PDA

View Full Version : would suare-enix ppl create FF8 movie like FFvII Advent children?

sakaiyin
09-25-2005, 12:02 AM
I am sure all u guys know FFVII Advent CHildren is so amazing, I have watched it !!!! I am wondering would square-enix company do a movie about FF8~ I am hoping THEY DO!!!!

Sess020
09-25-2005, 12:58 AM
It would be pretty cool if they did... Since ff8 seems more like a movie than a game. But I doubt they would.
Beings that ff8 doesnt have a fanbase as vast as ff7 does :rolleyes2

TheAbominatrix
09-25-2005, 01:15 AM
There are no plans to do so, and I highly doubt they will.

For one thing, not only does VII have the larger fan base, it also grossed far more money than VIII did. That makes expanding it to be a generally safe venture.

Also, there's nothing left to do with VIII, at least not with the main characters. Where is their room for a sequel? VII left it very vague and very open, so there are countless things they can do with it. VIII wrapped it up neatly and that was that.

The chances of a sequel of any kind for VIII are slim to none, so dont get your hopes up.

G SpOtZ
09-25-2005, 02:13 AM
Also, there's nothing left to do with VIII, at least not with the main characters. Where is their room for a sequel?
i thought maybe a prequel would work, with a full story of laguna.

and there is at least ONE mystery i could think of (unless i'm just an idiot and didn't figure it out in the game) which is what happened with norgs egg. it hatched, but nothing happened after that. i supposed they could build SOMETHING off of that...

and maybe something to do with the deep sea research center, as it tells you some things about it, but never a whole story.

Vaprice
09-25-2005, 02:39 AM
Overkill...I hope they won't. They're already doing so much to FFVII it'd be a shame to see this game go down the drain with a horrible flopping movie....

Though they could just do bits on things from FFVIII's background and emphasize on it. Like what everyone mentioned already, laguna, deep sea research, etc. It'd be like the animatrix.

TheAbominatrix
09-25-2005, 05:10 AM
Also, there's nothing left to do with VIII, at least not with the main characters. Where is their room for a sequel?
i thought maybe a prequel would work, with a full story of laguna.

and there is at least ONE mystery i could think of (unless i'm just an idiot and didn't figure it out in the game) which is what happened with norgs egg. it hatched, but nothing happened after that. i supposed they could build SOMETHING off of that...

and maybe something to do with the deep sea research center, as it tells you some things about it, but never a whole story.

I dont think any of those would really warrant a movie, though. What Vaprice suggested would be a lot better.

A prequel could work, yes, but again the first point comes into play.

I think any of it would be definite overkill. Some mysteries are better left unsolved.

sakaiyin
09-25-2005, 09:20 AM
:mad: But cant u guys remember, there are Griever appeared at the night sky at the end of FF 8. I was thinking Omega Weapon (mother of the monster) can recover monster once again~ There are things that i dont like about FFVII Advent children, the story is too complicate to understand.

DMKA
09-25-2005, 09:31 AM
None of the FFs warrant a sequel with their ending other than FFVII (even FFX didn't though they went ahead and made one...and look at the result). The only reason FFVII had a movie made after it was to close up it's inconclusive ending, and I think it did that quite well and then some.

ThroneofDravaris
09-25-2005, 10:01 AM
:mad: But cant u guys remember, there are Griever appeared at the night sky at the end of FF 8. I was thinking Omega Weapon (mother of the monster) can recover monster once again~ There are things that i dont like about FFVII Advent children, the story is too complicate to understand.

That was more important than the other posts because it was big and orange

DMKA
09-25-2005, 10:09 AM
Yeah, I thought so too, honestly.

Primus Inter Pares
09-25-2005, 11:58 AM
Agreed it stood out a lot more, despite the fact that I would never actually read it...

SammieBabe
09-25-2005, 01:42 PM
And the fact that I have no idea what they're talking about.....

Vaprice
09-25-2005, 04:03 PM

Erm....uh....your thoughts didn't appear to make any sense to me. Erm......uh......er.....ekk.......omega weapon? Greiver? You want squarenix to make a movie/game sequel or prequel based on that? erm...........bad storyline????

sakaiyin
09-25-2005, 06:59 PM
Sorry I was too over excited ~

:cry:

http://www.doc.ic.ac.uk/~txl04/logo3.jpg

nik0tine
09-25-2005, 11:34 PM
*wins*

Vaprice
09-26-2005, 12:26 AM
Sorry I was too over excited ~

:cry:

http://www.doc.ic.ac.uk/~txl04/logo3.jpg

hehe ^^ don't worry we still love you.

Takara
09-26-2005, 12:43 AM

You know, I have my own crackpot theory about what happened to NORG. Future Esthar-wannabes, prepare to weep.

NORG = Ultimecia

I mean, come on, it makes more sense than most other Ultimecia theories. Ultimecia hates SeeDs. NORG was defeated by SeeDs. So he evolved into some ugly chick with a speech impediment, retired to Centra to brood over his/her lost precious Garden ("My prrrrrreciousssssss..."), and then s/he built his/her own floating castle and managed to snatch sorceress powers along the way.

And of course, s/he planned to kill those pesky SeeDs that once defeated him/her once s/he achieved time compression. Without the SeeDs, Balamb Garden would be his/hers again.

Now, excuse me, the nice people in the white coats say it's time for my bath, and then they'll put me in that comfy straitjacket for the night.