PDA

View Full Version : concerts

escobert
09-24-2005, 09:15 PM
Go to any concerts the summer? Last nigfht I went to a local show and saw the band HEXEREI who opend up for disturbed last week. I'm friends with the drummer so I go in VIP :D

Ohhh
09-24-2005, 09:29 PM
um.. i went to a jimmy eat world gig earlier in the summer

Dreddz
09-24-2005, 09:29 PM
I go to raves and shubs. No concerts though......

kikimm
09-24-2005, 09:46 PM
I rarely ever go to concerts, but last week I did get to see Chevelle (and Taproot and Black Maria but whatever), and that was really awesome. I want to see them again.

Rose
09-24-2005, 10:22 PM
I went to Warped Tour in Buffalo, NY. And then I saw Anti-Flag with The Code, Big D and the Kids Table and The Casualties.
I go to a ton of concerts. They are fun. The next band I may go see is the Dead Hearts (local band from Buffalo) or The Street Dogs. Yay.

Shoden
09-24-2005, 10:23 PM
I maybe going to go See Alice Cooper in Newcastle.

Brian The Pink Shark
09-24-2005, 10:29 PM
During The summer i wen to the leeds festival on the friday and i saw

Alkaline Trio
Funeral For A Friend
NOFX
Iggy and the Stooges
Incubus
Marilyn Manson
and... drum roll please

IRON MAIDEN

ahem

i love seeing bands live it's so great

and er im going to see Wishbone Ash next month :choc:

kikimm
09-24-2005, 10:33 PM
You saw Incubus? I am so jealous. >=(

Brian The Pink Shark
09-24-2005, 10:34 PM

i cant remember it i was rather weary from watching crap bands at the time and i didnt get a good view cos i ran away from the stage :choc:

Venom
09-24-2005, 10:34 PM
I wanna see W.A.S.P. but buffalo NY is 7 hour ride from where i live :cry:

frunk
09-24-2005, 10:48 PM
I went to see System of a Down two nights ago. I had floor seating and was just blown out of my smurfing mind! I mean, wow. It kicked so much ass.
One of the local papers gave it 5.5 out of 5 stars. I would say that was quite accurate.

Aurey
09-24-2005, 11:01 PM
I went unwillingly to a Alexisonfire show at the beginning of July. I don't like them, so it was boring, and I got stared at by girls and got caught in a mosh of twelve year-old girls, so I was weirded out. And also the opening act were terrible. Really terrible.

I wanted to go see Jill Barber at the same venue that Alexisonfire played, but I had no way to get there. And Julie Doiron, The Weakerthans and Matt Pond PA (as well as some others, can't remember right now) played here during the summer, too. But they were 19+. Boo to underage-ism. And Sloan, The Stills and Buck 65 all played last week, and You Say Party! We Say Die! is playing here in October, I think. Same with Hawksley Workman, but both are 19+, auuuuuuuuugh.

JULIO IGLESIAS PLAYED HERE TOO! TOTALLY AWESOME!

Brian The Pink Shark
09-24-2005, 11:11 PM
best concert i ever went to was Judas Priest in March

they were supported by the scorpions which was an added bonus as i found out i really like them

cmon i wanna hear about people's fave concerts :choc:

Leeza
09-25-2005, 01:38 AM
I saw System of a Down last weekend and I'm not sure what they got rated at here, but they were definitely good. :cat:

Squinn, you saw Marilyn Manson? I'm jealous. I don't think I'll ever get to see him. :(

Rose
09-25-2005, 05:25 AM
Alkaline Trio

I'm officially jealous.

TheAbominatrix
09-25-2005, 05:32 AM
Haha, one of the guys from Alkaline Trio felt up some girl I knew xD

Sadly, I havent gone to a single show this summer. I live like 10 minutes away from an amazing venue, and I just havent gone. Tsk tsk.

This year I've seen... some band called Parker (friend's band), Narcoleptic Youth, The Adicts (was that this year or last? I can never remember), Clit 45, GBH, Toxic Narcotic, Hollywood Hate, American Pig, The Filthy Vagrants, Neon Maniacs... jeez, I cant even remember how many. A lot, though. 10 dollar punk shows rock my world.

rubah
09-25-2005, 05:34 AM
I was rather concertless this summer, actually.

Rose
09-25-2005, 05:40 AM

Sadly, I havent gone to a single show this summer. I live like 10 minutes away from an amazing venue, and I just havent gone. Tsk tsk.

This year I've seen... some band called Parker (friend's band), Narcoleptic Youth, The Adicts (was that this year or last? I can never remember), Clit 45, GBH, Toxic Narcotic, Hollywood Hate, American Pig, The Filthy Vagrants, Neon Maniacs... jeez, I cant even remember how many. A lot, though. 10 dollar punk shows rock my world.

Hahahahaha!

