PDA

View Full Version : Valkyrie Profile sequel?

Jeffro027
09-23-2005, 05:22 PM
Does anyone know anything about plans for a VP sequel or game taking place in the same universe?
That was such a great game. Especially when you get the good ending. Gods are so naughty. lol

Black Mage
09-23-2005, 11:18 PM
Sorry, as far as Tri-Ace has officially stated, or hinted at unofficially, there isn't a remake in the works. It's a shame, since this game goes fairly unnoticed.

However, if you're trying to follow up with your Valkyrie Profile business, there are appearances of characters in other Tri-ace games.

Semi-Spoilers for Star Ocean 3 and Radiata Stories.
In Star Ocean 3, after you complete the main story, you run into a chibi version of Lenneth Valkyrie in the Maze of Tribulations, and again multiple times, and finally fight her in Sphere 211. Both Gabriel Celeste and Ethereal (Iseria) Queen are in the game as well if you consider the VP characters, though they originate in Star Ocean 2.

Freya is also in SO3, in the dragon's lair after you get the orb from Ethereal Queen. She's the toughest boss in the game.

In Radiata Stories, after you complete the game, in the extra dungeon, you fight Lenneth Valkyrie about half way through. After you beat her, she mentions Lezard, and joins your Friends List.

The next fight after Valkyrie is the one and only Lezard Valeth. Sporting spells from VP, such as Fire Lance, Poison Blow, Dark Savior, and Prismic (Prismatic) Missle. He holds true to his character. Gabriel Celeste and Ethereal Queen are here as well.

Jeffro027
09-25-2005, 10:10 AM
Thats a shame. I really dug the combat system. I also liked the idea of doing six figure damage and it not meaning a whole lot. (they really went crazy with the numbers)
Oh well just another single game I guess. -sigh

black orb
09-26-2005, 05:52 AM
>>> Iseria Queen was originary from SO2?
I didnt know that..

I`d love to see a new VP game but surpass the original is gonna be hard.

Tama2
09-26-2005, 10:09 PM
Isn't there some other VP game. Let me try to remember........

http://dozo.rgr.jp/log/eid116.html

Go there. Some pics and if ya can read it ten tell us what it says. :D

Prancing Mad
09-27-2005, 12:25 AM
If you want a game with crazy numbers, play disgaea and try to beat prinny Baal. lol. Those are some serious numbers!

black orb
09-27-2005, 03:45 AM
Isn't there some other VP game. Let me try to remember........

http://dozo.rgr.jp/log/eid116.html

Go there. Some pics and if ya can read it ten tell us what it says. :D
>>> That looks like a game made by fans..

Necronopticous
09-27-2005, 09:03 AM
Square-Enix is not responsible for Valkyrie Profile.

Move > General Gaming

Black Mage
09-27-2005, 07:10 PM

Move > General Gaming

Hm? Enix produced Valkyrie Profile. That seems to be the same reasoning used for the Star Ocean games.

And that game is most certainly a fan made fighting game. There are plenty of Tales of games like that as well, in the Japanese community.

Necronopticous
09-27-2005, 07:12 PM
Okay, you win.

Damnit.

Velld Ragnarok
09-28-2005, 05:44 AM
Valkyrie Profile is my favorite game of all time and it really does hurt that they don't want to do anything more with it. Though, with how the A ending was there really isn't anything they can do with it other than make a completely new game, based in the same world but how it could tie in with Valkyrie would be a mystery to me.

black orb
10-04-2005, 06:41 PM
Valkyrie Profile is my favorite game of all time and it really does hurt that they don't want to do anything more with it. Though, with how the A ending was there really isn't anything they can do with it other than make a completely new game, based in the same world but how it could tie in with Valkyrie would be a mystery to me.
>>> When you get the best ending (after the credits and that final screen) Lezard and Brahms give you some hints about how things would develop in the future..

Fire_Emblem776
10-24-2005, 08:45 AM

Move > General Gaming

oh my the admin was wrong?!!

enigma1234
10-28-2005, 05:11 PM
Yes, they should make a valkyrie profile sequel in PS2 its quite a great game.

Aurora_sword
11-22-2005, 10:56 PM
I love Valkyrie Profile
Yes they should make some kind of sequel or something similiar to that game.

BlueMageOne
11-23-2005, 09:01 PM
I consider myself one of the biggest Valkyrie Profile fans to date and I cringe at the thought of a sequel. VP was beautiful as a stand alone- it's like FFX-2- a sequel sounds night and would be AWESOME but it negates everything the first game stood for. The game was quite linear and straight forward and to ask more than that is unnecessary. VP delivered quite a beautiful and magical (if anything, blasphemic) expression of the norse myths all in one complete package and it's best that we leave it the way it is. The end of the world came...and gone and I don't see how VP's initial "message" or focus (holy salvation of the dead) could be continued on without corrupting itself. Rest in peace, Lenneth....except for when we see you in like, two other Enix games of course, ready to kick our asses.

Aurora_sword
11-24-2005, 04:22 PM
oh my the admin was wrong?!!
Astounding isnt it!?? I loled too!

Dreddz
11-26-2005, 05:15 PM
Never got the original, it sells high on eBay, and it isnt an outstanding game, so nah
Sequel, if it makes people happy, yes ....