PDA

View Full Version : Has anyone else beaten Ruby and Emerald

DarkLord
09-25-2005, 05:37 AM
How many people have beaten them? I have, I basically just want to know I'm not alone on it. That would be worrying.

ljkkjlcm9
09-25-2005, 06:14 AM
Ruby was easy, cast stop or Hades, Emerald was easy as well, just have to know the right game plan

THE JACKEL

Skyblade
09-25-2005, 06:37 AM
Yup. I've done both.

Emerald was my favorite.

DMKA
09-25-2005, 06:39 AM
I've beaten both. Don't listen to people who say they were omg easy cause they weren't. =p

Ceil
09-25-2005, 06:56 AM
Ah, 'Emmy' and I go way back... Compared to Emmy, Ruby was like one of those pussy wolves you fight just outside of Midgar. Good times, good times :)

Slade
09-25-2005, 07:14 AM
Yep i killed them both. I used the cheap way of killing Ruby tho (Hades+KotR+Mime etc). But i killed Emerald the normal, non-cheap way.

G SpOtZ
09-25-2005, 07:37 AM
i beat them, but they weren't easy.

most (not all) people who say that they were easy usually read a FAQ or another persons strategy to use to kill them. so sure, then it's easy, but you can't give yourself credit for it because anybody can read something and do what it says. it's hard to come up with ur own strategies without typical combinations.

* White Aeris *
09-25-2005, 10:32 AM
i've done Emerald and i am just about to do Ruby. well hopefully!

Carl the Llama
09-25-2005, 10:34 AM
[TR][TD]i have had trouble with them the first time but i still beat them. If you want a good materia set up jus pm me and ill write you a simple guide (all tho you will need a gold chocobo so make sure you have one before you ask). KD

Cruise Control
09-25-2005, 12:59 PM
I did, thanks to the strategies donated by G SpOtZ

=Angelus=
09-25-2005, 01:08 PM
i fought Ruby 1 on 1 with Cloud! (and won :D ) a most horrible adversary, but kinda cute when you throw one of those smoke grenades (that allow you escape from battle), you'll see Ruby standing up on the quicksand looking menacingly at the highwind

fought Emerald with Final-attack+Revive, and a couple of counter-attack materia and knights of the round+ mime... to me, it seems he does less damage if you equip less materia on your characters

The legendary Shadow
09-25-2005, 05:25 PM
First I had problems with both,but after I was prepared I deafeted them.It was not as hard as I thought.

Shoden
09-25-2005, 06:17 PM
they're fuck easy with the right set up.

ljkkjlcm9
09-25-2005, 06:25 PM
i fought Ruby 1 on 1 with Cloud! (and won :D ) a most horrible adversary, but kinda cute when you throw one of those smoke grenades (that allow you escape from battle), you'll see Ruby standing up on the quicksand looking menacingly at the highwind

fought Emerald with Final-attack+Revive, and a couple of counter-attack materia and knights of the round+ mime... to me, it seems he does less damage if you equip less materia on your characters

emerald does do less damage with less materia equipped

THE JACKEL

G SpOtZ
09-25-2005, 06:40 PM
I did, thanks to the strategies donated by G SpOtZ
^____^
the 4xcut and mime one? i never even tried it XD

Crop
09-25-2005, 07:09 PM
I vowed I would complete the FF7 game before I joined this forum and I did, the last thing I did was kill Ruby who I think was harder than Emerald. I also almost defeated Emerald with no materia, I was so close!

G SpOtZ
09-25-2005, 08:26 PM
bet that would take forever.

Dreddz
09-25-2005, 08:51 PM
yes i have as well, Only once for Emerald, but twice for Ruby :D

KoShiatar
09-25-2005, 09:44 PM
I have...

Saraphim
09-26-2005, 12:43 PM
Me to

Sergeant Hartman
09-26-2005, 04:13 PM
Seeing Emerald turning red and shatter to nothing made me jump in the air and yell YEAAAHHHHH eat crap i beat your ass and *power cut*

Crop
09-26-2005, 06:27 PM

Almost forever. But It can be done.