Agreed, those cheap punk shows are the best. They are the main ones I go to. The most expensive show I've been to is like 17 bucks, besides Warped Tour.

TheAbominatrix
09-25-2005, 05:45 AM

Hahahahaha!

Agreed, those cheap punk shows are the best. They are the main ones I go to. The most expensive show I've been to is like 17 bucks, besides Warped Tour.

I very rarely go to any big concerts, and when I have I havent been paying. I went to Ozzfest about 6 years ago because a friend won free tickets. I got to go to Coachella summer before last with the guy I was dating. Saw Beck, Radiohead, and The Pixies. Twas awesome.

Shoeberto
09-25-2005, 05:49 AM
I line up all my teddy bears on my bed and bust out the beats on my Casio. We put on our own concerts 'round here!

TheAbominatrix
09-25-2005, 05:51 AM
I line up all my teddy bears on my bed and bust out the beats on my Casio. We put on our own concerts 'round here!

I dont like your concerts. That Teddy Ruxpin you had over last time grabbed my butt. :skull5:

Shoeberto
09-25-2005, 05:52 AM
The crowd just goes crazy during my Techno Drum #2 solo.

Shlup
09-25-2005, 05:54 AM
I went to see, uh... some UK Christian band that I can't remember the name of. Started with a "D." My boyfriend asked me to go with him because he didn't want to go, but a friend of his wanted him to and BJ indulges him because he's handicapped. We had a good time though.

Other than that the only concerts I go to are my boyfriend's band's (*cough*Tokyo Showdown (www.tokyoshowdown.com)*cough*).

Rusty
09-25-2005, 05:59 AM
It's a rare event when any well known bands come to the other side of Australia, in Perth. So, that's why I really, really want to go see the Black Eyed Peas while they're here. But tickets are so expensive - it's unlikely that I'll go.

Yamaneko
09-25-2005, 06:04 AM
Last concert I went to was Kraftwerk at the Greek Theater. It was awesome.

Brian The Pink Shark
09-25-2005, 11:09 AM

Squinn, you saw Marilyn Manson? I'm jealous. I don't think I'll ever get to see him. :(

Alkaline Trio

I'm officially jealous.

yay people hate me :choc:

EDIT: also to make you all incredibly angry, i hate all three of those bands xD :choc:

Chris
09-25-2005, 11:46 AM
Nothing, really. Except "Roskilde Festival" in Denmark.

Cz
09-25-2005, 01:46 PM
I managed to grab tickets to the Hyde Park Live 8 show, so I saw twenty or so artists there (including Pink Floyd, woo!). Apart from that, I saw Bloc Party at Somerset House, Coldplay at Crystal Palace, and went to a couple of secret Editors shows.

Venom
09-25-2005, 01:53 PM
best concert i ever went to was Judas Priest in March

they were supported by the scorpions which was an added bonus as i found out i really like them

cmon i wanna hear about people's fave concerts :choc:

was it in the U.S.?

Brian The Pink Shark
09-25-2005, 05:58 PM
actually it was in the UK, Scotland to be exact :choc:

EDIT

I managed to grab tickets to the Hyde Park Live 8 show, so I saw twenty or so artists there (including Pink Floyd, woo!). Apart from that, I saw Bloc Party at Somerset House, Coldplay at Crystal Palace, and went to a couple of secret Editors shows.

OMG i hate you so much, i love Pink Floyd, i'd have given anything to have been there, i really want them to tour again :choc:

Captain VooDoo
09-25-2005, 06:40 PM
i am going to see wednesday 13 in november. its free because its my christmas present from my friend :D

localflick
09-26-2005, 04:49 AM
A week ago I went to see Local H, and it was incredible. We got ballots at the door and got to vote to decide their setlist. So they played all these awesome songs we never get to hear at Regular shows, including the write-in song I chose! I also got a signed CD from Scott (half the 2-piece band). All for just $10!

eestlinc
09-26-2005, 04:59 AM
I'm seeing The Walkmen on Wednesday and hopefully Death Cab for Cutie next month. I could go see Bloc Party tomorrow night, but I don't know if I want to or not.

Sephex
09-26-2005, 05:32 AM
I used to go to concerts a lot, but most concerts are too big of a hassle to go to for me. I enjoy concerts that are more unconventional (which is one of the many reasons why I enjoyed "Dear Friends" in Chicago).

Cz
09-26-2005, 04:04 PM
I could go see Bloc Party tomorrow night, but I don't know if I want to or not.You must go or else I will be very sad. :(

crazybayman
09-26-2005, 04:47 PM
I saw Pearl Jam 2 nights ago. We had great seats, what an amazing show. No special effects, just the band and their timeless music.

The place was packed with Generation Xers who hadn't seen them before. By far the best concert I've ever been to, including the other time I saw Pearl Jam, back in 1998 at an outdoor show.