (except cloud which is 115 for blade beam and 195 for meteorain!)

Now for the second limit in every level you need to use the first limit in that level a certain number of times (usually around 7 or 8). this is why u need fury. find an enemy in that same room called ark dragon. it usually appears with 3 other monsters. use matra magic to kill everything but the dragon will survive. now just let it use a move caled flame thrower on u. with fury on it will only take 2 or 3 of these to fill ur limit. and as ur other 2 team members r ded it will only attack the one u want it to (keep an eye on ur HP at this point!)

i suggest u do both of these things at the same time. just kill stuff with matra magic until u get a dragon then let it use flame thrower to fill ur limit. with aeris none of her movves cause damage so u can stay in that same battle until all the dragons mp r used. also, u can steel ethers from the dragons so thers no need to return to fort condor to cure urself!

I better get a thank you put on this thread, or even better a personal message!!!

Big D
09-21-2005, 10:07 PM
Everyone's got their own strategy for gaining limit levels... but that sounds like a good way to get them all at an early point in the game :cool: