PDA

View Full Version : bluetooth

disapointedchild
09-25-2005, 04:06 AM
Uh, I can not seem to get my bluetooth to work, my connection between my phone and my computer. My phone says we are connected, but everytime i try to send something, it says "ftp connection failed, could not connect to device."

What do I do???????

crono_logical
09-25-2005, 08:23 AM
Are you meant to transfer stuff using FTP between a PC and bluetooth phone? I thought there were other options if you look in My Bluetooth Places on the computer.

Max
09-26-2005, 03:12 AM
I never really even learned what bluetooth was...

bipper
09-26-2005, 01:36 PM
Bluetooth is an insecure turd.

An open specification for seamless wireless short-range communications of data and voice between both mobile and stationary devices. For instance, it specifies how mobile phones, computers and PDAs interconnect with each other, with computers, and with office or home phones. The first generation of Bluetooth permits exchange of data up to a rate of 1 Mbps per second, even in areas with much electromagnetic disturbance. It transmits and receives via a short-range radio link using a globally available frequency band (2.4 GHz ISM band).

I hate it horribly. I have had to work on a a few projects with this technolgy, and hated it more every time.

It is very easy and friendly to program. Running it on a phone or whatever is slightly dangerous. There have been accounts of people being able to easily access peoples phone data at airports and other public places. These clever sorts buy a 1900 number, and make unsuspecing passer-bys dial thier number.

Bipper