PDA

View Full Version : what if...

Carl the Llama
09-26-2005, 09:52 PM
[TR][TD]if materia was real and you were traped on a tropical island with absolutely no way off, what materia would you take and what 2 items would you take (bearing in mind that being a trpoical island there would be a bountiful supply of food) i would 1. take a suitcase of books and my second item would be a saw (hopefully made of stainless steel :D) and my materia would be lightning and water. with the lightning i would have a weapon and a way to make fire all in one and the water well thats obvious.

Anniexo
09-26-2005, 09:58 PM
I'd have fire (better to start a fire with well duh) water (Do i need to say why) lighting (well it's a good way to get the fish lol) and for the itmes a sword or gun and black sunglasses (I don't like being out in the sun with out them that's why I don't get out a lot cus i don't have any lol)

Crazy4Tidus
09-26-2005, 09:58 PM
Knights of the Round Table...if I ever get attacked by something it helps...
Water...Salt water taste like crap...

Captain Maxx Power
09-26-2005, 10:07 PM
Two All materias, a empty waste paper basket and a rake.

Carl the Llama
09-26-2005, 10:16 PM
[TR][TD]
I'd have fire (better to start a fire with well duh) water (Do i need to say why) lighting (well it's a good way to get the fish lol) and for the itmes a sword or gun and black sunglasses (I don't like being out in the sun with out them that's why I don't get out a lot cus i don't have any lol)
i said 2 silly thats why id take lightning over fire as i dont want my food chargrilled when i kill it i said a saw so i wouldnt need to hack (as a sword would get blunt very quickly if you used it to chop fire wood every night.KD

Knights of the Round Table...if I ever get attacked by something it helps...
Water...Salt water taste like crap... but remember you could only use KotR a maximum of 3 times (based on the 250 mp cost coupled with the fact you probly wouldnt even have that much mp) before you needed a rest...

G SpOtZ
09-26-2005, 11:27 PM
Exit materia so i can leave the island. LOL just kidding, that probably wouldn't work because it's not like teleport or anything.

hmmm......this is a tough one.
2 objects first:
1) probably a light sharp axe or saw. maybe even a sturdy sharp sword.
2) towel. LOL. don't wanna be all sticky and yucky from all that salt you know. and it's good to have something to lie on. lol.

Materia:
1) Earth Materia, so i can cause earthquakes which would tell people about my whereabouts so i can be saved. and also, i could use rocks to say HELP on the beach.
2) manipulate. if dolphins aren't willing to play with me or bring me back to mainland, then i'll MAKE THEM! WARHARHARHAR!

Dreddz
09-27-2005, 12:05 AM
I would take fire, to kill and cook. And cure......

Mercen-X
09-27-2005, 12:34 AM
For items, I would take my scorpion hat (note that's not capitalized, it's embroidered with an actual scorpion, it doesn't have a picture of Scorpion from Mortal Kombat on it). It has sentimental value and I don't go anywhere without it.
Then I'd pack a huge set of light-weight wings.
My materia would be Contain and I'd use Tornado to GET MYSELF OFF THE DAMN ISLAND!!

Carl the Llama
09-27-2005, 10:02 AM
[TR][TD]i think many people are missing the point i said there could be no way off of the island i.e. you had to live there forever.

Dreddz if you killed with fire wouldnt your food be really burnt on the outside thus makeing it worse thats why i would use lightning as it wouldnt burn when killing somthing :D

Ceil
09-27-2005, 10:32 AM
Cure, Fire; Buster Sword (^_^), Guitar.

In case I ever get hurt.

To cook meh food and provide warmth.

To hunt meh food o/

I just can't live without music ;)

d£v!l'$ ph0£n!x
09-27-2005, 12:15 PM
final attack and phoenix materia :Dhehe:D so i could die from hunger or thirst or cold (there are rainy seasons in the tropics!)then come back to life and feel all refreshed (like a new born baby! aww!) and also phoenix could keep me company

a weapon to fight things for fun (probably a 2-handed sword, or dual pistols, OR BOTH!!!) and a cowboy hat (i burn easily!!!)

TheAbominatrix
09-27-2005, 12:19 PM
[TR][TD]i think many people are missing the point i said there could be no way off of the island i.e. you had to live there forever.

Dreddz if you killed with fire wouldnt your food be really burnt on the outside thus makeing it worse thats why i would use lightning as it wouldnt burn when killing somthing :D

Um... lightning burns. Have you ever seen pictures of people struck by lightning? All that's left is charred beyond belief. Also fire can be used to light fires for warmth and cooking.

I'd bring fire for the aforementioned reason. Cure for obvious ones. Water would be nice, but I'm sure there's plenty of fresh water on this awesome island.

For stuff, my books and my man.

Carl the Llama
09-27-2005, 09:12 PM

Um... lightning burns. Have you ever seen pictures of people struck by lightning? All that's left is charred beyond belief. Also fire can be used to light fires for warmth and cooking.
[TR][TD]you can set things on fire with a bolt of lightning like timber or somthing, and if you used lightning you could aim it for the creatures head and thus blasting off its head and not burning somthing to death, which you would most likely do with fire

Skyblade
09-27-2005, 09:19 PM

[TR][TD]you can set things on fire with a bolt of lightning like timber or somthing, and if you used lightning you could aim it for the creatures head and thus blasting off its head and not burning somthing to death, which you would most likely do with fire

Wrong. Lightning isn't that controllable. It is simple electricity. It would seek the path of least resistance to get to the ground. If it hit a creature's head it would then pass through most of the rest of its body in an attempt to reach the ground and restore the ion difference that caused it in the first place.

Carl the Llama
09-27-2005, 09:23 PM
Wrong. Lightning isn't that controllable. It is simple electricity. It would seek the path of least resistance to get to the ground. If it hit a creature's head it would then pass through most of the rest of its body in an attempt to reach the ground and restore the ion difference that caused it in the first place.
[TR][TD]Ah but what your forgeting is that this is magic lightning and so it could be different, if you couldnt aim it at somthing then it wouldnt be of any use. besides when you use lightning agains somthing that absorbs fire it doesnt heal it which if it burnt it (fire) it would heal it and thus magic lightning doesnt burn things KD

Mercen-X
09-27-2005, 09:26 PM

Well, I guess it would be odd to be trapped/stranded on an island with a couple of items you just happen to need.

If I were banished to a tropical island, sentenced to live out the rest of my natural or unnatural life there, then I'd still bring my hat. There's no need for any other item, because I could just build it there on the island. I'd also bring water materia because it's harder to collect water from a random storm than it is to make fire from scratch. Then, I'd have the Shiva materia.

Carl the Llama
09-27-2005, 09:30 PM

Well, I guess it would be odd to be trapped/stranded on an island with a couple of items you just happen to need.

If I were banished to a tropical island, sentenced to live out the rest of my natural or unnatural life there, then I'd still bring my hat. There's no need for any other item, because I could just build it there on the island. I'd also bring water materia because it's harder to collect water from a random storm than it is to make fire from scratch. Then, I'd have the Shiva materia.

[TR][TD]what about entertainment? what would you do during the day? thats why i would have a suitcase of books KD

Skyblade
09-27-2005, 09:34 PM
[TR][TD]Ah but what your forgeting is that this is magic lightning and so it could be different, if you couldnt aim it at somthing then it wouldnt be of any use. besides when you use lightning agains somthing that absorbs fire it doesnt heal it which if it burnt it (fire) it would heal it and thus magic lightning doesnt burn things KD

You can aim it. That doesn't mean that you hit something with Bolt 3 and expect its body to be in perfect condition when you're done. If you want that, just take the Destruct Materia and use Death.

My guess about the absorbtion thing is the difference between electrical burns as opposed to burns from an open flame. They have much the same effect, but I bet the Materia combinations treat them differently.

Anniexo
09-27-2005, 09:41 PM
[TR][TD]
i said 2 silly thats why id take lightning over fire as i dont want my food chargrilled when i kill it i said a saw so i wouldnt need to hack (as a sword would get blunt very quickly if you used it to chop fire wood every night.KD

opps sorry when you said two of something i thounge only two items

Carl the Llama
09-27-2005, 10:01 PM
[TR][TD] whats going on with the thread, can a mod please edit the post so it doesnt look all weird thanks KD.

Leeza
09-27-2005, 10:12 PM
Done.

Mercen-X
09-27-2005, 10:30 PM

[TR][TD]what about entertainment? what would you do during the day? thats why i would have a suitcase of books KD
That's what the Shiva materia is for.

G SpOtZ
09-28-2005, 12:02 AM
knights of the round so i have a bunch of people to chill wit, u kno? but then it'd be a big sausage fest, so i guess i'd want shiva there too, but then she might turn into a slut... GOD i can't decide!

screw this. i don't wanna live on an island for the rest of my life, especially if i'm alone. leviathan materia, so i can get the hell offa the island. and i don't care if you say there's no way off, i'm not gonna live there the rest of my life. if that island was the last remaining island, then i'd bring a lot of girls. gotta repopulate the world if we become the only ones left u know? hahaha.... and if i'm not allowed to bring people, then i figure i'd die anyway so i'll just get it over with, quick and painless. but if i'm just stranded, then screw it, i'm gettin off, i'll find a way offf, and i'll use the sun and stars for directions.

TheAbominatrix
09-28-2005, 12:40 AM

I cant set timber on fire with fire?

And if you hit a creature's head, the lightning current would go through their entire body and scorch everything, inside and out.

And if lightning can be 'aimed', why cant fire? Why nitpick fire when lightning is just as destructive?

DMKA
09-28-2005, 12:52 AM
Revive + Final Attack

Demonicsephiroth
10-13-2005, 01:37 AM
[TR][TD]if materia was real and you were traped on a tropical island with absolutely no way off, what materia would you take and what 2 items would you take (bearing in mind that being a trpoical island there would be a bountiful supply of food) i would 1. take a suitcase of books and my second item would be a saw (hopefully made of stainless steel :D) and my materia would be lightning and water. with the lightning i would have a weapon and a way to make fire all in one and the water well thats obvious.
I think i would take a Masamune Blade.and jenovas cell as my item then I would take Black Materia and Fire as my materia.even if there is no way off the island I will still obtain my goal.

Dinnova
10-13-2005, 01:49 AM
Materia
I would take Cure, and Fire.
With fire i can get clean water and defend myself if needed,
and cure if i get injured.

Items
I would take some kind of weapon, like a sword(multi purpose)
and I would take some other item for entertainment :D

or the meteor idea would be nice 2. :D

Vanilla's vanilla
10-13-2005, 04:35 AM
gameshark materia 8D

J/k
Fire and Cure....

Fonzie
10-13-2005, 04:45 AM
Fire and mime, and a surival knife and a First Aid kit

mime would be for extra food and extra stuff XD~