ThroneofDravaris
09-26-2005, 06:33 PM
Actually, as long as you were at level 99, had used sources to level up strength to max and had stacked up on megelixers, it would be too bad.

Fighting Ruby without materia is a whole different story though...

Skyblade
09-26-2005, 07:10 PM

Almost forever. But It can be done.

It's not that hard. Enter the battle with Fury. Omnislash, Highwind, and other powerful Limit Breaks, with an occasional Megalixer when needed.

Destai
09-26-2005, 07:26 PM
pffft I havent. Who has the time to fight enough battles to get your characters limit breaks high enough that you can get theyre ultimate limit break, so then you can get all theyre ultimate weapons and levell all theyre materia to masters and then get a gold chocobo and "uuughhh" too much crap to list. Anyway I've never bothered and I pray I never will.

crazybayman
09-26-2005, 07:40 PM
pffft I havent. Who has the time to fight enough battles to get your characters limit breaks high enough that you can get theyre ultimate limit break, so then you can get all theyre ultimate weapons and levell all theyre materia to masters and then get a gold chocobo and "uuughhh" too much crap to list. Anyway I've never bothered and I prey I never will.
word.

ThroneofDravaris
09-26-2005, 08:35 PM
pffft I havent. Who has the time to fight enough battles to get your characters limit breaks high enough that you can get theyre ultimate limit break, so then you can get all theyre ultimate weapons and levell all theyre materia to masters and then get a gold chocobo and "uuughhh" too much crap to list. Anyway I've never bothered and I pray I never will.

If you don't do that then you don't love FF enough...

Destai
09-26-2005, 09:33 PM

If you don't do that then you don't love FF enough..."NOO TAKE IT BACK OR ILL FUKING OMLISLSH UUU!!1" xD

Anniexo
09-26-2005, 09:33 PM
Seeing Emerald turning red and shatter to nothing made me jump in the air and yell YEAAAHHHHH eat crap i beat your ass and *power cut*

aww man that is not good a gamers worst nightmear (well after having all games on earth destroied)

DarkLord
09-27-2005, 03:46 PM

If you don't do that then you don't love FF enough..."NOO TAKE IT BACK OR ILL ****ing OMLISLSH UUU!!1" xD

Hey I agree with them, if you cant be bothered with that, the games not complete.

crazybayman
09-27-2005, 03:51 PM

If you don't do that then you don't love FF enough..."NOO TAKE IT BACK OR ILL ****ing OMLISLSH UUU!!1" xD

Hey I agree with them, if you cant be bothered with that, the games not complete.
OMG MUST DEVOTE LIFE AND ALL EXISTENCE TO VIDEO GAME.
SUNSHINE BAD. NO EAT. NO SLEEP. MUST PLAY.

Skyblade
09-27-2005, 04:24 PM

See? Crazybayman understands! ;)

Gaomajiro
09-27-2005, 05:22 PM
I've beaten both of them ~ though God knows there was about a year inbetween...in fact there was not only Final Fantasy VI and Kingdom Hearts inbetween but quite a few others as well.

I'm lame. ^_^

Cloud__Strife
09-30-2005, 06:56 AM
can somebody tell me how to beat emerald and ruby pleeease (the easy way please)

=Angelus=
09-30-2005, 02:30 PM
Cloud... use OmniSlash XD

no, the easy way? Strong Limit Breaks+Hypers, and using just enough materia to keep you alive (final-atk paired with Revive, Knights of the Round, Counter-Atk materia, and Mime)

getting ultimate weapons and strong armor helps too

DarkLord
09-30-2005, 03:34 PM
[!]

