PDA

View Full Version : ffVIII

MrGoodLookingNJ
09-28-2005, 09:09 PM
i dont care what yall people think but ff8 is def the best game the only reason i dont think ffX is better because i was pissed how tidus was just a dream and he vanished i cried and i was pised and thats the only reason i dont thin X is better than VIII.

Winter Nights
09-28-2005, 09:29 PM
Umm... Okay. I agree, I guess, 'cept for the crying bit.

blackline77
09-28-2005, 09:53 PM
me too ff8 is my favorite, and i think the best.but ilke 7 too.

Gilgamesh of Legends
09-28-2005, 09:56 PM
Spam?

boys from the dwarf
09-28-2005, 09:56 PM
FF* is an amzing game and i am strongly against those FF8 haters. those people just cant understand. the whole FF series is amazing and i cant choose a favourite but i love FF8. it has the best character personalitys out of any FF(thats been released in england.) and its more love stiry than fightin if you ask me. FF8 is great and there is no reason to hate it. the minigames rule though. i think the music in the laguna VS ruby dragon minigame is hilarious.

blackline77
09-28-2005, 09:57 PM
spam? u sure like gilgamesh.

Skyblade
09-28-2005, 09:59 PM
I don't mind FFVIII haters. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, and if they don't recognize a great game when they play it, that's their loss. As long as they don't come in here saying things like:

"OMG, FFVIII TOTALLY SUCKS! IT IS THE WORST GAME EVER! I CAN'T BELIEVE YOU MORONS LIKE IT!"

I'm fine with it.

blackline77
09-28-2005, 10:00 PM
true.

Gilgamesh of Legends
09-28-2005, 10:34 PM
FF8 was good, but i wanted seifer to turn good, he owned

blackline77
09-28-2005, 10:36 PM
in the end he is. hes fishing. come on anyone who fishes is a good person.

Hambone
09-28-2005, 10:39 PM
FF8 is a great is a great game. It was the first FF that I did EVERYTHING! But I would say that FFX is just a little bit better. Please don't kill me!

Skyblade
09-28-2005, 10:48 PM
FF8 is a great is a great game. It was the first FF that I did EVERYTHING! But I would say that FFX is just a little bit better. Please don't kill me!

Oh, don't worry, we're very tolerant here. We'll just torture you a bit and hang you up by the bur-a'zak-ka (hee hee hee, anyone understand that one?).

blackline77
09-28-2005, 10:49 PM
i liked x too.

Gilgamesh of Legends
09-28-2005, 10:56 PM
x was pretty shallow

CaladBolgLionHeart
09-28-2005, 11:13 PM
X was the second best game ive ever played, however, i believe FF8 is arguably one of the best games ever, and its at the top of my list. The hauntingly memorable music (once, that Eyes on Me song got stuck in my head for a year) and the, at the time, revolutionary gameplay will be praised for years.

blackline77
09-28-2005, 11:18 PM
agreed.

x_Hopeless_Deviate_x
09-28-2005, 11:41 PM
FF8 was pretty impressive even though I didn't like Rinoa, Selphie, and Irvine.
I avoided using them as much as I could.
The Laguna sequences made the game so much more suspenseful and meaningful.
I personally was disappointed with the end though...
Could've been better.
But the junction system made the game very unique and it was nice not having to worry about levelling up for once.
And Laguna rules!!!
:love:

Slade
09-29-2005, 03:30 AM
VIII :love:
It was my first final fantasy and introduced me to the series. Great game. Great characters. Great story. Great system. By far my favorite.

Kamrusepas
09-29-2005, 04:50 AM
Seify's not bad...

Anyways, just like Slade: my first and true FF-love :love:

Xaven
09-29-2005, 06:07 AM
i dont care what yall people think but ff8 is def the best game the only reason i dont think ffX is better because i was pissed how tidus was just a dream and he vanished i cried and i was pised and thats the only reason i dont thin X is better than VIII.
Less caffeine and more punctuation, please. :p

Yes, I do believe FFVIII is one of the better games out there.

TheAbominatrix
09-29-2005, 06:17 AM
Great music, awesome card game, some neat characters. However, I felt it suffered from poor character development (and none at all with anyone aside from Rinoa and Squall), a bland storyline (but the Laguna aspects were amazing, I like the depth it added to the story), and lots of other flaws. Hardly the best game ever (for me), but not the worst I've ever played, either.

X, on the other hand, had very realistic characters (emotion-wise), and wonderful development for them. Gorgeous settings, neat abilities system, realistic summons, very emotional ending. The Blitzball was horrid and tiresome, some of the quests for ultimate shiz were just downright annoying, and the music, while not bad, could have been better (excluding the vocal songs). I vastly prefered X, and it's one of my top three favorite Final Fantasy games.

DMKA
09-29-2005, 06:38 AM
They're both excellent games. I prefer X...I think.

Big D
09-29-2005, 07:47 AM
Great music, awesome card game, some neat characters. However, I felt it suffered from poor character development (and none at all with anyone aside from Rinoa and Squall), a bland storyline (but the Laguna aspects were amazing, I like the depth it added to the story), and lots of other flaws. Hardly the best game ever (for me), but not the worst I've ever played, either.

X, on the other hand, had very realistic characters (emotion-wise), and wonderful development for them. Gorgeous settings, neat abilities system, realistic summons, very emotional ending. The Blitzball was horrid and tiresome, some of the quests for ultimate shiz were just downright annoying, and the music, while not bad, could have been better (excluding the vocal songs). I vastly prefered X, and it's one of my top three favorite Final Fantasy games.Once again, I agree with Ashley because her opinion rules.

crazybayman
09-29-2005, 12:45 PM
FFVIII is definitely my favorite. It was my first since FF1 and Mystic Quest, meaning it was my first in about 5 years. It had me hooked all over again.

The music was amazing, great battle system, it had a much more serious feel to it. The extra GF sidequests, like Bahamut, the Ultima Weapon fight were awesome sidequests, and the card game was great, although it pales in comparison to blitzball, but that's must me being a sports nut :p

FFX is a close second. I agree with everything that Abominatrix said on this one. The only kicker, like she mentioned, is that the ultimate weapons aquisition was incredibally annoying. I was ready to gauge my eyes out after about 2 hours of getting a 0.2 sec time on the stupid Chocobo racing :mad2:

But the extra's like Omega Dungeon, Blitzball, and extra Aeons was awesome. Great character development, great environment, and realistic personalities.

Future Esthar
09-29-2005, 03:12 PM
FF8 is my fave but 7 is also cool.

Dreddz
09-29-2005, 11:10 PM
I like FFVIII, I prefer FFX though, and FFVII to them all :D

Odaisé Gaelach
09-30-2005, 11:08 AM
FFVIII was all right, except that the plot becames very weak towards the ending. Definately had touches of brilliance about it, just not as many as FFX.

TheAbominatrix
09-30-2005, 11:20 AM

X, on the other hand, had very realistic characters (emotion-wise), and wonderful development for them. Gorgeous settings, neat abilities system, realistic summons, very emotional ending. The Blitzball was horrid and tiresome, some of the quests for ultimate shiz were just downright annoying, and the music, while not bad, could have been better (excluding the vocal songs). I vastly prefered X, and it's one of my top three favorite Final Fantasy games.Once again, I agree with Ashley because her opinion rules.

:skull3: