PDA

View Full Version : What do you think about Vincent Valentine

DarkLord
09-24-2005, 08:12 PM
Kinda self explanatory, blab away. I think that Vincent is a pretty weird character. And I want to know what you really think about him.

TurkSlayer
09-24-2005, 08:18 PM
Vincent was my favorite character. A dark, brooding man with a painful past. Seeking vengence and redemption for what happened to Lucrecia. That, and without Vincent, we wouldn't have learned as much of Sephiroth, Jenova, and Hojo's background which, while not exactly neccesary, is nice to have.

Dreddz
09-24-2005, 08:18 PM
Hes a good addition in FFVII, I would rate him nearer the bottem than the other characters. But there all great.

Ohhh
09-24-2005, 08:37 PM
well at first i didnt really hav an opnion he was just like... there
but now i think hes awsome :D the outfit... the attitude... the hair/bandana combo.. oh yeah

Shoden
09-24-2005, 08:54 PM
He pwns In AC just wait till DOC and you'll see how much of a badass He really is.

DarkLord
09-24-2005, 10:11 PM
Thank you! I've finally found someone else who likes Vincent, my other thread, http://forums.eyesonff.com/showthread.php?t=70725
only got Cid's and Cloud, no one but me said Vince... Last time I checked.

Crazy4Tidus
09-25-2005, 01:21 AM
He is the greatest character ever! Reno is pretty cool but Vincent is just awesome!
He has the best limit brakes, best attitude, prettiest hair, coolest clothes, a golden claw, and that stylish red bandana.

DarkLord
09-25-2005, 04:54 AM
I love you people! To moderate boundaries.

Crop
09-25-2005, 07:11 PM
I dont see what was so great about him, I dont really like him.

G SpOtZ
09-25-2005, 07:52 PM
i wanted to see him as a turk... like, a prequel of a very long time ago, when he knew lucrecia and he was associated with the turks, simply because the turks are the collest bunch of people in the game.

Rengori
09-25-2005, 07:55 PM
He pwns In AC (I haven't seen AC so I wouldn't know) just wait till DOC and you'll see how much of a badass He really is.

KoShiatar
09-25-2005, 09:49 PM
i wanted to see him as a turk... like, a prequel of a very long time ago, when he knew lucrecia and he was associated with the turks, simply because the turks are the collest bunch of people in the game.

Just like that. Actually I like him like he is now, too. I have a soft spot for guys that face love unrequited and a lot of rotten luck (that's probably why I'm so fond of Kain from FF IV, too).

Vaprice
09-26-2005, 12:17 AM
he's a vampire...who lives in a coffin...

what else more is there to say?

Quiksilver326
09-26-2005, 01:23 AM
I think he's pretty cool. He's in my sig and my 2nd favorite FF character. (Behind Cloud)

Wedge
09-26-2005, 05:17 AM
...and my 2nd favorite FF character. (Behind Cloud)

Have to agree with him on there. They both share mysterious qualities which I enjoy about gaming personalities.

Light Mage
09-26-2005, 06:33 PM
Light Mage:
"I don't even tend to add him to my party. His Limit breaks make him uncontrolable, and he dosn't contribute any materia to your team when he joins."

daniel999
09-27-2005, 08:51 AM
cool hed be much better if he had a gun and a sword like dante

DarkLord
09-27-2005, 03:40 PM
cool hed be much better if he had a gun and a sword like dante
Swords look much cooler and have more style than a gun, but guns are more affective, and long range, so i'd like to see him with a gunblade.

Summoner Yuna
09-27-2005, 05:20 PM
Vincent my favourite character (along with Sephiroth)

FFX_fanatiq
09-28-2005, 03:59 AM
HES COOL AS COOOLNES CAN BE!

=Angelus=
09-28-2005, 10:25 AM
Try his sniper, with deathblow
an almost critical hit, everytime :D
(+ his stats are pretty good when i first met him)

Anniexo
10-02-2005, 08:12 PM
Vincent my favourite character (along with Sephiroth)

am with ya on that

Yoruhoshi
10-02-2005, 10:25 PM
Vincent kicks butt. He's my second favorite character, outdone only by Cid (don't ask why.) The fics I've found on the net about VIncent arguing with Chaos are the best!! Especially the one about Chaos taking a coffee break in the middle of battle against Ruby Weapon and ticking everyone off. That was hilarious! ^.^

Vincent69
10-03-2005, 01:27 PM
Vincent is my fave FF character of all time. His attitude and everything rocks cant wait for DOC.

DarknessFromAbove
10-03-2005, 02:13 PM
Vinnie is the best! He's pretty strange, but so am I, so he totaly rox
:love: :love: :love:

Rubix
10-03-2005, 03:35 PM
He is the greatest character ever! Reno is pretty cool but Vincent is just awesome!
He has the best limit brakes, best attitude, prettiest hair, coolest clothes, a golden claw, and that stylish red bandana.

Sorry but I think his limit breaks suck. The only person worse is Cait Sith

Light Mage
10-03-2005, 05:17 PM
Especially when one of his limit break attacks ends up HEALING your enemy because he's just launched an attack based on an element your opponent absorbs!

Chris
10-03-2005, 06:21 PM
Vincent didn't make a lasting impression on me. I thought his story was good enough, but the character himself was not well executed.

Anniexo
10-03-2005, 08:20 PM
Vinnie is the best! He's pretty strange, but so am I, so he totaly rox
:love: :love: :love:

that's like i like him :)

KoShiatar
10-03-2005, 09:29 PM
I loved Vincent, but I have to admitt that if you don't give him a crapload of sources, or your strongest materia, he's not that good in fight at all.

Chris
10-03-2005, 11:11 PM
I don't actually remember his ultimate Limit Break... refresh my memory please. :D

Skyblade
10-04-2005, 12:02 AM
Vincent's L4 Limit Break: Chaos

A giant winged demon.
Attacks:
Chaos Saber: Basically Slash-All
Stan Slam: Giant flaming skulls deal heavy non-elemental damage/instant death to everyone.

Rubix
10-04-2005, 08:23 AM
Especially when one of his limit break attacks ends up HEALING your enemy because he's just launched an attack based on an element your opponent absorbs!

Indeed :tongue:

Skyblade
10-04-2005, 08:26 AM
Problem solved: Obtain Chaos. None of his attacks are Elemental based.

nik0tine
10-04-2005, 08:54 AM
Vincent is actually one of my favorite characters in FFVII.

DarkLord
10-04-2005, 03:51 PM
nik0tine, well done on fugue #2 in C. pure class. I wish I was that good. I'l stick to twinkle, twinkle remixes though. lol :p

RaidenWeb17
10-06-2005, 09:16 PM
Vincent is just cool. When i got his third limit break and that chainsaw guy appeared i just laughed my head off. Then when his Chaos limit break appeard it reminded my off Diablos. And that just made it even cooler.

DarkLord
10-07-2005, 03:39 PM
I remember how I reacted the first time I saw his third Limit Break, In a word, rofl.

Mercen-X
10-07-2005, 11:02 PM
I won a fight against fire absorption Schizo with only Galian Beast and a Fire Elemental absorb materia. Galian's physical Berserk Dance managed to defeat Schizo despite healing him with Beast Flare. At first, I just thought the game would get caught in a kind of loop because his elemental attack healed Schizo so much and he used it so often.

DarkLord
11-11-2005, 03:54 PM
I kill you with my chainsaw, mwahaha. Oh god i'm depressed.

GunbladeMaster
11-11-2005, 03:55 PM
Take Preperation H ^_^

Tenaku
11-16-2005, 02:26 PM
Vincent kicks butt. He's my second favorite character, outdone only by Cid (don't ask why.) The fics I've found on the net about VIncent arguing with Chaos are the best!! Especially the one about Chaos taking a coffee break in the middle of battle against Ruby Weapon and ticking everyone off. That was hilarious! ^.^
Could you direct me to this fanfic? My friend and I would like to read it cuz it sounds hilarious ^.^

BTW Vincent is also my fav FFVII character, the looks, the attitude, the creepiness, the tragic past, he's got it all.

Sephitachi7
11-21-2005, 05:43 PM
He's cool.

Divine Comédie
11-25-2005, 10:30 AM
he is the best, like a father to the others, we can see it in the film... The problem is that the game doesn't speak enough of his past, and Vincent is not enough important, because he is like Yuffie, if you don't find him, you can follow the story...

blackwinged_cloud
11-25-2005, 12:30 PM
I thought that vincent was similar to cloud, minus the coolness of course, i mean also like a futuristic cloud. cloud will lose aries and regret letting her die right

Mo-Nercy
11-25-2005, 01:32 PM
He's quite a character, alright.

I would be pretty buggered in the head too if I loved the woman that gave birth to Sephiroth, got amputated, had a metal claw attached, was abandoned by the Shinra, was given the ability to mutate into strange creatures and slept in a coffin.

He's a cool guy. I can't imagine a game of FF7 where you don't get him.

raskerino
11-25-2005, 02:34 PM
He was pretty cool.

Shiny
11-25-2005, 09:26 PM
Because he's Vincent freaking Valentine!

galateamakiano
11-25-2005, 11:55 PM
he's a vampire...who lives in a coffin...

what else more is there to say?

Vincent isn't a vampire, he just slept in the coffin

vinnie's mini's
11-26-2005, 06:40 PM
Well do I like Vincent Valentine? Of course I do, I love him!! He is the sexiest final fantasy guy, I've ever seen! I love everything about him, his hair, his clothes, his weaopon, everything I just love him. Im obessesed! I haven't seen AC yet but I can't get enough of him in the trailers, he's so handsome!!!!

vampirepiggyhunter7
11-26-2005, 10:38 PM
Vincent rocks.

weapon
11-27-2005, 08:17 AM
my top party (with game shark)

sephiroth
areis
vincent

vincent rocks

Pouring Rain
11-28-2005, 05:34 PM
Ooh, he is like the sexiest thing not alive. Anyway, I love and adore him. Although he does have the "vampire" look, it just makes me love him even more. Bad and evil just kinda turn me on.

vinnie's mini's
11-29-2005, 08:37 PM
Ooh, he is like the sexiest thing not alive. Anyway, I love and adore him. Although he does have the "vampire" look, it just makes me love him even more. Bad and evil just kinda turn me on, lol.
I can so agree with you. He turns me on too, he's so handsome..........

Light Mage
11-29-2005, 11:44 PM
Vincent has never had a girlfriend.

Why do you think he has a cyber-arm?

Cloud_omnislash_Strife
12-01-2005, 12:27 PM
I think he is mysterious

DarkLord
12-02-2005, 04:12 PM
There are a lot of Vinny fans out there. He is so great... And have you noticed that recently Cloud has become more like vincent... Okay the KH version is. In fact, as we speak I am making a vincent sig that I made myself. He's so great!
Three cheers for Vincent.
Hip hip...
*Watches for replies...*

Shiny
12-02-2005, 10:21 PM
There are a lot of Vinny fans out there. He is so great... And have you noticed that recently Cloud has become more like vincent... Okay the KH version is. In fact, as we speak I am making a vincent sig that I made myself. He's so great!
Three cheers for Vincent.
Hip hip...
*Watches for replies...*
...*Crickets*...*ahem* Anyway, I don't think he's a vampire per se but Hojo did alter him alot and made him into a superhuman it seemed.

Sephiroths Son
12-03-2005, 02:41 PM
[!]A vont to fuck you, mwa hah![/!]
*snip*

I advise you to watch your language and what you post. Posts such as this one are NOT acceptable at this forum. ~ Leeza

Project G
12-03-2005, 04:17 PM
Vincent rawks, with the cape and the darkness and the coolness

Zodiac
12-06-2005, 12:51 AM
Vincent is a vampire who has kool powers and a top notch attitude..really kool

Cloud#1
12-06-2005, 02:33 AM
Hes cool he has cool limit breaks hes a vapire whats not cool about him

DarkLord
12-08-2005, 03:56 PM
He's not technically A vampire but it's close enough that no one cares. If anyone objects to Vincent prepare to meet Chaos. Yeeheeheehee... Or is it Mwahahahaha

Sephiroths Son
01-13-2006, 04:15 PM
I believe it's Bwahahaha

Demon666
01-13-2006, 05:43 PM
I'm sorry I just have to say it.............Vincent and Sephiroth are the best.
period........

I don't care if my opinion moves u............

mooglebunni608
01-13-2006, 08:17 PM
vincent is so awesome..... it took forever to get him into my party..... but it was worth it.
his limit breaks scare me xD

Shiny
01-14-2006, 02:11 AM
I'm sorry I just have to say it.............Vincent and Sephiroth are the best.
period........

I don't care if my opinion moves u............
Your opinion moves me, truly. I am in tears.

Setzer Gabianni
01-14-2006, 12:28 PM
Where on earth do people get this crazy idea about Vincent being a vampire? He does not suck people's blood, turn into a bat - he just got genetically altered or summut bu Hojo many years ago in the game.

Anyway, Vincent, to be honest, good in the game, but because of the ridiculous game he has, DC ( why oh why? ), and the hype about him and his "gothness", "vampiric - ness" and " OMG, HE HAS A COOL GUN!" I really don't care for him.

Lost Number
01-14-2006, 12:50 PM
I think I will play DoC before I say it is ridiculous. Fairs fair. If it turns out to be better than Timesplitters, you might look dumb.

Setzer Gabianni
01-14-2006, 02:26 PM
Never played timesplitters. I just do not agree with DC in general. We dio not need 476734 games to finish the compilation. Couldn't we have just stuck with AC or a remake? D:

Lost Number
01-14-2006, 02:30 PM
Timesplitters is like the best ever mp fps game.
I just think wait and play the game. Rent it or whatever. Its not the story, it is the game that matters.

Setzer Gabianni
01-14-2006, 02:46 PM
The story does matter. If it is not related to FFVII or has just randomly inputted characters in there for the sake of it, then it's not going to be a good compilation game. If Vincent was so important enough to have his own game, why not be a main cast member?

Lost Number
01-14-2006, 02:51 PM
Well obviously. Square Enix have a rep for excellent storylines, its the gameplay you should be worried about.

DarkLord
01-17-2006, 03:40 PM
He has a point, IX aside, FF storylines so far have been 10/10, I reckon it's the Japanese imagination, but anyway, If it beats Timesplitters I'll kiss myself. Purely because no one likes me enough to let me. *sob*... If I was Vincent on the other hand.

Ansem/Sephy
01-18-2006, 03:18 AM
^ o . . . k . . .

i liked Vincent . . . he was a cool and mysterious character, maybe kinda cold at times, but a good guy at heart . . .

Heero Yuy NWZC
01-18-2006, 05:12 AM
FFIX rocked! i don't know what ur talking about. Vincent was sweet as well! his clothes, his limit break, his claw(that was a nice feature), and his depressing attituse and background. ppl think he's a vampire because he came out of that coffin.

DarkLord
02-28-2006, 04:00 PM
Okay, I have since my last post played IX again and now add that as being as good as the others.

Vincentsinnerdemon
02-28-2006, 11:01 PM
Vincent is the best character ever!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The best clothes, best background, and the best limits(if you know when to use 'em).

yuffiesblaze
03-01-2006, 03:43 AM
Vincent is COOL!One of my favs.

Shadow The Red XIII Thing
03-01-2006, 04:16 AM
The best thing about him is he has a gun and not a sword. No I dont care what you say guns are way more affective than swords in real life

Shiny
03-01-2006, 04:38 AM
The best thing about him is he has a gun and not a sword. No I dont care what you say guns are way more affective than swords in real life
No you're wrong guns are more affective than swords in real life.:) Congrats! You know how I know this, I've been in the projects before. :eep:

Leeza
03-01-2006, 04:52 AM
No you're wrong guns are more affective than swords in real life.:) Congrats! You know how I know this, I've been in the projects before. :eep:
How is he wrong, SG? You have just said exactly what Shadow has said.

Shiny
03-01-2006, 04:57 AM
How is he wrong, SG? You have just said exactly what Shadow has said.
I know it was a joke. Thus why I put the smilie face and then said congrats by commending him.

Dell
03-02-2006, 09:22 AM
Vincent is a cool character, I just don't like serious character, I like it to be like Cloud and Zidane. Though the coolness will off if he becomes funny............

~SapphireStar~
03-02-2006, 07:26 PM
I guess hes ok, he didnt really stand out to me.

d£v!l'$ ph0£n!x
03-02-2006, 08:59 PM
i think he's too withdrawn for his own good. though 20-odd yrs in a coffin with an eternal nightmare will do that to a guy! basically, he's an all round emo!

Death Penalty
03-03-2006, 02:15 AM
[!]Damn that Emo /xxx.gif/xxx.gif/xxx.gif/xxx.gif is pissin me off. Not that anyone here has said just on another forum. Anywho HE IS NOT A DAMN EMU I MEAN EMO[/!]*snip*

Did I not already ask you to tone down your posting before? I'm very sure I did. ~ Leeza

Shiny
03-04-2006, 02:04 AM
[!]
Ofcourse I did hear this from the crackhead on my corna
Was the crackhead Whitney Houston?[/!]
Anywayz, why do people think he's a vampire? I mean he did live in a coffin but I don't recall the game mentioning anything about turning him into a vampire. He was turned into a monster but I don't think specifically a vampire. Then he would want to suck blood and wouldn't be able to go out in the sun (which he was able to obviously).

boys from the dwarf
03-04-2006, 04:31 PM
i like characters with a lot of mystery behind them and also just plain cool characters. vincent is both of those things. his past is very interesting and there are so many good reasons to like him. vincent is definetly in my top 3 favourite charcters.

DarkLord
03-07-2006, 03:37 PM
More affective maybe, but swords have much more style etc. etc. So I proclaim that the ultimate weapon is the Gunblade!

Death Penalty
03-08-2006, 04:20 AM
Style blah blah blah the ultimate weapon is a gun no gunblade.

Zeromus_X
03-08-2006, 04:50 AM
Vincent is a cool character. He's just....lacking in the battle department. His limit is okay, but you can't control him. And unless you want to kill 9,999 monsters with him, you're better using other characters' Ultimate Weapons.

Thought it is hilarious to see Chaos duking it out with Safer Sephiroth :D :cat:

Vincent's Valentine
03-12-2006, 06:04 AM
Vincent Valentine is, in my opinion, the most articulately developed characters in the series. The majority of reason behind people liking him listed here is that he ‘looks neat.’ His shoes suck. Vincent is very much a coherent and realistic metaphor. When you first encounter him, he is cold and tormented. He wants nothing to do with Cloud until he hears about Sephiroth- and even at that point, is reluctant to join. He’d prefer self-inflicted damnation and isolation to any sort of social interaction, even abiding by his personal motives. As time goes by, his outlook and personality begin to shift. A sociological attachment is bonded between himself and the other protagonists, expressing concern and a willingness to participate in their endeavors. He even laughs.