The quote list is very long here, come on someone quote this mssg!!
Is Crazybayman a vampire? It would explain SUNSHINE BAD. Anywho, to anyone who hasen't done it then just sent me a Message and I'll think about telling you.[/!]quote pyramids are bad. -eestlinc

Rubix
09-30-2005, 03:43 PM
I have finished FF7 6 times now, killing both the weapons 3 times over.

One save has all characters maxed out also all Materia

Crop
09-30-2005, 07:15 PM
I did it, at last, I beat Emerald Weapon without materia. It wasnt really that hard come to think of it. I was going to do Ruby but it was to hard and I cant be bothered.

Swordicanus
09-30-2005, 07:43 PM
I've also beaten them both and the key is simply planning

=Angelus=
10-01-2005, 05:02 AM
[!]

Is Crazybayman a vampire? It would explain SUNSHINE BAD. Anywho, to anyone who hasen't done it then just sent me a Message and I'll think about telling you.
Bah!! Vampires!! Taste my Holy Water!!
*takes out super soaker and sprays*
there... purified.. now back to gaming :D

I've also beaten them both and the key is simply planning
Or simply stats training...[/!]Say no to quote pyramids -eestlinc

Yuber
10-01-2005, 09:44 AM
All without kotr and has worked on the 1st try 5 times so far. I still have that game saved before killing ruby/emerald, so i might try again and see if i'm consistant enough.

Ruby: Only cloud alive, cast big guard to stay in haste, drink hero drinks during spare turns or attack, have 4x cut, at least 200 strength and speed, and use the w-item bug on elixirs/megalixirs/hero drinks. Only attack when you know there is a spare turn,(tentacles dead or an attack missed) and use omnislash only when fully healed, it'll take the tentacles out for the time being, while ruby takes a few turns to hit you and build your limit gauge up again, nail em, repeat. Long fight, but no need for chocobo breeding, and power sources are easy to find, morph the tanks in gongaga(sp?)

Emerald: Cloud, Cid, Yuffie, good speed and strength stats highly recommended, 200+ str on cloud is highly recommended. W-item bug on megalixirs, and make sure to use omnislash to kill the emeralds for a short time, so it can't use air tam storm.(dunno if i got that right, it's been around a year since i played ff7) Get both yuffie and cid with good strength/speed stats, and doom of the living and highwind will cause quite a bit of damage. No tact was involved with this strategy, i just got lucky all 5 times i suppose. No final attack+phoenix was used.

These bosses are like omega from FF5, just cheap, and once you find a way to kill em once, whatever method,(there are lots) you'll most likely find an easy way to kill them due to their easy to read attack patterns.

kratos_GoS
10-03-2005, 08:34 AM
I have
and it only took me 7 years and many hours of reading on this site too do it

ljkkjlcm9
10-03-2005, 11:11 AM
The one thing I don't like about a lot of people is that they say it's cheap to use KoTR, or that it's the easy way, yet they'll still use the W-Item bug, which is even cheaper because it's not suppose to be in the game in KoTR is, so yeah, but either way, simple planning beats both of them, of just some kick ass characters too.

THE JACKEL

DarkLord
10-04-2005, 04:05 PM
[!]

Is Crazybayman a vampire? It would explain SUNSHINE BAD. Anywho, to anyone who hasen't done it then just sent me a Message and I'll think about telling you.

Keep 'em comin'. I've got all day, ya stinkin' undead fools, AAH, they have teeth. :eek:[/!]this is getting worse -eestlinc

Destai
10-04-2005, 04:45 PM
[!]

Keep 'em comin'. I've got all day, ya stinkin' undead fools, AAH, they have teeth. :eek:Im the king of the castle *hardcore*[/!]This is a warning -eestlinc

Russielloyd
10-04-2005, 04:53 PM
I capture me beating Ruby Weapon, its about 16mins long but it shows what ive got eqipt and stuff and how i kicked rubys assss!

If anyone wants it, i can give.

Easy when you know how.

Crop
10-04-2005, 06:40 PM
I capture me beating Ruby Weapon, its about 16mins long but it shows what ive got eqipt and stuff and how i kicked rubys assss!

