PDA

View Full Version : Going to Hell

Itsunari 2000
09-27-2005, 07:23 PM
Well,do you think you're going to be hurled into the fiery abyss ?

Jebus
09-27-2005, 07:26 PM
Nope. Just Limbo.

Sasquatch
09-27-2005, 07:35 PM
Not I.

RPJesus
09-27-2005, 07:40 PM
Well, I suppose I'd have to die first and, being what I am, that's very unlikely. But if I do finally die again, I couldn't have any after-life, be it heaven or hell, 'cause I'll have to wait until my spirit finds a new body to command and live life again from there.

And, anyway, would you send a Jesus to hell?

And Sasquatch: "The Seventh Circle of Hell"? Aren't you already in hell, then?

Karl
09-27-2005, 07:43 PM
yes, i often think of that, im not the best person and views of god are always mixed, sometimes i think if i dont confess my sins at church or for that matter go to church ima go strait to hell, sometimes i feel like thats more harsh than religeon may accually be

RPJesus
09-27-2005, 07:53 PM
Going to church doesn't mean your a good, heaven-worthy person. By that logic, all us non-church goers are destined straight for hell. That's at least 4 billion people. If people want to be forgiven for 'sins', they should do something to redeem themselves and prove they're really sorry, not just say it. Help people out, not themselves. Attending church because apoligising makes them feel better is only helping themselves.

The Man
09-27-2005, 07:59 PM
I don't believe in hell. :monster:

Leeza
09-27-2005, 08:11 PM
Yes, I would have to believe the the biblical Hell first in order to go there and since I don't, then I guess I won't. :cat:

Chris
09-27-2005, 08:15 PM
When I die I'm hanging out with some friends of mine (worm and beetle). :cool:

Sess020
09-27-2005, 08:19 PM
I think im gunna end up rotting in the ground :|

bipper
09-27-2005, 08:25 PM
Nope, I wouldn't go there. Do athiests, and other religons go there? I dunno, I think it is a legitimate debate. In revelations, it hints towards a final chance to repent. Although people say it gives this opertunity only to those who are living, but then again, the dead shall walk again right?

I think that going to heaven leaves a better taste in my mouth than becomming plant fertilizer,.
:D

Bipper

Rye
09-27-2005, 08:29 PM
Nope. Just Limbo.

Ttly. I'm a good person, I'm just not religious.

Peegee
09-27-2005, 08:29 PM
I intend to go there, and live my life as such. I would be severely disappointed if there's an afterlife but no hell (or no hell for me).

Alive-Cat
09-27-2005, 08:30 PM
In Cidism, there is no hell...

Traitorfish
09-27-2005, 08:50 PM
Means nothing. I never used to beleive in the Loire Valley, and guess were I found myself last July.

I don't think I'm going to hell- I'm going to live forever. Not because I'm great or anything, but because God likes to tease me, and I don't think He wouldn't let me die so quickly. Damn it, I could even shoot myself in the head with a bazooka, and the rocket would just bounce around my head, before coming out my nose in a comical manner. Because God has no sense of humour.

Dreddz
09-27-2005, 08:52 PM
If there is a heaven and hell, Ill most likely go to hell :(

Ultima Shadow
09-27-2005, 08:52 PM
What do you mean? I'm already there!

Edit: Ops, sorry. I think I missconstrued the word "hell". I thought we were talking about BoB's bedroom. :-/

edczxcvbnm
09-27-2005, 08:53 PM
Hell? Fuck no bitches! I already have a spot on reserve in purgatory. It is gonna be MEH!

Brian The Pink Shark
09-27-2005, 08:55 PM
I'd like to think that im not going to hell, also to back up RPJesuseseses point, there are many church goers responsible for reat evil, Hitler was a churchgoer, there has been a lot of speculation of sexual abuse in priesthoods recently.

Also the bible states that belief in god is enough to get in

However my friend who is a Jehova's witness says that only a select few get into heaven and seats are apparently running out :choc:

Skarr
09-27-2005, 09:10 PM
if i'm not mistaken 300,000 people are said to enter its gates...and that's a low figure compared to the amount of individuals alive today...which is in the billions...i honestly don't know where i'm going...i know where i want to go...but its just that i'm so numb right now in my life. I don't do bad things but i try not to think of life as a burden where i have to follow a bunch of hypocrites...

Dude ~lets get wasted!!!! :beer:

Traitorfish
09-27-2005, 09:14 PM
I don't know... I once heard that someone had worked out, using the bible, how big heaven was. And, even if you consider that every human who ever lived or will live, assuming that the total who ever will live is 100 times that who have lived so far, we still get several dozen square miles each. Which either means animals are allowed, or there's a large amount of aliens...

Old Manus
09-27-2005, 09:30 PM
Nope. Just Limbo.
http://www.thelatinexperience.com/Gallery/2001%20Misc/Limbo%202001%20Palm%20Oasis.jpg

Giga Guess
09-27-2005, 09:33 PM
Well, APPARENTLY God has a thing for Sodomy, so....meh.

Winter Nights
09-27-2005, 09:48 PM
Indeed.

Sasquatch
09-27-2005, 09:53 PM
Going to church doesn't matter, only that you've asked forgiveness through Jesus Christ and believe it will be given. Yes, if even Hitler believed he'd be forgiven and prayed for it, he got in to Heaven. And you could be the Pope, but if you didn't believe, you wouldn't go to Heaven. And since I don't believe in the Catholic (not Christian) idea of Purgatory, it's either Heaven or Hell, right off the bat.

Actually, according to the Gospel, Jesus did go to Hell when he died.

And the "Seventh Circle of Hell" thing is just sarcasm. I'm in Wisconsin. Maybe only the Sixth Circle, until winter hits.

bipper
09-27-2005, 09:58 PM
And the "Seventh Circle of Hell" thing is just sarcasm. I'm in Wisconsin. Maybe only the Sixth Circle, until winter hits.

quoted cause i feel teh pain. Also, it is sought by some that Jesus simply died. It was a mistranslation (of sorts) that he was sent to hell. It is strange but makes sence a it clears up some of the Revalations talks, as well as a few sights in corinthians. Also, a lot of the fallen angels fell to earth, and await damnation.

Bipper

Traitorfish
09-27-2005, 10:04 PM
Here's an question: if Hell existed, would Judas be there?
He caused the death of Jesus, which is obviously bad, but he felt really guilty, so much so that he commited suicide.
I think that this means he was so sory, and so fully aware of what he had done. In fact, he'll be up there now, partying with Jesus, until someone mentions '20 pieces of silver' and everything goes all awkward and quiet for a while.

Sasquatch
09-27-2005, 10:05 PM
Where does it say any of them fell to earth? Near the beginning, the 1/3 of them that followed Lucifer were made into Demons and sent to Hell.

As for Jesus being sent to Hell, he went down to steal to keys to life and death, I believe, from Satan.

bipper
09-27-2005, 10:10 PM
Thats somthing we don't know. I would think he would be, as he was very sorry and his work was intricle into the plan of Jesus. The suicide thing might be a big black mark in the book of life though.

I wonder how hell is supposed to be. Those who accept Jesus as thier savior get eternal life. Those who don't eternal damnation. To be damned and tortured for an eternity, don't you have to be alive? Kind gives a spin on God's meaning of alive eh?

Sasquatch:

And there was war in heaven. <b>Michael</b> and his angels fought against the dragon, and the dragon and his angels fought back. But he was not strong enough, and they lost their place in heaven. The great dragon was hurled down—that ancient serpent called the devil, or Satan, who leads the whole world astray. He was hurled to the earth, and his angels with him .

That is in Revelations though. There is are other referances, but that is the first one I found. In hebrews and a few others it mentions Satan and his closest (assumingly seraphs) being sentanced to the abyss.
Bipper

Skarr
09-27-2005, 10:56 PM
if Hell existed, would Judas be there?

According to a very old book (not the bible mind you), in the center of hell lies a dragon with three heads… in his middle head lays Judas. This meant that the worst spot in hell was reserved for traitors. However there is no truth to this mainly because no one has ever been to hell and came back to earth to tell about it, neither heaven. While Jesus did die and came back, he spoke of nothing of his time from earth’s plain. In fact no one really knows for sure what heaven or hell looks like mainly because the bible tells so little of them.

boris no no
09-27-2005, 11:04 PM
i wasn't christened or whatever
so i am going to limbo :D

The Summoner of Leviathan
09-27-2005, 11:11 PM
Don't believe in hell, so nope.

JaytodaP
09-27-2005, 11:27 PM
Definatley. On Halloween ( I dont care how old I am, I like the sugary goodness of Twix) last year, I didnt know this guy was a priest, and I was dressed in a Devil costume, and I hissed and made noises and he fainted. and then the wife came out with holy water and dumped it on me. I'm surprised she wasn't saying, " The Power of Christ Compells You!"

RSL
09-27-2005, 11:30 PM
If there is a hell then I am sure that I will be there eventually.

bipper
09-27-2005, 11:32 PM
But RSL, there are no Lions in hell. (I think)

udsuna
09-27-2005, 11:33 PM
Hmm.... Bisexual.... worships Goddess.... engages in premarital sex as often as convenient.... is abolutely unapologetic about these facts.... yeah, if the Judaic and Christian paradigm is correct, I'm going to be in so deep that I'll need an bathyscope to find the bottom.

Craig
09-27-2005, 11:34 PM
I'll most likely go to Hell if it exists, I think most people will.

Yuffie514
09-27-2005, 11:55 PM
no way. gonna live a life soon where Donald Trump will be envious of.

DMKA
09-27-2005, 11:58 PM
Going to church doesn't matter, only that you've asked forgiveness through Jesus Christ and believe it will be given. Yes, if even Hitler believed he'd be forgiven and prayed for it, he got in to Heaven. And you could be the Pope, but if you didn't believe, you wouldn't go to Heaven. And since I don't believe in the Catholic (not Christian) idea of Purgatory, it's either Heaven or Hell, right off the bat.
LOL

rubah
09-28-2005, 12:10 AM
Hell is the eternal separation from God in the presence of sin, or something I think:O it may or may not be firey~

I like to think I'll go to Heaven. in-grained modesty makes me want to add the doubt to that statement, but to be certain of one's salvation is a mark of faith, so I try not to xD

bipper
09-28-2005, 12:42 AM
Hell is firey brimstone as per Revelations. Its so debatable. But the lions do not exist there either way, but Detroit does.

Jebus
09-28-2005, 12:56 AM
Eh, I'd rather not go to heaven anyway. Spending eternity worshiping and singing praises to god doesn't seem like an enjoyable experience. And it's supposed to be a REWARD for being good.

Anyway, that's why I hate the idea of heaven. Good deeds should be done because they're good, not because you get some cosmic reward for them.

kikimm
09-28-2005, 01:09 AM
I'll just say I think I'm going to heaven.

Kirobaito
09-28-2005, 01:14 AM
If I do, then I really didn't do it right.

GooeyToast
09-28-2005, 01:15 AM
Hell, because I'm so gosh darn hot. :cool:

JaytodaP
09-28-2005, 01:25 AM
It makes me think about my existance. Am I living in someone elses dream?
When I die does my life continue on as someone else? You know stuff like that. It makes you think....... And if time travel were ever invented, does that mean everything is supposed to happen and I have no control over what does or doesen't? For example: Was I supposed to not study for my Science test?

The Man
09-28-2005, 02:57 AM
It makes me think about my existance. Am I living in someone elses dream?
When I die does my life continue on as someone else? You know stuff like that. It makes you think....... And if time travel were ever invented, does that mean everything is supposed to happen and I have no control over what does or doesen't? For example: Was I supposed to not study for my Science test?How do you know you exist? Maybe we don't exist. [/vivi]

Calliope
09-28-2005, 03:21 AM
Yes, but I believe it will be very, very cold there.

eestlinc
09-28-2005, 03:28 AM
I'll find out when I get there, but I'm not in any hurry to die and find out.

fire_of_avalon
09-28-2005, 03:39 AM
Definatley. On Halloween ( I dont care how old I am, I like the sugary goodness of Twix) last year, I didnt know this guy was a priest, and I was dressed in a Devil costume, and I hissed and made noises and he fainted. and then the wife came out with holy water and dumped it on me. I'm surprised she wasn't saying, " The Power of Christ Compells You!"
Priests don't have wives. They're celibate.

I don't think about this often, because the thought of not living on earth scares the poop out of me. A lot of things about the possibility of the afterlife scare me. I'm starting to feel queasy already, so I'm going to stop talking about it. Suffice to say, I'm going to live the best I can live. I believe in Christ and his divinity, but I also believe there are other divine humans who have walked among us, and most probably there are some today. I think I will emulate those teachings, and be happy.

The Man
09-28-2005, 03:41 AM
Priests don't have wives. They're celibate. I was under the impression that was only the case in Catholicism.

eestlinc
09-28-2005, 03:45 AM
well, I thought priests were necessarily Catholic.

The Man
09-28-2005, 03:51 AM
Perhaps. I've never really been clear as to what, if any, the linguistic distinction between ministers of different denominations was.

rubah
09-28-2005, 04:16 AM
in presbyterianism, you have to be ordained by . . .er, either synod or the presbytery to be a minister. Otherwise you're just. . . either a pastor or just a supply xD

I need to read my little notebook on it again xD

But our preacher will hopefully be ordained next week:D he's been preaching there longer than I've been going.

Kirobaito
09-28-2005, 04:25 AM
Perhaps. I've never really been clear as to what, if any, the linguistic distinction between ministers of different denominations was.
Baptists believe in the priesthood of all Believers, thus reject the term 'priest' to dignify any sort of superiority over other Believers. We call our ministers pastors, and they deliver sermons and help people. Baptists are congregationalists, so each church can choose its pastor based on their own standards and requirements.

Optium
09-28-2005, 04:34 AM
Sigh, you can't be "sent" anywhere. Haven't you ever heard "the gates of
hell are locked from the inside"?

People choose hell over heaven because hell looks to them like heaven.
All the other crap is dumbed down doctrine that's completely untrue.

At least from a Christian perspective.

.opt

Slade
09-28-2005, 05:58 AM
I was already hurled into the fiery abyss. (y'all know to what im referring) But i was reserrected as a henchman of the devil, and being his right hand man I can tell all you are going to be flung into eternal damnation filled with Teletubbies and old hobos demanding for sponge baths.

ThroneofDravaris
09-28-2005, 10:27 AM
If I go to Hell, then you're all f@#$ed.

Winter Nights
09-28-2005, 10:50 AM
All of this is why I'd gladly take hell over heaven, if such places existed.

Rinoa_Heartillly
09-28-2005, 10:52 AM
Hoooo Yeah, I believe I'll be there. XD

Brian The Pink Shark
09-28-2005, 01:18 PM
He caused the death of Jesus, which is obviously bad, but he felt really guilty, so much so that he commited suicide.
I think that this means he was so sory, and so fully aware of what he had done. In fact, he'll be up there now, partying with Jesus, until someone mentions '20 pieces of silver' and everything goes all awkward and quiet for a while.

some theologians say that it was predicted that someone would betray christ, christ knew this and wanted it as it was required to save the human race, so in a way Judas helped out lots there and is probably drinking ambrosia with him right now :choc:

Captain Maxx Power
09-28-2005, 01:44 PM
Commiting suicide is a big no-no in many religions, as your life is to be relinquished by God, not by yourself. It's probably equal to killing another person, same principal, different target. However every sin is considered equal in the eyes of the Lord, so a person who did everything right except lying once about eating all the chocolate, and a mass-murderer who raped children, stole food from hobos, and had his end away constantly, are both equally prunable unless they ask for forgiveness. Then again a person with a perfect life who doesn't follow Jesus is also destined for Hell.

What's interesting is how the idea of the knowledge of Jesus works. It goes like this. If you go your entire life without hearing the word of Jesus, say if you're some random tribesmen, then you're given the benefit of the doubt so to speak. However, the moment you hear the word of Jesus, then you're obliged to either follow his teachings and devote your life to him, or go straight to Hell. Now comes the interesting part. Once you become a Christian, part of your duties is to "save" people by bringing them the word of Jesus. But it's somewhat backwards, as once you've told someone of the Word, you've essentially condemned them unless they also follow Jesus. A cunning scheme to be sure.

This all, of course, is completely irrelevant if you happen to be anything but a Christian. I would be an atheist. So I'd say black abyss of nothingness for me. I probably won't even know I'm dead, since my brain will have been starved of oxygen, thusly causing me to lose all thinking ability.

Brak
09-28-2005, 03:01 PM
Judas is forever damned to suffer on the 9th level of hell,
along with the traitors Brutus and Cain.

I forget which part of the Bible it's in, but it's there.

Anyhoo, keeping with the religious theme, I told a little girl
there was no such thing as Santa, The Easter Bunny, etc on
Easter Sunday.

RPJesus
09-28-2005, 05:08 PM
In Cidism, there is no hell...
Cidism?

I already have a spot on reserve in purgatory. It is gonna be MEH!
Yeah, I'm a purgatory man mysef. Y'know, SERGIO PURGATORY MASTER OF THE FIVE REALMS. Alternate persona :D

Actually, according to the Gospel, Jesus did go to Hell when he died.
Really? He shouldn't be the last guy to go there? In fact, because he was so far from 'evil' it makes sense that he was there. Who else would you trust? And he's a strong guy.
Also, I didn't mean Jesus, I meant a Jesus. Like myself. But if the main Jesus man can get in to hell, then so can a little one like me. Unless, like I said, it's 'cause he was so good that he was in hell. In that case, I don't know if I'm authorised.

I knew you were joking. I was joking. Ha ha ha, he he he, Willy Wonka, Wil...

Sasquatch
09-28-2005, 06:29 PM

You disagree so strongly with the concept of forgiveness?

Commiting suicide is a big no-no in many religions, as your life is to be relinquished by God, not by yourself. It's probably equal to killing another person, same principal, different target.

True. A lot of people say suicide means Hell because there's no chance for you to ask forgiveness after you kill yourself, which is a sin. But many believe that asking forgiveness means forgiveness for everything we have done and everything we will ever do...which makes sense, unless your Catholic and confess everything to a priest.

However every sin is considered equal in the eyes of the Lord, so a person who did everything right except lying once about eating all the chocolate, and a mass-murderer who raped children, stole food from hobos, and had his end away constantly, are both equally prunable unless they ask for forgiveness.

Very true. The concept is that one sin makes us unworthy to be in Heaven with God, unless we're forgiven for it. One little white lie or the most sinful life you can imagine, and either way, we're not worthy, unless we're forgiven.

Then again a person with a perfect life who doesn't follow Jesus is also destined for Hell.

If it was possible to live a "perfect life", we wouldn't need forgiveness. And if somebody did live a perfect life, with absolutely no sin whatsoever, they would get into Heaven.

I would be an atheist. So I'd say black abyss of nothingness for me. I probably won't even know I'm dead, since my brain will have been starved of oxygen, thusly causing me to lose all thinking ability.

Of course, what we believe won't affect what will happen...if I believe I'll be turned into a chicken when I die, that doesn't mean I will.

Haunted
09-28-2005, 08:20 PM
well i dont beleive in hell buy if it exists im on a one way trip there

Traitorfish
09-28-2005, 08:48 PM

some theologians say that it was predicted that someone would betray christ, christ knew this and wanted it as it was required to save the human race, so in a way Judas helped out lots there and is probably drinking ambrosia with him right now :choc:
Interesting... I never thought of it like that before.

Judas is forever damned to suffer on the 9th level of hell,
along with the traitors Brutus and Cain.
You know, according to Dante's Inferno, the inner-most part of hell is a frozen lake, and the worst murderers are frozen, up to the neck, in it. In the middle of it sits big old Satan, and the very worst people, traitors and the like, are actually frozen up to the neck inside Satan's mouth.
Of course, it is important to make a destinction between traitors and traitorfish, who are not evil, but are abso-smegging-lutely brilliant, and end up partying with Jesus, after living for half a million years of being bloody great. Cos were just that great!

Winter Nights
09-28-2005, 09:39 PM

Nope, just in everything your God stands for. Which, BTW, isn't forgiveness.

Samuraid
09-28-2005, 09:41 PM
Going to hell?

No. I am completely sure of it.

rubah
09-28-2005, 10:40 PM
Really? He shouldn't be the last guy to go there?

Jesus was crucified to be the ultimate sacrifice to save from the death of the soul that sin brings. The Jews had used animal sacrifices that had to be performed countless many times, but Jesus' death as a perfect person was the sacrifice that lasts for ever and for everyone.

He was a part of God to be perfect, and Jesus was human so that he could die. "Fully God and fully man"

However, the wages of sin is death, and since Jesus was given the sins of all men for all times to be his, it stands to reason that he must go to Hell for it. The days in hell aren't elaborated on, but forty days after that was the ascension back to heaven ^_^

Traitorfish
09-28-2005, 10:43 PM
I heard that- he had to do something to forgive mankind of their sins, so people could go to heaven- apparently, before him, no one was aloud into heaven, but afterwards, people were. Though, if you heard some tell it, you'd find it hard to believe that were not all going straight to hell.

Sasquatch
09-28-2005, 11:13 PM

It's fairly obvious you don't know much about what "my God" stands for. Especially considering that you don't know who "my God" is -- I've helped to explain Christianity. But let me get this straight...we're all sinners, and "my God" is willing to forgive us to let us get into Heaven instead of going to Hell like we deserve...and that's bad?

Skarr
09-28-2005, 11:16 PM
Boy pleanty of you guys are going to hell at least so you've said and living in it or have been there...dude

bipper
09-30-2005, 09:21 PM
Then again a person with a perfect life who doesn't follow Jesus is also destined for Hell.

If it was possible to live a "perfect life", we wouldn't need forgiveness. And if somebody did live a perfect life, with absolutely no sin whatsoever, they would get into Heaven.

We are born into sin, since the origional sin. If that means that I have the sins of all my fathers on my head, I have a LOT of explaining to do :D

I know, Cain is called a traitor, but I don't get why he was. He killed Abel. Murderer, not a traiter in my eyes. When I read the story, and several references, I figured that the Idea of murder had not been around yet, and so Cain creating this sin, was a huge mistake. It has been said he felt guilt or anger afterwards, before he was banished. Thus, I have seen it as the conception of violence. Anyways, the action had not been strictly forbidden before that. Though, it was obviously a sin, it seems that Cain may have felt guild as he wandered into the land of Nod. Either way, I hope he found peace. Though I am sure the flood wiped out his reminance, and the pestulance of his kindred.

Also, to celar up another point, as Opt had stated, the gates of hell are locked from the inside. When a Christian dies, the go to sleep with the lord, and wait for judgement. Revelations states that the gates/jaws will be opened etc. The dead rise to be judged as such. The dead in the area of the crucifiction were also resurected on the day of Christ's death. Interesting enough.

Jesus was the first to die and be ressurected. This is definatley stated all over the NT. Jesus did this, so that all faithful followers could obtain the gift of heaven. Anywas, yes, to await judgment, we sleep with the lord. When we awake, we are to be judged.

Bipper

Optium
09-30-2005, 10:58 PM
But bip, you're still using the word judgement. That connotes someone
else judging the person who died, when in fact the actual doctrine is that
when a Christian dies, they have the ability to choose either heaven or
hell. To those whose perspectives are corrupted by sin, hell looks like
heaven. For instance, someone who only cares about money might see
flowing rivers of gold, and all the power and beautiful women he can
imagine. So he will choose that.

Actually the movie What Dreams May Come paints a pretty accurate
portrait of heaven...though hell has a few more fallacies. Anyway, one of
the best scenes is where Robin Williams is slowly beginning to get used to
his surroundings. He asks Cuba Gooding Jr., "where's God in all of this?"
Cuba says that God is out there, screaming down at the top of his lungs
and wondering why we can't hear him. This is purgatory, but once Williams
starts to "hear" God calling him, he enters heaven. Those in hell have lost
the ability, through their own will, to hear God calling. So anyone who
wanted to leave hell could if they just listen to God calling them. But
they won't because they've been corrupted.

This is the judgment, that the light has come into the world, and men loved the darkness rather than the light; for their works were evil. For everyone who does evil hates the light, and doesn’t come to the light, lest his works would be exposed. But he who does the truth comes to the light, that his works may be revealed, that they have been done in God.

Keep in mind this is just doctrine, not personal belief.

.opt

bipper
10-01-2005, 01:35 PM
What Dreams May Come was a sweet, great movie. Easily in my top tens. I wouldn't feel that the movie did much justice to the views of heaven, but I put more stock in thier view of hell. The eternal abyss, the firey brimstone, the jaws of hell, all seem to illude to more than a mere existance with false principles.

That aside, I guess the lines of judgment that you speak of are completley different than mine. That aside, either way you precieve judgment, it comes with the revelations as it is clearly pointed out there, in mathew, and somewhat in John. Revelations was written direcly by john as well. That is worth a note.

Bipper

Optium
10-01-2005, 05:07 PM
I base the comments about What Dreams May Come on my Doctrine
teacher of last year (who spent the majority of his life studying doctrine)
so while I may not believe it myself, I do believe that he knows about
what the church's teachings are. We watched the movie in that class and
he pointed out a lot of things. Many of the things that are in the movie,
regarding both heaven and hell, are completely up in the air because there
are a lot of aspects which the church says nothing about, because they
can say nothing about them simply due to the fact that they have no
idea.

Basically what I'm getting at though is that most people have the
completely wrong idea of both heaven and hell because the way they are
taught in church is...dumbed down for the masses. Whereas if you have
45 minutes a day 5 days a week to study what the church TRULY
teaches, then you begin to understand that everything is figurative,
and everything is a metaphor which takes an incredible amount of time
and effort to truly understand.

.opt

Old Manus
10-01-2005, 05:15 PM
This thread is worthy of EoEO.

bipper
10-01-2005, 05:46 PM
Yes opt, I do agree with you in many instances.
The only doctrin I read is a lil book called the Bible. I read it quite a bit, and I still precieve hell as being painful, torment of nonexistance. Heaven has a lot of defferent descriptions, and I do agree that that movie had a lot of very close overtones to it.

I just think that we wait for revelations, and the end of the world as we know it, before we stand to be judged. However, Jesus says that tommorow I will see you in heven to one of the theves whome was crucified by him. Some say this means that people die, and go to heaven. Some think it means that when we die, we sleep and the end judgment comes very fast. Its all up to interpetation really.

I don't claim I know 100% about Heaven or Hell, just what I have read out of the Bible. :love:
Bipper

Optium
10-01-2005, 06:05 PM
Ya man, I hear that, I'm just saying that I think our perception of judgement
isn't even close to what was really meant.

As for the ideas about the amount of time we wait, or whatnot, the
teaching is normally that those realms are outside of time. So when they
say time is infinite, and you spend eternity in heaven or hell, that doesn't
really mean a long time. That's how we perceive it because it's all we
know, but instead of thinking of it as "eternity" think of it as "all at once."

The doctrine teacher was telling us about this, and he drew on the
board a horizontal line. Then he intersected it near the end with a vertical
one and was talking about how time on the right side was our time in
heaven, and the left side of the line was our time on earth. But then he
extended the line on the right, and he erased it again and made it even
shorter this time, and it went on but he was trying to display that time
is relative and that if you're outside of time altogether, then eternity
isn't a long time, it's just the state of being...in a sense. I came up with
an idea and I showed it to him. Instead of drawing 2 lines to represent
the two stages of existance, I drew one line, and then after that line I
simply put a dot. He liked the idea but he said "why is the line straight?"
Instead, he erased the line and drew a circle around the dot to show
that heaven doesn't necessarily come AFTER life, but rather it is always
just above, below, beside, etc life.

It's so hard to articulate this type of thing, but spending a lot of time in
that class was really what it took. Thinking constantly and asking
questions is the only way to really start to grasp that stuff. Of course
the first step in thinking is obviously reading the Bible, but if you ever
have the chance to take any type of philosophy of Catholicism/doctrine
course, I think you'd find it very interesting.

.opt

Winter Nights
10-01-2005, 06:40 PM

It's fairly obvious you don't know much about what "my God" stands for. Especially considering that you don't know who "my God" is -- I've helped to explain Christianity. But let me get this straight...we're all sinners, and "my God" is willing to forgive us to let us get into Heaven instead of going to Hell like we deserve...and that's bad?
Not going here. This thread isn't for debate. I have an opinion and it isn't the same as yours. Get over this and drop it.

Sasquatch
10-01-2005, 09:06 PM
Bipper and Opt have some good points, and raise some interesting questions. Especially regarding time -- in life, afterlife, and between the two.

Not going here. This thread isn't for debate. I have an opinion and it isn't the same as yours. Get over this and drop it.

I hadn't posted here in three days. What's your problem?

Del Murder
10-01-2005, 09:30 PM
I think I'll be ok. Heaven sounds pretty good, I don't know why anyone would choose Hell over Heaven, but I don't believe in either so it's really a moot point.

Odaisé Gaelach
10-01-2005, 09:31 PM
...This meant that the worst spot in hell was reserved for traitors...

:shifty:

Winter Nights
10-01-2005, 09:45 PM
Bipper and Opt have some good points, and raise some interesting questions. Especially regarding time -- in life, afterlife, and between the two.

I hadn't posted here in three days. What's your problem?

it's a forum, it doesn't really matter much. If it was a chat room, then you'd have a decent point.

Mwahahaha... ;)

Actually, since I hadn't been in this thread in three days, it really doesn't matter when you posted. And all I said was that I wasn't getting into this subject again. :rolleyes2

Del Murder
10-01-2005, 10:17 PM
Isn't arguing about getting into that subject just as bad as getting into it?

DMKA
10-01-2005, 11:18 PM
No.

Winter Nights
10-02-2005, 02:04 AM
Isn't arguing about getting into that subject just as bad as getting into it?
Probably. I'll leave it alone.

RPJesus
10-02-2005, 04:57 PM
I think I'll be ok. Heaven sounds pretty good, I don't know why anyone would choose Hell over Heaven, but I don't believe in either so it's really a moot point.
People say they'd choose Hell over Heaven because they think it makes them sound cool. Y'know, dark :shifty: or whatever.

Optium
10-02-2005, 05:34 PM
Exactly. Though it's wierd to see someone with a Manson sig say that. ;P

.opt

Iceglow
10-02-2005, 08:28 PM
I made a deal with god when I die I get to go to hell and rule there. Apparently theres some crap with Lui not doing his job properly and going old and soft so God kinda wants me to go there and liven things up again. Yet to be a truly evil devilishly handsome kinda opponent for God to have to put up with I am taking all the brimstone out the entire lot... I know, I know sufferring and all that is supposedly what hell is about but thats what God really wants down there isn't it? So out with all the brimstone (apart from a lil corner that I'm going to seal off so the truly evil ones can go there) I mean most people going to hell did what today? Be gay? Enjoy Anal pleasures? take drugs? end their miserable lives themselves? wheres the problem with any of that? I mean the catholic church said so so God holds true to it otherwise God is falliable and that would be a bad thing...whole world of trouble then. I'm going to make hell green...literally fields of weed, we all get a lil high and then the kinky stuff can happen if ya like it to. I'm open to all offers of joining me and the rest I can just take :cool:

So who wants in?

Ok before a banning takes place for this I am not serious but wouldnt it be cool if I was serious?

Sasquatch
10-02-2005, 10:02 PM
If I may, DMKA?

I made a deal with god when I die I get to go to hell and rule there. Apparently theres some crap with Lui not doing his job properly and going old and soft so God kinda wants me to go there and liven things up again. Yet to be a truly evil devilishly handsome kinda opponent for God to have to put up with I am taking all the brimstone out the entire lot... I know, I know sufferring and all that is supposedly what hell is about but thats what God really wants down there isn't it? So out with all the brimstone (apart from a lil corner that I'm going to seal off so the truly evil ones can go there) I mean most people going to hell did what today? Be gay? Enjoy Anal pleasures? take drugs? end their miserable lives themselves? wheres the problem with any of that? I mean the catholic church said so so God holds true to it otherwise God is falliable and that would be a bad thing...whole world of trouble then. I'm going to make hell green...literally fields of weed, we all get a lil high and then the kinky stuff can happen if ya like it to. I'm open to all offers of joining me and the rest I can just take :cool:

So who wants in?

Ok before a banning takes place for this I am not serious but wouldnt it be cool if I was serious?

Fail.

DMKA
10-02-2005, 10:03 PM
Oh, by all means. :D

bipper
10-02-2005, 11:06 PM
LMAO... too funny!

Leeza
10-02-2005, 11:21 PM
Not...and since insults are starting, I'll close this.