PDA

View Full Version : holy?

boys from the dwarf
09-25-2005, 08:59 PM
in the FF7 instruction manual it tells you about all of the elements (fire,earth,wind E.C.T.) but it says holy as well. but no attacks on the game that i have seen have holy elemental.ive played through the game without seeing a single holy attack. does this element actually exist in battles?

BottledJustice
09-25-2005, 09:01 PM
Alexander by himself or with elemental comes to mind. Past that, I can't think of any, though.

Rengori
09-25-2005, 09:02 PM
Alexander is Holy, and there's an enemy skill called Lv 4 Holy.

Cruise Control
09-25-2005, 09:45 PM
I know a way to find out, pair Alexander with elemental in your armor, then play through the game.

Masamune·1600
09-25-2005, 10:11 PM
Alexander is Holy, and there's an enemy skill called Lv 4 Holy.

Actually, there's no Enemy Skill called L4 Holy (that particular Blue Magic appears in FFIX). There is an Enemy Skill called L4 Suicide, but it isn't Holy elemental.

Alexander's Judgment is the only ability in the game, including those exclusive to enemies, that is inherently Holy elemental.

boys from the dwarf
09-26-2005, 06:32 AM
thanks.i wish there was more though.

Captain Maxx Power
09-26-2005, 12:36 PM
At a strech, the curative spells are Holy damage, but not in the literal sense.

Light Mage
09-26-2005, 06:27 PM
Light Mage:
"It's stupid because they don't explicitly SAY they have the Holy elemantal characteristic, when it's bloody obvious they SHOULD have. I think they just forgot to assign the Holy element to the cure materias when desiging the game. *grumble*"

DJZen
09-26-2005, 07:22 PM
No, holy is a DAMAGE type. Cure has the ability to hurt undead monsters, while holy has just always had a seperate elemental damage category. There could technically be other monsters weak to holy that wouldn't be harmed by cure. If Cure were holy element, it would cause damage, not heal it.

Skyblade
09-26-2005, 07:40 PM
No, holy is a DAMAGE type. Cure has the ability to hurt undead monsters, while holy has just always had a seperate elemental damage category. There could technically be other monsters weak to holy that wouldn't be harmed by cure. If Cure were holy element, it would cause damage, not heal it.

Actually, in many other FFs, most Cure abilities are considered Holy elemental despite the fact that they heal. FFVIII and FFTA are examples of this.

Carl the Llama
09-26-2005, 08:43 PM
[TR][TD]I have heard that they have a Holy spell in the Japanese and that they cut it out of the pal relese, i could be wrong but i dont think i am. KD

TheAbominatrix
09-26-2005, 08:46 PM
You're wrong.

Why would they cut that out for the PAL release? It doesnt even make sense.

d£v!l'$ ph0£n!x
09-26-2005, 08:51 PM
yes i think alexander is the only thing. aside from using elemental to pt it on ur attacks.

Rengori
09-26-2005, 10:42 PM
What about Great Gospel?

DJZen
09-27-2005, 04:15 AM
Actually, in many other FFs, most Cure abilities are considered Holy elemental despite the fact that they heal. FFVIII and FFTA are examples of this.

Yeah well in FFI cure didn't even damage undead, and in FFII holy was non elemental, so obviously Square likes to mix it up a bit ;P

Kawaii Ryûkishi
09-27-2005, 04:18 AM
[TR][TD]I have heard that they have a Holy spell in the Japanese and that they cut it out of the pal relese, i could be wrong but i dont think i am. KDThe Holy spell is in every version of the game. It's a pretty big part of the storyline, in fact.

DMKA
09-27-2005, 05:06 AM
What about Great Gospel?
That's not even an attack.

The Holy spell is in every version of the game. It's a pretty big part of the storyline, in fact.
Hahahahahaha.

Light Mage
09-27-2005, 06:24 PM
Holy is usually second only to Ultima in terms of power. WHY was there no Holy in FFVII? Although saying that - Leviathan was the only Materia that had Water elemental attribute, but the Enemy Skill Aqualung was a Water magic attack. There is no Holy Spoon.

ljkkjlcm9
09-27-2005, 06:51 PM
wasn't the whole idea of Aeris' white materia that she was trying to summon something Holy to save the planet, I think that's pretty much the big Holy thing in the game

THE JACKEL

Light Mage
09-27-2005, 06:56 PM
Yeah, but... Oh, I guess so. Meteo(r) has always been the Über-black magic...

Rengori
09-28-2005, 12:27 AM
WHY was there no Holy in FFVII?

The Holy spell is in every version of the game. It's a pretty big part of the storyline, in fact.