PDA

View Full Version : corrupted data

Dotard
09-25-2005, 09:24 PM
Umm..I don't know about you guys..but every time i get to the shinra tower or w/e on disc one...after cloud cross-dresses and stuff...my data always corrupts..has this happened to anyone else..or is it because i used an off-brand memorycard? :confused:

Rengori
09-25-2005, 09:33 PM
A memory card won't corrput the data on the disk. I happened to me after my FFIX disk was scratched beyond the point of recognition. If your disk is scrachted even a little, there's a good chance that's your culprit.

KoShiatar
09-25-2005, 09:33 PM
Probably what you just said. Memory cards are a delicate thing.

Dotard
09-25-2005, 09:47 PM
Thanks for the help....when I get the disk back from my friend I'll make sure it's clean.. and I'll remember to get some new memory cards since i took a sledge-hammer to the memory card I though was the culprit.

Mercen-X
09-25-2005, 11:18 PM
I'll remember to get some new memory cards since i took a sledge-hammer to the memory card I though was the culprit.
Psycho.

I like it.

DMKA
09-26-2005, 12:18 AM
A memory card won't corrput the data on the disk. I happened to me after my FFIX disk was scratched beyond the point of recognition. If your disk is scrachted even a little, there's a good chance that's your culprit.
I seriously doubt that, because if that was the case I would have had this problem several times, and in the 20+ times I've played through the game I've never had such happen.

Anyway, I'd get a Sony brand PS1 memory card for like $3.00...infact thats exactly what I did, because I had a really big offbrand one (Interact, I believe was the company who made it), and it started just saying save failed when I tried to play Xenogears. Offbrand memory cards have proven to do very odd things like that, which is why I no longer trust them.

Rengori
09-26-2005, 12:32 AM
Well, my Madcatz has worked for about 5 years. Dotard, you shouldn't hit any memory card with a sledge hammer. What in God's name were you thinking?

Nick Schovitz
09-26-2005, 01:10 AM
Hey didn't my girl made a reply to a thread like this and aren't you the same person?! Look back at that thread for the culprit. Wait I'll just tell you, do not auto reset with a PS1 memory card. Good-bye.

Dotard
09-26-2005, 03:28 AM
Well, my Madcatz has worked for about 5 years. Dotard, you shouldn't hit any memory card with a sledge hammer. What in God's name were you thinking?
I was very mad at it after it messed up three times..so I figured...why not release my anger by destroying the root of the problem maliciously?
(and no Nick Schovitz I am not that same person)

Sephex
09-26-2005, 04:44 AM
Your best bet is to use an official Sony memory card. I do have off brand cards, but I use them for storage mainly.

Rengori
09-26-2005, 05:01 AM
I do have off brand cards, but I use them for storage mainly.
That's kinda the purpose of a memory card.

d£v!l'$ ph0£n!x
09-26-2005, 08:54 PM
there is also another reason. are u using a slimline ps2? i played thru the entrie game on a normal ps2 and was on the last disc. then i played on a slimline and it corrupted my data. this may have been because i hav an off brand mem card, i haven't tried a psx card in a slimline yet.