PDA

View Full Version : DoD Source.

nik0tine
09-29-2005, 08:51 AM
So what do you all think of this? I, personally really do like the new additions, but I think there are not enough options. I think you should be able to choose what you can do with your gun. For example, instead of always having the ability to look thriugh the Iron sights of the kar/garand, I think you should be able to CHOOSE the option of bayonette/butt smack instead. And also I think you should be able to choose which SMG you use, etc. etc. etc. Sorry, I've had a bit of alcahol but that shouldnt matter since the general topic is what did you all think of DoD souce? I personally think it's quite fun.

Pure Strife
09-29-2005, 07:19 PM
How does it rate next to CS:S?

Necronopticous
09-29-2005, 07:21 PM
A guy from my work keeps telling me about it. I really need to go out and buy HL2 so I can play all these mods.

Shoeberto
09-29-2005, 08:17 PM
I've heard there's still a few kinks that have to be worked out in it, though I can't confirm them. I never liked DoD enough to warrant actually paying for DoD:S. CoD has an overall better multiplayer aspect, in my opinion.

nik0tine
09-30-2005, 03:55 AM
How does it rate next to CS:S?
I think it's ten times better than CS source, but then again I'm not the biggest fan of Counter Strike so I'm a bit biased.

Slothy
09-30-2005, 03:00 PM
For example, instead of always having the ability to look thriugh the Iron sights of the kar/garand, I think you should be able to CHOOSE the option of bayonette/butt smack instead.

Does this mean the bayonet/butt smack is gone entirely? If so I'll be severely dissapointed should I choose to get it. If I had a dollar for everyone I've killed in DOD with those abilities, I'd have enough for a next gen console. At close range with a Kar, that bayonet was a life saver.

As for whether it's better than CS:S or not, I of course can't say having not played DOD:S yet, but DOD was a hell of a lot better than CS. In fact, I would still choose the original DOD over CS:S (and frequently do).