PDA

View Full Version : Well, I did it.

fantasyjunkie
09-26-2005, 09:57 AM
I plopped $50 down at Gamestop today to reserve my XBox 360. All 3 of us, me, my wife of 15 years, and my 7th grade daughter are all hard core gamers. Tell me, how many husbands, wives, and kids fight over who gets to play Animal Crossing? :D :D :D Man, my wife is the master of that game, beat me and got a gold statue in her name. Every time I walk by it in her town, she reminds me of how I lost :rolleyes2 . Does anyone else here have families that play or is it just indviduals?

Yuffie514
09-26-2005, 03:25 PM
in my family, my brother and i like to play video-games. he's probably with his final girlfriend since they look just about right for eachother. not the hardcore gamer, but at least she likes some form of video-games: The Sims.

kikimm
09-26-2005, 03:27 PM
It's only me and and my two brothers that like to play. My dad will play once in awhile, but only something that's in NamcoMuseum, like Pac-Man, or Galaga. Something nostalgic.

escobert
09-26-2005, 03:36 PM
My brothers and I all play except my brother Jimmy. My dad friggin loves medal of honor and all those games. He also loves to play nascar. But of course i have to kick his ass all the time. :D

Destai
09-26-2005, 04:05 PM
Im pretty much the only one who plays. My sister and cousin play crash bandicoot/spyro in my room occasionally.

Dreddz
09-26-2005, 06:31 PM
my bro used to play games, but stopped, all my other family members dont play. Me and my bro play Tekken 5 and SC2 alot still...

Winter Nights
09-26-2005, 07:24 PM
My wife has no care for such things. She does enjoy watching me play, though.

Shoeberto
09-26-2005, 08:37 PM
My sister goes for the retro stuff that we played as kids - Mario Kart, Donkey Kong Country, Super Mario Brothers, and so on.

Old Manus
09-26-2005, 09:13 PM
my wife of 15 years
In what sense

GooeyToast
09-26-2005, 09:20 PM
My Grandma greatly enjoys BMX XXX

Sephex
09-26-2005, 09:34 PM
My sister and I play video games frequently. My mom and dad used to play puzzle games for the NES, as well as some games for an ancient PC. The most "real" game that my dad has ever played was Mega Man 2.

Traitorfish
09-26-2005, 09:38 PM
Through my amazing powers of Treachorous Fishy persuasion, I've managed to turn my two younger sisters into gamers. Not the best move in retrospect- it made paying for an Xbox easier, but now I have to share it. Although recently, they've lost interest in it, leaving it to me and Halo 2 Live.
My dad plays a few games- mostly FPS and RTS games, his favourite of each being Doom (the mixture of Ultimate Doom/Doom 2) for PSX and Age of Empires 2: The Conquerors. Unfortuanately, it means having him on the computer for 6-hour sessions, but it also means he's willing to pay for a £1200 computer we don't really need.
As for my mum... well, she hates games, computers, and almost anything designed since 1874. Including trains that go over 32mph.

BottledJustice
09-26-2005, 10:17 PM
A guy in my guild on WoW is always on while his wife is at work, because she always wants to get on. I still think they should just get two compys and play at the same time, but that's just me. It is funny to hear the guy say stuff like,"Wife's home, gotta go guys!! Later!" though.... :rolleyes2

Azure Chrysanthemum
09-27-2005, 12:22 AM
Just myself and my sister. My father occassionally kicks us off to play the copy of Grand Turismo 3 I got him for his birthday awhile back.

fantasyjunkie
09-27-2005, 07:29 AM
my wife of 15 years
In what sense
Wev'e been married for 15 years :)

Raven Nox
09-27-2005, 08:04 AM
my uncle got my mom into Final Fantasy and that's what got me into video games. She doesn't really have time to play them anymore, but that just ends us fighting over them. Yes. Me and my mom fight over video games. xD All she plays is FF though, but she did used to play many other things during the SNES days.

Old Manus
09-27-2005, 03:50 PM
Wev'e been married for 15 years :)
Good. I have to be careful, you know.

crazybayman
09-27-2005, 05:12 PM
Just me.

My girlfriend used to play mario games, and even had an N64. Although she's too busy with her University studies to play now. Sometime's she sits with me, and studies Psycology/watches me play FF. She actually got me the PS2 a few Christmas' ago. God love 'er!

