PDA

View Full Version : Who would make the best couple in seven?

Pages : [1] 2

DarkLord
09-27-2005, 03:59 PM
No stupid answers that'll get the thread closed, I just want to know who would be best together in seven. for example...
Cloud and Tifa
Aeris and the Prince of Darkness (Who good ol' Sephiroth sent her to)

Skyblade
09-27-2005, 04:18 PM
Cloud and Tifa. My favorite pairing in the game. I think Tifa cares for Cloud much more than Aeris, and I always liked this pairing better than the Cloud/Aeris pairing.

Cid and Shera. I like these two together, especially now that Cid won't be treating Shera like $^%@ anymore.

* White Aeris *
09-27-2005, 05:29 PM
yeah i like Cid and Shera too. they are great for each other!
also..... Aeris and Cloud. I like the idea of this couple even though loads of people hate Aeris. I always thought she was really kind and right for Cloud.

Shoden
09-27-2005, 05:37 PM
Aeris and Tifa lol.
Cloud

Winter Nights
09-27-2005, 05:43 PM
Aeris and Tifa lol.
I'll go with this. :p

boys from the dwarf
09-27-2005, 07:29 PM
tifa and cloud is the best. but tifa does care loads more than aeris. aeris is just being kinda selfish and she can probly tell tifa has feelings for him.

Carl the Llama
09-27-2005, 09:59 PM
[TR][TD] ok we know everyones view on Aeris lets not get into this again.

i think that Yuffie and tifa would make a good couple XD

Winter Nights
09-27-2005, 10:27 PM
[TR][TD] i think that Yuffie and tifa would make a good couple XD
I support this theory too. :D

Ceil
09-28-2005, 01:35 AM
Yuffie and Tifa.

....what?

Slade
09-28-2005, 06:24 AM
[TR][TD] i think that Yuffie and tifa would make a good couple XD
I support this theory too. :D

TheAbominatrix
09-28-2005, 06:29 AM
I dont know if Cloud and Tifa would be good together initially, but I think she could really bring him a lot of happiness. She has the will to stick with him even when he's being all moody, and not a lot of people can do that in relationships. I think she has the right kind of devotion to him, and I adore childhood sweetheart stories.

I think Aerith was too mean to Tifa for the two of them to be together. Aerith and Yuffie would do well, I think.

Aerith and Zack definitly, I wish that would have been expanded on a bit more. They have the perfect outgoing personalities for eachother.

Carl the Llama
09-28-2005, 10:10 AM
Aerith and Zack definitly, I wish that would have been expanded on a bit more. They have the perfect outgoing personalities for eachother.

[TR][TD]i think you might get your wish with that game they are releseing that has Zack as the main character, crisis core isnt it? KD.

Christmas
09-28-2005, 11:23 AM
Jenova and Hojo.....

=Angelus=
09-28-2005, 02:21 PM
Chocobo:choc2: and Gold Chocobo:choc:
:D

Gaomajiro
09-28-2005, 06:13 PM
Aside from weighing in with another vote for the traditional Cloud x Aeris match (and Tifa x Cloud are an equally interesting match), I've got to agree that Tifa and Aeris would be a really cute couple. ^_^

And Yuffie is teh awesome, so I'd be more than happy to see Aeris or Tifa matches on that front. :)

Chibi Angel
09-28-2005, 06:37 PM
Yuffie and Vincent :p

Skyblade
09-29-2005, 01:37 AM
Anyways I love cloudxaeries YES YOU HEARD cloudxaeries she loved him not zack =P i could go into it but i dun' wanna.

Yes, I heard. I just disagree. And there is no need to shout.

G SpOtZ
09-29-2005, 03:03 AM
Cloud and Ruby WEAPON.

No stupid answers that'll get the thread closed
oops. nevermind then. lol.

How about... Vincent and Lucrecia because it's mysterious and somewhat tragic.

CloudxTifa just because.

AerisxDeath. Everything was better this way.

YuffiexKotr. She gets a bunch of knights AND amazing materia!

CidxShera. Shera is basically Cid's b!+ch

HeideggarxScarlet. Gyahaha and Kyahaha.

SephyxMeteor.

JenovaxHojo. they're both disgusting.

?????
09-29-2005, 03:16 AM
Somehow I can't see Yuffie and King Arthur getting it on.

For the actual purposes of the storyline, if Zack wasn't dead then I'd say Aeris and him. Cloud and Tifa work well together; failing that, so do Tifa and Barrett. Yuffie and Reeve might work; she's got a playful personality, while Reeve is clearly nuts enough to control a robot cat and call himself Cait Sith. Anyone with Sith as a part of their name ought to be respected.

TheAbominatrix
09-29-2005, 05:05 AM
i think that Yuffie and tifa would make a good couple XD

Thats disgusting no not just because their both girls but because they have ABOSOLUTLY NOTHING IN COMMON...and i know this comment is coming from a fanboy -_-

Anyways I love cloudxaeries YES YOU HEARD cloudxaeries she loved him not zack =P i could go into it but i dun' wanna.

Exactly so there personalitys would nullify the other,oppasites work better one can learn from the other.

Which shows how little you know about adult relationships. Opposites can work but similar personalities work extremely well together.

Terror of Zanarkand
09-29-2005, 05:58 AM
hmm i really have to say Cid and Shera we all know Cid likes Shera! ;)

Carl the Llama
09-29-2005, 09:26 AM
Thats disgusting no not just because their both girls but because they have ABOSOLUTLY NOTHING IN COMMON...and i know this comment is coming from a fanboy -_-
[TR][TD]incase you hadn't realised it is a joke hence why i put the XD at the end of it , and if im a fanboy then why do i always put my arguments in a well thoughtout manner, if i were a fanboy i would simply reply like this: CLOUD IS TEH ROXORS!!!!1111 or somthing equally stupid. just because i have done most things doesnt make me a fanboy it makes me a fan. KD

Chris
09-29-2005, 12:58 PM
Hmm... Cloud and... Tifa and Aeris? Menage a toir? :confused:

DK
09-29-2005, 01:12 PM
Bugenhagen and Sailor Suit Barret. Don't even TRY and tell me you wouldn't be watching and masturbating furiously.

d£v!l'$ ph0£n!x
09-29-2005, 02:12 PM
Vincent and Tifa (don't know y i just think it)

yuffie and Nanaki (we all know how she likes it :D)

DarkLord
09-29-2005, 03:47 PM
Cloud and Ruby WEAPON.

No stupid answers that'll get the thread closed
oops. nevermind then. lol.

How about... Vincent and Lucrecia because it's mysterious and somewhat tragic.

CloudxTifa just because.

AerisxDeath. Everything was better this way.

CidxShera. Shera is basically Cid's b!+ch

HeideggarxScarlet. Gyahaha and Kyahaha.

SephyxMeteor.

JenovaxHojo. they're both disgusting.

What about Vince? Wait... He's famous for being a loner. Despite the game gap, I think he'd work well with Paine on x-2

LastCetra
09-29-2005, 04:43 PM
Aeris and Cloud forever!!!

I don't mind the Yuffie and Vincent one either.

tifa and vincent are nice too. Soz, but I can't see that woman with Cloud!

Shoden
09-29-2005, 11:55 PM
Vincent x Yuffie sounds good but; maybe Aeris x Vincent

ffxfreak93
09-30-2005, 12:26 AM
QUOTE=* White Aeris *]also..... Aeris and Cloud. [/QUOTE]

i agree with you

http://kuruta.net/radiant/wallpaper/cloud_aeris_wall.jpg

kikimm
09-30-2005, 12:37 AM
Cloud and Tifa, man, come on. THEY'RE PERFECT

G SpOtZ
09-30-2005, 12:38 AM
Bugenhagen and Sailor Suit Barret. Don't even TRY and tell me you wouldn't be watching and masturbating furiously.

:bow:

Cipher
09-30-2005, 12:33 PM
Alright, my thoughts:

Tifa is devoted to Cloud and all, but she usually has no idea how to draw him out of his dark moods. All I've really seen her do (aside from the Lifestream sequence in Mideel) is kind of step out of the way and let him be in a funk. That might work for some people, but in Cloud's case, I think I could see that as a viable problem. Still, with her devotion, she might work out with Cloud.

Aerith seems to be able to handle Cloud a bit better. He responds to people that know when to tell him in a subtle way to get over himself...but then also in the same breath be able to gently let him know that he'll be okay, regardless. Cloud needs that in order to grow as a person.

BUT

On the same token, who exactly would Aerith be falling in love with? We know that Cloud generally behaves like Zack, of whom Aerith originally fell in love with. She sees that in Cloud. So would she still feel something for Cloud once she's able to dig out his real personality (and knowing Aerith, she will do it)? This pairing is questionable too.

On the other hand, BarretxCloudxMuuki...THAT could be interesting...

TheAbominatrix
09-30-2005, 12:38 PM
Tifa's handling of Cloud has changed in Advent Children... and as for the way it was in VII, it was simply because she knew how confused he was and how easily he could break.

Not arguing your opinion of course, merely pointing that out.

As for Aerith's handling, a very good point. But still, I wonder if that would work out for the long term. She seems to be too eager to ignore the problems as opposed to solving them. Sure, telling someone to get over it and that things will work out is a good thing sometimes, but does she have the capability to actually work through the problems when they can no longer be ignored? I wonder.

Cipher
09-30-2005, 12:46 PM
Hmm. Interesting. In Advent Children, I didn't see that big of a difference. She knew Cloud was effectively running away from his problems, and pretty much let him do it until the earth was threatened. Even then, Marlene seems to have had the bigger impact on him changing his ways. At least, that was how I saw it. I could be wrong. :)

With Aerith, I actually saw her being able to make Cloud question himself. Have you ever known someone that could be wise, but appear to be slightly ditzy at the exact same time? It kind of provides someone ego-intensive (like Cloud) as a way to say that he figured everything out "on his own" without actually solving it on his own. She did it in Advent Children.

But would the relationship last? Nah, I don't think so. So we're definitely agreed on that. :D

=Angelus=
09-30-2005, 02:33 PM
On the other hand, BarretxCloudxMuuki...THAT could be interesting...
......... dots... you STILL remember Muuki? *shivers in fear*
have you been thinking of him alot lately :p lol.. jkjk

I vote for this :D

Levian
09-30-2005, 02:51 PM
Brad Pitt and Gwyneth Paltrow

TheAbominatrix
09-30-2005, 03:17 PM
Hmm. Interesting. In Advent Children, I didn't see that big of a difference. She knew Cloud was effectively running away from his problems, and pretty much let him do it until the earth was threatened. Even then, Marlene seems to have had the bigger impact on him changing his ways. At least, that was how I saw it. I could be wrong. :)

As for him living in the church, we of course dont see how she initially handled it, though it was probably best for her to let her do so. Same goes for most everything, in my opinion. I dont see any need to harp on him unless it's absolutely neccesary, and then she took a stand. I guess that's how I'd want to be treated in a relationship, ya know? So personally, I see that as the better treatment of the situation.

As for who had the most impact... really, I think it was a combination of Tifa, Marlene, Aerith, and Vincent. I think if any of those components had been missing, he may not have acted as he did.

With Aerith, I actually saw her being able to make Cloud question himself. Have you ever known someone that could be wise, but appear to be slightly ditzy at the exact same time? It kind of provides someone ego-intensive (like Cloud) as a way to say that he figured everything out "on his own" without actually solving it on his own. She did it in Advent Children.

But would the relationship last? Nah, I don't think so. So we're definitely agreed on that. :D

Good point, but then again I sort of see Tifa like that as well... at least when steering Cloud's memories in the game. But all things considered, my opinion henges as I mentioned above. If someone was handling me as Aerith handled Cloud... I'd probably puinch em xD.

I think as either couple stands, there's no real long-term deal (and I mean that even if Aerith were alive and all). It'd be interesting to see how either couple would progress, given time. Relationships are all about growth, after all. :)

DarkLord
09-30-2005, 04:04 PM
Inter-Jecht-ing (ahh, please, someone shoot me now!) at this point, I think that Vincent would work with Aeris if only because it just looks right somehow. Vince being his confident LoneWolf self, with Aeris always just behind him. when someone tries to kill them, she just hides behind him and uses cure lots. Genius, I made that tactic up as I went along but it might work.
Also I've just found that this is my most popular thread, for now.

Skyblade
09-30-2005, 05:28 PM
Inter-Jecht-ing (ahh, please, someone shoot me now!) at this point, I think that Vincent would work with Aeris if only because it just looks right somehow. Vince being his confident LoneWolf self, with Aeris always just behind him. when someone tries to kill them, she just hides behind him and uses cure lots. Genius, I made that tactic up as I went along but it might work.

*Shoots DarkLord*

You did ask. And that was a terrible pun.

Light Mage
09-30-2005, 08:26 PM
Aeris and Nanaki. They have loads in common as well.

Daryl
09-30-2005, 10:25 PM
Barret and Cloud-in-a-dress.

=Angelus=
10-01-2005, 05:13 AM
why not the sailor suit? and with or without mukki :p

DJZen
10-01-2005, 07:03 AM
HeideggarxScarlet.

That's not cool! Don't be that way!

Ceil
10-01-2005, 07:30 AM
Marlene and Denzel ^_^

...what? Advent Children is FFVII too :D

Light Mage
10-01-2005, 12:49 PM
Shera and Hojo. (Human Hojo not Mojo Hojo, cos that would just be TOO creepy!)

Holy_Aeris
10-01-2005, 12:50 PM
Cloud and Aeris!!! Like, before she died :(

Light Mage
10-01-2005, 01:01 PM
Cloud and Aeris.

...after she died.

The perfect date for the 4th Annual Ex-SOLDIER Hallowe'en party!

Winter Nights
10-01-2005, 06:54 PM
Cloud and Aeris.

...after she died.

That's so disturbing, I'm kinda turned on.

What? :(

KoShiatar
10-01-2005, 09:46 PM
Scarlet and Don Corneo. You know she's just the knid of girl that he loves best.

HanaKirei
10-01-2005, 10:54 PM
Vincent x Yuffie
Cid x Shera

And of course, my own true pairing... Dio x Cloud! :love:

No, seriously, Cloud x Aeris has been one of my favorite FFVII pairings from the first playthrough. But while I've never been outright opposed to Cloud x Tifa (since I figured it was bound to happen someday, seeing as Aeris being dead and all sort of detracts from a long term relationship), Advent Children was enough to make the pairing grow on me a bit. I've gone from tolerating it to liking it -- don't quite have the same fondness for it as I do for Cloud x Aeris, and more than likely never will, but it's a step in the right direction at least. Zack x Aeris is another pairing that took a jump upwards on my ranking list thanks to that movie, even moreso than Cloud x Tifa did.

One_WinGed_d3mon
10-02-2005, 08:10 AM
Cloud+Tifa
Aeris+Zack
Yuffie+Vincent
Cid+shera
Sephiroth+jenova
Elena+Tseng

Rinoa_Heartillly
10-02-2005, 11:35 AM
Cloud and Aeris
Yuffie and Vincent, that'll be fun to watch.

xX.Silver.Wings.Xx
10-02-2005, 01:42 PM
Aeris and Vincent,
Tifa and Cloud,
Barret and Yuffie.
Cait Sith.........M or F?

xX.Silver.Wings.Xx
10-02-2005, 01:43 PM
Cloud and Aeris.

...after she died.

You Really need to get out more...

DarkLord
10-04-2005, 03:59 PM

*Shoots DarkLord*

You did ask. And that was a terrible pun.
Thanks, I really needed that.

Come on everyone, were nearly on page three.

princess_yunie_10
10-06-2005, 12:29 AM
Cloud and Aeris!!! Like, before she died :(I agree. :)

Winter Nights
10-06-2005, 12:31 AM
Cloud and Aeris.

...after she died.

:( :( :( :( :(

Reles
10-06-2005, 12:45 AM
I think I like them all as friends. Except I do like the Shera and Cid combination. :)

G SpOtZ
10-06-2005, 12:58 AM
Cloud and Aeris.

...after she died.

's okay AR, some people don't know how to take a joke lol

Winter Nights
10-06-2005, 01:05 AM
Cloud and Aeris.

...after she died.

Now the kicker is... What if I was serious? :p

Cipher
10-06-2005, 05:45 AM
MuukixDioxMidgar ZolomxChoco Billy.

pwn.

=Angelus=
10-06-2005, 10:54 AM
[!]

Cloud and Aeris.

...after she died.

:riiight:[/!]Abusing the Quote pyramids is not a good thiing. ~ Leeza

Light Mage
10-06-2005, 11:40 AM
Enough talking - we need fanart of Cloud and Zombie-Aeris!

*wishes he could draw*

Hugomand
10-06-2005, 02:47 PM
Hi, I'm new to this forum, and it looks cool so far ^_^

The love story in FFVII is one of the things that makes me think that it's the best FF game of them all.

It's a difficult question, but as Cloud's mother said, Cloud need someone older then him to take care of him, so that's why I think Aeris and Cloud are the perfect couple.

I don't think Cloud have so strong feelings for Tifa, but Tifa does for him. Cloud doesn't trust people so much, and he takes great distance. I got kinda irritated in Advent Children, that he doesn't repeat Tifa's feelings, but that's just the way of Cloud, and that's what we like about him, right? hehe :)

-Hugomand :eek:

DarkLord
10-06-2005, 03:39 PM
Welcome to the forum Hugomand :D

Hugomand
10-06-2005, 03:43 PM
Welcome to the forum Hugomand :D

Thank you :D , but shouldn't we stay on topic :p

Azuriell
10-06-2005, 08:05 PM
Yuffie, Tifa AND Aerith

Or CC and Red XIII A.K.A Nanaki ^^

DarkLord
10-07-2005, 03:45 PM
Cloud and Aeris.

...after she died.

Then I'd say that your a Necrophiliac, yeah?
No insult meant, I mean, I know someone who's a Nekophiliac (They 'like' people who act like or think like a cat).

Light Mage
10-07-2005, 05:04 PM
Better than being Necrophallic.

*shudders*

DarkLord
10-11-2005, 04:01 PM
I dunno, ever seen somebody gettin' it on with a cat, it's really disturbing, especially if you know them, and it's yur cat... And their both male... Wait! Worst yet! What if someone were both?
*shudders*
anyway, bit off topic there.

Sephiroths Son
10-11-2005, 04:05 PM
*Shudders*

DarkLord
10-11-2005, 04:06 PM
For once I agree with you SS

TurkSlayer
10-11-2005, 06:38 PM
Aeris and Tifa lol.

Definately.

Yuffie, Tifa AND Aerith

Even better.

I don't know, I thought the Nanaki+Aeris thing Hojo set up could have worked out if they had given it more time. :D

Dinnova
10-12-2005, 03:37 AM
Even better.

I don't know, I thought the Nanaki+Aeris thing Hojo set up could have worked out if they had given it more time. :D
Puff!! lol

Cloud and Zombie Aeris would definitely add a morbid twist to the game as a couple. I wouldn't no to laugh or be disgusted..
Be prety funny to see Aeris as a zombie with psone graphics.

Now by Zombie Aeris do you mean walking brain eating zombie, or decompo.. :barf:

MoonliteAssassin
10-12-2005, 07:11 AM
Sorry if this has been said but I'm new, and I overanalyze things, but I chose the pairing Cloud X Tifa because they work out the best, and actually my friends Aeris is younger than Cloud, but he refers to her as Okaa-san in Advent Children which means mom, and Aeris interjects that this wasn't the first time that he said this, and that she wouldn't want a big kid like him. (Neither would I actually O.O;;;;) But Cloud sees her as a sister-like figure, if not a maternal figure and that love though unrequited, is not romantic in the sense that Cloud and Tifa have.

When Cloud and Tifa falls into the lifestream in Mideel, shortly after Cloud is what seems like Mako Poisoned forever, Tifa explores Cloud's insane mind, to free the real Cloud inside. In Cloud's mind, the truth behind everything is Cloud had strong feelings for Tifa. It isn't that Cloud wasn't fond of Aeris, but truthfully I believe that Zach loved Aeris and since Cloud created a memory or delusion of himself by using Zach's life, part of Cloud believed that he loved Aeris. Perhaps he (Cloud) did love Aeris like a sister or a companion, but at the end of the 2nd disk it reveals who Cloud really had eyes for.

after paying close attention through the whole game, my theory is (most) likely true. We all do remember how Cloud had mixed memories about Nibelheim 5 years ago, right? (Ahem, for those of you not at this part yet then of course you wouldn't understand any of this.) Well, seems like Cloud joined SOLDIER to impress Tifa, but it seems he didn't make it! He was embarressed and kept to himself through the whole mission, but the point remains he tried for Tifa. Not Aeris. Cloud stabbed Sephiroth at the reactor 5 years ago when he hurt Tifa, he risked his life and unveiled his true self for Tifa. Not for Aeris. He came to protect Tifa. Even if it was 5 years since then, I believe it didn't change. (Certainly wouldn't have for Aeris, right? Because he was playing on Zach's life)

Here another part that makes you believe why Cloud does, or should love Tifa. Like I said before, Tifa freed Cloud's mind while in the lifestream, Cloud revealed the many thoughts he had, most of them to do with Tifa, and the incident at Nibelheim. Tifa had hung out of three other boys when she was young, and Cloud had envied them, and when Tifa went to Mt. Nibel, Cloud tried to save her when she fell over the cliff. (Shows how ya never know?) It also reveals how Cloud thought Tifa hated him, how he wanted her attention. (Tifa's always saving Cloud's ass, this part I didn't get.) Again, not Aeris. The lifestream shows how Cloud had deep affection for Tifa, and although the arrival of Aeris slowed it, I'm positive, and believe me, didn't destroy it.

Again, I have more goodies for the Tifa fans, (who again didn't finish the game) about why again Cloud wouldn't love Aeris romantically. Aeris may have been attractive, even charming, but one reason remains to be dealt with, Aeris wasn't around as long as Tifa was. Once again about the lifestream, I do believe Cloud's Zach mix-up was what drew him to Aeris, because after Tifa freed him, he seemed to talk alot less about his feelings toward her, if he even did. That was also what drew Aeris to him, as well. Tifa also proved how her feelings were towards him, especially when Cloud seems disabled for life when he Mako Poisoned, Tifa says she doesn't care about anything but Cloud, and pledges her life to taking care of him. (That so... Beautiful! *pulls out a hanky*)
Cloud was with Tifa since childhood, he made the promise with her, and the deep affection he shows towards her at the end of disk 2 proves thier destiny. Speaking of destiny, if you defeated the demon gate at the Temple of the Ancients, and recieved Cait Sith's fortune about Cloud and Aeris destiny, then perhaps like Cait Sith's other fortunes, this one wasn't meant to be. (Only one did, Aeris death.)

