PDA

View Full Version : Games that got banned in your school

Itsunari 2000
09-26-2005, 01:27 PM
It's only a card game,not " gambling " you fucking retards !!!

TheAbominatrix
09-26-2005, 01:29 PM
Um... right.

All I can remember being banned when I was in school were pogs (shows my age, eh?) and slap bracelets (not a game, but still...).

SammieBabe
09-26-2005, 01:32 PM
I'm right there with ya Abominatrix...Some kid at my middle school got wapped in the face with one of the pog flippers(? the big heavy ones... cannot remember the names) so they banned them at my school too... along w/ slap bracelets...... I remember when Pokemon cards got banned from my sisters elementary school.....

Chris
09-26-2005, 01:34 PM
Spin and punch got banned from my school.

TheAbominatrix
09-26-2005, 01:34 PM
I'm right there with ya Abominatrix...Some kid at my middle school got wapped in the face with one of the pog flippers(? the big heavy ones... cannot remember the names) so they banned them at my school too... along w/ slap bracelets...... I remember when Pokemon cards got banned from my sisters elementary school.....

Slammers, werent they? Cant believe I remembered that xD.

Brak
09-26-2005, 01:36 PM
Dude pogs are f'n gansta.

I had a lot of the Batman Forever ones that were shaped
like batarangs and sharp (zomg).

I was feared and loathed as the Pogemon master of my
school. :greenie:

Destai
09-26-2005, 01:38 PM
Beyblades were banned from my primary school in case someone managed to spin one in there eye.

crazybayman
09-26-2005, 01:41 PM
Kick-can hockey in the classroom.

Back in grade 9 we'd gather in the classroom during recess and lunchtime, clear all the desks to the sides, and play "kick-can hockey", which was really soccer (football to the rest of the world), with full contact body checks like in hockey, kicking a squashed pop can which resembled a puck, instead of a ball.

Yes, it was banned.

What a game though :p

Onced banned we'd convene out on the baseball field, where we'd play body contact soccer (football), with a soccer ball. A mixture of hockey and soccer. Or just plain old soccer with the manliness of ice hockey's crunching body-checks.

Good times.

SammieBabe
09-26-2005, 01:41 PM

Slammers, werent they? Cant believe I remembered that xD.

How much you wanna bet that someone asks us what pogs are?..... :D

ThroneofDravaris
09-26-2005, 01:57 PM
Pokemon cards were banned from my Primary school because people started selling them.

Clever bastards....

Dignified Pauper
09-26-2005, 02:08 PM
the little electronic pocket pets. I can't remember what they were called. Tomigotchi?

Lindy
09-26-2005, 02:09 PM
Nothing.

My school wasn't staffed by anti-fun Nazis like most of yours seem to have been.

TheAbominatrix
09-26-2005, 02:34 PM

xD Seriously. It wouldnt surprise me in the least.

Nothing.

My school wasn't staffed by anti-fun Nazis like most of yours seem to have been.

I believe pogs had pretty much a nation-wide ban at schools. The reason being that parents would spend hoardes of money buying these pogs for their kids, only to have the kid come home crying because they'd lost all of them to a better player. I think that pretty much happens with all the card games and whatnot.

Slap bracelets were an obvious ban though. Those things friggin hurt.

Itsunari 2000
09-26-2005, 02:38 PM
There was this fool at my school who decided he would try and make money by colouring in coins and selling them for less than they were worth.What an idiot.

Lindy
09-26-2005, 02:39 PM
Pogs weren't banned at my school, but most people played for fun rather than keeps.

Then again, Pogs were out by the time I left Primary school, before then even, so it didn't last for long.

Sounds rather funny though, I thought England was the country that was entirely against kids being competitive, but I guess I was wrong.

TheAbominatrix
09-26-2005, 02:43 PM
I can remember only playing for fun as well, but I suppose it was the few spoiling it for the many, as usual.

American schools are big on pushing the competition, but anal on what they consider 'gambling'.

Lindy
09-26-2005, 02:47 PM
You know what's bugging me?

I have a complete collection of Pog Series 1 except for ONE single pog, but I can never remember which one it is I'm missing.

How annoying.

Nasarian Altimeros
09-26-2005, 02:59 PM
Yugioh got banned at my old Primary school. Not that anyone had official cards.

SammieBabe
09-26-2005, 02:59 PM
My HS banned tomagatchi's too...
I completely forgot about those......

Shauna
09-26-2005, 03:01 PM
Just about anything that was fun was banned at my school... but, nothing's banned in my high school? :D

LOLZ!? WOT R POGS!?

Captain Maxx Power
09-26-2005, 03:01 PM
Apparently fighting to the death is somehow dangerous. Pft, it ain't like it used to be. I used to get my ass kicked from morning til night, and if I complained the teachers used to put me in front of the class and humiliate me for being weak.

Nasarian Altimeros
09-26-2005, 03:02 PM
Whats a tomagatchi?

SammieBabe
09-26-2005, 03:06 PM
They were these little ....things that had computerized pets on them...You had to feed them, clean up after them, pet them and take care of them like a real pet. So naturally they were a huge hit in the States, and very distracting......

TheAbominatrix
09-26-2005, 03:07 PM
Tomgatchi were electronic pets. They still sell them, but they arent as big.

Essentially you'd get an plastic thing with a digital readout in the middle, and it was a game where you raised a pet, fed it, played with it, took care of it.

Shlup had one that was a monkey, and we took care of it until a guy we knew (that I later dated) chewed on it and killed it ;_;

edit: Edea beat me to it xD

Shauna
09-26-2005, 03:08 PM
Tomgatchi were electronic pets.

I thought it was Tamagotchi! O_o

AND U STILL HAVNT TOLD ME WOT POGS R!!! :mad2: :mad2: :mad2:

Destai
09-26-2005, 03:11 PM
Yeah Tomagotchis were banned from our school also. I remember in 2nd year of primary school making up excuses to leave the room. go to the bathroom, deliver a message and so on. Everytime I'd run out side, and feed my tomagotchi who was in my coat pocket which hung in the hall. Oh I was a rebel.

gokufusionss1
09-26-2005, 03:15 PM
British bulldog got banned after some kid cracked his skull

The stone throwing game was also banned

crazybayman
09-26-2005, 03:17 PM
British bulldog got banned after some kid cracked his skull
ahh.....BBC

Funny, that one never got banned in my school. Although it usually resulted in fights.

Destai
09-26-2005, 03:17 PM
Which reminds me, There was this long one story open building where kids sat in while it was raining. We used to divide into two themes and chuck stones over..well yeah you see where this is going.

Nasarian Altimeros
09-26-2005, 03:18 PM
Oh. Ive never heard of Tamagothchis, or virtual pet things.

rofl, im only 12 xD

escobert
09-26-2005, 03:24 PM
My school was actually pretty cool I guess about stuff (or we just never listend) I can't think of too many things hat got banned maybe yo yos but that was about it.

SammieBabe
09-26-2005, 03:25 PM
Tomgatchi were electronic pets. They still sell them, but they arent as big.

Essentially you'd get an plastic thing with a digital readout in the middle, and it was a game where you raised a pet, fed it, played with it, took care of it.

Shlup had one that was a monkey, and we took care of it until a guy we knew (that I later dated) chewed on it and killed it ;_;

edit: Edea beat me to it xD

It's ok ... your description was better than mine....
I had a puppy one for a week... kept killing it ...

FF freak
09-26-2005, 03:31 PM

Little cardboard disks that had pictures on them that you stacked and tried to flip over on there backs,(on their fronts if you were less cizilized) using a slammer (a piece about the same size as pogs only plastic).

I still have all my pogs and my lucky slammer my friend traded me.

Shauna
09-26-2005, 03:35 PM

Little cardboard disks that had pictures on them that you stacked and tried to flip over on there backs,(on their fronts if you were less cizilized) using a slammer (a piece about the same size as pogs only plastic).

I still have all my pogs and my lucky slammer my friend traded me.

I know. I've got some. I was waiting to see if someone would actually tell me. It was just cause Edea said that she wondered when someone would ask what Pogs are... I just asked? :D xD

escobert
09-26-2005, 03:38 PM
omfg lolz so funay. But yeah I still have all my pokemon cards, magic cards and pogs.

SammieBabe
09-26-2005, 03:41 PM
I knew you were kidding so that's why I didn't respond.... :) I was joking with Abominatrix because they were a fad so long ago.....

Shauna
09-26-2005, 03:42 PM
omfg lolz so funay. But yeah I still have all my pokemon cards, magic cards and pogs.

:p

Yea, I have my Pokemon cards, pogs... I wish I still had my tamagotchi or however its spelled... My mum threw it in the bin cause it kept beeping... :( :cry:

escobert
09-26-2005, 03:43 PM
I have no idea what happen to my tamagotchi I probably sold it for crack or something.

Zeldy
09-26-2005, 04:14 PM
Oh. Ive never heard of Tamagothchis, or virtual pet things.

rofl, im only 12 xD

Im 13 and i remember having one when i was like 7. I put it down in the Magazine rack in Morrisons and lost it :(

Bulldogs got banned in my old primary school. Oh how i remember that assembly well.
"Well, it seems that some of the Yr6's are playing a game called 'Bulldogs' Its dangerous and now Banned'
So we called it 'Chickens' and somebody told on us :(

Twisted Tinkerbell
09-26-2005, 04:16 PM
I remember pogs, they never got banned in my primary school, (I don't think), Tamagotchi did, and pokemon cards in hight school, cause some dude stole them from virtually anyone he came into contact with. Needless to say, the day he was caught he limped home. :D

Shauna
09-26-2005, 04:18 PM
Bulldogs got banned in my old primary school. Oh how i remember that assembly well.

Whats Bulldog? :o

I'm pretty sure whatever it was, it got banned in our school.

BB Run? :D I never found out what the BB stood for. xD

Twisted Tinkerbell
09-26-2005, 04:29 PM
My old judo teacher got us to play bulldog at the end of her lesson, we had to used our groundwork skills to keep someone on their back for 10 seconds or something. I gave someone a black eye during one game.

Zeldy
09-26-2005, 04:37 PM
Bulldog - You start of with one person on and they stand in the middle. The rest of you stand on one side. Basically, you have to get to the other side without getting tagged by the person in the middle. If you do you then join them in the middle. Its evil when your the last one who isnt on and everybody is after you ;_;

Shoden
09-26-2005, 04:38 PM
Beyblades but I still bring em in to show how stupid teachers are.

crazybayman
09-26-2005, 04:42 PM

Whats Bulldog? :o

I'm pretty sure whatever it was, it got banned in our school.

BB Run? :D I never found out what the BB stood for. xD

Bulldog - You start of with one person on and they stand in the middle. The rest of you stand on one side. Basically, you have to get to the other side without getting tagged by the person in the middle. If you do you then join them in the middle. Its evil when your the last one who isnt on and everybody is after you ;_;
BBC - British Bulldog Charge.

Except here in Newfoundland, you didn't have to tag the people to get them to join your side, you had to tackle them to the ground.

It was funny, because the biggest most overgrown kid would always be the last one standing, and he'd be running like mad, with all the smaller kids hanging off him :p

Zeldy
09-26-2005, 04:43 PM
Except here in Newfoundland, you didn't have to tag the people to get them to join your side, you had to tackle them to the ground.
It was funny, because the biggest most overgrown kid would always be the last one standing, and he'd be running like mad, with all the smaller kids hanging off him :p

Thats what Rugby basically is

Shoden
09-26-2005, 04:47 PM
I love Brit bulldog!

I maybe Lanky but I can wizz across dodgin' the taggers, I just roll underneath them and crawl run lol.

Poke' cards banned.

Any TCG is banned.

Shauna
09-26-2005, 04:50 PM

Yea! I loved that game! Til it got banned! :(

Yea, we called it BB Run. ^_^

Psychotic
09-26-2005, 04:53 PM
Pogs (World Tour was my speciality), tamagotchis, yo yos and Pokemon cards. How very original and unusual.

Bring back pogs! Heck, bring back any of them.

Flamethrower
09-26-2005, 04:59 PM

Maybe it's just me, but once you see a guy chewing on an electronic toy, that <i>might</i> be an early sign that he's not gonna be a catch. =P

I don't know of any games that I have banned in the schools I have been too. My schools have been pretty leniet with that sorta stuff.

crazybayman
09-26-2005, 04:59 PM

Without the ball. And uprights. And scrum. And Points.

Its basically a big violent game of tackle tag.

escobert
09-26-2005, 05:33 PM
smeer the queer? :D

The Summoner of Leviathan
09-26-2005, 05:35 PM

Without the ball. And uprights. And scrum. And Points.

Its basically a big violent game of tackle tag.

Oh! I know what you mean. We called it Red Rover. ^_^ It was fun.

Karl
09-26-2005, 06:15 PM
Um... right.

All I can remember being banned when I was in school were pogs (shows my age, eh?) and slap bracelets (not a game, but still...).
shows ur age? im 16 and i was playin with pogs in elementry skewl, and in middle skewl slap bracelets got banned cuz some 1 supposedly cut their wrist and died, which sounded like a load of bs

also pokemon xD, and in middle skewl, clothes that said stuff on the ass, it was pretty funny hearing my principal say bootylicious over and over and over, o yea and she also kept saying ghettofied :laugh:

Shauna
09-26-2005, 06:41 PM
Oh! I know what you mean. We called it Red Rover. ^_^ It was fun.

I'm pretty sure Red Rover was something else? :D Wasn't that the game where you formed 2 teams, and you linked arms? And you shouted a sad rhyme, and the person who's name you called had to run over and try to break through your linked arms?

Yea, that was banned also. :D

themagicroundabout
09-26-2005, 06:48 PM
I dont think that there's any "games" that have "officially" been "banned" at my school. :excited:

Dreddz
09-26-2005, 07:01 PM
pokemon cards....but people still brought them in....

TheAbominatrix
09-26-2005, 07:27 PM

Maybe it's just me, but once you see a guy chewing on an electronic toy, that <i>might</i> be an early sign that he's not gonna be a catch. =P

Things like that are attractive. Like in Jr High he thought he was a dinosaur and would run around screaming (he was 6'7" mind you) and eating leaves off trees. He was quite unusual, and I absolutely adored that about him.

He and Shlup had quite an interesting High School battle going on, but I wont get into that here.

As for pogs showing my age, Karl, I mean the huge obsession with them. It lasted a certain amount of years before the fad died off, but it was still around after. I just remember when everyone HAD to have pogs.

I never had many myself. Too poor xD. Same reason I didnt have my own Tamagotchi.

Itsunari 2000
09-26-2005, 07:29 PM
I take it they banned wrestling in your schools too.I mean,everything associated with the sport itself - you name it, WWF logos,slogans etc. was out of there.Gave me a perfect excuse to piledrive the miserable old hag of a principal through her desk.I was 10 years old at the time.

TheAbominatrix
09-26-2005, 07:31 PM
I cant remember it being banned, but I do know there was a fuss. I absolutely hated wrestling though, so I doubt I cared much about it. I remember the pog and slap bracelet bans so well because I was so angry about the 'injustice of it all' and whatnot.

Little Miss Awesome
09-26-2005, 10:19 PM
Yo-yo's, Pokemon cards, this game called Red Rover Those balls on strings filled with that glittery liquid (nobody dare!) and anything fun really :p

Dixie
09-26-2005, 10:21 PM
In America, this thread has the word Pokemon written ALL OVER IT. ^_^

GooeyToast
09-26-2005, 11:07 PM
Scooby Doo on the Bayou

Ryth
09-26-2005, 11:50 PM
Any sort of entertainment (this is not sarcasm I can't think of anything fun that wasn't banned) but that was probably the kid's fault they always took whatever it was and make it something horrible. Poke'mon and Yu-Gi-Oh! are what I remember the most.

Cruise Control
09-26-2005, 11:56 PM
Dude pogs are f'n gansta.
Tis so. Beyblades, pokemon, yugi-oh, anything you can have fun with.

Holy water is also not allowed because it's a weapon. XDDDDDDDD

Jack
09-26-2005, 11:59 PM
My school was run by a extremist Christian (and one of the first overly PC people you'll ever meet)

-Pogs
-Tazos
-Pokemon (Encoraged inhumane animal fighting)
-Pokemon cards (Turned the aniamls into pure "collectables")
-Yo-Yos (The string could strangle you)
-Skipping Ropes (Same)
-Bulldogs (Unsocialble movement)
-Football [Soccer] (A violent testosterone-led game that alienated girls)
-Most other ball games (What if it HIT YOU?)
-Tig (Same as Bulldog)

That's off the top of the head. And it taught me well, and I learned a lot from these bans.
I am now a Pokemon obessive who runs aroundnhis house "trigging" things with yo-yos tied around my neck. (P.S- I have awesome Pogs collection)

Markus. D
09-27-2005, 05:10 AM
well, when i went to Varsity High, BeyBlades was skankishly everywhere *shudders*

then i got a metal one off some and shot it at anothers leg :p (im an idiot when im bored), that got beyblades ban.

oooh, i also got an internal suspension for a month :\

DMKA
09-27-2005, 06:11 AM
I remember pogs being banned in my elementary schools...and I think Pokemon cards got banned from the second middle school I went to, but that was after I left maybe...I don't recall.

Man, I remember people who had full pog cases that were like three feet long. Lawl So Cal fads.

Xaven
09-27-2005, 06:47 AM
Banned from Briggs Fundamental:
-Trading cards
-Playing cards
-Any and all forms of toys
-Football
-Red Rover
-Certain ball games
-Electronic devices

Going to the same school for nine years wasn't fun, I'll tell you that.

Slade
09-27-2005, 06:50 AM
Marbles were banned from my primary school all those years ago because the caretaker camplained about the holes on the field (we played the GOOD marbles with holes not with silly little circles). Then in high school Yu-gi-oh cards were banned from being played in the library. I never got into those so it didnt effect me. Theres probably other. Actually theres definatly others, we had everything under the sun banned.

Dr.K
09-27-2005, 07:45 AM
Pogs got banned eventually, and I think conker fights may have almost been banned or something. Yo-yo's and Pokemon cards lived long though (my my, weren't we privileged?)

Old Manus
09-27-2005, 07:47 AM
Snap (srsly)

DMKA
09-28-2005, 12:03 AM
Snap (srsly)
What's that? Sound's ghetto.

Shoeberto
09-28-2005, 12:07 AM
At the high school level, it's anything involving any sort of cards, since it could be deemed "gambling." Our school also has Bess as its opressive web filtering service, so anything on the web that could be deemed remotely related to games is blocked. I could see the argument for something like Planetquake or the likes, since games like that are violent and blah blah school appropriateness, but even EoFF is blocked under the term of games.

Aurey
09-28-2005, 12:11 AM
Red rover.

I never got called over, anyway.

kikimm
09-28-2005, 12:15 AM
I don't remember anything that got banned. =/ Except for Pokemon cards but whatever, I didn't care.

And I have no idea what the hell pogs are. They seem to be/have been popular though.

crashNUMBERS
09-28-2005, 12:19 AM
It's only a card game,not " gambling " you smurfing retards !!!
Wtf??

Shoeberto
09-28-2005, 12:21 AM
And I have no idea what the hell pogs are. They seem to be/have been popular though.
Pogs were little cardboard discs that you bought and like fought them or something. I used to collect a bunch of them. I never actually knew how to play it, though. That was a long time ago, probably when I was like six or seven.

Aurey
09-28-2005, 12:24 AM
All I remember about pogs was eating one of them when I was seven.

I still don't know how you play them, and I don't even know if they sell them here.

Calliope
09-28-2005, 12:30 AM
Go Go Power Rangers!

TheAbominatrix
09-28-2005, 12:35 AM
To play pogs, you stack them up face down, a mixture of your pogs and your opponent's. Then, you hit the stack with a slammer (a pog made of plastic, metal, or whatever), and whatever pogs land face up, you keep.

Necronopticous
09-28-2005, 12:38 AM
Pogs and marbles, which was necessary since I went to elementary school in Huntington Beach, Los Angeles, where 4th graders were walking around with knives and guns ready to kill each other over losing a game for fingerhole slammers, or a 20-timer.

Rye
09-28-2005, 12:40 AM
Pokemon cards. :(

DMKA
09-28-2005, 12:45 AM
Pogs and marbles, which was necessary since I went to elementary school in Huntington Beach, Los Angeles, where 4th graders were walking around with knives and guns ready to kill each other over losing a game for fingerhole slammers, or a 20-timer.
Oh, you!

JaytodaP
09-28-2005, 01:32 AM
Red Rover, and Dodgeball. Its stupid. In Red Rover everyone called over the weak kids so they called it "discrimation". and in Dodgeball everyone aimed for the person who sucked the most. Screw that.

Calliope
09-28-2005, 05:58 AM
Actually, one school in Auckland forbids children from saying "Not even ow!" from Brotown. ;_;.

[for non-kiwis, that's the equivelant of being banned from saying "eat my shorts". Eww, spelling errors.]

DMKA
09-28-2005, 06:03 AM
Red Rover, and Dodgeball. Its stupid. In Red Rover everyone called over the weak kids so they called it "discrimation". and in Dodgeball everyone aimed for the person who sucked the most. Screw that.
Wow, that's pathetic.

Slade
09-28-2005, 06:04 AM
Go Go Power Rangers!
Playing Power Rangers was banned at my primary school too. We still played it anyway. Same with that great game, bullrush, which im pretty sure every school nz banned.

Shlup
09-28-2005, 06:05 AM
The bitch took my pogs! My favorite one was in that tube!

I still have most of my pogs though. :p~

After pogs were out, marbles were in. We had to play behind the shed though.

Raven Nox
09-28-2005, 06:26 AM
Hmm... I don't remember Pogs, I'm 15, but people younger than me seem to remember them, man I really should start paying attention more.

Pokemon got banned at my 2nd Elementary school, the one I went to before never banned them alltogether, just in the class room. Tamagotchi's were banned from both I believe. Marbles also. Anything that had to do with touching someone else, except tag, for some reason, they never banned that. Oh, and Wallball and of course Dodgeball, Dodgeball I can kinda understand because alot of people threw the ball to hard. ;_; Wallball never really hit anyone though.

Sephex
09-28-2005, 06:46 AM
Nothing from any one of my schools I went to (Grade-High) ever got banned. I mean, you couldn't bust out a walkman or play a gameboy. That's about it.

On a side note: I remember pogs.

Maxico
09-28-2005, 07:14 AM
Pogs, Conkers, Yoyos, Tamigotchis, Pokemon cards.

Anything the kids actualy enjoyed in any way.

Madame Adequate
09-28-2005, 04:41 PM
Pogs, Conkers, Yoyos, Tamigotchis, Pokemon cards.

Anything the kids actualy enjoyed in any way.

Check, check, check, check, and by now I daresay check.

They never got around to banning Chinchirorin, but then I was the only one who ever brought dice in.

DK
09-28-2005, 04:42 PM
Quake 3: Arena got taken off the network at college. :( that was a sad day.

Crop
09-28-2005, 04:50 PM
Yo-yos
Pokimon cards (sp)
Bayblades
Game boys
MP3s (not a game but still)
Mobile phones (There are games on mobile phones)

Sephex
09-28-2005, 05:01 PM
I just rememberd this. The security at my college wouldn't let a group of people I know play Magic because they banned the use of regular cards. Now, I don't play card games, but I thought that was stupid.

silverpigeon97
09-28-2005, 05:37 PM
Bulldog got banned after in one week or group suffered from one broken hand, two broke fingers, a broken collarbone and a case of amnesia. Also yo-yos after everyone was doing around the world and loads of people got brained iwth them.And wht the fuck is a pog?

xX.Silver.Wings.Xx
09-28-2005, 07:46 PM
What's Chinchirorin?
If its fun, interesting or runs on batteries it will usually be banned by most schools............
Our school has a YoYo phase...BANNED.
Conkers...(they where sad anyway)....BANNED
We had tamagotchis (i had a nano baby)....BANNED. :(
YuGiOh...(crap anyway..)...BANNED.
BeyBlade....(haven't tried that yet...)....BANNED.
POGS......(that was when i has just started primary school, but still)....BANNED
Mobiles.......(COME ON!!!!!!!)...........BANNED :(
Laptops...(I kinda understand that though...)...BANNED
POkemon cards...(THANK YOU!!!!!)......BANNED
Scoubi Dous......(just after I left....good.)...BANNED
Breathing.......(not yet)......YOU CAN'T BE SERIOUS!!!!!!!!.................... :eek: .................... BANNED.......crap..