If anyone wants it, i can give.

Easy when you know how.

Please do, I would like to see how you did it.

Russielloyd
10-04-2005, 08:39 PM
Ill find it now on my server, and give a link. its a big file because i only deal in quality when capturing stuff.

edit: ok, it wasnt on there but it being uploaded now.

edit 2: ok, it been uploaded, heres the link

Russell(Cloud) V Ruby Weapon (http://www.russielloyd.co.uk/My stuff/Final Fantasy Stuff/Game Play/FF7/FF7 - Russell(Cloud) Vs Ruby Weapon.avi)

DarkLord
10-07-2005, 03:52 PM
[!]

Keep 'em comin'. I've got all day, ya stinkin' undead fools, AAH, they have teeth. :eek:Im the king of the castle *hardcore*
I'm gonna make a ham sandwich.[/!]dude, chill out on the pyramids -eestlinc

Cloud__Strife
10-08-2005, 01:26 AM
I just beat Emerald!!!!!!!!!!!!!!I got all the master materias now!!!!!!!!!!!!!My next target is RUBY......How can I get ruby to put his claws down so I can hit him?

Skarr
10-08-2005, 01:45 AM
I beat the both of them, and they weren't easy. Two hard ass fights...but it was worth it!

To the above question. (This was taken from a guide right here at eyesonff by Johannes Haglund...with a few alterations by me.

Ruby
"Cloud (Mystile armor, enhance sword, ribbion, hp absorb linked to kor, mimic, w-summon, magic plus, bahamut zero linked to quadra magic, final attack linked to pheonix, and the rest of the materia slots filled with Hp and Mp plus)

The battle:
Kill off your other characters, except for cloud (before you fight ruby). This way his claws will already be in the earth when you fight him. Have cloud cast kor twice, once on ruby and once at the tentacles. If kor is on lvl one the spell will only be cast once, on the the tentacles, but that's okay. Since you've got a lot of magic power. Since you've linked kor with hp absorb, you'll be healed to full health too. After this just cast mimic every turn untill ruby goes six feet under. Every turn you'll cast kor twice for zero mp and get healed too. Don't worry about ruby's counter attacks because thanks to the mystile armor, he'll miss most of the time. Eventually you'll have defeated ruby.

Russielloyd
10-08-2005, 01:55 AM
The best way to beat Ruby is with one character preferbly Cloud.

If you have 2 or 3 character alive, he'll knock a random character out of the fight untill there is one and if your best character is gone, you more or less buggered.

In my previous post i put a link to the battle i capture againts Ruby.

When Ruby put his claws/tenticles into the ground, they cause more damage with its normal attack than what damage Ruby actually does.

ljkkjlcm9
10-08-2005, 03:39 AM
Two words for beating Ruby....
HADES MATERIA...

Ruby can be stopped, and even with all 3 characters alive, W-Summon, Hades, KoTR, then continual Mime, he's stopped the whole battle, not even a challenge....

THE JACKEL

Crop
10-08-2005, 09:10 AM
I beat the both of them, and they weren't easy. Two hard ass fights...but it was worth it!

To the above question. (This was taken from a guide right here at eyesonff by Johannes Haglund...with a few alterations by me.

Ruby
"Cloud (Mystile armor, enhance sword, ribbion, hp absorb linked to kor, mimic, w-summon, magic plus, bahamut zero linked to quadra magic, final attack linked to pheonix, and the rest of the materia slots filled with Hp and Mp plus)

The battle:
Kill off your other characters, except for cloud (before you fight ruby). This way his claws will already be in the earth when you fight him. Have cloud cast kor twice, once on ruby and once at the tentacles. If kor is on lvl one the spell will only be cast once, on the the tentacles, but that's okay. Since you've got a lot of magic power. Since you've linked kor with hp absorb, you'll be healed to full health too. After this just cast mimic every turn untill ruby goes six feet under. Every turn you'll cast kor twice for zero mp and get healed too. Don't worry about ruby's counter attacks because thanks to the mystile armor, he'll miss most of the time. Eventually you'll have defeated ruby.

Thats kinda what I did, but I didnt use mystile armor.

RaidenWeb17
10-10-2005, 02:14 AM
I just beat Emerald and Ruby today. Both with Cloud only. Emerald killed my other two people and i just didnt revive them and kept mimic-ing omnislash and using a lot of elixers. With Ruby i just summoned Hades and then KotR a lot. It was cool. I'm so happy.

G SpOtZ
10-10-2005, 02:31 AM
[!]

Keep 'em comin'. I've got all day, ya stinkin' undead fools, AAH, they have teeth. :eek:Im the king of the castle *hardcore*
I'm gonna make a ham sandwich.
oh my god i haven't made out in like a whole year.[/!]you've been warned before -eestlinc

Cloud__Strife
10-10-2005, 03:19 AM
how does mimic work?what does it do?

Russielloyd
10-10-2005, 03:21 AM
It repeats the last move you did

eestlinc
10-10-2005, 09:50 PM
The following people are now warned for spamming up quote pyramids:

Dark Lord
Destai
=Angelus=
G SpOtZ
RaidenWeb17

Please do not do it again.

Cloud__Strife
10-11-2005, 11:50 PM
I just beat Ruby......I'm not saying it just to show off but I was very easy......I killed my two partners leaving Cloud alone in the fight......I equiped him with Mystile for armor and it doesn't matter what weapon you put.......When you beat Emerald remember you got the master summon materia?Well I equiped it and paired with MP Absorb materia........I put the W-Summon materia and I combined the Final Attack materia with Revive.......Then I got into battle.....First when you get into the fight with only Cloud Ruby's claws will be in the sand already then when the claws appear in your back.....Very fast summon KOR on the claws and then since you have W-Summon cast it again but now to Ruby.........Keep on doing that for about 5 times (remember you combined the master summon to Mp Absorb so you will never run out of MP)and Ruby will be out in no time.

RaidenWeb17
10-12-2005, 12:56 AM
you could have just mimic-ed it

Cloud__Strife
10-13-2005, 12:10 AM
It was easier with W-Summon because I used KOR twice and with mimic I could of only use it once

dan2k3
10-15-2005, 11:26 AM
have beaten both. and done 3 challenges on them (not using the pad, not using the pad or KOTR and no materia) ruby no materia is hard :P took me hours to get all the sources to beat tht guy.

Neco Arc
10-15-2005, 11:34 AM
judging by what other people have said in these forums about using hades against it, i did not know that therefore it was my hardest boss to beat... had really high magical defence and countered with ultima each time i used KOTR on it.

xX.Silver.Wings.Xx
10-15-2005, 06:04 PM
I think quite a few people have done both. I haven't though cos Im too lazy to level up enough... ^_^

Cloud Lionheart
10-17-2005, 02:51 PM
I beat em both backwards and in French!!!, liiiiiess, Hey Jed head, you know i beat em,........... coz you are at my house EVERY DAY..... LIES!!! I slepty round yours last nite

DarkLord
10-20-2005, 03:50 PM
Liiiiiiiess, you beat them the same day as me. You only beat me by one hour. Why can I never beat you on the FF?
But I still win On Dark Cloud/Chronicle.
But one thing CL, have you beaten Emerald using no materia, yours truly sets you that challenge.

cloudblade
10-20-2005, 08:17 PM
i beat both emerald was easy:cool: but ruby was a bit harder

tifa:one winged angel
10-28-2005, 06:38 PM
i have beaten both of them

DarkLord
11-11-2005, 03:52 PM
Ruby harder? Yu sure?

Lost Number
11-11-2005, 08:11 PM
I beat both. I spend 42 hours leveling up for emerald first time i got in the sub.

