PDA

View Full Version : Red XIII 's Cosmo Memory

Lord_Bahamut
09-26-2005, 04:42 PM
Hey guys , well ive beatin this game so many times this certain thing that happens has become an oddity ..... Why cant i learn Red XIII 's Limit Cosmo Memory?

* White Aeris *
09-26-2005, 04:51 PM
well have you learnt all his other Limits? these are them:
Level 1:Sled Fang, Lunatic High,
Level 2:Blood Fang, Stardust Ray,
Level 3:Howling Moon, Earth Rave.
Once you learn these go to the item menu and chose his Limit Break. make sure he is on your team and give it to him. he should take it. if he doesn't ,even if you know all his other Limit Breaks, then something definatly is wrong.

Lord_Bahamut
09-26-2005, 04:58 PM
doh i missed stardust

Crop
09-26-2005, 06:31 PM
I find it rubbish anyway.

Skyblade
09-26-2005, 07:12 PM
Yep. I don't like the Limit Breaks such as Cosmo Memory, All Creation, and Catastrophe. They do large damage to a group, but by the end of the game its just the same amount of damage as the character does with Slash All: 9999 to everyone.

d£v!l'$ ph0£n!x
09-26-2005, 08:57 PM
i catastrophe is a godd move. it attacks about 7 times i think for twice the amount of damage as his normal attack with each attack (what!?). anyway lord bahamut, if u want a to know a neat trick on how to get limits fast then PM me n i'l tell u. i'd put it here but it takes a long time to write n it mite b pointless if u dont even want it :(

Skyblade
09-26-2005, 08:59 PM
i catastrophe is a godd move. it attacks about 7 times i think for twice the amount of damage as his normal attack with each attack (what!?). anyway lord bahamut, if u want a to know a neat trick on how to get limits fast then PM me n i'l tell u. i'd put it here but it takes a long time to write n it mite b pointless if u dont even want it :(

No, Catastrophe hits once per enemy. Angermax is Barret's best Limit Break, IMHO.

G SpOtZ
09-26-2005, 09:31 PM

No, Catastrophe hits once per enemy. Angermax is Barret's best Limit Break, IMHO.
Ungarmax? and i coulda sworn catastrophe was the best limit, hitting more than once.

EDIT: buy a lot of hypers, and give one to the character that you want to learn the limit break for. this only works for the 2nd limit for each set, when you have to do with previous limit 8 times, for example.

as for killing the amount of enemies, i would just say cast haste on the characters that you want to kill all the enemies, and hack away. or shoot away. or hit away.

Skyblade
09-26-2005, 10:57 PM

Ungarmax? and i coulda sworn catastrophe was the best limit, hitting more than once.

EDIT: buy a lot of hypers, and give one to the character that you want to learn the limit break for. this only works for the 2nd limit for each set, when you have to do with previous limit 8 times, for example.

as for killing the amount of enemies, i would just say cast haste on the characters that you want to kill all the enemies, and hack away. or shoot away. or hit away.

Yes, Ungarmax. It's called Angermax in the PC version, which is what I've been playing recently. Sorry.

Catastrophe is Barret's level 4 Limit Break, but it only hits once per enemy, while Ungarmax hits 12 times (and since you can't face more than 5 enemies at once, that's more than two per enemy).

Masamune·1600
09-26-2005, 11:15 PM

Yes, Ungarmax. It's called Angermax in the PC version, which is what I've been playing recently. Sorry.

Catastrophe is Barret's level 4 Limit Break, but it only hits once per enemy, while Ungarmax hits 12 times (and since you can't face more than 5 enemies at once, that's more than two per enemy).

I'm afraid you're very confused. Catastrophe is a multi-hit technique; it hits 10 times. Ungarmax hits 18 times. You're probably thinking, in the case of Catastrophe, of Satellite Beam, which hits hits all enemies once. These values are consistent with all versions of the game.

Skyblade
09-27-2005, 12:30 AM

I'm afraitd you're very confused. Catastrophe is a multi-hit technique; it hits 10 times. Ungarmax hits 18 times. You're probably thinking, in the case of Catastrophe, of Satellite Beam, which hits hits all enemies once. These values are consistent with all versions of the game.

Really? It's been a long time since I've used Catastrophe, but I thought it was single hit. Oh well, thanks for correcting me on that. All Creation and Cosmo Memory are single hit though, right?

Masamune·1600
09-27-2005, 03:36 AM
Yeah, Cosmo Memory and All Creation are both single hit attacks.

ljkkjlcm9
09-27-2005, 04:22 AM
the best characters for multi hit limit breaks are
Cloud, Cid, Barret, it's that simple

THE JACKEL

DMKA
09-27-2005, 04:37 AM
Yep. I don't like the Limit Breaks such as Cosmo Memory, All Creation, and Catastrophe. They do large damage to a group, but by the end of the game its just the same amount of damage as the character does with Slash All: 9999 to everyone.
That's incorrect.

Skyblade
09-27-2005, 04:43 AM
That's incorrect.

Yeah, ok, I get it. You're only, what, the fourth person to tell me that? I get the frelling point. I already acknowledged it.

DMKA
09-27-2005, 05:03 AM
Yeah, ok, I get it. You're only, what, the fourth person to tell me that? I get the frelling point. I already acknowledged it.
That's incorrect aswell.

Skyblade
09-27-2005, 05:39 AM
That's incorrect aswell.

Fine, the fifth person. Devil's Phoenix, G SpOtZ, Masamune 1600, ljkkjlcm9, and you.

Get this through your thick frelling skull, jackass. I understand that I was wrong. I admitted that I was wrong. There is no need to continue bitching at me for it, so I would very much appreciate if you would stop.

d£v!l'$ ph0£n!x
09-27-2005, 12:10 PM
oh ive just realised sumthing (returning to the original question in this thread. we've all gone way off course) there is a glitch that sometime happens which makes it so u cant earn limits. i don't know if this just applies for all limits or just the 4th limit u'll hav to ask sum1 else

Skyblade
09-27-2005, 04:23 PM
I haven't seen a glitch like that. Any clue what triggers it?

As a side note, what are the requirements for earning Cait Sith's Slots Limit Break?

DK
09-27-2005, 04:33 PM
Written by yours truely. (http://www.eyesonff.com/ff7/limitguide.shtml)

Skyblade
09-27-2005, 04:52 PM
Written by yours truely. (http://www.eyesonff.com/ff7/limitguide.shtml)

Thank you. That had exactly the information I wanted. That's a good guide. I'd also add in the fact that you have to acquire all of a character's other Limit Breaks to learn the Lv4 Limit Break.

Also, you're right, the game starts counting enemy deaths for the next level before you acquire the second attack in your current level. It is possible to acquire Meteorain without getting Cross-Slash or Climhazzard.

* White Aeris *
09-27-2005, 04:55 PM
It is possible to acquire Meteorain without getting Cross-Slash or Climhazzard.
is it? i didn't know that. i was wondering how Lord_Bahamut had missed one out.... also on Cait Sith's dice limit break when he starts rolling more dice does that mean your closer to getting Slot? :confused:

Skyblade
09-27-2005, 05:05 PM
It is possible to acquire Meteorain without getting Cross-Slash or Climhazzard.
is it? i didn't know that. i was wondering how Lord_Bahamut had missed one out.... also on Cait Sith's dice limit break when he starts rolling more dice does that mean your closer to getting Slot? :confused:

No, the number of dice he uses in indicative of his level, not the number of people he's killed, which is what he needs to get Slot.

* White Aeris *
09-27-2005, 05:25 PM
oh right, thanks! so how many dice would he use on level 99 ,do you know?

Light Mage
09-27-2005, 07:02 PM
I think it's one dice for every 10 levels. (plus one dice for levels 1-9) so I guess 10 dice after Level 90-99?

I may be wrong, it could be one dice for every 20 levels, which would be five dice after level 80...