PDA

View Full Version : Help !

Dreddz
09-24-2005, 10:23 AM
My laptop is bust, its pretty much the best there is out there ( well, I dont know, but it seems to be able to do anything ).
Anywayz, my favourite joy of it was that it was wireless. And like, yesturday the connection broke. It was going so good till it just said that there is no wireless connections in range. I checked my netgear and its going great. I think its my comp, on the bottem right, it says the wireless device will not transmit when it is turned off. Ive done nufin to my comp except going on the net. I took it downstairs and placed it right next to my wireless connecter, and it says there are none in range . WTF !!!
I dunno what else to say, oh, and the blinking light on the back ( well, I presume it has somin to do with wireless as it blinks when Im on wireless ) is off. What do I do, I checked all the help topics on my laptop, and they say just to go and say top check for wireless connecters in range.
Help.....

crono_logical
09-24-2005, 07:07 PM
Many laptops come with a switch on them to physically turn wireless on and off, you might have knocked that by mistake, if you can find it :D

Dreddz
09-24-2005, 08:07 PM
Were is the most likely place it would be, I fiddle around with keys sometimes. On F2, there seems to be a wireless sign, but does nothing.
Help...again ?

Samuraid
09-24-2005, 09:12 PM
There should be a special function key that you can press with F2 (assuming F2 does control wireless) to enable/disable wireless.

Dreddz
09-24-2005, 09:28 PM
I pressed F2 and every other button and nufin happened.Wtf did I do to my machine ?

crono_logical
09-25-2005, 08:24 AM
Try Fn + F2, not just F2 on it's own. Is the wireless sign on the key a different colour? The function key will probably be the same colour on the keyboard :p

Dreddz
09-25-2005, 02:21 PM
Thx, Yes, it worked.
*moves comp to room*