Now about the end of disk 2. If you an Aeris fan who are reading this didn't get to the end of disk 2, don't feel discouraged after reading this and screw the game, sometimes when I tend to not get my way to do that, just don't you! (Spoiled Brat?) :) Now, anyways, down to it. At the end of disk two, Cloud sends everyone off to find thier reason for saving the planet, (Excuse for time alone with Tifa, maybe?) and when everyone leaves, (except Cloud and Tifa, duh) They sit outside the Highwind and pour out thier emotions. (This part made me smile, dunno why) Tifa and Cloud both tell eachother how in their darkest moments they could hear eachother calling out, Cloud says he's wanted to tell Tifa so much, but when they're alone can't think of anything. (Awww) Then Tifa says (Important! LISSEN) "Cloud... Words aren't the only thing that tell people what you're thinking..." Then the camera zooms to the sky and night falls. (No, they don't do what you think... Or do they? :o) It's dawn, and Tifa wakes right next to Cloud, and they were gonna leave to find others... but decide this may be the last time they have time alone together. (Another love proving sentence :P) That's not the last time they do anything lovey-dovey I know, but this is excluding Advent Children.

In Advent children it is revealed that Cloud has great Guilt over Aeris's death. This is often thought by Cloud X Aeris fans as him harboring feelings for her, but in the movie it clearly shows that he just feels like he was responsable. He was feeling survivor's guilt like anyone would feel over losing their maternal friend or sister.

Another thing often accused by Cloud X Aeris fans is that their polar opposite personalities work together, because they are opposites. This is not a fact because the truth is what drew Aeris and Cloud together in the first place was Zach, Cloud's best friend. Cloud's attitude depending on how you use it in the game can rely on choices. I for one, never ended up with Aeris on the date, because they didn't really get along. Cloud was too moody.

Tifa was the only one devoted enough to accept him for who he was, she never entered the relationship with false expectations from Cloud, and he relays his affection for her in turn slowly(because he's afraid of rejection) , but he opens up. Aeris entered the relationship expecting Cloud to be like her first boyfriend Zach, and only then long afterwards was she ever interested in who he really was.This is what dampered me from Supporting Cloud X Aeris, but Aeris really was coping with the loss of her previous boyfriend, so I don't blame her entirely. But the fact that Aeris is currently dead, and now with the boyfriend she loved and the man she saw in Cloud, I see she has gotten some form of peace. so I think we leave her alone, she wanted Cloud to live happily anyway, not to die alone.

I don't dislike Aeris, nor do I dislike the components of her character as much as it is assumed, but I do recognise the fact that the relationship between Cloud and Tifa is a stronger and more romantically involved relationship.

DJZen
10-12-2005, 08:34 AM
Why is this even a discussion anymore? We all know it's me and Heidegger, period.

Winter Nights
10-12-2005, 08:48 AM
Sorry if this has been said but I'm new, and I overanalyze things, but I chose the pairing Cloud X Tifa because they work out the best, and actually my friends Aeris is younger than Cloud, but he refers to her as Okaa-san in Advent Children which means mom, and Aeris interjects that this wasn't the first time that he said this, and that she wouldn't want a big kid like him. (Neither would I actually O.O;;;;) But Cloud sees her as a sister-like figure, if not a maternal figure and that love though unrequited, is not romantic in the sense that Cloud and Tifa have.

When Cloud and Tifa falls into the lifestream in Mideel, shortly after Cloud is what seems like Mako Poisoned forever, Tifa explores Cloud's insane mind, to free the real Cloud inside. In Cloud's mind, the truth behind everything is Cloud had strong feelings for Tifa. It isn't that Cloud wasn't fond of Aeris, but truthfully I believe that Zach loved Aeris and since Cloud created a memory or delusion of himself by using Zach's life, part of Cloud believed that he loved Aeris. Perhaps he (Cloud) did love Aeris like a sister or a companion, but at the end of the 2nd disk it reveals who Cloud really had eyes for.

after paying close attention through the whole game, my theory is (most) likely true. We all do remember how Cloud had mixed memories about Nibelheim 5 years ago, right? (Ahem, for those of you not at this part yet then of course you wouldn't understand any of this.) Well, seems like Cloud joined SOLDIER to impress Tifa, but it seems he didn't make it! He was embarressed and kept to himself through the whole mission, but the point remains he tried for Tifa. Not Aeris. Cloud stabbed Sephiroth at the reactor 5 years ago when he hurt Tifa, he risked his life and unveiled his true self for Tifa. Not for Aeris. He came to protect Tifa. Even if it was 5 years since then, I believe it didn't change. (Certainly wouldn't have for Aeris, right? Because he was playing on Zach's life)

Here another part that makes you believe why Cloud does, or should love Tifa. Like I said before, Tifa freed Cloud's mind while in the lifestream, Cloud revealed the many thoughts he had, most of them to do with Tifa, and the incident at Nibelheim. Tifa had hung out of three other boys when she was young, and Cloud had envied them, and when Tifa went to Mt. Nibel, Cloud tried to save her when she fell over the cliff. (Shows how ya never know?) It also reveals how Cloud thought Tifa hated him, how he wanted her attention. (Tifa's always saving Cloud's ass, this part I didn't get.) Again, not Aeris. The lifestream shows how Cloud had deep affection for Tifa, and although the arrival of Aeris slowed it, I'm positive, and believe me, didn't destroy it.

Again, I have more goodies for the Tifa fans, (who again didn't finish the game) about why again Cloud wouldn't love Aeris romantically. Aeris may have been attractive, even charming, but one reason remains to be dealt with, Aeris wasn't around as long as Tifa was. Once again about the lifestream, I do believe Cloud's Zach mix-up was what drew him to Aeris, because after Tifa freed him, he seemed to talk alot less about his feelings toward her, if he even did. That was also what drew Aeris to him, as well. Tifa also proved how her feelings were towards him, especially when Cloud seems disabled for life when he Mako Poisoned, Tifa says she doesn't care about anything but Cloud, and pledges her life to taking care of him. (That so... Beautiful! *pulls out a hanky*)
Cloud was with Tifa since childhood, he made the promise with her, and the deep affection he shows towards her at the end of disk 2 proves thier destiny. Speaking of destiny, if you defeated the demon gate at the Temple of the Ancients, and recieved Cait Sith's fortune about Cloud and Aeris destiny, then perhaps like Cait Sith's other fortunes, this one wasn't meant to be. (Only one did, Aeris death.)

Now about the end of disk 2. If you an Aeris fan who are reading this didn't get to the end of disk 2, don't feel discouraged after reading this and screw the game, sometimes when I tend to not get my way to do that, just don't you! (Spoiled Brat?) :) Now, anyways, down to it. At the end of disk two, Cloud sends everyone off to find thier reason for saving the planet, (Excuse for time alone with Tifa, maybe?) and when everyone leaves, (except Cloud and Tifa, duh) They sit outside the Highwind and pour out thier emotions. (This part made me smile, dunno why) Tifa and Cloud both tell eachother how in their darkest moments they could hear eachother calling out, Cloud says he's wanted to tell Tifa so much, but when they're alone can't think of anything. (Awww) Then Tifa says (Important! LISSEN) "Cloud... Words aren't the only thing that tell people what you're thinking..." Then the camera zooms to the sky and night falls. (No, they don't do what you think... Or do they? :o) It's dawn, and Tifa wakes right next to Cloud, and they were gonna leave to find others... but decide this may be the last time they have time alone together. (Another love proving sentence :P) That's not the last time they do anything lovey-dovey I know, but this is excluding Advent Children.

In Advent children it is revealed that Cloud has great Guilt over Aeris's death. This is often thought by Cloud X Aeris fans as him harboring feelings for her, but in the movie it clearly shows that he just feels like he was responsable. He was feeling survivor's guilt like anyone would feel over losing their maternal friend or sister.

Another thing often accused by Cloud X Aeris fans is that their polar opposite personalities work together, because they are opposites. This is not a fact because the truth is what drew Aeris and Cloud together in the first place was Zach, Cloud's best friend. Cloud's attitude depending on how you use it in the game can rely on choices. I for one, never ended up with Aeris on the date, because they didn't really get along. Cloud was too moody.

Tifa was the only one devoted enough to accept him for who he was, she never entered the relationship with false expectations from Cloud, and he relays his affection for her in turn slowly(because he's afraid of rejection) , but he opens up. Aeris entered the relationship expecting Cloud to be like her first boyfriend Zach, and only then long afterwards was she ever interested in who he really was.This is what dampered me from Supporting Cloud X Aeris, but Aeris really was coping with the loss of her previous boyfriend, so I don't blame her entirely. But the fact that Aeris is currently dead, and now with the boyfriend she loved and the man she saw in Cloud, I see she has gotten some form of peace. so I think we leave her alone, she wanted Cloud to live happily anyway, not to die alone.

I don't dislike Aeris, nor do I dislike the components of her character as much as it is assumed, but I do recognise the fact that the relationship between Cloud and Tifa is a stronger and more romantically involved relationship.
All I have to say is... Wow. Damn you for making me have to read that much. xD

Light Mage
10-12-2005, 03:18 PM
The only problem with Zombie-Aeris would be that every time she uses a Limit Break she kills herself... :'(

MoonliteAssassin
10-14-2005, 12:38 AM
Sooo sorry :)

G SpOtZ
10-14-2005, 01:12 AM
The only problem with Zombie-Aeris would be that every time she uses a Limit Break she kills herself... :'(
even better, she can just die again.

aeris sux.

RiTaPuffy
10-14-2005, 01:23 AM
Yuffie and Cloud! LOL

Notice you can date Yuffie in Gold Sauces, Yuffie had a crash on Cloud and kisses him, but she smacks him afterward because he is so cold to her lol

Yuffie: "Well... SAY SOMETHING!"
Cloud: ".......................Something.."
:smack:

:love:

Dont know if you miss anything, Cloud and Tifa both have a red ribbon on their arms, that makes them a couple already.
(Hmm, maybe sex relationship too mew! XD)

Do not double post. Use the edit/delete button. ~ Leeza

Winter Nights
10-14-2005, 01:42 AM
Actually, the entire main group has that ribbon. it's supposed to signify that they remember Aerith.

RiTaPuffy
10-14-2005, 02:07 AM
REAllyy?? Let me see lol

Hellza
10-14-2005, 02:38 AM
jessie and cloud
tseng and elena
rude and tifa
hojo and jenova
yuffie and cloud would be nice too :P

RiTaPuffy
10-14-2005, 08:28 PM
jessie and cloud
tseng and elena
rude and tifa
hojo and jenova
yuffie and cloud would be nice too :P
HOJO AND JENOVA LOL?

MoonliteAssassin
10-15-2005, 05:44 AM
Why not? it is as fun as Profesor Gast and Ilfana...which is a legitimate coupling.

Neco Arc
10-15-2005, 11:06 AM
Hi guys. I new here. Anyways...

Sorry if this has been said but I'm new, and I overanalyze things, but I chose the pairing Cloud X Tifa because they work out the best, and actually my friends Aeris is younger than Cloud, but he refers to her as Okaa-san in Advent Children which means mom, and Aeris interjects that this wasn't the first time that he said this, and that she wouldn't want a big kid like him. (Neither would I actually O.O;;; But Cloud sees her as a sister-like figure, if not a maternal figure and that love though unrequited, is not romantic in the sense that Cloud and Tifa have.
emm... Aeris is older than Cloud by a year. I have the PC version and the FF7 User's manual says that

Cloud is 21
Aeris is 22
Tifa is 20
Barret is 35
Red XIII (Nanaki) is 48 human years. 16 in maturity - explained by Bugenhagen
Cid is 32
Sephiroth is who knows. Possibly around 20 to 30 something.
Yuffie is 16
Cait Sith is who knows. Same age as Reeve.
Vincent's form is 27 but he is a lot older. possibly twice the age of sephiroth...Hojo messed him up a lot.

etc....

GunbladeMaster
10-15-2005, 11:46 AM
sephiroth=30
vincent=57

Swordicanus
10-16-2005, 12:00 AM
Aeris and Tifa .mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm ;)

G SpOtZ
10-16-2005, 12:03 AM
tifa and yuffie. aeris can sit in the corner alone.

Neco Arc
10-16-2005, 03:36 AM
best couple?
hmm... Scarlet and Heidegger and palmer and rufus and president shinra and reeve.
Ruby and emerald
good chocobo and great chocobo
blue and green chocobo
black and wonderful chocobo

and of course

tifa and cloud
aeris and zack
cid and shera
barret and late wife
vincent and lucretia (who knows... throw hojo in there if you like)
prof. gast and ilfana
elmyra and late husband
zacks parents
late dyne and late wife (dont remember name)
Marlene and Denzel: Advent Children
nanaki/red xiii and a female member of same species?
Tifa and rude
reno and aeris
mukki and cloud
dio and cloud?
yuffie and materia
late Seto and late wife
hojo and a bunch of bikini girls
johnny and someone
etc...etc....

RiTaPuffy
10-16-2005, 09:05 PM
tifa and yuffie. aeris can sit in the corner alone.
Ahem...

TurkSlayer
10-17-2005, 02:23 AM
Time for more couples. Still like Aeris+Nanaki. Tifa's okay, but I like Yuffie+Cloud. My old friend Mr. Valentine can have Tifa. Cait Sith and Barret were born for one another. Hojo and Jenova... Prepare for some crazy action between this psychotic doc and a 2000 year old alien.

Yliette
10-17-2005, 10:05 AM
I believe it is only logical to conclude that Aeris will end up with Zack since they're both dead and coalesced with the Lifestream. 'Sides, Zack is Aeris's first love! It's evident in Advent Children.

Cloud Lionheart
10-17-2005, 02:48 PM
Go Jeddon!!! four pages, and youve been on like 5 mins,,, woooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooop

DarkLord
10-20-2005, 03:52 PM
Shut up SHut up Shut up! Stop calling me that here. Craig!
Sorry about this folks, but... Bar room brawl at CRAIG's house in fifteen minutes, Right, CL

raskerino
10-20-2005, 11:24 PM
After the ginormous post by Moonlite Shadow Ithought I'd interject with something...

First off I think Aeris was a jerk (see the why does everyone hat Aeris thread), so I definitely think Cloud and Tifa are a better pair. Definitely from Game+AC info. However the way they developed in "On the way to a smile" was a kind of troubled relationship. Not including that I think they work fine but the connection their was somewhat unhappy. I also don't think they shared enough in common to really be able to live tigether with the relationship they have there. If it changed it could work and it might but I felt it didn't work too well, and that a closer relationship then friends might not work. Then I thought about it a little and decided I couldn't see them not being part of a family either. I think their relationship needs to get better though.

TheAbominatrix
10-20-2005, 11:28 PM
From On the Way to a Smile and Case of Tifa, it seems Cloud and Tifa are getting along very well (though Cloud never does any abrupt change like Squall and pours out his feelings) until the package from Aerith's mom shows up. Then Cloud starts up on the guilt trip again and withdraws.

With Cloud finally letting go of his guilt, I think they'd be perfect together.

TurkSlayer
10-22-2005, 01:09 AM
I'd still say that Cloud and Yuffie are the best.

MysticD
10-23-2005, 07:45 AM
Barret and Cloud

Tifa and Aeris

Vincent and Red XIII

Hojo and Sephiroth

Jenova and Bahamhut

Reeve and Cait cith

Reno and Rude

Cid and the wall

Dinnova
10-23-2005, 05:21 PM
Hojo and Sephiroth

lol, thats his son.:p

Sergeant Hartman
10-24-2005, 11:02 PM
Zack and Red. No wait Jenova and Emerald Weapon and Cait Sith for 3-way action.

zo-sama
10-25-2005, 12:51 AM
There's only one kanon pair. Aeris and Zack! Yay! The rest of the couples are just opinion.

Shiny
10-25-2005, 02:25 AM
Hmm, this thread needs even more sarcasm and fangirl/boy hate. So, here it is: I think there should be an orgy with thunder materia, Cloud should be the ring-leader, an un-dead Aeris and Yuffie join at the same time, then Sephiroth comes in because he's tEh sexxi 1111! And then Barret comes in, then Tifa with her boobs, and a chocobo joins and and then then...

Light Mage
10-25-2005, 12:42 PM
Yay! Undead Aeris!

And a Chocobo for some hardcore zombie/bestiality action...? 0.o

Dinnova
10-25-2005, 05:00 PM
omg lol

GunbladeMaster
10-25-2005, 05:06 PM
Hmm, this thread needs even more sarcasm and fangirl/boy hate. So, here it is: I think there should be an orgy with thunder materia, Cloud should be the ring-leader, an un-dead Aeris and Yuffie join at the same time, then Sephiroth comes in because he's tEh sexxi 1111! And then Barret comes in, then Tifa with her boobs, and a chocobo joins and and then then...

u r a straaaaaaaange girl
but then again im a straaaaaaaaaaange guy :cool:

can i call u Strange_Greiver?
JUST KIDDING:D ;)

DarkLord
11-11-2005, 03:49 PM
I think that you and Shiny_Griever would make a great couple Gunblade

GunbladeMaster
11-11-2005, 04:51 PM
o_O
dont tell her that :shifty:

Erdrick Holmes
11-11-2005, 05:24 PM
Aeris and Tifa

GunbladeMaster
11-11-2005, 05:25 PM
Me, myself, and Gunblademaster

Shiny
11-11-2005, 06:29 PM
I think that you and Shiny_Griever would make a great couple Gunblade
:eek: WTF DID YOU SAY?! :sweat: :yuck:

GunbladeMaster
11-11-2005, 06:37 PM
op!
the secrets out
SCATTER!
>----------->:mario:>----------->----------->

Shaun
11-12-2005, 03:03 PM
Cait Sith and Yuffie. No doubt about it. :D

Sephitachi7
11-13-2005, 08:24 AM
Cloud and Aeris
Cid and Shera
Prof. Gast and Ifalna

What's with the gay matching? I don't think Cloud was gay, and for that matter Tifa or Aeris or Yuffie, so I don't really think that will work out, now if that's your fantasy.. that's something different and you need a girlfriend/boyfriend.

EDIT: Oh and some people said Aeris and Red XIII? Man, people have issues... those are probably the type of people who would do it with their dog or something. Sick... Even if it's a joke... just messed up...

Dinnova
11-13-2005, 06:06 PM
Cloud and Aeris
EDIT: Oh and some people said Aeris and Red XIII? Man, people have issues... those are probably the type of people who would do it with their dog or something. Sick... Even if it's a joke... just messed up...
Its just funny because it almost accualy happened in the game:laugh:

but i agree that its just wronged

Neco Arc
11-14-2005, 07:46 AM
jessie and biggs...

GunbladeMaster
11-14-2005, 03:32 PM
biggs and jessie...

Sephitachi7
11-14-2005, 10:10 PM
Well Hojo wanted it to happen, but Red XIII did not want to, so it didn't almost happen. Funny though, in a sick kind of way...

DarkLord
12-02-2005, 04:08 PM
This is getting weird, so now I must say... Rude and Reno... Dear god, what have I said?!

Light Mage
12-02-2005, 05:24 PM
This is getting weird, so now I must say... Rude and Reno... Dear god, what have I said?!
...*clears throat*

I WANT RUDE/AERIS HENTAI. :love:

I'll pay... in cookies.

Anniexo
12-02-2005, 08:02 PM
i think RENO AND AERIS would be good but that's only what i think

Light Mage
12-02-2005, 08:04 PM
Oh my... I just had a strange mind-flash image of something about Reno, something very personal and rated PG-13.

Is bright red Reno's natural hair colour...?

Sephitachi7
12-05-2005, 07:36 PM
huh?

Cloud#1
12-06-2005, 02:19 AM
I thought when i started the game that Cloud and Tifa would like each other

Sephitachi7
12-06-2005, 03:07 AM
Aeris and Cloud...

DarkLord
12-08-2005, 03:54 PM
Don Corneo and himself, his ego's so big you could suffocate in it and he only really loves himself anyway. Plus Cloud Aeris and Tifa threaghtened to 'rip it off' At which point lol.

Fatihin_Malaysia_Girl
12-17-2005, 06:53 AM
Cloud have two loves,Tifa and Aeris
But I choose Cloud with Tifa and Aeris;)

Relena
12-17-2005, 07:53 PM
Cloud and Tifa
Zack and Aeris

Fatihin_Malaysia_Girl
12-18-2005, 02:17 AM
Cloud and Tifa are really cute couple,but Cloud love Aeris too:rolleyes2

Lord Xehanort
12-18-2005, 02:36 AM
The answer is Cloud and Vincent.

chronic_Maniac
12-19-2005, 11:13 PM
Red 13 and aeris it was gonna happen....

DarkLord
12-20-2005, 02:28 PM
Hojo and Lucrecia... Without that then Vincent wouldn't have the past that made him who he was, he wouldn't have been put into a coma and would have been 57! Or dead!

Lord Magician
12-20-2005, 03:44 PM
Cloud, Tifa, and Aeris in a three way. Lucky bastard.http://members.fortunecity.com/butterflysedge/ff7anigifs/Cloud.gif http://members.fortunecity.com/butterflysedge/ff7anigifs/Aeris.gif http://members.fortunecity.com/butterflysedge/ff7anigifs/tifa-large.gif

Ansem/Sephy
12-23-2005, 10:35 PM
This is tough . . . I was depressed when Aerith died, a lot. And right before that, the game seemed to be focussing on their relationship over all (obviously to get you all sad when she died [it worked]), but I really liked the whole Cloud/Tifa thing too . . . and right after Aerith died, Tifa and Cloud were all lovey-dovey, so I think the game likes to switch, but the sad part is knowing that Cloud an Aerith can't be, anymore, unless he rejects Tifa and waits to die . . . but he'd have to have a pretty strong will to reject Tifa, I guess . . .

Neco Arc
12-25-2005, 12:50 PM
barret and Myrna

SummonerYuna
12-25-2005, 04:31 PM
I don't think Cloud really likes Tifa. He just
wants to make her happy. I think he really
loves Aerith. Though I'm not sure. lol!!:D

But, Aeris and Vincent together would be awsome!