?????
11-11-2005, 08:38 PM
Ruby was easy with the KOTR-HP Absorb/Counter-Mimic trick. I went for a sandwich and when I got back he was spare parts. For Emerald, he uses Aire Tam Storm after you deal him a certain amount of damage. For me, that was after I'd dealt him four KOTRs. That put Cloud in 7777 Berserk mode, which finished Emerald off handily.

Lynx
11-12-2005, 02:07 AM
yup beat both first play through the game when i was little. i just cloud with added effect/hades in his sword first attack stopped ruby. then loaded him up with knights of the round. also the start of that battle had 2 characters dead so he would dig his hands into the ground.

emerald just the right combo of materia i dont remeber exactly

DarkLord
01-17-2006, 04:01 PM
Pheonix down
DarkLord: Thread, I resurrect thee.
I have decided to make an FAQ on Ruby and Emerald. If I ever finish it, I'll tell you...

FinalCetra
01-19-2006, 06:41 AM
Emerald easier than Ruby? How in the hell is Emerald EASIER?? I beat Emerald before Ruby, and Emerald was hard as hell, even with great Materia like KoTR, Counter Magic, and Pheonix attached to that materia that lets you cast before you die. Final attack or something, it's called, right?

Anyway, when I finally beat Emerald after about a gazillion attempts, then leveling, then trying again, I finally kicked it's ass. Then I went and fought Ruby. I beat Ruby my first try! So someone tell me just how Ruby is harder than Emerald! i STILL have nightmares about fighting Emerald Weapon. *shudders* :moomba:

?????
01-19-2006, 07:28 AM
Emerald easier than Ruby? How in the hell is Emerald EASIER??

He's the easiest enemy in the game to get Lucky 7 Mode with.

FinalCetra
01-19-2006, 07:33 AM
Ahh, I forgot about Lucky 7. I didn't know about it at the time, so I never got the chance to use it. By the time I heard about the lucky 7s, I had already beaten the game ;.;

boys from the dwarf
01-19-2006, 08:28 AM
ive not beaten them but seems as i have uttimate weapons, KoTR and all character at nearly 9999 health and at level 80 i think i should be strong enough and i may try them soon.

escobert
01-19-2006, 09:22 AM
Yes, I beat them and it wasn't easy. I probably couldn't do it now. I got lucky I'd say :D

FinalCetra
01-19-2006, 10:59 AM
I'm right there with ya Bert. I beat them in my level 70's, with less than optimal health. And I tried Emerald about a million times before looking up a strategy for it, only to find my characters didn't have enough HPs to follow them. I still had to have several HP+ materia to keep my party at 9999 HP...mastered HP +s. But then, I didn't use any sources either.

What, it was my first playthrough. I'm sure non of you were perfect your first time XD

yuno
01-21-2006, 04:28 PM
i beat them both.and sapphire too...lololol!!!^_^

ruby=puny.pretty difficult if you don't know what to do.in my first try,i was so convinced that it was bound to kill me,even though i already found a way to make him dig and put his hands behind me.so i went all out,casting every magic spell i had,even the relatively useless ones:frog,mini,silence,those kinds of things.until i stumbled upon the legendary spell,stop.ruby freakin' stopped.i tried the item,dazers.it freakin' stopped again.so i had been using dazers ever since.

it was my first playthrough of ffvii,but ffvii wasn't my first ff.it has become my habit to try puny magic and skills when i was convinced i will die anyway.

emerald was much harder,since i had no idea of the aire tam storm damage function in my first playthrough.thank god,there is mystile.aire tam storm missed often on my characters.it did 9999 damage when it hit,though (ouch!!!).

DarkLord
01-29-2006, 06:03 AM
Stop works on Ruby! Lol, I haven't anything like that since I heard zombie works on Yu Yevon!

yuno
01-29-2006, 07:29 AM
Stop works on Ruby!
i think it's the ONLY status effect that ruby can be afflicted with.hades puts that status on ruby.that's why many people say,"use hades!" or something like that.i personally prefer dazers.

ruby is much,much easier than emerald,even with the 7777 berserk,because ruby can be afflicted with stop.

