PDA

View Full Version : Rhapsody: A Musical Adventure

Vyk
09-22-2005, 07:55 PM
I like making threads that'll probably die quickly ^_^

Anyway. I had always looked upon this game rather fondly. I don't know why. I never touched it previously. Atlus has a bad habbit of making too few copies of any game they make. And I have a bad habbit of waiting for games to drop in price a wee bit. Well, unfortunately, with Atlus games, they don't drop in price. They vanish all-together. So I missed out on this the first time around. Now I've heard that they recently did a re-print. So I went on the hunt. I didn't want to miss it again. It looked light a lighthearted fun RPG. Well... Ironically nobody had any re-prints. But the last place I checked had it used. Hoorah. And news to me... this game was made by Nippon Ichi? So its pre La Pucelle. Awesome. I loved that atmosphere of that game. I can only hope they weren't as obsessed with consecutive battles back then. 6 or so consecutive battles before getting any plot or anything sorta turned me off of La Pucelle. But either way, this game looks fascinating and original. And I actually had no idea it was a tactical game itself. And it came with a soundtrack CD ^_^ I love companies that do that. <3 Working Designs and Atlus.

Anyway, any comments on Rhapsody, or any other early Nippon Ichi games, or games in that style I might have missed and/or be interested in? No spoilers now, I haven't popped the game in yet :D Too busy enjoying this lovely soundtrack CD

DMKA
09-22-2005, 08:07 PM
I saw it at the store many times...I had no idea what it was or was about, so I never played it, but almost did cause it had a really pretty cover of an anime chick.

Vyk
09-22-2005, 08:13 PM
Its more of a girl's game I suppose, considering the plot is a girl trying to save a prince she's gotten fond of from some evil queen or something. But I know lots of guys have enjoyed it simply because it's lighthearted, funny, and different. Its set up to be a goofy musical in SRPG format. So it's like Final Fantasy Tactics: The Musical - The Comedy. Or something. XD