DarkLord
01-13-2006, 03:42 PM
Jenova and the Midgar zolom, lol. Anyone else think Aeris and Vincent just works so great.

Cloud Lionheart
01-15-2006, 01:21 PM
Jedon, u STUPID!!!!! alough, da midgar zolem is FIT!!! i reckon Jenova and the Proud clod would go down better though :) xxx

hollieholliehollie
01-16-2006, 06:13 PM
Cloud+Tifa
Aeris+Zack
Yuffie+Vincent
Cid+shera
Sephiroth+jenova
Elena+Tseng

i agree with this mostly

Shadow The Red XIII Thing
01-17-2006, 02:35 AM
Vincent x Yuffie
Cait Sith x Elena
As much as I loathe cait we all know that once you go cat you never go
back, right Xehahort.
That was a shot:shoot:
Jus playin or maybe I wasnt the world will never know

DarkLord
01-17-2006, 03:31 PM
Rude and Tifa. Then ruby weapon comes onto the scene and you knoe it'll be fun...

Hay wait, what happened to no 'stupid answers that'll get the thread closed'... Aah, who cares.

scooby
01-20-2006, 06:33 PM
Cloud "Bubby" Strife and Mukki

They went further than anyone else in the game....

I'm quite obsessed with the idea of Cloud and Mukki. It's interesting, because I usually like strictly het. couples.... No - scratch that - I usually like strictly canon couples, and most yaoi tends to be purely wishful thinking. The great thing about Cloud and Mukki is that they're actually canon. They get it on. Right under the noses of the censors and most of the fans. It seems that the majority of people avoided the Honeybee like the plague, and those few who did venture in there are in denial about what happened in there. Basically: if you go in there, the "hero", the "badass", Mr. Cloud Strife himself, gets gang-banged by a bunch of gay perverts. It's too deliciously perverse to be true.

That's why I love FFVII: it's the kinkiest game of all time. There is some real filth in that game. And some frankly bizarre, off the wall humour e.g. "You look like a bear wearing a marshmallow". All that posing as a mainstream game.... The best thing is that it's fan base of millions is mostly unaware of the perversity.

Just think about some of the content:

Brothels and prostitution (Honeybee Inn)
Pimps (Don Corneo)
Interspecies Breeding/Bestiality (Aerith and Red XIII)
Cross-dressing (Cloud)
Rape (Cloud and Mukki)
Murder (Aerith)
Gay orgies (Cloud, Mukki and co.)
The word "Daddy" used in a sexual context ("whatever you want, Daddy!", "Why don't you stick around and play a bit? Daddy's so lonely...")

Not to mention that the main character is a total basket case who suffers from amnesia and schizophrenia; has a severe superiority complex and has developed an inferiority complex about it; is delusional, and has been pretending to be somebody else for ages; has frequent blackouts and periods of unconsciousness that render him completely defenceless and at the mercy of others; seems to be sexually confused and is likely, depending on your view, a rape victim.

It's really very hard for Cloud to measure up to his mythic status; there is a huge division between the man and the myth. In reality, he's mentally ill; he suffers from almost every kind of psychosis under the sun. That's why I laugh when FFVII fan boys rant on about how "badass" he is. Please. Cloud is a hot piece of ass, he takes it up the ass, and Mukki likes his ass, but he is so not "badass"!

Wow.... I've wandered pretty far off topic.... This post has become a sort of mini-essay on Cloud's psychoses.... Um, yeah....

If this post makes it seem as though I don't like Cloud, then that couldn't be farther from the truth. I love Cloud (in all of his messed-up eccentricity), and I love Clukki (Cloud/Mukki). I think I'm going to make it my duty to tell everyone about Clukki.... Spread the love!

P.S. Are there any fellow Clukki fans on these forums? Maybe I should start a fanlisting - "Cloud and Mukki: Tainted Love"?

Edited to add: would this be considered a "stupid" answer?

YTDN
01-21-2006, 04:16 PM
I say
Tifa and Rude
Cloud and Yuffie
Sephiroth and Zombie Aeris :eek:
Barret and Scarlet
Cid and Shera
Red XIII and... er.... I dunno
Reno and Elena
Tseng and Reeve :jokey:
Vincent and Lucrecia
And Hojo and Jenova

hollieholliehollie
01-22-2006, 04:25 PM
Cloud "Bubby" Strife and Mukki

They went further than anyone else in the game....

I'm quite obsessed with the idea of Cloud and Mukki. It's interesting, because I usually like strictly het. couples.... No - scratch that - I usually like strictly canon couples, and most yaoi tends to be purely wishful thinking. The great thing about Cloud and Mukki is that they're actually canon. They get it on. Right under the noses of the censors and most of the fans. It seems that the majority of people avoided the Honeybee like the plague, and those few who did venture in there are in denial about what happened in there. Basically: if you go in there, the "hero", the "badass", Mr. Cloud Strife himself, gets gang-banged by a bunch of gay perverts. It's too deliciously perverse to be true.

That's why I love FFVII: it's the kinkiest game of all time. There is some real filth in that game. And some frankly bizarre, off the wall humour e.g. "You look like a bear wearing a marshmallow". All that posing as a mainstream game.... The best thing is that it's fan base of millions is mostly unaware of the perversity.

Just think about some of the content:

Brothels and prostitution (Honeybee Inn)
Pimps (Don Corneo)
Interspecies Breeding/Bestiality (Aerith and Red XIII)
Cross-dressing (Cloud)
Rape (Cloud and Mukki)
Murder (Aerith)
Gay orgies (Cloud, Mukki and co.)
The word "Daddy" used in a sexual context ("whatever you want, Daddy!", "Why don't you stick around and play a bit? Daddy's so lonely...")

Not to mention that the main character is a total basket case who suffers from amnesia and schizophrenia; has a severe superiority complex and has developed an inferiority complex about it; is delusional, and has been pretending to be somebody else for ages; has frequent blackouts and periods of unconsciousness that render him completely defenceless and at the mercy of others; seems to be sexually confused and is likely, depending on your view, a rape victim.

It's really very hard for Cloud to measure up to his mythic status; there is a huge division between the man and the myth. In reality, he's mentally ill; he suffers from almost every kind of psychosis under the sun. That's why I laugh when FFVII fan boys rant on about how "badass" he is. Please. Cloud is a hot piece of ass, he takes it up the ass, and Mukki likes his ass, but he is so not "badass"!

Wow.... I've wandered pretty far off topic.... This post has become a sort of mini-essay on Cloud's psychoses.... Um, yeah....

If this post makes it seem as though I don't like Cloud, then that couldn't be farther from the truth. I love Cloud (in all of his messed-up eccentricity), and I love Clukki (Cloud/Mukki). I think I'm going to make it my duty to tell everyone about Clukki.... Spread the love!

P.S. Are there any fellow Clukki fans on these forums? Maybe I should start a fanlisting - "Cloud and Mukki: Tainted Love"?

Edited to add: would this be considered a "stupid" answer?

wtf?! whos mukki? n o ye whos gay?! wheres the honeybee inn

Clone 01
01-23-2006, 11:50 PM
the best couple wud have to be......BAHAMUT and SHIVA!!!

~SapphireStar~
01-24-2006, 12:00 AM
For me, it always has been and always will be Cloud and Aeris. They were perfect and remember Cath Siths fortune?

DarkLord
01-29-2006, 05:32 AM
Vincent really is a loner, isn't he. He doesn't quite fit with anybody. But at the same time he fits with everyone.

kikimm
01-29-2006, 06:23 PM
They were perfect and remember Cath Siths fortune?

I remember how she was such a lamo about it to Tifa. ;P I just can't stand Aeris.

Bart's Friend Milhouse
01-29-2006, 11:25 PM
what do you guys thinks Aeris and Tifa smell like (What am I talking about?)

how about me and Yuffie?

DarkLord
01-30-2006, 02:51 PM
Dont double post... You probably have a chance with Yuffie, but then Yuffie would go with anyone if you locked her in a room long enough... But seriously, she's the sort that's always on the move. You'd be with her about a day...

boys from the dwarf
01-30-2006, 04:43 PM
Yuffie and Cloud! LOL

Notice you can date Yuffie in Gold Sauces, Yuffie had a crash on Cloud and kisses him, but she smacks him afterward because he is so cold to her lol

Yuffie: "Well... SAY SOMETHING!"
Cloud: ".......................Something.."
:smack:

:love:

i have got to see that scene. its probly not as funny as if you mess up on the tifa date but this seems funny.

Lahna
01-31-2006, 12:26 PM
Vincent and Cid would be quite interesting couple :3

DarkLord
01-31-2006, 03:30 PM
i have got to see that scene. its probly not as funny as if you mess up on the tifa date but this seems funny.
To be perfectly honest, I've only seen the aeris date. What are the others like and any tips for getting the Tifa date?

Ryushikaze
02-01-2006, 07:54 AM
Cloud and Tifa. For one, it actually has some form of confirmation from Cloud himself, and not the ramblings of a robotic cat whose fortune telling averaged less correct than that of real world -IE: Fake- fortune tellers.
That or Cid and Sierra.

But to get the Tifa date, just favor her over Aerith. It also helps to talk positively to Tifa a lot when in captivity, since this can garner you numerous points in rapid succesion for her affection for Cloud.

02-01-2006, 03:20 PM
Vincent and Cid would be quite interesting couple :3
UMM sure okay I guess Ill buy that one.

DarkLord
02-02-2006, 04:07 PM
*Shudder* Jenova and Sephiroth, I mean look at them... It all fits together so well...

02-02-2006, 08:42 PM
*Shudder* Jenova and Sephiroth, I mean look at them... It all fits together so well...
Riiiiiiggggghhhhhhhht.
Yuffie tifa and Vincent.

Acid Raine
02-03-2006, 08:05 PM
Reeve and Cait Sith (doll)

Ester and Joe

Rufus and a mirror

Lucrecia and Hojo

Reti
02-05-2006, 10:39 AM
Erm.. this may be a bit off, but I really like Reno and Tifa together. xD They're a cute couple, well to me of course. I don't exactly like cloud having Tifa or Aeris, he just seems interested in his giant-ass sword xD Jk.

Plus, I also like Vincent and Yuffie togeether. For once I don't really care about the age difference :D Vincent looks a bit younger than his age anyway.

Death Penalty
02-05-2006, 11:08 AM
He never ages damnit how many times do I say this. Eventually he will have to get some and whos there Yuffie. Reno Tifa dont work for me mainly cus I think Reno hits women.

Reti
02-05-2006, 11:39 AM
He never ages damnit how many times do I say this. Eventually he will have to get some and whos there Yuffie. Reno Tifa dont work for me mainly cus I think Reno hits women.

0_0 NOOO! Not my Rennie!!....0_o you made me go nuts, anyway, I'd only think Reno would actually hit a woman, because he'd either be drunk, or he'd have to cause of his job. Lol, me and my excuses...

Ryushikaze
02-05-2006, 07:48 PM
Y'know, it would help the more outrageous fan pairings if there was any sort of evidence to suggest that the people might be interested in each other.

Fonzie
02-05-2006, 08:59 PM
Emerald and Ruby

Bart's Friend Milhouse
02-06-2006, 03:08 PM
Emerald and Ruby

i don't think i'd have the strength to beat their lovechild

Ryushikaze
02-06-2006, 06:50 PM
i don't think i'd have the strength to beat their lovechild

Bah. Kefka's not that difficult.

DarkLord
02-09-2006, 12:43 PM
Hmmm, Emerald and Ruby. *pop* It's a, yaah, aah it burns. Mwaah hah hah... From now you can have your chocobos, I'm breeding weapon... an army *drool*

AngelicHymn
02-09-2006, 02:46 PM
I've always liked the Cloud and Aeris relationship. They just go together. I think that Cloud and Tifa already tried the relationship thing in the past and it didn't work so they just stayed pretty close friends.

Ryushikaze
02-09-2006, 11:13 PM
I've always liked the Cloud and Aeris relationship. They just go together. I think that Cloud and Tifa already tried the relationship thing in the past and it didn't work so they just stayed pretty close friends.

When would they have had a real chance? Tifa realized she liked Cloud right before he left for the army, the next time they 'met' was at Nibleheim in the reactor, and he was stuck in a tube for five years right after that and she didn't even remember it thanks to the physical trauma she recieved.

cloud_doll
02-09-2006, 11:22 PM
When would they have had a real chance? Tifa realized she liked Cloud right before he left for the army, the next time they 'met' was at Nibleheim in the reactor, and he was stuck in a tube for five years right after that and she didn't even remember it thanks to the physical trauma she recieved.

i agree! cloud and tifa never got the chance that BOTH of them wanted! aeris died anyway...so what's the deal?

Reti
02-11-2006, 03:46 AM
Y'know, it would help the more outrageous fan pairings if there was any sort of evidence to suggest that the people might be interested in each other.

Well, my reason for RenoxTifa pairing is quite okay... I really don't think Reno would go for someone like Aeris, or that Aeris would grow to like him if he did. I think with Tifa, she's more willing to give everyone a second chance, whereas Aeris is more stubborn (I don't mean that as a fault). And with Yuffie (even though that's a pairing I don't really care for either, though I do understand its appeal but... one thing at a time) they would have this kind of relationship where they're kind of nasty to eachother but y'know... the love is there XD Basically, I think it's like Reno enjoys getting some kind of reaction out people with things he says. He could embarrass Tifa and piss Yuffie off. Aeris is more well-adjusted and forward (would probably just tell him to eff off) so I don't think she'd put up with his shenanigans.

Death Penalty
02-11-2006, 08:44 AM
I like all pairing cept gay ones.

Ryushikaze
02-11-2006, 06:44 PM
I'm not saying that - in the event that they became a couple- Reno and Tifa could not work out. What I am saying is that they've shown no signs of having an interest in each other.

And it's not just about R/T, Reti, there are a bunch of left field fan pairings in 7.

DarkLord
02-21-2006, 04:09 PM
True... SLightly overstepping VII here, What about Vincent and Paine.

sephirothyuna
04-19-2006, 08:10 PM
in the video game
cloudxtifa
sephirothxtifa
vincentxtifa
zackxaeris
_________
and in other video games
cloudxyunax-2
sephirothxyunax-2
vincentxpainex-2
cidxrikkux-2
barretxrikkux-2

see ya

DarkLord
04-27-2006, 03:27 PM
Hojo and Jenova... And I mean Heletic Hojo.

Amaru
04-27-2006, 05:43 PM
Vincent and Yuffie. My dream couple...

<<MiKo BaHaMuT>>
04-28-2006, 07:29 AM
I think this is it for me:

1. Cloud and Tifa
2. Zack and Aeris

DarkLord
04-28-2006, 03:39 PM
Zack and Aeris did look good together no AC. Cloud and Tifa seems kinda obvious and for some reason I think the Yuffie should be with Cid or Vincent. But Vincent is, as I said before, best off alone...

Sally Nine
05-06-2006, 11:29 AM
Uhh, straight-wise, I go for ZackxAerith. Not for any particular reason, I just happen to not mind it (that's big coming from me, I hate nearly ALL pairings).

Yaoi-wise, I go for CloudxSephi! xD

Because it's hot, damn it! That, and Cloud's cute little crush/hero worship of him before he went all evil. <3

Pretty shallow reasons, but who cares?

balthier
05-09-2006, 03:33 PM
cloud and tifa

Aerith's Knight
05-09-2006, 11:07 PM
aeris and me

DarkLord
05-12-2006, 03:57 PM
You wish, Aeris is taken and you know it. lol
I thinkthat Aeris and Zack looked pretty cool together in Advent Children, don't you think

yuffielover
06-02-2006, 04:37 AM
Cloud and Yuffie would make the best couple because with Tifa and Aeris he had some sort a problem, and with Yuffie he was nice and wasn't afraid to speak to her. That's why I mean that Cloud and Yuffie would make the best couple.

YuffiezBf
06-02-2006, 10:16 AM
MMHmmm Yuffie N Cloud

o0o kno wat, i take dat bak!!
Tifa And Barret.
Lol

Do not post more than once in a row. Use the edit/delete button please. ~ Leeza

Aerith's Knight
06-02-2006, 11:49 AM
well hmm ok..

how bout

aeris, tifa and me! :):)

Crossblades
06-02-2006, 02:33 PM
Cloud and Tifa would make a good couple since they've known each other since they were little

Dell
06-02-2006, 02:54 PM
Heidegger and Scarlet. Both Gya Haa Haa and Kya Haa Haa.

Contagion
06-02-2006, 03:29 PM
Yeah Vincent is best alone, but the best couple would be Red XIII and Yuffie, for comedy reasons.

DoaJ
06-02-2006, 03:55 PM
but the best couple would be Red XIII and Yuffie, for comedy reasons.

Hmmm...so...stroke of genious. RedXIII is the last of his kind....what bugenhagen meant is that h e's not the last "animal in bed" Thats where Yuffie comes in....:p

Its a joke, dont send me hatemail about how RedXIII isn't the last of his kind. Im not ready to die.:cool:

Fatihin_Malaysia_Girl
06-07-2006, 04:14 AM
Totally Cloud and Aerith

Aralith
06-10-2006, 10:09 AM
Cloud and Aerith. Here's why: First, I must admit that the initial attraction between them was becuase Cloud was basically a clone of Zack. But as said in the gondola when Cloud and Aerith go out:

Aeirth:First off, it bothered me how you looked exactly like. Two completely different people, but look exactly the same. The way you walk, gesture... I think I must have seen him again, in you... But you're different. Things are different...
Aerith: Cloud... I'm searching for you.
Cloud: ...............?
Aerith: I want to meet you.
Cloud: But I'm right here.
Aerith: (I know, I know... what I mean is...) I want to meet...... you.

This clearly shows that Aerith has feelings for him. I don't know how you can all say that Tifa cares for him more, when she kept a crucial piece of evidence about Cloud's past a secret for that long. Aerith was always honest with Cloud about those important kind of things. Tifa isn't a bad person, she's just kind of conceited and that would not work with Cloud who acts the same way. They'd never talk. Half the time, Cloud doesn't know what to say to Tifa.

Because of Cloud's nature, he has a tough time talking with Aerith as well, but her good-spirited, honest and up-front personality would help him deal with this problem. I could go on, but I think I've said my major points.

Jojee
06-10-2006, 11:28 AM
but that's just the way of Cloud, and that's what we like about him, right? hehe :) No, that's why we hate him and think he's a total doofus arse jerk XD Really, if Cloud has such a difficult time with everybody and never expresses any interest in anyone (Look I'm Cloud, I'm too cool and antisocial and psycho for anyone!), then he shouldn't be with anyone ^_^ Cloud x nobody. Cloud x himself all alone in a corner like he wants to be :</>D Cloud x Death. Cloud x a robot. Cloud x Aeris so they can both be dead (nothing against Aeris! ^_^). Cloud x his mom, cos' she's the only one that loves him :</>D ...Or should be -_- It still boggles me how so many nice, attractive girls are drawn to this antisocial unstable jerk ^_^;; Not everyone has to be paired up and Cloud definitely isn't one of them. Rawr XD

Ryushikaze
06-10-2006, 07:01 PM
Cloud and Aerith. Here's why: First, I must admit that the initial attraction between them was becuase Cloud was basically a clone of Zack. But as said in the gondola when Cloud and Aerith go out:

-snip-

This clearly shows that Aerith has feelings for him.

And maiden of the planet clearly shows that she didn't know the real Cloud until well after she died, when Tifa restored his mind. Before then, her image of Cloud was so like Zack that when she attempted to think of everything that made Cloud himself (in her mind) woke Zack instead.

I don't know how you can all say that Tifa cares for him more, when she kept a crucial piece of evidence about Cloud's past a secret for that long.

One she was unsure of because he knew things he shouldn't have, thus making Tifa doubt her own memories, and because she was worried that if she told him at the wrong time the effects would be disastrous. Yes, she kept a secret from him, but with the best of intentions. She tries to tell him a couple times, but can't figure out how to do it without it being a mind shatterer.

Aerith was always honest with Cloud about those important kind of things. Tifa isn't a bad person, she's just kind of conceited and that would not work with Cloud who acts the same way. They'd never talk. Half the time, Cloud doesn't know what to say to Tifa.

Tifa? Conceited? Are you /xxx.gif/xxx.gif/xxx.gif/xxx.gifting me? The woman practically devotes her entire life to other people throughout the course of the game, mid-years, and AC.

And CoT says that under good circumstances (Cloud not suffering from a debilitating disease and the grief of thinking himself a failure), they get along just fine, and talk.

Because of Cloud's nature, he has a tough time talking with Aerith as well, but her good-spirited, honest and up-front personality would help him deal with this problem. I could go on, but I think I've said my major points.

Or it could just mean she always dominates the conversations and Cloud talks even less.

And Moonlight, cut the man some slack. The man's doing surprisingly well, considering his history, and he does show improvement over time.

daggertrepe
06-10-2006, 07:06 PM
I liked Cloud and Aeris, but that's never gonna happen...:cry:

DarkLord
06-13-2006, 03:55 PM
I dunno, It could be if Cloud dies and they meet in the lifestream.

Ryushikaze
06-13-2006, 04:30 PM
And yet, Cloud's not itching to die anytime soon. He's trying to live, and with Tifa.

yeuanmi
06-14-2006, 09:12 AM
:love: cloud&tifa for sure:love:

DarkLord
06-15-2006, 12:27 PM
THat's a winner, in AC I kinda saw a 'just friends' relationship between Cloud and Aeris, BUt Zack and Aeris... I dunno

Aralith
06-16-2006, 08:20 PM
Tifa? Conceited? Are you /xxx.gif/xxx.gif/xxx.gif/xxx.gifting me? The woman practically devotes her entire life to other people throughout the course of the game, mid-years, and AC.
OOPS! Wrong word. I didn't mean conceited. I don't actually know what I was thinking when I typed that. I was trying to say that because Tifa is so unsure of what she knows about Cloud and fears to tell him something different than his memory, she manages to send someone she cares about into a state of shock because she was caring too much for them. That's what I was trying to say. Conceited had nothing to do with it. That was an error on my part. Oh, by the way, in Maiden Who Travels the Planet, it says that Aeris didn't know who Cloud really was until after her death, but it also states that once she found out who he was, that she loved him anyways.

Ryushikaze
06-16-2006, 11:04 PM
Not quite.

Tifa embraced Cloud tightly as he returned to his senses. Aerith watched as both of them returned to the surface while smiling like an affectionate mother.

She was happy. She was happy that she now knew the real Cloud and was able to watch over him, even though it was just for a short while.

Does not sound like Romantic Love to me.

Aralith
06-17-2006, 09:37 AM
I think you're reading the wrong part. I was talking about this quote:

Aerith was in even greater pain when she thought about Cloud.

She also had good feelings towards him. At first, she thought he somehow had some similarities to her first love. Even so, his looks, voice and personality weren't similar and he also made her think of him as a mysterious person... But it soon didn't matter. She loved him much more than her first love. Cloud was her hero and he couldn’t get away from danger. She saw him as someone full of confidence, cool and had the impression that he would disappear in an instant if she took her eyes off him. She wanted to stay by his side forever if she could. She really wanted to.

When she left her companions and headed for the Forgotten City, Cloud's heart was like an egg that was on the verge of cracking open. It wasn’t going to crack open like the way an egg hatched but, as if only the yolk was going to seep out of it. It was as if his mind was going to shatter. She wanted to comfort him. If she wasn't the last survivor of the Cetra she probably would have done so without a doubt.

Sounds like romantic love to me. So maybe it's not like she knows exactly who he really is, but she knows enough to realize that he is different than Zack, and she loved him anyways. I think that my quote and your quote together prove that Aerith loved the real Cloud.

Ryushikaze
06-18-2006, 07:30 AM
And I think This quote

Aerith cried as she thought about the shattered Cloud that even her prayers wouldn't reach. His wrecked character could no longer be fixed. If he wasn't Cloud in the first place then, who was he? Knowing him only as a former member of Soldier, there was no way she could guess. She embraced the feeling of helplessness that she couldn't put into words.

"Cloud... I miss you. I miss the real you..."

Her whispers and thoughts became expanded into waves and spread out in the Mako.

Her memories of being with Cloud came to mind again. Her impression was that even though he wasn't very social, there was some cheerfulness about him.

"I felt something odd about him but, was everything really just made up and part of his false character? Cloud wasn't real at all? ...No, that can't be true. There were things that only Cloud could think of. Things that he done because he was Cloud. He was never an empty vessel to begin with!"

But she couldn't figure out the truth. Her thoughts just went in circles. Aerith delved into her memories again. Memories that showed Cloud's individuality. The way he walked. She remembered all his actions one by one...

Most of those thoughts merged into the Sea of Mako and awakened a character. The character recognized the image she recalled and "he" woke up.

"Aerith... Is that you?"

At first, Aerith couldn't remember whose voice it was because it was so sudden. Panicking, she turned round and saw a nostalgic face she hadn't seen for five years. He was her light taste of first love. He was also now a very dear friend who she hadn't seen ever since she heard nothing from him. He had the same character she saw in Cloud. Zack, who had blue eyes that proved he was in Soldier, appeared before her. He had an image inferior to Aerith's solid image.

etc.

Pretty much effectively proves that she thought the 'real' Cloud was a lot like Zack, which really isn't the case. Basically, she had romantic feeling towards what amounted to Zack, with some of the original Cloud mixed in.

G SpOtZ
06-18-2006, 07:41 AM
Wow. Does EVERYBODY see Cloud as a necropheliac? Psh, I don't think Cloud would ever pair up with a dead person. She's probably all... wrinkly, and pruny, and smelly, from being dead and in the water so long. Yuck...

Tifa and Yuffie. Hell, let's throw some other FF's in here.

Tifa, Yuffie, Quistis, Rinoa, Selphie, Garnet... and Quina, because that's funny.

Serious though, here are the perfect pairings:
Reno x Tifa
Rude by himself.
Yuffie x Elena (Not kidding. They're both dykes. Come on.)
Cloud x Priscilla (When she's older)
Barret x Missy Elliot
Vincent by himself
Cid x Shera (Of course.)
Red XIII x some other dog-chick. (Yeah, you saw those baby Nanakis at the end.)
Don Corneo x Aeris (Because he's a fat necropheliac)

$howBiz
06-18-2006, 03:06 PM
cid & shera i fink datz her name can't rememba

BardTard
06-19-2006, 12:54 AM
I like Aeris and Cloud. Nobody else does though... I think Tifa should get with Barret! I thought they were married or something when I first played the game... But yeah. AERIS+CLOUD!!! :love:

runouni k master
06-19-2006, 07:11 AM
vincent and cid

no just a joke i think that vincent and yuffie because vince neades love to and sephiroths true mom isent there any more for him:tongue:

Aralith
06-19-2006, 07:36 AM
Your point that Aerith was distraught when she found out Cloud wasn't really Cloud, but mostly Zack is a point in both your favor and mine, Ryushikaze. When you love someone, even if it's not the real them, just some act that they have, when you find out that it's an act, you don't just stop loving them. This is why Aerith's feelings were shattered, because she still loved Cloud even though she barely knew the real him.

I think that if she had still been alive when he learned of his true identity, Aerith's feelings towards him would have allowed her to eventually learn to love the real Cloud as well. She obviously still has some kind of feelings for him, else she wouldn't have stayed around to make sure everything was okay with him in Advent Children. Whether it was just friends or love we will never know, but she still definitely cared for Cloud, so I think she could very easily love the real Cloud.

A number of other things seen throughout the game are evidence that the creators meant for it to be Aerith and Cloud. The most obvious piece of which, is that Aerith is the default date. Unless you realluy f*** things up you're going to go out with either Aeris or Tifa. If you hack the game, you can actually learn that there are affection values set at the beginning of the game for the four characters Cloud can date (Aerith, Tifa, Yuffie, and Barret). Aerith's is set at 50, Tifa's at 30, Yuffie at 10, and Barret at 0.

Next point, is that all throughout the game they drop hints that Aerith would be good for Cloud. It's been a while since I've played the game so I can only remember a few. The one that most readily comes to mind is in the Nibelheim flashback. Cloud goes to his mother's house and she starts talking about girlfriends. She says something along the lines of "you should have an older girlfriend". Other than Barret (who was just thrown into the date mechanics as a joke) Aerith is the only person Cloud can go out with that is older than him.

To add to that last point, if you choose to have both Tifa and Aeris in your party when you leave Midgar, Barret says, "Yeah. I figured you'd do that" or something along those lines. Since Tifa has been Cloud's friend since childhood (not to mention it's nigh-impossible to have her affection value higher than Aerith's at the point in the game) and Barret knows that Aeris is a pretty recent addition to the party, he is probably commenting on the fact that he took his childhood friend and his prospective girlfriend with him. If you add in the rest of the evidence, this makes even more sense. I know that this is an iffy arguement, but I believe my other ones are valid.

Nominus Experse
06-19-2006, 12:12 PM
It seems to me, based upon the standard affection values put into the game, that the developers meant for you to end up with Aeris on the date. It could be argued that the developers then meant that to signify that Cloud and Aeris are supposed to end up together, or it could simply mean that they wish for you to learn more of her story before she departs. She is something of an enigma even if the player does try to learn everything about her, and if the player just 'plays' through the game, not really reading into the story, having the pre-set could aid, I'm not sure. I have to admit, it has been some time since I last played FFVII, so perhaps my thoughts are occluded.

And for the original meaning of this thread, it is so very personal... For me, personally, I would say Tifa and Cloud, but that is only because I like Tifa, and I actually hate Aeris. I truly didn't feel much of anything when Aeris died besides,

"Damn... I hope I can still keep the materia I had on her..."

It's just personal preference, and because of that, I have managed to always have Tifa's affection values higher than Aeris' at the point of leaving Midgar.

I'm curious about the idea of going on a date with Barret... My, how would that play out?

Laguna
06-19-2006, 12:21 PM
That's a worrying thought ><

FFVII confused me in the this respect. I know its supposed to be Cloud and Aeris but after disc 2, it's Cloud and Tifa. I always felt sorry for Tifa, it's like Cloud is only with her because it's all he has. He just doesn't seem to care about her a whole lot, and she doesn't really seem to mind that. It's just a bit, well, it doesn't seem right to me.

Best couple is clearly Shera and Cid: "Drink your GODDAMN tea!" XD Points for being so disfunctional but clearly liking each other.

Ryushikaze
06-19-2006, 02:58 PM
Your point that Aerith was distraught when she found out Cloud wasn't really Cloud, but mostly Zack is a point in both your favor and mine, Ryushikaze.

No, she was distraught when she was worrying that the fake Cloud she knew- who basically turned out to be Zack to her perception- was nothing more than a Sephiroth created illusion. She was actually rather calm and sedate when she learned Cloud was mostly Zack.

When you love someone, even if it's not the real them, just some act that they have, when you find out that it's an act, you don't just stop loving them.

EXCUSE ME? "Oh, you've been living a lie these past four months and the man I thought I met is nothing more than the cobbled together remnants of the psyche of your best friend and my old boyfriend? MARRY ME!"

Yeah, No.

This is why Aerith's feelings were shattered, because she still loved Cloud even though she barely knew the real him.

She knew him even less than she thought. She thought that the 'real him' was Zacklike, after all.

I think that if she had still been alive when he learned of his true identity, Aerith's feelings towards him would have allowed her to eventually learn to love the real Cloud as well. She obviously still has some kind of feelings for him, else she wouldn't have stayed around to make sure everything was okay with him in Advent Children. Whether it was just friends or love we will never know, but she still definitely cared for Cloud, so I think she could very easily love the real Cloud.

Affectionately, like a Mother. What's so hard to figure out from the passages in Maiden after Tifa restores Cloud's fragmented psyche?
Besides, Aerith's emotions are themselves a red herring. Cloud's emotions are all that matters, and I really shouldn't be giving anything other than that the time of day.

A number of other things seen throughout the game are evidence that the creators meant for it to be Aerith and Cloud. The most obvious piece of which, is that Aerith is the default date.

A pointless minigame with little relevance to the overall plot which is played primarily for comedic effect and which is actually determined by each choice's affection for Cloud and not the other way around? Is THAT the evidence you speak of?

Unless you realluy f*** things up you're going to go out with either Aeris or Tifa. If you hack the game, you can actually learn that there are affection values set at the beginning of the game for the four characters Cloud can date (Aerith, Tifa, Yuffie, and Barret). Aerith's is set at 50, Tifa's at 30, Yuffie at 10, and Barret at 0.

How is this relevant? Even granting that these are anything more than smegging game mechanics like HP and MP, these values don't represent anything more than each choice's opinion of the Fragmented mind Cloud of the early game. Aerith likes the fake Cloud best, Tifa'd prefer the old Cloud with his own mind to his current off kilter state, Yuffie's acting the schoolgirl, and Barret is a heterosexual male.

Next point, is that all throughout the game they drop hints that Aerith would be good for Cloud. It's been a while since I've played the game so I can only remember a few. The one that most readily comes to mind is in the Nibelheim flashback. Cloud goes to his mother's house and she starts talking about girlfriends. She says something along the lines of "you should have an older girlfriend". Other than Barret (who was just thrown into the date mechanics as a joke) Aerith is the only person Cloud can go out with that is older than him.

You quote the flashback, but neglect CLOUD'S OWN WORDS? For shame. What is Cloud's reply? A curt, simple 'Not interested'. He says it twice, once with Aerith in the room for her to hear. And if you want to say 'all throughout', you had better be damn prepared to show it, good sir.

BTW- 'Aside from Barret' is a case of special pleading.