Vincent is genetically altered, so that he cannot physically die. As much as he yearns to cease from exsistance (He’s laying in a casket for 30 years...) He cannot. By default, he is forced onward, and make the best of the situations he has been cast into. Impassive at the beginning, he is adscripted to continue, tragedy dismissed. Vincent then becomes a implicit comparison for healing, and personal growth. Regardless of any progress made, his past is still relevant, and presents itself in physical incarnations. With all assiduousness, this is why Hojo altered him the way he did– His arm, his eyes, his soul. An inescapable and forced reminder of what, and who, he is.

As human as he becomes... there is still a beast lurking within.

Twilight Edge
03-12-2006, 12:48 PM
Vincent Valentine is, in my opinion, the most articulately developed characters in the series. The majority of reason behind people liking him listed here is that he ‘looks neat.’ His shoes suck. Vincent is very much a coherent and realistic metaphor. When you first encounter him, he is cold and tormented. He wants nothing to do with Cloud until he hears about Sephiroth- and even at that point, is reluctant to join. He’d prefer self-inflicted damnation and isolation to any sort of social interaction, even abiding by his personal motives. As time goes by, his outlook and personality begin to shift. A sociological attachment is bonded between himself and the other protagonists, expressing concern and a willingness to participate in their endeavors. He even laughs.

Vincent is genetically altered, so that he cannot physically die. As much as he yearns to cease from exsistance (He’s laying in a casket for 30 years...) He cannot. By default, he is forced onward, and make the best of the situations he has been cast into. Impassive at the beginning, he is adscripted to continue, tragedy dismissed. Vincent then becomes a implicit comparison for healing, and personal growth. Regardless of any progress made, his past is still relevant, and presents itself in physical incarnations. With all assiduousness, this is why Hojo altered him the way he did– His arm, his eyes, his soul. An inescapable and forced reminder of what, and who, he is.

Wow...you could start a Vincent Valentine novel.Really,you express things very well.

In my opinion,Vincent is OK but his shoes just don't match him.His limit breaks are strong but it's no point using it if you can't control him.Gunslingers are usually the cool ones,but he way better with a gunblade,a combo is always better than a normal weapon.All in all, I say Vincent is an acceptable character.

The Cosmo Memory
03-12-2006, 03:59 PM
when Zeromus_X said Vincent is a cool character. He's just....lacking in the battle department.

I totally dont agree.

Vincent is AWESOME in the battle department but if u think he lacks you obviously havent trained him enough. He's my 3rd best guy.

DarkLord
03-16-2006, 04:15 PM
3rd best! He's my number two and still moving up the chart.

chocobo hunter
03-16-2006, 06:50 PM
I really like how they presented Vincent's past which is very dark I loved how they made him a Turk and How he loved Lucreicia and lost her to Hojo that was brillent. What I am really curious about his connection to Yuffie and Wutai and his resilence to Jenova's Infuence since he has cells inside of his body.

Death Penalty
03-17-2006, 12:50 AM
I really like how they presented Vincent's past which is very dark I loved how they made him a Turk and How he loved Lucreicia and lost her to Hojo that was brillent. What I am really curious about his connection to Yuffie and Wutai and his resilence to Jenova's Infuence since he has cells inside of his body.
Actually the Jenova is Chaos. Just some help.

Zeromus_X
03-17-2006, 03:00 AM
when Zeromus_X said Vincent is a cool character. He's just....lacking in the battle department.

I totally dont agree.

Vincent is AWESOME in the battle department but if u think he lacks you obviously havent trained him enough. He's my 3rd best guy.

Yes, Vincent is powerful if you train him. However, All the other characters require little training at all, and you'd have to spend hours to power up Vincent's Ultimate Weapon. And compared to all of the other characters Limit Breaks, Vincent's would be the worst. (They arent't as powerful, and you can't control him.) And Limits are really the only thing that make characters more or less powerful in this game.

So Vincent isn't horrible, he's just the least powerful character as compared to the others.

