PDA

View Full Version : Games You Wish Had A Sequal

GooeyToast
09-24-2005, 12:27 AM
Ah yes, how we wish all our favorite games have a sequal, a TRUE sequal, not just another installment in the series.Well, this thread isn't gonna change that, but go ahead and post anyways!

Let's get the list going now shall we? :) (NOTE: This is for TRUE SEQUALS to these games, meaning games that carry on the story)

Super Metroid
Ico
Beyond Good & Evil
Casltevania SOTN
Chrono Trigger
Illusion of Gaia
Earthbound
Super Mario RPG
Secret of Mana

Kawaii Ryűkishi
09-24-2005, 12:43 AM
Metroid Fusion carried on the story of Super Metroid. There are three Castlevania games that take place after SotN, two of which feature Alucard. Chrono Cross carries on the story of Chrono Trigger.

There are plenty of games to which I'd like to see sequels, but I can't think of any games that bothered me with unresolved stories.

GooeyToast
09-24-2005, 12:46 AM
Metroid Fusion carried on the story of Super Metroid. There are three Castlevania games that take place after SotN. Chrono Cross carries on the story of Chrono Trigger.

There are plenty of games to which I'd like to see sequels, but I can't think of any games that bothered me with unresolved stories.

I know all those have "sequals", but I meant with like the same general characters, settings, and timeperiod.

Kawaii Ryűkishi
09-24-2005, 12:49 AM
Oh, well, in that case...all those sequels still hold.

GooeyToast
09-24-2005, 12:59 AM
Fine, they all carry on the stories of that particualr era in the series', but I meant direct sequals that pick up directly where the original left off.

Should have been more clear on that apparently.

Anyways, just post whatever games you want to have sequals that carry on the general story then.

ThroneofDravaris
09-24-2005, 01:05 AM
Most games are designed to be self contained, thus most sequels are doomed to suck.

Shoeberto
09-24-2005, 01:12 AM
Half-life 2, just because I'm impatient and HL2 is the best game ever.

Rase
09-24-2005, 01:13 AM
Jade Empire.

Forget the fact it's perfectly wrapped up at the end, I want MORE!

localflick
09-24-2005, 02:29 AM
Castlevania Bloodlines.

I would've said Aria of Sorrow, but my prayers are being answered.

TurkSlayer
09-24-2005, 02:43 AM
I'm hoping for another installment to the Kotor series. Golden Sun too, come to think of it. Lets see... FFT, but that would probably ruin the story. Fable. That would be nice. But there really isn't a way to make a sequal to to that. There is Fable the Lost Chapters, though...

MecaKane
09-24-2005, 02:45 AM
Fine, they all carry on the stories of that particualr era in the series', but I meant direct sequals that pick up directly where the original left off.
So you want to play a Chrono game where you hang around and play all day with Kidd untill you're all killed by Lynx?

Sounds like an amazing game!

Sephiroths Clone
09-24-2005, 03:32 AM
Ico

Ico is gonna have a sequel its called Shadow of Colosus

kikimm
09-24-2005, 05:54 AM
Ico

Ico is gonna have a sequel its called Shadow of Colosus

Yes, but what he means is that he wants a true sequel, with the same characters, same setting, same story and everything. Shadow of the Colossus isn't that; it's different, I believe, on all three counts. :)

Anyways, I'm ecstatic for Drag-on Dragoon 2, but I would have liked a "true" sequel much more. Or maybe a longer game. Either way. But begger'a can't be choosers.

I also would like a sequel to Blood Will Tell, even though there really isn't any basis at all for one.

Markus. D
09-24-2005, 06:29 AM
Guild Wars
Dark Summit
Lost Kindoms 2
Devil may cry series continuation (the ps3 draws ever so close)
Sonic Adventure battle 2 (like a sequal to it, not one that grabs the same name and slaps away number 2 and replaces it with the number 3, that was a real dark story)

cant think of any more for now.

Dreddz
09-24-2005, 09:13 AM
Alundra 2
Ico
Kurushi
Speed Freaks

Big D
09-24-2005, 09:39 AM
Vagrant Story is practically begging for a sequel... but it'd have to be carefully balanced to avoid messing up it's potential. After all, the actual 'story of the vagrant' doesn't even begin until after the events in the game.

bipper
09-24-2005, 09:40 AM
Final fantasy

Lionx
09-24-2005, 10:14 AM
Guild Wars

Does Guild Wars even HAVE a story..? I dont see how this game can have a sequel of what the OP wanted..>_>

Markus. D
09-24-2005, 10:21 AM
Guild Wars

Does Guild Wars even HAVE a story..? I dont see how this game can have a sequel of what the OP wanted..>_>

yes, its story driven, remember its not an MMORPG (in some aspects it is), just and ORPG.

Lionx
09-24-2005, 11:30 AM
Just because its not an MMORPG doesnt mean it cant have a story driven game btw(ie FFXI). However does it have an ending etc etc.. that can be carried over to a brand new GW game..? Will the expansions cover this area for GW? I do not know.

ISRviper
09-24-2005, 03:57 PM
I don't think that MMROPG's have real stories, because all mmorpg's are pretty much the same: they each have a story aboute there world and what is going on in it but there isn't a story that yuo follow. MMORPG'S are just a bunch of quests, each time making you fight something bigger and stronger and than doing it all over again and again and again.

bipper
09-24-2005, 04:40 PM
MMORPG's have a story. In the story, you are not the only hero. That is the difference. Its more of a group community writing the story. That is what I think makes them so fun. I do agree that many games like Dark Age of Camelot turd out a crap story and just focus on a good platform. You just can't say that is true for all MMOs.

Although they are a little different, old fasioned text based muds were excellant online roleplaying games, and seldom, did they not have an ongoing story. You just don't find that in modern MMO's

Bipper

Shoeberto
09-24-2005, 04:42 PM
Just because its not an MMORPG doesnt mean it cant have a story driven game btw(ie FFXI). However does it have an ending etc etc.. that can be carried over to a brand new GW game..? Will the expansions cover this area for GW? I do not know.
Guild Wars isn't fashioned as a normal MMO. The story is a linear progression through the world, although you can quest outside of the story missions. In theory, yes, there could be a direct sequel, but it's much more likely that they'll just release expansions that add new areas to increase the amount of story driven missions available.

Traitorfish
09-24-2005, 07:04 PM
Battle Arena Toshinden. That fossil. I know that there were, in fact, two sequels, but they both sucked- BAT was pretty good at the time, but BAT2 & 3 both stank, particularly comapre to Soul Blade. But I like the characters, and I think they should re-make it.

udsuna
09-25-2005, 03:36 PM
Legend of Dragoon needs a *prequal*. I swear, that game played like a sequal. The story just assumed you already knew the pre-history, and the fights were tougher like it figured you were doing it old-hat and needed spiceups.

JaytodaP
09-25-2005, 06:01 PM
God of War

Vaprice
09-25-2005, 06:11 PM
Another jade empire game?

GooeyToast
09-25-2005, 08:40 PM
God of War

I'm pretty sure they're making a sequal to that.

(check the Special Features in the games)

DK
09-25-2005, 08:46 PM
Poy Poy 2, that game was the greatest multiplayer game.

Medi
09-26-2005, 12:28 AM
I wish Metroid Fusion had a sequel. But the people that make Metroid are too busy with their precious Prime games and re-makes.

Chris
09-26-2005, 12:38 AM
Beyond Good & Evil
Me too! But that's coming soon enough. :love:

DMKA
09-26-2005, 12:39 AM
Final fantasy

crashNUMBERS
09-26-2005, 01:05 AM
Life. No Im serious. Life is short if you think about it...

Lionx
09-26-2005, 01:09 AM
I don't think that MMROPG's have real stories, because all mmorpg's are pretty much the same: they each have a story aboute there world and what is going on in it but there isn't a story that yuo follow. MMORPG'S are just a bunch of quests, each time making you fight something bigger and stronger and than doing it all over again and again and again.

http://www.shadow-ffxi.com/HistoryofVanadiel/

Read this and i dare you say all MMOs have no story. BTW its not even finished, currently FFXI is about 50% finished and it was released early 2002.

On that note i didnt know GW will be like that. Most likely the sequels will be the expansions themselves.

Aphelion
09-26-2005, 01:34 AM
Rudra no Hihou, and a new entry in the Soul Blazer saga.

DMKA
09-26-2005, 01:53 AM
http://interdesign.ca/h/images/game-of-life.jpg

I always hated it. So boring.

crashNUMBERS
09-26-2005, 01:54 AM
Winner!!

bipper
09-26-2005, 02:04 AM
Isn't the sequal called life 2: Eternal Damnation for the greedy bastards that thought winning the game meant having the most money, and least ammount of pegs in your car?

Life was good, a sequal... start praying :D

Bipper

crashNUMBERS
09-26-2005, 02:09 AM
Illusion of Gaia
Isn't Terranigma the sequel to IoG??

leon123
09-26-2005, 02:34 AM
counter strike

Kawaii Ryűkishi
09-26-2005, 05:16 AM
Illusion of Gaia
Isn't Terranigma the sequel to IoG??The Soul Blazer games aren't really connected in a particularly direct way. Like with the rest of his list, Toast is pining for a "true" sequel, although IoG's story was prettymuch perfectly resolved anyway.

fantasyjunkie
09-26-2005, 09:59 AM
Animal Crossing. I would love to see a sequel to this game. Ive played games for 20 years now and this has got to be one of the most addicting games I've ever played. Diabolical!

crashNUMBERS
09-26-2005, 12:42 PM
Illusion of Gaia
Isn't Terranigma the sequel to IoG??The Soul Blazer games aren't really connected in a particularly direct way. Like with the rest of his list, Toast is pining for a "true" sequel, although IoG's story was prettymuch perfectly resolved anyway.
Oh. Kind of like FFVII with it's comppilations, Right??

Kawaii Ryűkishi
09-26-2005, 01:08 PM
No, the Compilation of FFVII is a series of perfectly directly-connected sequels and prequels. I'd say the Soul Blazer continuity is best compared to that of Seiken Densetsu.

Traitorfish
09-26-2005, 09:43 PM
http://interdesign.ca/h/images/game-of-life.jpg

I always hated it. So boring.
That reminds me- a UK PS2 magazine called PSM2 (I think, it may have been OPS2M) ran a reveiw of life. It only got a 6.5, because, apparently, the game takes ages without anything really happening, it's mostly very dull, and the graphics seem to get more blurry as you proceed.
It included a web-chat with 'The Creator', which ended with the journalist being booted from the chat for asking difficult quetions.

Strider
09-26-2005, 10:17 PM
Bad Dudes.

So-Luna
09-26-2005, 10:22 PM
Sonic Adventure battle 2 (like a sequal to it, not one that grabs the same name and slaps away number 2 and replaces it with the number 3, that was a real dark story)

Sadow the hedge hog is the sequal.

BottledJustice
09-26-2005, 10:29 PM
I'm hoping for another installment to the Kotor series. Golden Sun too, come to think of it. Lets see... FFT, but that would probably ruin the story. Fable. That would be nice. But there really isn't a way to make a sequal to to that. There is Fable the Lost Chapters, though...

My god, I haven't played Golden Sun since I was about 8 years old. Assuming Golden Sun is that super great game with the dwarf for Sega Genesis.

As for a sequel, why can't they make another Jet Set Radio Future? I mean, come on, who wouldn't want to hear and play that crap for even longer? The sad thing is that GameInformer gave that piece a good rating, something around an 8, I think. The makers of that game should be shot.

An actual answer could be Fable. I was sorta disapointed with the length of the game. The graphics were great, but it took away from the depth of the story and the number of quests. That's why I'm now addicted to World of Warcraft, along with 8 million other people. (Does anyone else realize how much money Blizzard is making off that game? 12 bucks a month for 8 million people? My calculator is showing 1,152,000,000 dollars. That's a whole lot. And with this new addition coming out, that holds our interest that much longer.

Craig
09-26-2005, 11:41 PM
My god, I haven't played Golden Sun since I was about 8 years old. Assuming Golden Sun is that super great game with the dwarf for Sega Genesis.

I think you mean Golden Axe. Golden Sun is an RPG for the Gameboy Advance.

Doomie
09-27-2005, 12:01 AM
ffx2 rofllolmao

Psychotic
09-27-2005, 12:04 AM
Chess.

crashNUMBERS
09-27-2005, 12:43 AM
ffx2 rofllolmao
Most wanted sequel. Scroll down (http://warmech.net/special/awards/awards.html)

Originally there was going to be two sequels to Final Fantasy X, Yuna Version became Final Fantasy X-2 and Rikku Version was cancelled. It would be interesting to see what direction Square was going to take with the Rikku sequel.

bipper
09-27-2005, 02:06 AM
ffx2 rofllolmao

Originally there was going to be two sequels to Final Fantasy X, Yuna Version became Final Fantasy X-2 and Rikku Version was cancelled. It would be interesting to see what direction Square was going to take with the Rikku sequel.

That is a great page you referanced to there man. Good find :)

Bipper

GooeyToast
09-27-2005, 02:16 AM
ffx2 rofllolmao

Bipper

Too bad half the picks on there are completely stupid IMO.

bipper
09-27-2005, 02:22 AM
you forgot to put imo behind that post. :)

Yeah, there pics are not entirely synominous with mine, it IS a good page that had some good categories, and reasoning behind a lot of thier choices.

Bipper

GooeyToast
09-27-2005, 02:30 AM
you forgot to put imo behind that post. :)

Yeah, there pics are not entirely synominous with mine, it IS a good page that had some good categories, and reasoning behind a lot of thier choices.

Bipper

Fixed

Yes, there are good categories, but seriously; FF VI seond place in worst music category?!

crashNUMBERS
09-27-2005, 02:30 AM

Bipper
If you really think so view the whole site. It's amazing. One of the most fun and favorite FF site's I've been to. But not as good as FFCompendium... (http://ffcompendium.com/h/)

Also in bare bones!! (http://www.ffcompendium.com/low/index-frames.shtml)