And I've only just gotten back into it over the past 2 years, since I've graduated university. I didn't have time to play during those 6 years, so now I've gotten back into it all over again.

Anyways, its just me who plays it now. I've always had dominion over my PS2. Likewise with my NES when I was a kid. My parents never bothered with it at all. My younger sister did a little, but VERY rarely. The NES was always mine.

I'd be so angry if I had to share my console :p I wouldn't know how to handle it. :p

bipper
09-27-2005, 06:52 PM
I am the alpha male round my house. I demand my video game time, and I get it. The wife Will Like it. Sleeping on the couch aint so bad.

Madame Adequate
09-27-2005, 07:41 PM
My step-dad plays a few games, mainly strategy thigns like Warcraft, point-'n'-clicks like Day Of The Tentacle, and he's a big fan of Myst as well. Lately I got him into WoW too. My mom doesn't play anything.

Also, my girlfriend plays games quite a bit as well. Obviously this leads to me being even more fond of her. Her little sister plays a lot as well =D (And is terrifyingly good for a ten year old ;_; )

edczxcvbnm
09-27-2005, 08:41 PM
Mom my use to. My brother does occasionally. Other than that I monoplize all the time and do it uncontested.

bipper
09-27-2005, 08:58 PM
My step-dad plays a few games, mainly strategy thigns like Warcraft, point-'n'-clicks like Day Of The Tentacle, and he's a big fan of Myst as well. Lately I got him into WoW too. My mom doesn't play anything.

Also, my girlfriend plays games quite a bit as well. Obviously this leads to me being even more fond of her. Her little sister plays a lot as well =D (And is terrifyingly good for a ten year old ;_; )

Day of the tenticle, is that the sequel to maniac Mansion? Gawd I loved that game :)

Spammerman
09-27-2005, 08:58 PM
In my immediate family, its only me :( ALl my uncles on my mom's side play games, my cousins too.

Leon2k
09-27-2005, 11:21 PM
I'm the only one in my family that really plays game my brother kinda does but he does'nt really have the pasion for them all my family are pretty much music nuts

*ETERNAL FANTASY*
09-28-2005, 02:23 AM
Surprisingly enough my mum introduced my brother and i to the world of games and consoles i remember the good ol days of taking turns of playing mario 1 on nintendo, that was fun! As of now its only my brother and i !!

Markus. D
09-28-2005, 03:30 AM
i tried getting my nan to try and beat devil may cry 3 for a bet.

i lost, she beat dante must die mode in 2 days *twiddles thumbs*

fantasyjunkie
09-28-2005, 07:05 AM
Just me.

My girlfriend used to play mario games, and even had an N64. Although she's too busy with her University studies to play now. Sometime's she sits with me, and studies Psycology/watches me play FF. She actually got me the PS2 a few Christmas' ago. God love 'er!

And I've only just gotten back into it over the past 2 years, since I've graduated university. I didn't have time to play during those 6 years, so now I've gotten back into it all over again.

Anyways, its just me who plays it now. I've always had dominion over my PS2. Likewise with my NES when I was a kid. My parents never bothered with it at all. My younger sister did a little, but VERY rarely. The NES was always mine.

I'd be so angry if I had to share my console :p I wouldn't know how to handle it. :p

I hear ya, 2 of my inlaws asked to borrow MY controller to my ps2 and i said"NO!!!"

crazybayman
09-28-2005, 06:49 PM
Just me.

I hear ya, 2 of my inlaws asked to borrow MY controller to my ps2 and i said"NO!!!"
NOOOOOOO!!!! ANYTHING BUT THAT!!!! :p

Aphelion
09-28-2005, 07:33 PM
Just me, unfortunately. All of my cousins used to play games, but they're "grown-ups" now and "playing games is just for kids". Well, well, I'm going to be a 50 year-old kid in the future...

fantasyjunkie
09-30-2005, 10:12 AM
AMEN!!!!!!!

FF freak
09-30-2005, 05:28 PM
I know what you mean. As I've been in college I haven't been able to play as much as I used to but I fully intend on being addicted to video games for the rest of my life.
Better than crack I guess...................

fantasyjunkie
10-01-2005, 07:19 AM
Yeah, I know what you mean. Sometimes my wife gets on my back and i tell her that I don't smoke, do drugs or drink and she aways knows where I am at all times. It's a tough arguement to counter LOL!