PDA

View Full Version : Pull Up to the Bumper

Chris
09-23-2005, 01:21 PM
Have you've ever witnessed or been involved in a serious car crash? I saw one, horrible, sight last year.

So?

Little Miss Awesome
09-23-2005, 01:28 PM
On Tuesday at the school bus stop this old man got hit by a truck, I know a lot of people who saw it, they're all really traumatized :( He died like straight away, I know this sounds really nasty but I'm glad it wasn't someone from school cos like, we're young and stuff, but still I feel so bad for the man, R.I.P

The Jamie Star Scenario
09-23-2005, 01:41 PM
Never in person, only pictures of websites.

RSL
09-23-2005, 02:02 PM
One morning way back in ninth grade during the bus ride to school we passed a nasty crash right outside the house of a girl that used to ride the same bus. She was a year older. I didn't see the actual crash. When we got to school we were informed that she had passed away in that crash. It was a pretty horrifying sight.

I myself have been involved in two accidents of sorts. In one, I was making a right turn off of the highway. I had completed the turn and was starting to accelerate again when sudenly there was a large crash and jolt and before I knew it, I was facing the other direction in the middle of the road. It turns out that some moron was speeding behind me. He was going too fast and was too close to be able to slow down to avoid hitting me. For some reason he thought I was going to make a left turn so he dived right to miss me. However, it ended up that he dived where I ended up going. I'm going to draw a crude diagram in MS Paint to show you exactly how stupid it was that I got hit in such a fashion.

http://www.carrotmaster.com/images/accident.png

The blue box is my car. The red line is the path that the guy took to hit me. Anyway, I heard him tell the police three different excuses. The first one was that I was signalling to go left. That is absurd. I wouldn't do that. Then he said that my brake lights and turn signals were covered with snow and he coudn't see them. I thought he saw me signalling to turn left, though? The cop told him that it didn't matter if I didn't have lights at all, he still has to keep enough distance so as to not hit me. Then he started saying that his brakes failed. Sure.

My second accident happened less than a quarter mile down the same road. I was probably doing 65 and a deer ran out in front of me. I slammed on the brakes and locked up the wheels. Doing this made me lose control of where the car was going and it entered the ditch and rolled over once. That sucked. Dad was pretty mad.

Marshall Banana
09-23-2005, 04:59 PM
When I was little, a man driving behind us had a heart attack at the wheel and his wife was unable to get control of the vehicle, so he hit us pretty hard. I wasn't wearing my seatbelt so I hit my head on the front seat but wasn't hurt or anything. The man that hit us later died. I guess the accident itself wasn't too serious, but I can't remember. I was like, 6.

I've witnessed quite a few, though, on my own road. There's a sharp turn right beside my house and people drive insanely fast around it. I've lost count of the number of people who have landed in our neighbor's yard with their cars flipped over. It happened to an ambulance once too but luckily, at the time, only the ambulance crew was in it.

Plenty more come to mind.

Alive-Cat
09-23-2005, 05:08 PM
There was a car crash outside my school recently. Some guy on a moterbike or something totally wiped out, and there was like, cops and ambulances everywhere. i donno if he lived though.

Zeldy
09-23-2005, 05:33 PM
Ive seen the ruins of one, but never actually seen a real life one. My mum was in one though, she was so shook up.
A girl at my school got run over, she ran out of school as this lad was chasing her with food powder stuff and.. and.. Wham! :(

Optium
09-23-2005, 05:38 PM
Driving to school I saw a kid in my class get into an accident a little ways
in front of me. You know those landscaping things that they put on the
back of their truck and they have all their lawnmowers, leaf blowers, etc
on them? And they have the little door thing on the back that goes down
and makes a ramp so you can get the stuff out? Yeah, one of those was
parked on a main road. The kid, Andy, saw it in front of him but he didn't
look close enough and he just thought the truck was moving. He looked
down to put in a new CD and when he looked up his front wheels were
already on the ramp. He quickly turned to the left and his front left wheel
sort of fell off the ramp, but he was already at the top of it anyway.
His car literally flew into the air, it was a good 5 feet above the other
cars on the road, and it flipped. He landed upside down in the left lane,
landing on top of an oncoming car. Both he and the other driver were in
the hospital for a few days but nobody was killed, though when it
initially happened I figured both of them had been.

.opt

KoShiatar
09-23-2005, 08:34 PM
Luckily, nothing like that has ever happened to me, but I saw a couple of times what remained of a car hitting a bycicle or a motorbike. It wasn't a fine sight.

Laugh at face of Danger
09-23-2005, 08:35 PM
There was a huge crash by me today, two buses and a kid between.

Air ambulence and everything

Dreddz
09-23-2005, 08:39 PM
I saw a car bomb in Brixton a few years back. I aint been in an accident. My mum once hit a car, but it was parked ( listen it was in a car park ( tight spaces ). And it wasnt that big a deal. I dont think we ever got it fixed....

Shlup
09-23-2005, 08:44 PM
BJ just got back from class to tell me all about the head on collision that happened ten feet from him while he was walking home. Craziness.

I've never been in a bad accident. I got rear-ended on the freeway, but I wasn't hurt and the guy's insurance company gave me a nice rental car for a month and paid me more money than I paid for the car.

rubah
09-23-2005, 11:05 PM
Not lately.