Traitorfish
09-28-2005, 09:04 PM
The 'slaps' game. Where you, basically, slap each others hands for fun. There's some rules to it, but I can't be bothered to explain them.
The best thing about this was that it was actually me who introduced it to the school, after being taught it by my uncle. Of course, I didn't get into trouble or anything, because by the time the teachers found out, it was 14th hand news anyway.
EDIT:

MP3s (not a game but still)

iPods have games on them, though, don't they?

Social Moon Firesky
09-28-2005, 09:11 PM
Pokemon cards:- Kids were stealing them off each other and beating one another up for rare, shiny Charizards and Gyradoses and stuff.

Shag bands:- Banned because people were going round snapping them off people they fancied, then harrassing them about it afterwards, saying that they were owed a date/sex, etc. -_-; Sad people...

tan
09-29-2005, 02:39 AM
my middle school banned Yu-Gi-Oh cards because they thought the kids were going to sue the school if we lost some cards. Those dumbasses.

Anyways, in my high school we have no bans against any games because we have no games to play. Oh, wait. No, they did ban one game. It was called "Touch the Boobie!" xD :P

SammieBabe
09-29-2005, 04:14 AM
They banned card games at my hs as well , since the popular game of the time was Bull Sh*t.....and of course pagers were the thing and they were banned... nobody had cell phones at the time like they do now....

Spammerman
09-29-2005, 06:08 AM
THe only thing i know of htats banned is beyblades in my school. They lets us play cards, though the only one time we ever play cards is in science.

Xaven
09-29-2005, 06:24 AM
Oh yeah! They banned tag as well.

Peegee
09-29-2005, 01:22 PM
Just about everything was banned from school in the time period of kids born in the 1990's. You guys missed out on the 1980's where we would bring everything to school from skip-it to TMNT to giant robot toys. Now it's all 'wah wah I'm too passive to do anything about it when a kid wants something I own' and 'omg nobody taught me how to gamble I want back what I lose but when I win I don't wanna give it back'.

And yes, I am linking banned games from school with the decline in self esteem and general common sense :D

Itsunari 2000
09-29-2005, 08:10 PM
Everybody knows the 90's sucked ass anyway.

YunaGirl05
09-29-2005, 10:38 PM
I remember when i was in 5th grade those little paper fortune tellers you could make got banned.

Dreddz
09-29-2005, 10:55 PM
Not True....

Slade
09-29-2005, 11:37 PM
Die Scum! :mad2:

rubah
09-29-2005, 11:41 PM
I think they banned pokemon and stuff.

We aren't allowed to have gambling devices at school, but I'm sure people have cards and dice anyways.

Daryl
09-30-2005, 01:48 AM
I can't recall any games that were banned when I was in school.

Cipher
09-30-2005, 12:59 PM
You know, I was never a Pokemon Card fan... but I made so much cash selling the bastards when I was in middle school. In fact, my friend and I had a double-team thing going on. I'd sell the cards, then try to sell them on Pokemon Artwork (which my friend would draw).

And on a slightly shadier side, I also used to sell the occasional cheap knockoff to elementary school kids.

I know, I am teh evilz0r.

But yeah, elementary school? Skip-It used to be the shiznit. Kids would challenge each other to Skip-It the same way you hear people being challenged to Yugioh battles.

Random Child 1: "I CHALLENGE YOU TO A SKIP-IT DUEL!!!!!111one"
Random Child 2: "Your 90 skips is NO MATCH for my 125 skips!"

O.o

Chibi Angel
09-30-2005, 01:19 PM
I remember when i was in 5th grade those little paper fortune tellers you could make got banned.

The cootie catcher things? Those got banned at my gradeschool to. With Pokemon, Digimon cards, gigapets, electronic digivices and practically any other thing that's a distraction during class. Now at my highschool the only thing banned is M rated video games. :mad: which is a real downer I miss mortal Kombat.

Itsunari 2000
09-30-2005, 07:12 PM
Well my memory of the 90's as a kid was economic recession and general misery all around.And the rise of the" bad generation " to name but a few.

crazybayman
09-30-2005, 07:22 PM
Nothing from any one of my schools I went to (Grade-High) ever got banned. I mean, you couldn't bust out a walkman or play a gameboy. That's about it.
Same here.

Although in an earlier post I mentioned BBC, and playing hockey in the classroom, however come to think of it, that didn't get banned either. Although were told to stop many times.

How ridiculous is that, banning cards and toys.

If a kid was playing with $hit like that during class, it was taken from him/her. It was never banned from the entire school.

Everybody knows the 90's sucked ass anyway.BLASPHEMY!
I'm still hooked on 90's music. The 90's ruled. Hard.

Well my memory of the 90's as a kid was economic recession and general misery all around.And the rise of the" bad generation " to name but a few.
Funny I don't remember it like that.

Skarr
09-30-2005, 09:07 PM
Pokmon. Anything to do with pokemon was not allowed...mainly due to the fact that when i was in 7th grade we used to sell the cards to 4th-6th graders...the school saw that as robbing the little kids. Well all games were banned in school, but pokemon was the most infamous ban.

thw waxing moon
10-02-2005, 02:32 PM
all things to do with cards after me and 3 mates had a masive poker game with no less then 2 teachers in year 7 i think

i got 2 weeks (inforsed holaday) for that
and later full out suspenchen for takeing in my tarot cards and giveing readings in the hall that was the end of any schools that had "religen" in them hehehe

p.s poker game i won £20 hell yes

Primus Inter Pares
10-02-2005, 04:06 PM
fun

Itsunari 2000
10-02-2005, 04:40 PM
Do you think they'd ever ban chess ? I'm going to find out.

GhandiOwnsYou
10-03-2005, 04:56 AM
Dude, Tech Decks. How could you leave those things out. at least in my area, those things were everywhere. the little stations and stuff to change out the wheels and the bushings when you played with em too much? those were the awesome... We actually had a teacher that would take yours, and put them in her desk, and when we were taking tests or what ever, she'd take them out and play with them. it was really funny, cuz after class you could challenge her and stuff. by the end of the year, she had whole skateparks she had confiscated, and a pile of boards and parts that was ridiculous....

Resha
10-03-2005, 08:10 AM
Digimons. :( I snuck it in and battled anyways! ^_^

Primus Inter Pares
10-03-2005, 08:37 AM
:eek: :eek: :eek: Naughty Resha! :mad2:

Twisted Tinkerbell
10-03-2005, 01:05 PM
all things to do with cards after me and 3 mates had a masive poker game with no less then 2 teachers in year 7 i think

i got 2 weeks (inforsed holaday) for that
and later full out suspenchen for takeing in my tarot cards and giveing readings in the hall that was the end of any schools that had "religen" in them hehehe

p.s poker game i won £20 hell yes

I used to bring my tarot cards in and give readings, nothing ever happened to me, except a few teachers wanting a reading.

vivi knight
10-04-2005, 06:46 AM
warcraft IIIand heros might of magic III that.s not all of them but it.s them i can remember :D :eek:

black orb
10-05-2005, 02:38 AM
>>> A dumb computer game called Porntris..

G SpOtZ
10-05-2005, 02:50 AM
nothing that i know of. but they banned Google.com at my middle school 2 years ago because some kid was looking at porn through it. idiot.

Madame Adequate
10-05-2005, 03:18 AM

Word to that, yo.

The 90's sucked massively.

Rengori
10-05-2005, 03:43 AM
Anything on www.newgrounds.com was immediatly banned. I don't blame 'em, there's a lot of stuff the school doesn't want you to see. Oh, and we're not allowed to bring manga rated T+ or higher either.
nothing that i know of. but they banned Google.com at my middle school 2 years ago because some kid was looking at porn through it. idiot.Whenever one of the idiots at our school does that, they just get an F in whatever class they did it in and get their internet privilages taken away.

EDIT: Oh, and we're not allowed to bring key chain games like Tomagachi's. Boy those were fun before we got a dog!

loza
10-05-2005, 07:27 AM
my skool banned scrable cause some1 trew a s at the teacher! lol :p