AndrewF
01-29-2006, 09:55 AM
Classy way to kill Emerald:

Materia Setup
Gravity=HP absorb Gravity=MP Absorb Gravity=Quadra Magic W-Magic=HP plus

"This method is just fun. Every time you use gravity it will do 9999 damage to
him for the first 92 attacks. After that depending on what level of gravity
you are using the attacks will decrease. But you will be getting off eight
gravities per character and absorbing back about 4000 hp every turn. This
method is just damn fun and insulting!" - Apathetic Aardvark

Desert Wolf
01-29-2006, 01:56 PM
Oh god.Another thread.If you can find the last one I posted a guide on how I did it.Im to lazy to find it myself.:p

lady yunalesca
01-30-2006, 11:15 PM
clever use of materia (after days of trying) and emerald was done, ruby is far far easier!!!!! you havn't completed the game if you havn't beaten them both imo!!!!

best feeling when you do it though!! :)

Rengori
01-30-2006, 11:52 PM
Anyone who goes through the trouble of beating them with cheap materia combos is and overachiever.

roxy
01-31-2006, 01:52 AM
clever use of materia (after days of trying) and emerald was done, ruby is far far easier!!!!! you havn't completed the game if you havn't beaten them both imo!!!!

best feeling when you do it though!! :)

Thats the best feeling?

lady yunalesca
02-05-2006, 11:14 PM
Thats the best feeling?

............well !!! :D

in gameplay yes!!!!!

Emerald weapon
02-06-2006, 01:40 PM
I've still not done it!I've had alot of guides for it,I even started my own thread for guides,but the past months hav been hectic for me,plus that my bro is earning big bucks now and hes bringing new games(in the middle of metal gear solid 3 now:D )but reading this thread has inspired me to give it another shot,i think am gonna try the lucky 7's technique on emerald,then use the master materias to kick rubys arse:D

DarkLord
02-28-2006, 04:07 PM
You named yourself after them and haven't beaten him yet? Meh. At least my thread's helped with something.

Fire_Drake
03-29-2006, 07:28 AM
hey whats this about using hades on ruby???? I thought he was nearly impossible to kill!

DMKA
03-29-2006, 10:25 AM
Hahaha I remember the first time I beat Emerald I was like "OH HELL YES!" and then my foster siblings were rough housing and knocked the Playstation down, unplugging it. Suprisingly, given how obsessed and serious I was about the game at the time, I didn't do something like beat the crap out of them...I just kind of forced laughter over it and beat him again.

Sephiroth1112
03-31-2006, 01:22 AM

meh... ive never done it because I CANT GET A GOLD CHOKIEBOH! lol

DudeSon2004
04-01-2006, 06:43 PM
I've beaten the weapons, it wasn't easy though.
It's a nice feeling when you see them flash red (when an enemy dies).

Anyway there is rumor about the Aire Tad Storm (i posted this somewhere else).
If you equip less than 9 materias, he can't do 9999 damage.
For example, if you've equiped 5 materias he'll do 5555.

Zeromus_X
04-01-2006, 06:49 PM
Yes, Aire Tam Storm's damage formula is *the number of materia equipped* X 1,111. :cat: Seeing as how Aire Tam is 'Materia' backwards.

DudeSon2004
04-02-2006, 10:33 PM
The trick works,
http://forums.eyesonff.com/showthread.php?p=1611379#post1611379

DarkLord
05-03-2006, 11:52 AM
Materia, Aire Tam, I love playing with words.
Anyway. I think that you should be able to go back and do them again later, I've gotten so much better since I beat them, I wanna try to beat them with no materia, but I can't

anorexorcist
05-09-2006, 06:31 PM
This was ages ago, i tried for ages to beat emerald, finally did it and it was excellent :) ruby was always the hardest for me i actually had to use an idea from a guide to beat but i won!