PDA

View Full Version : emulator speed help

Skarr
09-28-2005, 10:21 PM
Hi guys whats up. I've had visualboy advance now for almost a year and it never gave me trouble with speed but as of lately its been running slow i used the faq that came with it but it didn't help. Before it used to run at 99-100 now its 70-83 which is slow and bad. Now i tried all that i could so i'm asking if someone can give me some help...thanks.

ps :beer: :lol:

bipper
09-30-2005, 08:11 PM
you can set its priority in the menu system by clicking options ? priotrity on the menu bar. You can also set up the sync, frameskip, throttle, and a billion other options. This is by far one of my favorite emulators out therer ! :D

Puts around in there, if you need any help outside of that, repost and kick me in the teeth :D

Bipper

crono_logical
09-30-2005, 09:41 PM
I also find some games emulate slower than others, due to having more things going on at once. Especially if the game suddenly spawns a huge number of sprites, then you'll get a temporary slowdown. You could double check nothing big has changed by trying to emulate a ROM you know went fast before and see if it's still fast :p

Skarr
09-30-2005, 09:47 PM
yeah thanks a lot