Barret says 'Yeah, I figured you'd do that, or a variant on that', no matter the selection. If we must attribute deeper meaning to Barret's words, let us remember that it is coming out of the jaded and cynical mouth of Barret. It's far more likely Barret just meant "Yeah, I knew you'd take the chicks, ya damn chocobo headed punk"

Still, arguing from author's intent is almost as smegging useless as Cait's fortune telling. People on either side of the argument should probably choose to avoid it in the future if they aren't already.

Addendum: The exception, of course, is when an author states their intent. Thanks to the latest Advent Supplement, Reunion Files, there are now some direct statements. Nomura refers to Tifa as many things, including a Lover (Koibito), and Nojima said that from the start, one thing that was absolutely concrete about the movie was that Cloud and Tifa would be together.

So... yeah. That's basically that, now ain't it? Direct, authoritative, unequivocal statements of intent from the two major creators.

Aralith
06-19-2006, 08:11 PM
I was not aware of what Nomura said concerning Tifa. If this is true then I rest my case. Though my personal beliefs differ from this, I will not argue with an authoritative, OFFICIAL source. (I capitalized official for all the people out there that still believe Jenova was in control of Sephiroth despite the UOG, but that doesn't belong in this thread so I'm not going to argue it.) This however, is talking about Advent Children, not to mention it is long after Aerith's death. What I'm really saying is now that Aerith is dead, Cloud and Tifa should probably get together, but I'd really like to see Cloud and Aerith together if she had lived.

EXCUSE ME? "Oh, you've been living a lie these past four months and the man I thought I met is nothing more than the cobbled together remnants of the psyche of your best friend and my old boyfriend? MARRY ME!"

I didn't mean what I said in that way. That's a very shallow way of looking at it. What I meant, was when you're hurt by someone you love part of the reason you're devestated is because you're in conflict between them hurting you and you still having feelings for them. Now granted, Aerith wasn't hurt by who she loved but for who she loved. Aerith realized that it was mostly Zack, with a small amount of Cloud in there, and this is why she was hurt. You took what I said at face value, and that's not how I meant it. Sorry if there was any confusion there.

Affectionately, like a Mother. What's so hard to figure out from the passages in Maiden after Tifa restores Cloud's fragmented psyche?
Besides, Aerith's emotions are themselves a red herring. Cloud's emotions are all that matters, and I really shouldn't be giving anything other than that the time of day.

Okay. Let me explain myself. I have read this and what I'm doing is extrapolating. I'm also looking at Advent Children when Aerith says "Why does everyone keep calling me mother?" or something to that accord. I think that her affection for Cloud in the afterlife was not like spousal love, but a friendly affectionate love. I'm extrapolating from this that if she was given some more time to be around Cloud (and if she was alive) that she might be able to have spousal love for him. That'a all I meant. Once again, sorry for any confusion caused by that.

Loonie Noobie
06-21-2006, 04:22 PM
tifa and cloud of course.. they have a past and she cares for him more...not aeris and cloud cos lets face it she just dies..what kinda future is that lol

crayzee gamr
06-25-2006, 01:46 AM
Barret and cloud lol!:p
Just kidding don't get mad I think Tifa and cloud would be the best since they've known each other since childhood and practically grew up together. Also they help eachother out through hard times (like cloud's moody time when he tries to find himself).
Aeris and Zack would be good too.

Diddy21
07-03-2006, 01:03 AM
Id like to see Cid and Shera 2gether

xXthedarkestlightXx
07-18-2006, 07:19 AM
Vincent and Tifa are honestly my favorite couple in seven. *dodges flying objects* :eep:

But for the best....I would say Cid and Shera.

Dr. Acula
07-18-2006, 10:30 AM
Tifa and Cloud, not Aeris and Cloud, coz ya know.... Tifa's ALIVE for one thing....

Christmas
07-18-2006, 11:44 AM
JENOVA & HOJO. :bigsmile:

Dr. Acula
07-19-2006, 08:49 AM
hmm i really have to say Cid and Shera we all know Cid likes Shera! ;)
Cid and Shera r married in Dirge of Cerberus apparently (sorry if someone's already said this i haven't read the whole thing yet)

Dr. Acula
07-19-2006, 09:08 AM
lol i just thought of something REALLY disturbing.... Barret and Marlene!:eek:

Aralith
07-19-2006, 09:18 AM
lol i just thought of something REALLY disturbing.... Barret and Marlene!:eek:
Gross! Why would you even think of something like that. Hold on... *retching sound* Okay, I'm a bit better now. That's just so wrong on so many levels. That'd be like if I said Bugenhagen and Yuffie should get it on. *blech* GROSS!! Why did I think of something like that?!

Dr. Acula
07-19-2006, 09:40 AM
lol it was just a sick joke lots of people have done sick pairings... like i thought i saw a "hojo and sephiroth" in there somewhere... *ugh*

Aralith
07-19-2006, 09:42 AM
I realize it was a joke, it still disturbed the hell out of me though. *blech*

Dr. Acula
07-19-2006, 09:53 AM
yeah true. it disturbed me too, and i was the one who said it lol!

Aralith
07-19-2006, 10:06 AM
'Tis okay. In the same post where I said it was disturbing, I came up with an equally disturbing couple. So, we think pretty similarily. Yeah, this whole conversation is wrong. I conject that we should stop this tangent of thinking before it leads us somewhere we don't want to go. The darkest place of our minds. I've been there before, it's scary.

Dr. Acula
07-19-2006, 10:17 AM
yeah man. rock on. i think we should all stop posting here or people are just gonna go even more overboard than they already have, if that's possible.

Aralith
07-19-2006, 10:20 AM
Heh, I just got your user-name. That's a pretty good play on words. Anyways, yeah, I'm not sure if it possible to go more overboard. Heh, if we want to continue this conversation, we should probably switch to PM's, considering this is extremely off topic now.

DarkLord
07-19-2006, 10:24 AM
True, the darkest patches of the mind are a dark evil place. But then again I do spend a lot of my time there... Anyway how are you all! If anyone feels that this thread goes to far, please alert your local MP, Mod or Cid's Knight, or me if you think it's still saveable, (Is that a real word?)

Clyphire
07-19-2006, 10:34 AM
Like sephiroth and yuffie. That would be cool.

Dr. Acula
07-19-2006, 10:38 AM
seph and yuffie? weird, but it would definately work. they could go around stealing stuff (like materia) all the time, and seph gets to kill people! :D

My best couples would have to be:
Cloud and Tifa
Aeris and Zack
Tseng and Elena
Marlene and Denzel
Cid and Shera

Aralith
07-19-2006, 10:44 AM
Well, I've posted it earlier, but you can all tell who I think would make the best couple by my sig. I'll give you three guesses.

Clyphire
07-19-2006, 11:02 AM
But seph is like...... Insane hed prolly only look at the uhhh...*cough*

Ryushikaze
07-19-2006, 08:15 PM
Well, I've posted it earlier, but you can all tell who I think would make the best couple by my sig. I'll give you three guesses.

The ghost of Aerith, Marlene, and Denzel once they're older?

Aralith
07-19-2006, 09:43 PM

The ghost of Aerith, Marlene, and Denzel once they're older?
No. Aerith and Cloud. Does it not look like them?

Ryushikaze
07-19-2006, 09:58 PM
Not really. I know it's supposed to be them, but neither really resembles who they are supposed to.

If I had to describe it, I would call it cosplay fanart.

Aralith
07-19-2006, 10:08 PM
Not really. I know it's supposed to be them, but neither really resembles who they are supposed to.

If I had to describe it, I would call it cosplay fanart.
Talk to Nominus Experse. He's the one that made the sig. I don't know where he got the pics, so I just knew who it was because that's what I told him the sig's theme should be, and he complied. I really don't know anything about where the pics came from.

Dr. Acula
07-20-2006, 04:50 AM
aeris and cloud. easy.

DarkLord
07-20-2006, 09:14 AM
aeris and cloud. easy.
And i thought it was Cid and Yuffie, Lol. don't worry, it isn't that hard to tell who they are

Kefka_Almighty
07-21-2006, 04:49 AM
My favorite pairings are:

Aeris/Cloud
Tifa/Vincent
Yuffie/Reno

But, I have to say, my true favorite couple, the one on the top of my list, is Tifa/Aeris. There are several reasons I like the coupling, and I really don't feel like posting them all up here, or at least I don't feel like writing them down at the moment ten minutes before I have to leave for work.

DarkLord
07-21-2006, 03:03 PM
... I thought we'd agreed to leave that kind of pairing ya perv

Kefka_Almighty
07-23-2006, 02:59 AM
... I thought we'd agreed to leave that kind of pairing ya perv

*shrugs* If we did, my bad. I'll freely admit I didn't read through EVERY page of this post (I stopped at about six) before posting mine, so I must have missed that. Again, my bad.

RoBoDunK
07-23-2006, 03:31 AM
CLOUD & AERIS!!!!

Zidane x Auron
08-02-2006, 04:07 AM
im a bit late putting my opinion on this thread, so excuse me if i say sumthing idiotic. ok, first off, its always cloud with either aeris or tifa, which i think are both very good pair-ups. and unless some1 else came up with this idea, please tell me. but wouldnt it be possible for ALL 3 of em to get together??? i mean, its not like midgar has rules for marrige, or not that ive heard of...

as for the other characters, not many have mentioned barrett, so i gotta give my main gunner a lady. i say barrett and yuffie, y?, cause shes the only female in the character gameplay that DIDNOT have a love-intrest with cloud, and y not barrett?? not like cait sith needs a woman, nor red XIII. and cid's got shea

cloud-freak21
08-05-2006, 11:10 PM
i think tifa does not go with cloud nor that other girl or whatever i think we go together

eragon1
08-05-2006, 11:17 PM
Maybe Cloud and Aeris

Maux
08-05-2006, 11:24 PM
Tifa/Cloud- I prefer this pairing to Aeris/Cloud mainly because she is dead, I also found her attitude way too...nice. Tifa has a better ability to understand Cloud and Aerith was only liking Cloud because he reminded her of Zack.
Aerith/Aeris/Sephiroth- Way too nice and way too evil would make a good romantic comedy, I can see it. (We wouldn't have had a seven if this occured but it still would have been fun).
Yuffie/Vincent- Makes sense, just think about it.
Cid/Shera-Already done.
Reno/Elena/Rude/Tseng- I can see it, a love square.

Hell_Vangaurd
08-09-2006, 08:08 AM
VincentxLucrecia, CloudxTifa, ZackxAeris, and RenoxSephiroth

Disco Potato
08-14-2006, 08:00 AM
I wouldn't have ever thought of RenoxRude before Advent Children, but after seeing it they seem to be one of the more believable (not-really-canon) couples to me o_O. Especially after this (from this site (http://db.gamefaqs.com/portable/psp/file/final_fantasy_vii_ac_script.txt)):

Reno: Hey, partner, this thing got any bite to it?
Rude: Shin-Ra technology at its finest.
Reno: Oh, so you made this?
Rude: If nothing else it's ... flashy.
Reno: Ooh, good.
Rude: You love it, I know.
Reno: Looks like today we're clocking out early.

Just something in the way the lines were delivered.

DarkLord
08-18-2006, 03:48 PM
Just as long as you don't think of that one as a romantic friendship... Their partners and their friends... Also the source of most of the humour in AC

Rhinoa
08-18-2006, 06:10 PM
AerisXCloud

duh.

XP