PDA

View Full Version : another sequel anywhere in the future

Tarshish
09-28-2005, 11:54 PM
Has there ever been any talk of another game in this series? I't just one of those where I wish there was one. I personally loved the music in Chrono Cross, and the obviously Chrono Trigger is a classic. Maybe this is just wishful thinking.

GooeyToast
09-29-2005, 12:42 AM
There's been talk, yes, but whether or not Square will ever get around to it has yet to be said.

Super Christ
09-29-2005, 01:12 AM
If there is a kind and loving god, there will be.

druinmaster
09-29-2005, 02:12 AM
ummm god is evil and hates gamers cause if he loved us why was the "sequel" to FF7 A *bleep*ing movie I think its safe to say most true FF7 fans are pissed about that but thats a story for another forum ;)

G SpOtZ
09-29-2005, 03:09 AM
ummm god is evil and hates gamers cause if he loved us why was the "sequel" to FF7 A *bleep*ing movie I think its safe to say most true FF7 fans are pissed about that but thats a story for another forum ;)
my brother saw it, he's in japan. he wasn't disappointed with it at all, and i'm very looking forward to see it.

as of the CC sequel... there's been rumors and talk about one.
apparently, Square or somebody copyrighted the title of "Chrono Break" but haven't said anything about it yet.

?????
09-29-2005, 03:44 AM
The Chrono Break trademark expired in January, actually. No further plans have been made, though in the numerous attempts to get hold of them on the issue that the Chrono community has made, they've said that it's definitely not out of the question. Yasunori Mitsuda and Masato Kato have also reunited, for both Blue Dragon and Kirite. Neither one is related to Chrono, but it offers a glimmer of hope nonetheless. I wouldn't count the series out; it does have a massive fanbase. The problem is that a lot of people hated Chrono Cross because it wasn't a shameless clone of the original. However, it is a PSX Greatest Hits title, and is generally held to be among the finest of RPGs.

One might also note that it took a full eight years after Super Metroid was released before they decided to release Metroid Prime and Fusion. Metroid Prime 3 is going to be released on the Revolution. This doesn't just happen in the game industry, either; Star Wars is perhaps the most prominent example of this phenomenon. Virtually no mainstream-accessible materials were created between 1983 and 1991, when Timothy Zahn penned the Thrawn trilogy. Without Zahn, there would have been no prequel movies. Of course, there were RPG books and stuff, but seriously...that's too nerdy even for most of us.

Dreddz
09-29-2005, 10:07 AM
Would be cool if they made one.....

druinmaster
09-29-2005, 09:33 PM
yes it would be and a sequel probably will be made it time just we may be dead before it comes out...

The Man
09-29-2005, 09:43 PM
I believe the director of the series left Square, so another sequel is unlikely. But we can hope.

?????
09-30-2005, 12:16 AM
Yes, Masato Kato works freelance now, but he's still doing projects with SE. For that matter, Nobuo Uematsu is also freelance currently, so that doesn't mean too much.

Bowser
10-07-2005, 01:22 AM
Aww, I was looking forward to Chrono Brake... :(

?????
10-07-2005, 01:30 AM
Yeah, me too. So was almost everyone I know who plays video games.

Zeality
10-10-2005, 02:17 PM
I'd say there is definitely still hope. Kato just signed to help Square with Children of Mana, and Mitsuda and Kato are great friends now. Chrono probably just does not fit into SE's business plan at the moment, but it is a marketable and profitable franchise.