PDA

View Full Version : Will Tidus Ever Come Back

Tidus100
09-24-2005, 10:16 AM
The End Is Very Very Sad Sorry About U people Who Have Not Finished But Well all Should Know that tidus Defeats Sin. I My Self Miss Tidus And I was Just Wondering If there Were Any Rumors Going around that He might Come Back Becuse Something Go's Wrong Or Something. I Just Started X-2 Like 4 days ago and The Sphears She Are Trying 2 Aqiure Have Some record OF tidus On them. the first sphere U get Looks As If It's tidus But The Fact That He Go's Home That would Mean That Zanerken Would be Changed But In X-2 U come back And It's the Same. I Wish He Would Come Back But Right Now He's In a Different Space And Time So Unless Sin Comes Back In Some Werid Way Witch Would Be A good Way 2 finish the Final Fansty X Series. Thay Both get married And She Comes With him Or Some Thing Witch Would be Very Cool :) Im Gona Be Highly Depresed If He does not come Back :( Any Way If U Hear Any Rumors About Him Comeing Back Or any thing Plez Leve A Post I Wana Know So Bad.

boys from the dwarf
09-24-2005, 10:25 AM
have you played FFX-2?

Tidus100
09-24-2005, 10:27 AM
Yes I have And I have 8 % done all ready But Zanarkand Is still In ruins Like it was In X-1. So ya Tidus Dident Alter yunas Time He must have Altered A diff Time And Space or In other words dimension. Unless He Came Home But Zanarkand Was Still In ruin This Could Be becuse Sin came and destroyed Zanarkand Then Took your other Self 2 beside And So On. So your Home At Zanarkand Destroyed aproxmontly 10 days after sin atacked and ya tidus Would Have Found A Way 2 Contact her. maby Thats The hole reason She Did It He told Her 2 look for Sphers :confused: but idk So ya Advice If there Is a rumor.

Btw I know Im getting Over my Head with Detail But Stick With Me :tongue:

Craig
09-24-2005, 11:25 AM
Yeah, he comes back in the good and perfect endings.

There are certain points in the game where you need to tap X to whistle, but I can't remember where they are.

If you don't do the whistling he doesn't come back, check GameFAQs or something.

ThroneofDravaris
09-24-2005, 12:04 PM
Tidus shouldn’t have come back. His reappearance and X-2 in general, completely undermine the ‘sacrificial hero’ premise in the original game…

MecaKane
09-24-2005, 02:29 PM
Tidus was "from" Zanarkand 1000 years ago, even if he did go "home" like you think it would be 1000 years ago. But he didn't go home, he stopped existing because he was a dream or something stupid like that.
Try paying attention to the goddamn game before you start crying about ending.

Pouring Rain
09-24-2005, 02:46 PM
Yeah, he comes back in the good and perfect endings.

There are certain points in the game where you need to tap X to whistle, but I can't remember where they are.

If you don't do the whistling he doesn't come back, check GameFAQs or something.

You mean in the Farplane Abyss. In chapter...3 I believe. Fall into the hole in Djose Temple, cause of the impact cause Ixion blew up. You see all this light, Yuna thinks she's in heaven or something, then she thinks she hears Tidus, but is actually Shuyin (the dude in the sphere the person was talking about with the cage and stuff. aka Lenne's lover) Then after the coversation about Shuyin wanting to get revenge on the world by destroying it, he leaves and you have to keep moving Yuna around until the light goes out, and then she screams and then she's like "I'm all alone" and then you hear Tidus whistle, and then you press X and then he'll pop up as a ghost going up some stairs, and then he'll disappear, and then he'll whistle again, so you press X again, and then he'll be going up some more stairs, and then he'll disappear again, and then he whistles one last time, and then you press X again, and he'll go up the stairs and then Yuna will go up the stairs automaticaly, and then you'll end up in Bevelle.

Whoosh, that was large.

Skyblade
09-24-2005, 04:42 PM
Tidus was "from" Zanarkand 1000 years ago, even if he did go "home" like you think it would be 1000 years ago. But he didn't go home, he stopped existing because he was a dream or something stupid like that.

He was not from 1000 years ago: He was from the dream Zanarkand, not the actual Zanarkand.

tailz
09-24-2005, 05:06 PM
Sky ??

dont tell me your going to own everyone in the FFX forums to men im jobless with just one more ff.

just play X-2 and see waht happens

Masamune·1600
09-24-2005, 05:57 PM

Actually, this is far from the case. It's a common misconception that Tidus was thrown forward 1000 years by his encounter with Sin; the following excerpt from one of my previous posts shows why this is not the case.

-Originally posted by Masamune∙1600-

Tidus, as is commonly known, was 17 year old during the events of FFX. However, some people have assumed that he is really ~1000 years old, having existed since Zanarkand was destroyed by Sin at the end of the Machina War. This stems from a misunderstanding of dialogue that takes place early in FFX.

Early on, Rikku tells Tidus that Sin destroyed Zanarkand a millennium before the events of FFX.

Quote:
Rikku: Don't worry, you'll be better in no time. They say your head gets
funny when Sin is near. Maybe you just had some kind of dream?

Tidus: You mean I'm sick?

Rikku: Because of Sin's toxin, yeah.

Tidus: You sure?

Rikku: Yeah, there is no Zanarkand anymore. Sin destroyed it a thousand
years ago. So...no one plays blitzball there.

Tidus: Huh? What you do mean a thousand years ago? But I saw Sin attack
Zanarkand! You're saying that happened a thousand years ago? No way!

Later, after Tidus washes up near Besaid, Wakka confirms Zanarkand’s death long ago.

Quote:
Tidus: It's true Zanarkand was destroyed, right? A thousand years ago?
So it's just a big pile of rubble now, isn't it?

Wakka: Long time ago, there were a whole lot of cities in Spira. Big
cities with machina-machines-to run 'em. People played all day and let
the machina do the work. And then, well, take a look. Sin came, and
destroyed the machina cities. And Zanarkand along with 'em. Yeah, that
was about a thousand years ago, just like you said.

As a result of this and similar information, many people have assumed that Tidus was thrown ~1000 years forward by his encounter with Sin. However, such is not the case. Dream Zanarkand, summoned by Yu Yevon from within Sin, has basically existed since the “real” Zanarkand was destroyed. While the city itself is relatively static, architecturally unchanging, and with its Aeon citizenry unaware of what lies beyond the waters, its population is static, in flux like any human population found elsewhere in Spira. Time passes in identical fashion in Dream Zanarkand as it does anywhere else; hence, the residents of Dream Zanarkand are born, live out their lives, and eventually die.

In-game dialogue supports this idea that time passes in Dream Zanarkand in the same way it should in the rest of Spira.

Quote:
Man's Voice: I was in the coffee shop, running away from home when I
heard the news. Our hero, Jecht, gone. Vanished into thin air! My dad
must have been his biggest fan. I knew how sad he'd be. Heck, we all
were that day. "Zanar", I say to myself, "What are you thinking?" I went
running straight back home. We sat up talking 'bout Jecht all night. My
dad and I never talked so much. Whoa... Didn't mean to reminisce, folks.
Anyway... Ten years later, the Jecht Memorial Cup tournament is today!
The two teams that have won through to the finals are...of course, the
Abes from A-East, and the Duggles from C-South. I know there's a lot of
people out there today to see the star of the Abes! In just one year,
he's become the team's number one player! He's Jecht's blood, and the
new hope of blitzball! What kind of super play will he show us today?
Will we see father's legendary shot? I don't think I'm the only one
excited here, folks!

Quote:
Priest: Ten years have passed since Lord Braska became high summoner.
And finally we receive a statue for our temple.

Realize that Jecht accompanied Braska on his pilgrimage for the Final Aeon. According to the dialogue, ten years have passes in Spira since this event. According to the man from Dream Zanarkand, who calls himself Zanar, ten years have also passed in that place. For every year that passes in Spira, a year passes in Dream Zanarkand. This also suggests the dynamic reality of events there; it does not reset to Jecht again excelling in Blitzball. Rather, the torch has passed to the next generation.

Driving the point home even further, we later observe a discussion between Tidus and Yuna where we are left with no doubt that the times correspond.

Quote:
Yuna: You're a blitzball player, aren't you? From Zanarkand, right?

Tidus: You hear that from Wakka? Wakka doesn't believe me at all.

Yuna: But I believe you! I've heard, in Zanarkand...there is a great
stadium, all lit up even at night!

Tidus: Huh?

Yuna: Great blitzball tournaments are held there, and the stands are
always full!

Tidus: How do you know that?

Yuna: A man named Jecht told me. He was my father's guardian.

Tidus mumbles "Jecht" to himself in an unhappy way.

Tidus: My father...his name is Jecht!

Yuna: Amazing! You know, our meeting like this must be the blessing of
Yevon!

Tidus: Sounds like him, but it can't be him.

Yuna: Why not?

Tidus: My old man, he died. Ten years ago, off the coast of Zanarkand.

Yuna: I'm sorry.

Tidus: He went out to sea for training one day...and never came back.
And no one's seen him since then.

Yuna: Why, that's the day that Jecht came to Spira. It's true! I first
met Jecht ten years and three months ago! I remember, that was the day
my father left. The date fits, doesn't it?

Furthermore, we repeatedly see that Tidus himself has changed as time has passed. In several instances, we see flashbacks of a young Tidus, a child in Dream Zanarkand.

Quote:
Jecht: You with a woman? You can't even catch a ball! Oh, what's the
matter? Gonna cry again? Cry, cry. That's the only thing you're good
for!

Young Tidus: I hate you.

Jecht: Huh? What'd you say?

Quote:
Man: But, it's been nearly... It's been nearly a day already.

Woman: Perhaps you could go look for us.

Man: People are searching for him now.

Woman: Thank you.

Young Tidus: Who cares whether he comes back or not?

Woman: But he might die!

Young Tidus: Fine, let him!

Woman: Do you... Do you hate him so?

Young Tidus nods "yes".

Woman: If he dies, you'll never be able to tell him how much you hate
him.

Quote:
Jecht: See? I told him what I thought of him, right there!

Tidus' Mom: Really?

Jecht: 'Course!

Tidus' Mom: I suppose, but...

Young Tidus: Mommy...

Tidus' Mom: Just a sec, dear.

Again, we see the change wrought by time. Ten years ago, Tidus was a child. Presently, he is a young adult.

Thus, while they are dependent upon the fayth and the Summoning within Sin for substantiation, the citizenry is entirely different from the residents that the fayth Dreamt to originally populate Dream Zanarkand. However, this citizenry is unaware of the Spira that exists outside the borders of Dream Zanarkand. Tidus had never heard of Bevelle, or Luca, or the actual Zanarkand, or any other location in Spira. As a result, he interpreted the Zanarkand long destroyed to be the same as Dream Zanarkand, his Zanarkand. This led many to the mistaken assumption that Tidus had been Dreamt 1000 years ago, the memory of Shuyin. However, realizing that Tidus really is only 17, we can see that the temporal distance between Shuyin and Tidus is massive. Tidus is certainly many generations removed from the original memories of Dream Zanarkand, and thus has no link of this manner to Shuyin.

-excerpt ends here-

While I had written this while discussing the nuances of the similarities between Tidus and Shuyin, the overall point established in this section (the reality of Tidus as regards time) is obviously relevant.

Further, Tidus should be understood to have died, as opposed to have stopped existing. The term "Dream" is really rather misleading; Tidus is actually very similar to an Aeon. He is bound to Spira (note also that Dream Zanarkand is a physical location in Spira, as opposed to an alternate dimension/different plane of existence) by the Summoning/Dreaming. As a result, upon defating Yu Yevon, the force that binds Tidus to Spira is removed, and he dies.

As to whether or not Tidus returns in FFX-2, he does. As already suggested, there are certain requirements for viewing the Good and Perfect Endings; you won't see Tidus return if you fail to meet said requirements.

rubah
09-24-2005, 06:23 PM
You guys seem to fail to see how kane quoted "from" which means that he didn't mean that Tidus was *literally* from a zanarkand 1000 years ago xD He thought he was, but it wasn't the case.

Then kane goes on to say that the original topic starter had a flawed view of the game, and that if he kept that view, it wouldn't mesh with the plot of x-2 *or* X, as is shown by their mentionings of the ruins of Zanarkand.

Tidus100
09-25-2005, 04:39 AM
I Ment Will He come back Agine In Another Game But Hay If i Get 2 see Him In X-2 My drepression Of Tidus Will Fade Away Slowly. I hear There Makeing A X-3 yet This Is all a rumor I Hear. Btw If Tidus Came From A dream world Does that Mean That Sin Never Came ? But In X U See Sin come And Demolish Zanerken Then U Go In Side Sin Then Your Thrown Out Of the Dream World Is This Some What Right ?