PDA

View Full Version : Your forum MO

Samuraid
09-26-2005, 02:56 AM
An interesting question...

How do you check the forums? Do you start at the top and slowly read through each forum, or do you go backwards starting with the lower forums first? What are your favorite parts of the forum to read/post and where do you spend the most time?

----

I generally open each forum from the lowest to the top (with GC being the last) then open threads starting with the top and ending with the bottom.

I generally like to read Feedback, Help, General Chat, Gaming Discussion, Site Staff, and occasionally General Final Fantasy and Music/TSW.

So how about you?

TheAbominatrix
09-26-2005, 02:56 AM
Quick Links to New Posts, and that's that.

RSL
09-26-2005, 02:58 AM
Right now I have a pretty set routine when I first get on for the day.

1. I check any PMs that I have and then reply to them.
2. I check the Staff forum and all the subforums there (if there are any new posts, which isn't always the case.)
3. Then I check the feedback forum.
4. Help forum is next.
5. General Chat.

After that, it depends on how bored I am. I might move down to the lounge and general gaming. After I do all that, I just randomly click around and check new posts as they come up.

Spammerman
09-26-2005, 02:58 AM
read pms
general gaming discussion, refresh 3 times
genreal discussion
arts and writing.

Fuzakeru
09-26-2005, 03:00 AM
PMs ( which usually don't exist )
GC
Then I usually will go to EoEE and Lounge and skim through. If a thread catches my eye next to the section I'll go in there but if not I move on to the next forum on my list.

Shoeberto
09-26-2005, 03:02 AM
- Staff
- General Gaming
- Lounge
- GC
- Anything else that catches my attention.

Hawkeye
09-26-2005, 03:03 AM
-User notes
-feedback
-general chat
-lounge

I never go to the final fantasy forums, and if I do, its VERY rare

Leeza
09-26-2005, 03:04 AM
PMs
Staff
Feedback
Help
General Chat
...and the rest as needed.

The Summoner of Leviathan
09-26-2005, 03:04 AM
PMs, subscribe threads, then surf from GC, Feedback & Help, EoEo, sometimes other forums. Sometimes when I am bored I look in the gaming sections.

Karl
09-26-2005, 03:05 AM
general chat, then EoEO, then lounge, then ff9, then w/e i havent read in any random order, usually only read threads that have a title that catches my attention

Kirobaito
09-26-2005, 03:06 AM
PMs, The Lounge, GC, Feedback.

Raistlin
09-26-2005, 03:07 AM
1. PMs, if any
2. Starting from Feedback: Feedback, Lounge, General Gaming*, EoEO*, EotW*, General Chat. I open a new tab with each forum, then open a new tab for each new thread I want to read. So I could have anywhere from 0 to 12 tabs open at the end of all this.

*I oftentimes don't check these forums, unless there's a specific thread that I want to check replies or if I'm bored.

crashNUMBERS
09-26-2005, 03:11 AM
I start up to down. I find myself posting more to what the forum is for now. I used to spam way to much. I want to maintain myself. I want to stop major spam. So when I post in GC I can find myslef spamming but not anything big. My favorites to read?? Anything Im interested in actually. Favorite parts??

I'll do this instead. Out if 5... (Ran off of which I find myself liking)

General Chat: 3
EoEO: 4
EoTW: 2
Lounge: 5
Gaming: 5
A&W: 4.5
Site Staff: 3.2
Help Forum: 3
General Archive: 5
FFI-IV: 5
FFV: 4
FFVI: 4
FFVII: 4.1
FFVIII: 4.1
FFIX: 4.8
FFX: 4
FFX-2: 2
FFXI: 2
FFXII: 5
FFT: 0
FFTA: 0
FFCC: 2.3 (Haven't in awhile actually)
GFF: 4
Video game Music: 1.5 (Barely O_O)
CT/CC: 4
KH: 3
GSE: 5

Im usually found in the gaming area's...

rubah
09-26-2005, 03:17 AM
I start in staff, then look in GC, Help/Feedback, ff5 if there's posts, then ff8, ffx if I'm bored, then GG, then I start over from GC.

In forums I pick the lowest down sometimes, sometimes i pick the highest.

Ryth
09-26-2005, 03:17 AM
1. PMs
2. General Chat
-answer any PMs I get in-between-
3. Gerneral Gaming
-PMs-
4. EoEo
-PMs-
5. Lounge
-PMs-
6. General FF
-PMs-
7. General Squarenix
-PMs-
8. Feedback
-PMs-
9. Wandering around looking for something to do.

eestlinc
09-26-2005, 03:20 AM
1. I check any PMs that I have and then reply to them.
2. I check the Staff forum and all the subforums there (if there are any new posts, which isn't always the case.)
3. Then I check the feedback forum.
<s>4. Help forum is next.</s>
5. General Chat.
pretty much, plus I check Gen FF for the <a href=http://forums.eyesonff.com/showthread.php?t=70807>NPC tournament</a> and A&W on the off chance anyone read <a href=http://forums.eyesonff.com/showthread.php?t=70294>my poetry</a>.

Psychotic
09-26-2005, 03:23 AM
PMs, GC, Lounge, Gen Gaming, Feedback, User Notes. Sometimes EoEO/EotW if I'm feeling particularly masochistic.

Del Murder
09-26-2005, 03:23 AM
Same as champ except I don't write poetry. I used to check the gaming forums on the weekends but I just don't have the time or desire any more.

Dignified Pauper
09-26-2005, 03:24 AM
PM's if any
Usernotes
Spam up GC
Be witty in EoTW or EoEO (when the need arises)
General Gaming
and everything else

if the thread is huge i usually don't read many posts. just the first ten, the last ten, to get a feel, and then i post.

crashNUMBERS
09-26-2005, 03:27 AM
PMs and Usernotes aswell...

Shlup
09-26-2005, 03:29 AM
I look at the title of the threads that are showing on the index, open a few in tabs (I <3 Firefox tabs) and go from there. When I was an admin I had an order that I tended to go in, but now I don't.

Giga Guess
09-26-2005, 03:41 AM
User CP, Gen. Chat, EOEO, The Lounge, Gen. Gaming, occasionally Chat, and the sporadic check in to see if anyone has remembered the bloody Wiki.

escobert
09-26-2005, 03:48 AM
General gamming
The lounge
Gen Chat
Feedback
I don't really check the others unless I'm really bored.

Faris
09-26-2005, 03:55 AM
Usernotes, GC, Feedback, EoEo, and random others.

kikimm
09-26-2005, 04:00 AM
I don't have any kind of set order. Whatever catches my attention first, is what I'll look at. And if nothing looks interesting, I'll probably go do some usernoting.

Reles
09-26-2005, 04:15 AM

Ditto. You'll mainly find me in GC or EoEo, I have played most of the final fantasy games but I can't really remember what happened in any of them. I just have a horrible memory when it comes to that kind of thing. xD

Primus Inter Pares
09-26-2005, 04:17 AM
I don't leave.

Yamaneko
09-26-2005, 04:29 AM
Staff
Feedback
Help
General Gaming
The Lounge
General Chat

The others only if I feel like it.

Sephex
09-26-2005, 04:41 AM
I don't have a routine. I sometimes check threads that I have posted in to see if anyone had some feedback on whatever I had to say.

localflick
09-26-2005, 04:53 AM
I see my friends' names as the newest post, and reply to them. :tongue:

Dreddz
09-26-2005, 11:02 AM
I do it randomly, mainly louge of Gen Gaming first. I go do the FF forums last mainly.....

Brak
09-26-2005, 01:39 PM
General Chat.

Stephie said the World section would raise my blood pressure. :mad:

Rusty
09-26-2005, 01:54 PM
I view GC, EoEO, EoTW, The Lounge and the Feedback forum systematically - using the tabs. Going back and forth between forums, reading what catches my interest.

Flying Mullet
09-26-2005, 01:56 PM

Yuffie514
09-26-2005, 03:39 PM
:save: General :save:
...General Chat
...Eyes On Each Other
...Eyes On The World (Occassionally)
...The Lounge (Occassionally)
...General Gaming Discussion

:save: Square-Enix :save:
...Final Fantasy VII
...Final Fantasy VIII
...Final Fantasy IX
...Final Fantasy X
...Final Fantasy XI
...General Final Fantasy
...Video-Game Music/The Spirits Within (Occassionally)

fire_of_avalon
09-27-2005, 01:56 AM
I hit Staff first and then look at any links there are in those threads, so sometimes I end up browsing several different forums at once. If not, after staff I hit the what I call the Big Four because I'm a nerd like that (GC, EoEO, EotW, the Lounge) then Gen Gaming. I'll go to Feedback if I have time, and if I'm specifically killing time I go play in the FF forums.

The Man
09-27-2005, 02:54 AM
New Posts. If I'm feeling generous I'll reply to PMs, and if I'm feeling bored I'll check usernotes. That's pretty much it, unless there are specific threads I'm keeping tabs on.

Fake edit: And since I have the annoying vB3 menus turned off I don't have to do Quick Links -> New Posts. :p

Azure Chrysanthemum
09-27-2005, 03:42 AM
Before coming to the forum I check my email and check all warned posts to make sure that someone's taken care of them and take care of them myself if need be. After (or sometimes during, depending on the situation with the warned posts) I check Staff, after which I check my Grand Tournament (http://forums.eyesonff.com/showthread.php?t=68456) and webcomic (http://forums.eyesonff.com/showthread.php?t=69215) threads to see if there are any replies to that. I usually swing by feedback and then go into the top forums, skimming to see if there are any topics. After that I'll usually go down and look at the specific gaming forums, usually stopping off in FFT if there's anything of note.

I generally stay out of any of the other FF specific forums besides FFT though, because going in there tends to hurt my brain. I usually only check if I see something suspicious.

Loony BoB
09-27-2005, 09:51 AM
User CP first. This covers all unread PMs and threads I have posted in. After that, on a day that I'm actually feeling active...

Staff Forum
Land of exDee (xD)
Feedback Forum
General Chat

Tada.

Levian
09-27-2005, 02:57 PM
-Usernotes
-General Chat, where I obviously stay for a while.
Then I gently skip the serious forums and enter
-The Lounge, and
-General Gaming.

After that, If I'm bored, I'll check Feedback, Help and several FF forums.

DK
09-27-2005, 03:01 PM
-Usernotes
-General Chat, where I obviously stay for a while.
Then I gently skip the serious forums and enter
-The Lounge, and
-General Gaming.

After that, If I'm bored, I'll check Feedback, Help and several FF forums.

This is actually exactly the same thing that I do, only I look in Arts and Writing as well. I also tend to avoid threads that are already on the second page because 90% of the time I don't care what any of you have to say, and can't be bothered to read through it all to find out what the topic has degenerated to. :)

Edit: Also posts over a paragraph long tend to get ignored.