PDA

View Full Version : Illusion of Gaia

GooeyToast
09-24-2005, 12:15 AM
Who here has played this classic Enix RPG?

It's a pretty good game. Granted, the story isn't really very developed, but battles are fun and the music is great.

Lord Chainsaw
09-24-2005, 12:45 AM
The plot is very developed, especially for an SNES RPG. It is presented in a simple fashion, but nonetheless, it is a quite interesting and developed theme. Each of the Soulblazer games contain some of my favorite video game plots, and as a result, are some of my favorite video game stories of all time. Quintet truly is amazing, and I've been meaning to try Dark Cloud II.

To me, Illusion of Gaia appears as if it would have made an excellent movie. "Moviefy" it a bit. Cut out the boss fights (maybe leave Jack and Sylvia as an example of evolution gone awry) and replace Dark Gaia with the de-evolution and corruption of mankind manifested in the possession of one of Will's companions (perhaps Neil and his scientific genius exceeding what is meant to be human to these primitive archetypes of man so bent on religion and worship to a deity) and we have ourselves a somewhat decent film. And of course, we can't forget to throw in everyone's favorite bounty hunter, the Jackal. I can sum up the entire theme of the story with one line from Will's Dream in South Cape:

"Do you consider the comet to be a good sign or a bad sign?"

Excellent game. And perhaps if we had competent movie directors instead of rampaging fools like Uwe Boll, we'd finally see a good movie in the Illusion of Gaia.

But I'm just ranting. We won't see an Illusion of Gaia movie. It would be cool though.

Kawaii Ryűkishi
09-24-2005, 12:47 AM
Not an RPG, but definitely a fantastic game. Tons of memorable scenes and settings.

GooeyToast
09-24-2005, 01:07 AM
The plot is very developed, especially for an SNES RPG. It is presented in a simple fashion, but nonetheless, it is a quite interesting and developed theme. Each of the Soulblazer games contain some of my favorite video game plots, and as a result, are some of my favorite video game stories of all time. Quintet truly is amazing, and I've been meaning to try Dark Cloud II.

To me, Illusion of Gaia appears as if it would have made an excellent movie. "Moviefy" it a bit. Cut out the boss fights (maybe leave Jack and Sylvia as an example of evolution gone awry) and replace Dark Gaia with the de-evolution and corruption of mankind manifested in the possession of one of Will's companions (perhaps Neil and his scientific genius exceeding what is meant to be human to these primitive archetypes of man so bent on religion and worship to a deity) and we have ourselves a somewhat decent film. And of course, we can't forget to throw in everyone's favorite bounty hunter, the Jackal. I can sum up the entire theme of the story with one line from Will's Dream in South Cape:

"Do you consider the comet to be a good sign or a bad sign?"

Excellent game. And perhaps if we had competent movie directors instead of rampaging fools like Uwe Boll, we'd finally see a good movie in the Illusion of Gaia.

But I'm just ranting. We won't see an Illusion of Gaia movie. It would be cool though.

Ah, I meant to say not very plot driven. The plot is pretty good, but the story isn't presented in great detail.

Not an RPG, but definitely a fantastic game. Tons of memorable scenes and settings.

Well, you level up, and there's a world map, so it does have some RPG elements in it even if it's not a true RPG.

ljkkjlcm9
09-24-2005, 03:08 AM
actually, you may have guessed but that's where I got my name from, of course I try to spell it with an E instead of the second A, in fact I always type it with an E, but it changes it to an A for some odd reason. But yeah I really enjoyed this game... I was hard getting all 50 of those darned red jewels... all because of jewel 3 way back in the beginning with the fisherman dude

THE JACKEL

crashNUMBERS
09-24-2005, 03:30 AM
Haven't played much of it though I found it pretty cool. I only played the intro just to see how the game is as I do to all of my ROMs when first aquired. I like Soul Blazer aswell. I hear IoG originated from SB and is the sequel...

Lord Chainsaw
09-24-2005, 04:57 AM
It is a sequel, and only in the thematic sense, which is how it should be once a story is concluded such as in Soulblazer.

Dreddz
10-02-2005, 10:48 PM
IOG is a great game, beat the ROM a few weeks ago......