I don't really want to.

Kamiko
09-24-2005, 12:08 AM
People in my town are in them all the time. Usually they look awful but they're not too bad.
Just buckle up kiddos!

Craig
09-24-2005, 12:10 AM
My sister was in one once, luckily it wasn't that serious and she didn't get hurt.

Giga Guess
09-24-2005, 12:29 AM
My li'l bro had a vehicular incident today, actually.

Yooniece
09-24-2005, 12:38 AM
Two instances:

Highway 17 towards Santa Cruz, 16 cars crashed and took out a whole section of the highway for about 5 hours. Two huge big-rigs initiated the whole thing and the cars behind it just slammed into eachother. Blood on the road, shattered glass everywhere.

The second time was more personal. My friends and I were driving behind my friend Tim... he rides a motorcycle and we were behind him to make sure he'd be okay since he didn't have any other biker friends yet. We were going up Highway 9... a very, very fun curvy road that extends into the Santa Cruz mountains... notorious for hardcore driving/biking fanatics as one of the best roads you can ever ride. He skidded at a 270-degree turn and crashed right into the small railing keeping him from plummetting over the side of the mountain. Thank God he was wearing his leathers... although most of them were burned off. The sight of blood was nauseating... he was in the hospital for a week before he was released and now he doesn't ride anymore.

*ETERNAL FANTASY*
09-24-2005, 12:40 AM
Someone went to uni one time and talked about how she witnessed someone got hit by a bus and died on the spot that morning!

I saw one while i was riding a bus, there was a blind corner a driver didnt look out for and flat out turned into the main road only to be hit head on by an ongoing car, both almost hit a pole, it was nothing too serious but they were both lucky!

There are always some form of car accidents happening near our house, we're 2 mins walk from the main road so theres some form of breakdown or accident happening there!

Rase
09-24-2005, 01:30 AM
I've been in one serious one, and one "huge pain in the butt" one.

The serious one happened about a year and a half ago. It was around midnight and I was in the car with my sister, my dad driving. We're just going along when this guy comes flying out of a sidestreet at around 80 mph. He tries to turn, but left, and we try to stop, but we were to close and we T-bone the guy.
We were going 60 mph and he was going 80 mph, so suffice to say, it was a pretty strong jolt. The entire hood of our Jeep Grand Cherokee was compacted to about half a foot in length. His truck, and old one made of steel, had a few dents. It ended with my dad having a fractured knee, my sister with cuts and bruises, and me with a bruised hip bone. The guy was drunk, twice the legal limit, and got sentenced to, I think, 15 years in jail.

It was pretty scary, to say the least.

Del Murder
09-24-2005, 02:07 AM
I've crashed into a car five times, but none of them were serious.

Traitorfish
09-24-2005, 06:53 PM
Once, on the way home from school, I saw two cars that had smashed into each other. There was an abulance, with someone in it, and there was an guy in the driver seat of one car, being put into a neck brace.
It wasn't traumatising or anything, but it put stuff in perspective.

Karl
09-24-2005, 08:19 PM
yesterday i was drivin on the freeway (with my mom cuz i only have a learners permit) and there was a pretty bad crash with 3 cars just ahead of my, i stopped in time and everyone in the crash was ok, but my mom smacked me, and i dont know why :mad:

Necronopticous
09-24-2005, 09:17 PM
When I was young I was involved in so many car accidents that I was utterly terrified to learn how to drive later in life. Luckily I was able to get over it, the worst accident I was ever involved in was a head on collision on a narrow, railless hillside, thanks to a speeding crack-addict I was driving with and a blind corner. Luckily, neither of us went over the side.

Psychotic
09-24-2005, 09:32 PM
I've seen a few, but the most recent is probably the most interesting, although I didn't witness it, I was there a few minutes after. A man wasn't looking where he was going, and you know those road sweeper cart things? It ran him over. An air ambulance was there too, but he later died.

Old Manus
09-24-2005, 09:38 PM
No, but there was a cool one on GTA:SA where the ambulance ran me over (for the the 54634th time).

Psychotic
09-24-2005, 09:46 PM
Welcome to San Andreas: If the ambulances don't get you, the fire trucks will!

Old Manus
09-24-2005, 09:48 PM
The fire trucks come after the ambulances, and unlike the ambulances, they stay on top of you until you die.

Rusty
09-25-2005, 05:12 AM
I've been in three car crashes. I can't remember the second all that well. But the first was when someone ran a red light and smashed into the side of our car and the third we hit a truck with the back corner of the car - it was a station wagon - so the boot door came flying off and we were sent spinning around and around on the highway.

DMKA
09-25-2005, 06:37 AM
I once almost got ran into by a huge brand new Dodge pickup when I was driving home in Oklahoma, and I had to swerve out of the way and hit a sign. Luckily the only damage to the car ended up being a broken signal light on the right side, and the bumper was one of those ones that like dents in and we were able to just push out the dent. When whoever was driving the Dodge saw me hit they just sped off as fast they could because they knew it was their fault.

I was in my mom's little Dodge Intrepid and the truck was an enourmous Dodge Ram...I seriously think at the speed if I'd of gotten hit I'd of been hurt pretty bad or even killed.