PDA

View Full Version : FFT references.

boys from the dwarf
09-28-2005, 07:48 AM
FF12 is set in the world of ivalice which is the same as the final fantasy tactics world. what are the references and what is the differences in the time period if anyone knows.

Masamuneˇ1600
09-28-2005, 05:24 PM
Not necessarily. In FFT, Ivalice was a essentially a continent, whereas it appears to be the entirety of the planet in FFXII. Further, FFT was rather homogenous as far as sentient species went; there wasn't really anything beyond the human race. FFXII, like FFTA, incorporates a plentitude of other species, such as the Viera. This doesn't mean, of course, that FFTA and FFXII are connected; given the nature of FFTA, actually, such a scenario is literally impossible.

Ultimately, at this point, it's difficult to determine what, if anything, connects FFT and FFXII. I really wouldn't be surprised if SE tried to link FFT and FFXII in some direct way, but (given how little information we really have about FFXII) it's presently impossible to determine this.

boys from the dwarf
09-28-2005, 07:38 PM
Not necessarily. In FFT, Ivalice was a essentially a continent, whereas it appears to be the entirety of the planet in FFXII. Further, FFT was rather homogenous as far as sentient species went; there wasn't really anything beyond the human race. FFXII, like FFTA, incorporates a plentitude of other species, such as the Viera. This doesn't mean, of course, that FFTA and FFXII are connected; given the nature of FFTA, actually, such a scenario is literally impossible.

Ultimately, at this point, it's difficult to determine what, if anything, connects FFT and FFXII. I really wouldn't be surprised if SE tried to link FFT and FFXII in some direct way, but (given how little information we really have about FFXII) it's presently impossible to determine this.
but its still the same location isnt it?

Behold the Void
09-28-2005, 08:22 PM
No, it isn't. It's the same name but it isn't the Ivalice of FFT nor is it the Ivalice of FFTA. Although it does seem far more connected to FFTA, especially given the appearance of some of the characters, such as the judge-like characters.

Mirage
09-28-2005, 08:59 PM
I don't get why people are so worked up about the name of the world. I mean, how many games haven't called their world "Gaia" or something like that? That doesn't mean they have anything to do with each others.

boys from the dwarf
09-28-2005, 09:47 PM
thanks. i havent played Ff12 FFT or FFTA but i haerd that there are some similaritys. but im almost certain that some of the summons are the same. E.G addramalech or altima.

Winter Nights
09-28-2005, 10:14 PM
Think of them as alternate universe versions of each other. They have similarities, but aren't the same.

boys from the dwarf
09-29-2005, 07:52 AM
o.k. thanks.

Bowser
10-01-2005, 02:06 AM
Am I the only one who has had ENOUGH of Ivalice? :hot:

Roogle
10-01-2005, 02:58 AM
I read somewhere that the Final Fantasy game that the characters of Final Fantasy Tactics Advance were playing was Final Fantasy XII.

That would explain the Ivalice connection for those two games, at least, and the way that the two games share the different species.

Kawaii Ryűkishi
10-01-2005, 03:12 AM
The Final Fantasy game that the kids in FFTA play isn't FFXII.

http://norbert-x.com/rock/userfiles/Kishi/doned.png

Roogle
10-01-2005, 04:13 AM
I think it was based more off the fact that there's going to be an Adrammalech in Final Fantasy XII and the races found in both games.

It obviously wasn't a confirmed fact, though.