PDA

View Full Version : Embarressing but...

redxiiii
09-28-2005, 01:53 PM
Whats the longest time it has ever taken you to complete this game has there ever been a boss you were stuck on for apsalutley ages??
The first time I compleated this game it was an unbelivable battle it lasted 2 years, I was only 8 by the way so I compleated the game when I was ten. Anyway it took me so long because well I didn't even use materia because I didn't know how, and unbelivably I got to the boss battle at the end of the motorcycle mini game, I got killed and gave up for ages and then I tried again beat it then saved it and then disc 1 got damaged so I had to wait about a year and then, I must of had a good streak going because I realised how to use materia and then compleated it. lol

Winter Nights
09-28-2005, 02:11 PM
You know what else is embarrassing? Your punctuation, spelling and grammar skills.

I can safely say I've never been in a situation similar to yours. How could you not have known how to use materia? It explains it in the manual and even gives a demonstration of it in the game.
Wow.. That was really uncalled for. His post may not have been that good, but it was still far better than some others. At least he tried.

As for not knowing how to use materia. Not everyone can grasp the complexities of an RPG at 8 years-old. Granted, some can.. But not all. This is Final Fantasy, not Super Mario Bros. :rolleyes2

Anyhoo.. I can't say I had this problem specifically. It did take me several months to beat it the first way through, but that was due to me not gaming at all. School and /xxx.gif/xxx.gif/xxx.gif/xxx.gif was in my way. :)

redxiiii
09-28-2005, 02:12 PM
You know what else is embarrassing? Your punctuation, spelling and grammar skills.

I can safely say I've never been in a situation similar to yours. How could you not have known how to use materia? It explains it in the manual and even gives a demonstration of it in the game.
Wow.. That was really uncalled for. His post may not have been that good, but it was still far better than some others. At least he tried.

As for not knowing how to use materia. Not everyone can grasp the complexities of an RPG at 8 years-old. Granted, some can.. But not all. This is Final Fantasy, not Super Mario Bros. :rolleyes2

Anyhoo.. Can't say I had this problem specifically. It did take me several months to beat it the first way through, but that was due to me not gaming at all. School and /xxx.gif/xxx.gif/xxx.gif/xxx.gif was in my way. :)
Thanx for that but I think I should just ask an admin to delete this thread.

Winter Nights
09-28-2005, 02:14 PM
It's up to you, but personally.. I wouldn't have it closed, just cause someone wants to be a dick.

boys from the dwarf
09-28-2005, 03:30 PM
the most embarrasing for me was when i couldnt find key of the ancient for 2.5 years. and it was so obvious once i thought about where it was buried.

Luke-TF
09-28-2005, 03:47 PM
what's more embarassing is, i can't finish the game because my game crashes at cosmo canyon

can anyone help me with this?

Crop
09-28-2005, 04:15 PM
It took me about 3 years to complete the game. Who cares? I enjoyed it and thats what mattered I didnt try to complete it as fast as I could.

Winter Nights
09-28-2005, 05:08 PM
I enjoyed it and thats what mattered I didnt try to complete it as fast as I could.
Indeed.

Destai
09-28-2005, 05:14 PM
That was uber un called for Forest Owl. His spelling and grammer wasnt bad and plenty of people (8 year olds are no exception apparently) dont take in the whole explanation the first time. Some just press X constantly so they can carry on with the game.

It took me ages to pass seven the first play through. It was 1997 and while I dont know when I started playing I didnt beat it till christmas.

Sephex
09-28-2005, 05:25 PM

WHOA! What an original post! Making fun of someone on the internet! That's never been done before! It's sad that you have to make fun of someone as a child to make yourself feel better.

Anyway, I over levled myself the first time I played through the game. I don't even want to say what level I was on before the end of disc one. It's crazy.

DK
09-28-2005, 05:43 PM
Anyway, I over levled myself the first time I played through the game. I don't even want to say what level I was on before the end of disc one. It's crazy.

Say it say it say it say it.

Shoden
09-28-2005, 06:12 PM
first time I put it down at some point before cosmo canyon and I never knew where yto go. I deleted the game and restarted earlier this year and finished it.

53 hoursfirst time but then I trained and beat weapons and /xxx.gif/xxx.gif/xxx.gif/xxx.gif. 80 hours now.

GunbladeMaster
09-28-2005, 07:26 PM
took me 3 weeks. i beat all the sidequests and i found it to be the easiest final fantasy i ever played.

Sephex
09-28-2005, 08:02 PM

Say it say it say it say it.

Dreddz
09-28-2005, 08:20 PM
I never gave up on it, I died in places, but never left it. Took around a month to complete first time.....

KoShiatar
09-28-2005, 10:01 PM
I never had too many problems but I admitt I used a walkthrough whenever I was stuck.
I stayed stuck for a long time after the Schizo boss battle at Gaea cliff because stupid Cloud apparently couldn't climb the mountain.

BottledJustice
09-28-2005, 11:01 PM
Wow, 61? That's insane. I don't understand how you could take that much. I spent about two and a half hours in the mythril mines getting all my limit breaks this time through, and I thought I would die. I had all level 35s and had a LOT of gil for that point. But now I'm on Disc 2 and flying through it. (Having Great Gospel, Meteorain, Cosmo Memory, and Big Guard for that Demon Gate in the Temple of the Ancients is just stupid. It wasn't even worth casting the Gospel or the Guard, since the other two killed it. Makes a good story, though.)

I don't know if there was one boss that gave me a lot of trouble, except Emmy, of course. But my game timer has been maxed for so long. I've probably played around 300 hours or more on my main game. I was bored, so I went to the Gelnika and maxed some stats on Cloud. He now has an almost instantly filled ATB bar, and gets a critical hit every time. But it did take a good while, getting at most, 4 sources a fight. But, I gotta say, getting all criticals on an Omnislash sure sounds awesome.

Karl
09-29-2005, 12:05 AM
i never beat this game, i got to where i give red13's grandpa the huge materia's and got the key of the ancients, there is some barrier preventing me from going in this crater with the airship and i got bored, that was 3 years ago and i loaded it a few weeks ago and went there on foot and some guy comes out of a house thats there and says i cant go into the barrier cuz its too dangerous, too lazy to look online so w/e

Skyblade
09-29-2005, 01:36 AM
i never beat this game, i got to where i give red13's grandpa the huge materia's and got the key of the ancients, there is some barrier preventing me from going in this crater with the airship and i got bored, that was 3 years ago and i loaded it a few weeks ago and went there on foot and some guy comes out of a house thats there and says i cant go into the barrier cuz its too dangerous, too lazy to look online so w/e

Yeah, you don't go to the Crater yet, you should take on Diamond WEAPON first, then take the Highwind over Midgar and parachute in to take care of Hojo.

DarkLord
09-29-2005, 03:16 PM
Impressive, but, stupid as it sounds. I've gotten to level twenty four in the Sector one mako reactor right at the start of the game. It got so boring!

boys from the dwarf
09-29-2005, 03:49 PM
what's more embarassing is, i can't finish the game because my game crashes at cosmo canyon

can anyone help me with this?
get a replacement. buy another FF7 or borrow the game of your friends if they have a copy.

redxiiii
09-29-2005, 04:38 PM
Impressive, but, stupid as it sounds. I've gotten to level twenty four in the Sector one mako reactor right at the start of the game. It got so boring!

Yeah I've done that before you just go to the entrance of the reactor and keep battalin till there is like 15 seconds left and then run!!!

Daryl
09-30-2005, 01:59 AM
Whats the longest time it has ever taken you to complete this game

I've actually never finished it. I've played it off and on for a few years.

Leeza
09-30-2005, 04:21 AM
I've been playing this game on and off for about three or so years now and I'm still on Disc 1. I just can't seem to get the time to just sit and play it for any length of time.

DK
09-30-2005, 11:24 AM

xD Dude. I'm usually level 61 by the time I should be heading off to the northern crater (before subquests). That's pretty insane. But how the hell did you manage that? It must have taken years.

Shiva87
10-01-2005, 06:30 AM
I'm really happy I finished Final Fantasy 7 in only 2 weeks with not all but most of the materia including Ultima and all but 1 summon the Knights of the Round table which I'm have trouble gettin I know it can only be reached with a gold chocobo but o well the ending is so worth it not gonna give spoilers. :p

Chris
10-01-2005, 02:25 PM
The longest is probably something like a month or so.

Bowser
10-01-2005, 06:49 PM
It took me 51 hours :exdee: What was weird was, when I finished the game, everyone was level 51 :whaaa:

KoShiatar
10-01-2005, 09:51 PM
So 1 hour per level? :P

xX.Silver.Wings.Xx
10-02-2005, 01:47 PM
I've only just started to play it properly again yesterday... I can't remember how long it took me to complete last time, but I always take ages to beat Materia Keeper in Nibeheim.

Fonzie
10-08-2005, 06:03 AM
I got lucky with the Materia Keeper and i think it took me like 80 hours or more to beat it. I played it when i was 7(FF7 O_o) and i didn't have good materia uberness and i could never beat septhy. Now i'm 14 and i beat it like a month ago. I'm going to buy Advent Chlidren the week XD~

Rengori
10-08-2005, 07:30 AM
The longest is probably something like a month or so.

took me 3 weeks. i beat all the sidequests and i found it to be the easiest final fantasy i ever played.
"People with too much time on their hands..."
It took me two years to complete VII, but only because I was 9 and didn't understand what the hell was going on. I stopped playing around 10 years old, and played it again when I turned 11 and beat it.

Big D
10-08-2005, 07:34 AM
the most embarrasing for me was when i couldnt find key of the ancient for 2.5 years. and it was so obvious once i thought about where it was buried.I found that thing before I actually knew it was needed. I was exploring in the submarine, thrilled to bits with this new vehicle, when suddenly I came across that key. Not long after, I found myself at the Forgotten Capital and realised I'd pre-empted the game a little:D

FFVII was the first PRG I'd ever played. I got it for my birthday in October '99, and I *think* I'd finished it by late December or so... possibly January 2000. I got thwarted for ages by opponents such as Lost Number, Demon Gate and, most severely, Safer Sephiroth. I've kinda improved since then, though.

Slothy
10-08-2005, 01:34 PM
It probably took me a month or perhaps a little more the first time. I was in Grade 8 by this time so I really didn't have to study very hard, and homework didn't take long so my whole weekends were free. I was a little addictedd at the time. It also helped that I had beaten FF4 and FF6 numerous time over the years, so I was pretty used to FF games at this point. I'm playing through again now though, and I'd say it could take me upwards of 6 months to beat it. University is a big time consumer, and with games like Shadow of the Collossus, Soul Calibur 3, and other coming out soon, and my time already split between this, X-Men Legends 2, and DOD: Source, it's going to take awhile.

Rengori
10-08-2005, 07:04 PM
I was in Grade 8 by this time so I really didn't have to study very hard,
O_o
Are you kidding? You must be extra smart if you don't have to study very hard...

redxiiii
10-08-2005, 08:24 PM
the most embarrasing for me was when i couldnt find key of the ancient for 2.5 years. and it was so obvious once i thought about where it was buried.I found that thing before I actually knew it was needed. I was exploring in the submarine, thrilled to bits with this new vehicle, when suddenly I came across that key. Not long after, I found myself at the Forgotten Capital and realised I'd pre-empted the game a little:D

FFVII was the first PRG I'd ever played. I got it for my birthday in October '99, and I *think* I'd finished it by late December or so... possibly January 2000. I got thwarted for ages by opponents such as Lost Number, Demon Gate and, most severely, Safer Sephiroth. I've kinda improved since then, though.

Yeah I found the key early on aswell, the lost number was easy for me actually but I really struggled with cemon gate.

Russielloyd
10-08-2005, 08:29 PM
My first time took me a week, i had two weeks off with a college break.

I did about 70 hrs about on my first run, not doing any quest but jut going through it wanting to know the story. There was really no hard bits for me. Think i was doing consistant leveling throughout the game, so i pretty much had no trouble. Sure i died at bosses and stuff but the 2nd or 3rd time i beat him.

The second time i played through the game, i mastered everything, with no trouble at all. Time has exceeded 100 hrs, proberly in the 130hr mark.

Starcrest
10-09-2005, 03:17 AM
it took me like...38 hours or so to beat it, and I was about level 63 without level four limit for Cloud. Yeah the Demon Gate kicked my ass first few times, so did lost number and the possible weapons you don't have to fight, so I skiped 'em. Second time took me longer, like 58 hours. I read through everything too, except second time, because I knew the plot and stuff, so i didn't need to read it. Sephiroth was never a problem, I actually beat him first try :whaaa: crazy, but he did the Nova thing like...five times. thank God for cure 3 alls and elixers :D

Cruise Control
10-09-2005, 03:49 AM
Beat, or perfect save file?

The boss that got me stuck was Carry Armour. It inspired me to go get a gold chocobo for Knights of the Round.

Euan_hmfc
10-09-2005, 09:25 AM
Yeah, I never beat FFVII until last month. Iv'e owned it since, like, 1999 maybe. Heh, it's worth it in the end, beating it I mean...

Dinnova
10-09-2005, 08:16 PM
I never really knew about the game until I played Kingdom Hearts. When I fought Sephiroth I thought it was the coolest thing ever. Then a buddy told me that he was from ff7. He lent me the game and a beat it about a year ago (30-40 Hours). That was the second ff game I have ever played (ffX being the first). Now I love the game.

I just feel pathetic that I didn’t play the game when it first came out. Probably was playing some Mario game or something.:Oo:
Gawd FF games are so much better!!!!

P.S. This is my first post ever. So forgive me if I screw up with something. Which for me is most likely inevitable....

G SpOtZ
10-09-2005, 09:24 PM
welcome ^_^

Dinnova
10-09-2005, 09:30 PM
yay :D

Starcrest
10-10-2005, 01:19 AM
but you know what's a real kick in the pants? Bush banned FFVII :hot:

Dinnova
10-10-2005, 01:30 AM
:eek:
i'm prety shure that was a joke.
just check out this form
http://forum.anipike.com/showthread.php?t=9636
besides the link was taken from a real CNN page and edited

lol, kill your parents.

it had me going for a moment...

G SpOtZ
10-10-2005, 01:59 AM
i knew it was fake from the start. it was too unrealistic.

(the only realistic part was the terrorism accusation, but that didn't even have me going. maybe i'm just too skeptical.)

Slothy
10-10-2005, 02:03 PM
I was in Grade 8 by this time so I really didn't have to study very hard,
O_o
Are you kidding? You must be extra smart if you don't have to study very hard...

Well by didn't study hard I actually meant didn't study. I just did my homework every night and that was enough. All good things must come to an end though. I'm in University now, and I usually spend upwards of 50 hours a week in class and studying. During exams it gets bumped up to around 77 hours a week of just studying. Enjoy your gaming while you can kids, because before long, they expect you to actually work at things.

Hugomand
10-10-2005, 02:20 PM
I took me a long time aswell, because I was only a little kid. But I enjoyed it !!! :D