PDA

View Full Version : IT- Read it! (And some crazy talkies)

Gau Dude
09-29-2005, 12:50 PM
***** (This book ROCKS)

I`d like to start with a dark, sad, and long story (Really, you donīt have to read this part. Itīll just waste your precious time):
It was my last day in the gifted (Man! I HATE that english name!) school in Karmiel, Israel. Yep, those were the days. I burried my poor dead discman in the backyard of the school (Which was stolen from his grave in the end of the day by some stupid kids from the junior school. Tragedy #1.), and remembered at the last moment to make a list of books that I HAVE to buy to remember that language, HEBREW.
A poor child, in Buenos-Aires in Argentina, 3 months after that day. I had just 4 books of that list, the rest was going to be sent with the time or in my Bar-Mitzva, whatever. My computer was stolen in the conteiner while it was pasted from one plain to another in Spain (Tragedy #2.) with all my poor roms, quests and emulators (OH BOY!!!). I finnaly remember I never wenīt back to take the bag I forgot after the trip in the vacations, which means Brikalin, my loved ventilator (It was blue, and little, and playful! Tragedy #3.) is lost forever, and maybe I even forgot Pyramids (By TERRY PRACHETT!! Tragedy #4, for god sake!), by I have no proof, because my books, which maybe pyramids is there, are in the container, and we selected a bad company to send our conteiner, and nobody knows when itīll come back (Tragedy #5.)!
And then, IT was sended from Israel. It wasenīt such a mad story, but after listing it it sounds like one. IT educated me that there IS such a word in my vocabulary called FEAR, I just havenīt opened the doors to that word. I decided not to read IT after that or other hour, but I havenīt listened to that anyway.
IT is a book by Stephen King, maybe his greatest horror book (Maybe his greatest book at all!). IT talks about the embodiment of all evil, which wears forms (His favorite form, anyway, is the form of Pennywise the clown. Great character.) and eat children. That embodiment of evil stuff is, of course, the key to the philosophy in the book, which every great horror book needs.
Seven kids are united by the destiny (Or.. Not?) to destroy it, in the year of 1958. By the year of 1985 they are famous and rich, and they forgot everything... Everything, except they promised theyīll come back to destroy IT forever, in the horror city of Derry if heīll ever come back.

Really, read that one. If you read my sad story youīll have no problen to read a book in a lenth like that (Something like a 1000 pages).
Thereīs a movie, of course, but it sucks. The heroes looks like a bunch of mexicans, and Tim Curry plays Pennywaise. And we all know Timmy sucks, DONīT WE?

Chris
09-29-2005, 12:54 PM
I'm just lookin' at your sig. :Oo: