PDA

View Full Version : Just for curiosity.

Future Esthar
09-24-2005, 03:54 PM
http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a53/Futuresthar/UltisCastle.jpg

This is Ultiīs castle.
Do you see that wind-like thing on the left of the picture?
It has an arch shape.But we do not know where it starts or where it ends.Itīs like it was going around the castle so we canīt see it entirely.
What do you think it is?
I had been thought about this some days ago.
First I thought it was some time flow river.
But I donīt wanna to believe it.
Why did Ultiīs castle float?
Recently I realized why.
This wind thing is a ring which rotates around the Castle.
Itīs nothing else than the Gardenīs gauge.
In fact you can see that it rotates anticlockwise on the FMV.
The light we see runniing through the Gardenīs gauge is seen on the Castle on the form of thunders (electricity).
Which means her Castle is build on a Centra shelter.

ThroneofDravaris
09-24-2005, 04:08 PM
Well, I always thought that the idea of the castle was that it was a 'dark' parody of a garden. Just like Ultimecia's black wings could be considered a parody of Rinoa's white wings. So yeah, the wind might be some form of 'gauge' or whatever you want to call it.

I'll have to watch the FMV again though...

Squall of SeeD
09-24-2005, 04:23 PM
Notice, though, Future, that the black mess of... whatever it is... goes off the bottom of the screen. It doesn't actually go around the castle itself like the Garden rings do.

Future Esthar
09-24-2005, 04:24 PM
And when one looks to the Castle one can see a resemblance with the conical shape of the Garden.The tower and the bridge also has a resemble.Nothing important at all.Just to add.

Notice, though, Future, that the black mess of... whatever it is... goes off the bottom of the screen. It doesn't actually go around the castle itself like the Garden rings do.

Note how it has similar colors with the surroundings.
It has something that make it transparent(I donīt know what it is,seriously).

Xaven
09-25-2005, 06:18 AM
And when one looks to the Castle one can see a resemblance with the conical shape of the Garden.The tower and the bridge also has a resemble.Nothing important at all.Just to add.
That is an excellent obsevation of how Ultimecia's castle resembles the gardens. However, I believe that pyramidical is a better word to describe garden's general shape but I suppose conical is okay.

Note how it has similar colors with the surroundings.
It has something that make it transparent(I donīt know what it is,seriously).
That doesn't quite address what Squall of Seed mentioned.

Future Esthar
09-25-2005, 03:28 PM
Thanks for the compliment Xaven.Maybe itīs really pyramidical.

Maybe the gauge is going berserk.
It also happens on the Trabia Crater.
However we see the entire gauge because the berserk was not as strong as Ultiīs Castle ones.
Time compression could had an effect on it.

There is a clock tower on the castle.The gauges there work.However the clock donīt seems to work.
These gauges were to control the Big gauge.

So time compression could have some relation with this big gauge and itīs misterious missing part.

enigma1234
09-25-2005, 04:35 PM
Ultimecia's castle is in an another world(remember the portals?) and I think the dark thing in the left picture is a dark wind(remember when you walk in the halls were you will see the dark clouds moving? it only means that ultimecia's castle is in another world because you wont find her castle in the map and clouds only move's when a planet rotates it's axis, actually clouds doesnt moves but the planet does.

I think the reason why ultimecia's castle is floating because there is a dark matter below and above it(example: when you try to compel the north and south ends of the magnet and let go of the north side and hold the south end you will see that the north edge will float above the south end of the magnet) just like the castle of ultimecia.

Aren't you curious why there are chains all over ultimecia's castle?
Because it might get sucked-up by the dark matter(gravity) surrounding the castle.

Skyblade
09-25-2005, 07:07 PM
It's the black wind!

The black wind begins to howl...

See, Ulti's castle is really the underwater palace. Ulti is trying to awaken Lavos.

Oops, wrong game.

G SpOtZ
09-25-2005, 07:45 PM
i'm gonna bring my own theory into this.

when you go into the underwater research center, zell mentions that he heard it was for magic, with drawing and stuff...
but at the very bottom, you fight ultima weapon and you get eden from him. when they were researching down there, they discovered Eden.. and they started doing expirements with it, but then Ultima Weapon appeared, junctioned griever, and whiped out all the scientists. have you noticed that eden looks like balamb garden upside down kind of? and the biblical name is the Garden of Eden, yeah? GARDEN... yeahhhh... so the scientists that were down there a long time ago were actually the ones who came up with the idea for Gardens, but Edea took the idea and added SeeD's to it.

LOL XD

GunbladeMaster
09-25-2005, 09:21 PM
HELLOOOOO!!!?? Ultimecia is a SORCERESS. She has magical powers. She can do anything she wants let alone make castles float. she accidenty overcasted float making it want to float away into Space. So she chained it down using her buddies that we have to fight in her castle. The Black wind thing is The Darkside Of the Force that is being controlled by Ulti. SUE SQUARE FOR USING STAR WARS!!!

Future Esthar
09-26-2005, 08:07 PM
Donīt forget that magic has scientific explanation on FF8.

CaladBolgLionHeart
09-27-2005, 01:04 AM
HELLOOOOO!!!?? Ultimecia is a SORCERESS. She has magical powers. She can do anything she wants let alone make castles float. she accidenty overcasted float making it want to float away into Space. So she chained it down using her buddies that we have to fight in her castle. The Black wind thing is The Darkside Of the Force that is being controlled by Ulti. SUE SQUARE FOR USING STAR WARS!!!

DUDE. GunbladeMaster totally just dropped mad knowledge on all your unsuspecting craniums, homie! AND he threw a joke in there?!? Two thumbs up. (Besides all that, he's probably right)

GunbladeMaster
09-27-2005, 11:38 AM
thanks CaladBolgLionHeart

muzzer
09-27-2005, 11:51 AM
my guess would be dark magic

Future Esthar
09-27-2005, 12:57 PM
As I said,magic has scientific explanation on FF8.
Gauges,also.
So Ulti needs a Gauge to float the Castle (something that this magic would require).
Why Ulti wanna the Castle to float?
You know,you can think of magic as a substance.It needs to be stored,processed,etc...
Itīs a substance(and/or energy form) whose mechanics were mysterious.But I think it is material anyway(not spiritual).Itīs not that I am a skeptic.Is that it is how it works on FF8.
If Ulti can float just with magic why would she use wings for example?
Now imagine the Castle(an object with more weight than Ulti).
Magic serves as a fuel which makes the Clock gauges work and make the Castle float and move.
I will advance and say that there is time type magic applied on the gauge.
Now one can explain the mysterious missing part of the Gauge.
It was absorbed into time.
The entire castle is also to be absorbed into time.
During this state the Gauge is going berserk.

Skyblade
09-27-2005, 04:48 PM
As I said,magic has scientific explanation on FF8.
Gauges,also.
So Ulti needs a Gauge to float the Castle (something that this magic would require).
Why Ulti wanna the Castle to float?
You know,you can think of magic as a substance.It needs to be stored,processed,etc...
Itīs a substance(and/or energy form) whose mechanics were mysterious.But I think it is material anyway(not spiritual).Itīs not that I am a skeptic.Is that it is how it works on FF8.
If Ulti can float just with magic why would she use wings for example?
Now imagine the Castle(an object with more weight than Ulti).
Magic serves as a fuel which makes the Clock gauges work and make the Castle float and move.
I will advance and say that there is time type magic applied on the gauge.
Now one can explain the mysterious missing part of the Gauge.
It was absorbed into time.
The entire castle is also to be absorbed into time.
During this state the Gauge is going berserk.

Ok, something you need to get through your head. Ulti is an endgame villain. Therefore the entire reason why much of the seemingless pointless things that she does is because they look cool. Her wings, the floating castle, etc. How could Ulti face other awesome endgame FF bosses like Sephy, Kefka, and Chaos ever again if she dressed like a poor crack whore and lived in the gutter?

Future Esthar
09-27-2005, 06:48 PM
It didnīt matter.Everything needs an explanation on FF 7,8.
Garden is not an endgame thing and it looks cool.
The castle is time traveling gradually and since the missing part of the ring goes to the BACK of the castle one concludes that the effect goes from the back of the castle to the beach.
At this time Ulti hadnīt programmed the Castle to time travel at a certain position (x,y,z).At this time the time travelling was manual.

ThroneofDravaris
09-27-2005, 07:26 PM
WTF?!

Since when does the Castle time travel?!

Christmas
09-27-2005, 07:43 PM
The word "magic" itself suggest itself that it cannot be explained by science and if it have an explaination on FF VIII, then how do stone statues come to life and attack people?

And you are going to claim Ultimecia's castle is a time travelling machine based on some black clouds?

Do you spend your entire life just looking at every single minor details of the game from the FMV to the dialogues just to find something unexplained then relate it to something complicated?

GunbladeMaster
09-27-2005, 08:35 PM
u lost me after "time travelling"

G SpOtZ
09-27-2005, 10:52 PM
should probably stop poppin those pills...

just kidding. that was mean. sorry.
but for real, you're looking way too into this. none of it really matters anyway. you're making it sound like you're absolutely right and the things ur saying are facts, but you don't even have good evidence. your throwing random information at us and saying that it's "evidence" when it's really not. it's really a theory with NO good explaination. sure, some parts of ffviii explain science with magic, like in the deep sea research center. but remember, ffviii is a game, and a completely different world. things that are impossible in our world can definitely be possible in that world, because it's a game. why can't you just accept the fact that the designers wanted to make things look cool? they don't expect you to look at every little detail and think about it hard enough until you can come up with insane stupid theories, ya know?

Future Esthar
09-27-2005, 11:38 PM
You are right.Sometimes they arenīt really evidence.
But thatīs not really the case with the MEGA TOPIC thread.

If your attitude is that it is just a game then let it be.
But understand that not everyone thinks like you.
So I will post for these ones.

The word "magic" itself suggest itself that it cannot be explained by science and if it have an explaination on FF VIII, then how do stone statues come to life and attack people?

Donīt know.Asks Odine :D

And you are going to claim Ultimecia's castle is a time travelling machine based on some black clouds?

No.In fact the characters time travel when they pass through the portals.Itīs stupid to say that world is on the same time as Ultiīs.
Not only her castle is not seen on the world map but there werenīt real changes.
Also,Edeaīs house isnīt on THE FIELD anymore.

Other than that,the word TIME COMPRESSION says something to you?

G SpOtZ
09-27-2005, 11:45 PM
i heard about this one disease that causes someone to not be able to to tell the difference between reality and fantasy.

Future Esthar
09-27-2005, 11:58 PM
Fantasy has scientific explanation at least on FF7 and 8.
They were not like Dungeons and Dragons nor like the Legend of Zelda.I am sure of that.

G SpOtZ
09-28-2005, 12:15 AM
i don't remember scientific explainations, but if there is, i'd be interested. please post quotes from the game that give "IRRIFUTABLE EVIDENCE" that there is a scientific explaination for the concept of magic.

Craig
09-28-2005, 12:30 AM

Biggs and Wedge.

G SpOtZ
09-28-2005, 12:55 AM

Biggs and Wedge.
Aeris sucks.

Xaven
09-28-2005, 12:56 AM
i heard about this one disease that causes someone to not be able to to tell the difference between reality and fantasy.
I can't help but crack up when I read that line! :laugh:

They key word behind all of this "video game".
*(Video game is a compound word)

CaladBolgLionHeart
09-28-2005, 01:23 AM

It's called BS-Itis. Just helpin' out, ya know?

Future Esthar
09-28-2005, 03:00 AM
You just need to go to the information section of the "tutorial" and the Balamb Garden network.
I thought it was evident to everyone.

G SpOtZ
09-28-2005, 03:44 AM
i asked for a quote.

Qurange
09-28-2005, 05:00 AM
Actually, Future Esthar, I remember what you're talking about, but that's an explanation for para-magic, not for magic itself. Magic as used by Sorceresses has fewer limits, as evidenced by the animation of the Iguions and Time Compression.

Unless you were talking about something else, of course.

Christmas
09-28-2005, 12:04 PM

No.In fact the characters time travel when they pass through the portals.Itīs stupid to say that world is on the same time as Ultiīs.
Not only her castle is not seen on the world map but there werenīt real changes.
Also,Edeaīs house isnīt on THE FIELD anymore.

Other than that,the word TIME COMPRESSION says something to you?

So what do the word TIME COMPRESSION had to do with the black clouds and everything related to this thread?

Fantasy has scientific explanation at least on FF7 and 8.
They were not like Dungeons and Dragons nor like the Legend of Zelda.I am sure of that.

Then post some facts to enlighten us then.

You just need to go to the information section of the "tutorial" and the Balamb Garden network.
I thought it was evident to everyone.

When do you start relying on the stuff in the infomation section since you said those are lies since they are stuffs known to their world which is masterminded by "X".

Anyway,there is no proper explaination to magic except for para-magic.

Future Esthar
09-28-2005, 12:59 PM
Thatīs it.But where in the game it says magic is not para-magic?

Sir Bahamut
09-28-2005, 01:38 PM
Well, you know, simply the fact that they are called different things should act as a clue to that they are different in some way, but maybe that's too subtle.

Qurange
09-28-2005, 01:43 PM

It says as much on the Garden computer network--that para-magic isn't really magic, but a technique involving controlling energy, developed by Dr. Odine after his research on the Sorceresses.

Christmas
09-28-2005, 02:07 PM

This is something about para magic and sorceress:

http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a155/Unknowns2/Para.jpg

and this is something about magic, sorceress and Hyne:

http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a155/Unknowns2/magic.jpg

Go compare it yourself.

Future Esthar
09-28-2005, 02:36 PM
Some researchers discovered electricity by looking at thunders.They used metallic objects to atract it and discover itīs properties.It was then called electricity.And it is used on many different devices today.
Which means of course that thunders and electricity werenīt the same.
Electricity thus,has scientific explanation unlike thunders which comes from the gods.
NOTE:STUPIDITY OF COURSE.

Qurange
09-28-2005, 02:45 PM
It's not the same thing, and the information given at the computer in the second floor classroom specifically states as such. (I don't have the PC version of FFVIII, so I can't get a screen capture, but it is there for the finding. Correct me if I'm remembering wrongly.) Besides, comparing an artificial technique meant to simulate what is basically the fragmented power of a god and the harnessing of a natural force is doomed to failure. They're apples and oranges.

Christmas
09-28-2005, 03:04 PM
You can generate electricity from generators which is like drawing magic from monsters/etc.

Thunder and lightning is natural itself, which is like magic.

Future Esthar
09-28-2005, 03:10 PM
It was supposed to be stupid.It was an alegory to your senseless argument.

You can generate electricity from generators which is like drawing magic from monsters/etc.

Thatīs right Unknowns.

Qurange
09-28-2005, 03:19 PM
The way that I always understood it, para-magic is much more limited than 'true' magic, which is why the GF is required to achieve power on a level with conventional weaponry, as the game seems to state. While para-magic users can only make use of very specific spells and abilities, a Sorceress is able to perform any number of different tasks with her magic, seemingly limited only by her power and imagination--the Sorceress rewrites reality, while the para-magic user manipulates energy to simulate effects. Now, that might be just my interpretation, of course, but I notice that there was no Warp spell, for instance, despite Edea's ability to teleport and to walk through walls. That's the main reason that I figured that para-magic is a less powerful, more rigidly structured way of manipulating energy that's derived from magic but is watered-down, for lack of a better term.

If we don't agree on that, then okie dokie. But, that's the position I was speaking from.

Future Esthar
09-28-2005, 05:07 PM
If para-magic has scientific explanation and it is derived from magic then magic has scientific explanation on FF8.Even though they werenīt the same thing.

G SpOtZ
09-28-2005, 10:18 PM
i think if i ever somehow saw what's in ur mind, my body would collapse into nothingness and i'd become a blackhole that sux everything in.

Christmas
09-29-2005, 12:05 AM
It was supposed to be stupid.It was an alegory to your senseless argument.

Thatīs right Unknowns.

So I am trying to said, para-magic and magic is different, they aren't the same.

Qurange
09-29-2005, 10:49 AM
If para-magic has scientific explanation and it is derived from magic then magic has scientific explanation on FF8.Even though they werenīt the same thing.

Not quite. The only explanation FFVIII gives for magic itself, not para-magic, is that it comes from Hyne--and even that isn't confirmed as anything more than a legend. Magic is left to be mysterious.

...but, even if it weren't, I don't see how it would help your point. Magic being explainable wouldn't lessen its power; there's still no reason to think that Ultimecia's castle isn't the way it is because she made it that way herself, unless I've missed something.