PDA

View Full Version : /Dance if you hate roleplay!

Destai
09-24-2005, 02:19 PM
The irritating speech, the stupid philosophies, the need to always be the hero and the extremists who "WALK" from one field to the other.

Destai dances happily!

xX.Silver.Wings.Xx
09-24-2005, 06:00 PM
if u hate role play WTF are you doin' here!!!!!!???????????

Destai
09-24-2005, 06:23 PM
if u hate role play WTF are you doin' here!!!!!!???????????Roleplay is when you talk like in Shakespheres novels (Im not sure if Shakespherians a word) and act like FFXI is the real world etc. You dont get it :/

lordblazer
09-24-2005, 06:50 PM
Ooo I see. You see D&D nerds changed the definition of Role play and everythign and he is going by such a deifinition, but des you are role playing when you play FF11. You assimilated into a fantasy world in which you interact with other people doing your job or making it big or whatever it is you do to get kicks. Your role playing because its a online role playing game.

Miriel
09-24-2005, 07:20 PM
I love it. I don't do it personally (cause I suck at it) but I think it's a lot of fun when other people roleplay while playing the game. There's not too many people who roleplay seriously on my server, so it's amusing when I run across someone who is rambling on about the blessings of Altana. :)

Destai
09-24-2005, 07:50 PM
Ooo I see. You see D&D nerds changed the definition of Role play and everythign and he is going by such a deifinition, but des you are role playing when you play FF11. You assimilated into a fantasy world in which you interact with other people doing your job or making it big or whatever it is you do to get kicks. Your role playing because its a online role playing game.Yes I mean the D&D nerds definition. I wrote few examples in my first post but I guess they werent specific enough.

Lionx
09-24-2005, 09:22 PM
They do it if they want, but if someone else doesnt wanna do it, they dont force it. And thats fine with me. See nothing wrong with it.

Ouch!
09-25-2005, 12:15 AM
It doesn't really bother me. Occasionally I'll just goof off and roleplay an idiot, but I certainly don't seriously roleplay.

DJZen
09-25-2005, 12:59 AM
Roleplay is when you talk like in Shakespheres novels (Im not sure if Shakespherians a word) and act like FFXI is the real world etc.

No, that's not what roleplaying is at all. Roleplaying is acting like another person. For example, some people enjoy roleplaying a police officer or a Japanese schoolgirl. In a ROLE PLAYING GAME you are encouraged to take on the role of another person within the confines of the world of that game. The NPCs in the world of FFXI speak in contemporary english, so roleplaying in FFXI does NOT involve using an Elizabethan dialect.

For that matter, Shakespeare wasn't a novelist, he was a playwrite. Shakesperian IS a word.

I personally don't roleplay, but only because it makes the game a lot easier when you can say things like "dude! fix your macros!" or "brb, mom needs me to help with dinner". Roleplaying is a lot of fun, but it makes the game a lot harder.

xX.Silver.Wings.Xx
09-28-2005, 08:21 PM
Sorry wrong roleplay

Kawaii Ryűkishi
09-28-2005, 09:12 PM
Hark, a goblin.

Roogle
09-30-2005, 01:58 AM
I've never seen someone actively role-playing in Final Fantasy XI.

I would probably go along with them if I noticed that they were trying to stay in character.

Lionx
09-30-2005, 02:13 AM
Yar the pirate go /hump /hump laddie! O_o

Roogle
09-30-2005, 02:16 AM
Yeah, I don't think I would play along if someone did that to me, but I really haven't seen anyone actually roleplay on Midgardsormr.

What about you, lionx?

Lionx
09-30-2005, 02:21 AM
I personally have not seen anyone do that openly. I wouldnt expect anyone to UNLESS they have an RP LS. Since FFXI does not have specific RP Servers i would guess that most RPers probably only RP inside their LS and dont impose it on others(as that be rude and expecting too much of others). I know that there are some people posting threads about RP in ffxionline, however as you can see, a majority of FFXI players dont RP. ^^;

Miriel
09-30-2005, 02:33 AM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v516/hannahgoesrawr/roleplay.jpg

Uh, yeah. Misfit and I aren't too good with the whole roleplay thing.

Jojee
09-30-2005, 02:47 AM
ROFL @ Miriel. XD

Roogle, do you play ever orpg ever?

It's funny when people roleplay in RO :p

UltimateSpamGrover
09-30-2005, 02:55 AM
Galka: I R WANT MITHKABOB.

Thats enough roleplay for you.

in Topic: I used to roleplay a Windurstian Taru even though I'm a Windurstian Hume, but now I dont roleplay anymore.

Roogle
09-30-2005, 03:09 AM
ROFL @ Miriel. XD

Roogle, do you play ever orpg ever?

It's funny when people roleplay in RO :p

I play a little of this, a little of that, but I don't let it occupy that much of my time, you know!

Shlup
09-30-2005, 04:10 AM
I like when people actually RP in RP games. Except when they talk like jackasses. There's only so much "ye old English" I can handle before I start throwing rocks.

Roogle
09-30-2005, 05:10 AM
Yes, it's a wonderful thing to see. That's why I wouldn't mind playing along if I saw someone actually doing it, but it's not that common at all in Final Fantasy XI.

Miriel
09-30-2005, 06:55 AM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v516/hannahgoesrawr/RPing.jpg

Eleni - Me
Tyno - Misfit
Travelerr - Some random dude

Roogle
09-30-2005, 11:13 AM
Was Travelerr a roleplayer?

crashNUMBERS
09-30-2005, 12:40 PM
Yar the pirate go /hump /hump laddie! O_o