Storywise, Vincent is probably the most intriguing character in the game, IMO. :cat:

Crossblades
03-17-2006, 02:30 PM
I think Vincent is cool. He's all mysterious and whatnot. Kinda reminds me of Shadow

DarkLord
03-17-2006, 03:51 PM

Couldn't have put it better myself. Vincent not only looks awesome (apart from the crazy boots) but he has the best background, that's why I think he's so great!

Kaspian K
03-18-2006, 05:52 AM
I've always found myself amazingly indifferent toward Vincent. For whatever reason, he just didn't pop for me like some of the other characters did. He was okay, but I don't think I would miss him if he was never in the game.

Vincent Valentine
03-20-2006, 05:14 PM
Would I be stating the obvious I proclaimed my love from Vincent? :)

Vincent has always stuck out in my mind, both aesthetically and emotionally speaking, more so than any other character I've even been exposed to in any computer game.

Aesthetically, (bar those horrendous boots), his character design is, in my eyes, one of the most perfectly realised ever. It comes from a time when Nomura still relied on unique elements, and an interesting use of simplicity, that made all the FFVII characters stand out so much more than the other games in most people's eyes, as opposed to the "paint by numbers" technique of blending generic elements together that he resorts to nowadays.

His outfit is understated, composed and elaborate, yet elegant and unique. The red, black and gold colours compliment each other well, stopping it from looking entirely tacky and silly like many characters do. His outfit appeals to everything I like visually, and I honestly doubt there will ever be another character that will ever attract me to them so much on a purely aesthetic level.

Emotionally, I loved the character because he was one those that told a lot of story and expressed so much identity, without ever really saying all that much. Dispassionate, cold, even distant at times, but I never felt that he was depressing or even angst ridden.

He didn't dwell on his own self pity, or take it out on those around him. He simply felt that he had to do what he had to do the make amends with himself for what he felt were his mistakes. He choose to lock to himself away. Nobody made him. You can't call that selfish.

Everyone has their own personal demons. Some more than others. He is a strong example of how we can get past those demons by ourselves, and move onto something better. It works in the story of Final Fantasy VII as an interesting comparision to Cloud's more self centred, egotistical demons, and allows them to stand out more.

"My body or my soul, which was the dearer, when the one pure, the other made divine? Whose love of either to myself was nearer when both were kept for heaven and Collatine? Ay me! The bark peel'd from the lofty pine, his leaves must wither and his sap decay; so must my soul, her bark being peeled away."
-Shakespeare, "The Rape of Lucrece"

Anyone whose researched the older Final Fantasy (pre FFX) knows that the characters names always possess some deeper meaning in relation to their personalities and identities. Many theorise that Vincent's story is strongly tied in with the Shakespeare story and the Greek legend of Lucretia. I could go for hours about this, but I'll just express how I think the connection adds more depth to the Vincent's plight and feelings, for those willing to research up on it.

Wikipedia (http://www.wikipedia.org) is your friend. :tongue:

IpwnUthisMuch|------|
03-20-2006, 05:53 PM
well no matter how lame vincent may be or how maniacally fanboyish you may be concerning him i think we can all agree on one thing... hes better than cait sith

DarkLord
03-29-2006, 03:25 PM
I repeat an earlier statement, I (moderately) love you guys. Also I finally saw the word aesthetics! I've been waiting for that word.

cloud_doll
03-29-2006, 10:12 PM
I love Vincent, he's soo....mysterious...I'm gonna marry him! (of course after cloud dies...it was an accident i swear!)

Sparky
03-30-2006, 02:04 PM
vincent in my opinion is the coolest character ever and masamunemaster agrees with me

Sephiroth1112
03-30-2006, 02:27 PM
i say vincent is the third best char in the game

Zeromus_X
03-31-2006, 01:37 AM
It's just kinda dissapointing that he's an optional character. His back-story easily pWns all the other characters'. Well, maybe that's why he's optional? :cat: